Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Which gun is right for Trigger?

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Which gun is right for Trigger? Empty
PostSubject: Which gun is right for Trigger?   Which gun is right for Trigger? EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 3:09 am

(Being stuck in Vegas gives me a lot of time to think about nothing. The following thread is the result of one of my aimless ponderings. Admittedly, I've posted a thread like this every time I've created a character, but here we go again nonetheless. Rolls Eyes Perhaps I'll successfully absorb the information this go-around.)

Firstly, I guess I should make a few things known about the direction my next (And hopefully last) character will be taking. Maybe this will help us figure out "which gun is right for Trigger."

- I will be extremely melee oriented, so the costs of ammo shouldn't be considered. I'll only be firing this weapon as a last resort when I'm neck-deep in Longarms during the OA.

- My reload and accuracy stats will be crap for.... Well, pretty much forever. First I'll get criticals to 75 (more if "The Gun that's right for Trigger" needs more criticals) Then I'll get Strength to 55, then Agility to 100, then Endurance to 100. That means reload and accuracy won't see a single point point added to them until around level 50. Therefore, I also need a weapon that can show me the most results with the smallest investment in reload or accuracy.

- All of my deaths are caused by getting cornered by a gang of longarms in the JY, so I need something that can help prevent this from happening, especially because my endurance will be low for quite a while. This makes me lean towards the shotgun or GL. (I assume you can't be hurt by your own grenades) Unfortunately, either gun doesn't gain from my critical stat, but crowd control will be my biggest focus this go around, instead of sniping.

- I have no interest in PvP, so don't base your decision around the weapon's functionality against live opponents.

Anyways, people are starting to invade my space, so I'm gonna leave things at that. Which gun is right for Trigger? Currently, shotguns are looking rather promising.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which gun is right for Trigger?   Which gun is right for Trigger? EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 4:18 pm

I'd go for Machine Guns actually. In the end, you'll need fast firepower and large clips. Shotguns have the firepower, but aren't fast, and those that are, have small clips.
Back to top Go down
Hunk
Human Unit Never Killed
Hunk

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Which gun is right for Trigger?   Which gun is right for Trigger? EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 9:16 pm

Hmm, maybe rifle - machinegun

or

melee - machinegun (I use this build to loot)
Back to top Go down
mr dr sir man
Survivor

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Which gun is right for Trigger?   Which gun is right for Trigger? EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 10:12 pm

i just think neil should input an RPC
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which gun is right for Trigger?   Which gun is right for Trigger? EmptyWed Jul 08, 2009 10:56 pm

Thanks for the suggestions, people. ^_^

*Notices the best machineguns have high strength requirements*

*Throws a chair in dismay*

How reliable is the FN FAL?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which gun is right for Trigger?   Which gun is right for Trigger? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 2:13 am

Get K-50M. or Thompson. or HK UMP.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which gun is right for Trigger?   Which gun is right for Trigger? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 3:42 am

So light-machineguns are preferable over the heavy-machineguns? Good to know. Tongue

*Quickly obtains an HK UMP, since it's vastly cheaper*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which gun is right for Trigger?   Which gun is right for Trigger? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 3:51 am

Heavy Machine Guns don't use your crit at all. They rarely crit.

The SMG's would take advantage of your crit.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which gun is right for Trigger?   Which gun is right for Trigger? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 3:54 am

Good, good.

So how effective is a light MG as far as knock-back goes? Is it at all helpful when being surrounded by longarms?

*Wishes he would have tested out the various firearm types long ago*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which gun is right for Trigger?   Which gun is right for Trigger? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 10:59 pm

It does good if you have high critical.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which gun is right for Trigger?   Which gun is right for Trigger? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:15 pm

My plan was to get 75. Should I increase it to 100?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which gun is right for Trigger?   Which gun is right for Trigger? EmptyThu Jul 09, 2009 11:16 pm

Yeah.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which gun is right for Trigger?   Which gun is right for Trigger? EmptyFri Jul 10, 2009 7:29 pm

Hmm, this is really going to stretch my stats. Which is best?

55 strength (I can use the second best armour, and all the LMGs, but not the better HMGs)
100 Agility
100 Endurance

70 strength (I can use the best armor)
100 Agility
85 Endurance

100 Strength (I can use the best armor and any LMG or HMG)
80 Agility
75 endurance

I figure the first option is the way to go. But I though I'd get some opinions.

And one more question since I can't find the chart : With 100 criticals and a weapon with a low critical chance, what percentage of my shots would be critical?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which gun is right for Trigger?   Which gun is right for Trigger? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 6:46 pm

I'd say top one.

Or better yet, get an LR8, and put the extra strength stats in Accuracy or reloading.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Which gun is right for Trigger?   Which gun is right for Trigger? EmptySun Jul 19, 2009 8:45 pm

O:

I might just do that!
Back to top Go down
Lucio 1995
Survivor
Lucio 1995

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Which gun is right for Trigger?   Which gun is right for Trigger? EmptyTue Jul 21, 2009 7:12 pm

Same as Jarki, i say the first one ^^
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Which gun is right for Trigger?   Which gun is right for Trigger? Empty

Back to top Go down

Which gun is right for Trigger?
Page 1 of 1