Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Resident Evil: Degeneration

Go down 
+2
Lucio 1995
Z 1
6 posters
AuthorMessage

Resident Evil: Degeneration Empty
PostSubject: Resident Evil: Degeneration   Resident Evil: Degeneration EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 5:25 pm

So, I watched RE: Degeneration last night. I was going into it, thinking it was going to be a smouldering pile of crap.

And, well...

It wasn't AS bad as I thought it would be.

Of course, the beginning sequences with the zombies were terrible. Everyone looked like a floppy piece of plastic scrambling and yelling and falling and shooting. Of course, the little girl has a weird voice actor that does an overabundance of anime crying and giggling. Then magically a plane crashes through a window, and that was kinda cool, until I saw the fire effects. Then I was like, "Meh, whattafuck."

After that, the zombies didn't really prove much other than target practice. One guy died from them. One guy. And it was barely a bite too. -.-

Spoiler:

The "boss fight" was slightly entertaining, but the end where they're hanging upside down is.... unrealistic. Girl shoulda been ripped in half, or Leon should been ripped in half. Leon can't hold THAT much weight...

Anyways, the action scenes were pretty neat and well done, with the exception of the beginning of the outbreak in the airport. At times it seemed like they dragged out the scene or a fight, and sometimes things contradict each other, especially in the ending scenes inside the WilPharma headquarters. At times the characters looked stoned, retarded, or just poorly animated, but it's usually only the Senator and Leon, so that's not that bad. The entire movie focuses on the T-Virus and its strains, no Plagas shit, so RE fans may like that. And RE4 fans will love the Hunnigan cameo.

Overall, this movie had some major flaws, but if you look over them and don't have a negative outlook on it like I did, then you'll enjoy the movie. Or you can be like me, and enjoy making fun of the movie whilst it's playing. ;)

6/10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Degeneration   Resident Evil: Degeneration EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 6:36 pm

Heh, did you watch the "bloopers?" I thought they were funny as fuck.

Overall I enjoyed the movie. Perhaps it's just because I'm a Leon fanboy, or perhaps it's because I have a hard-on for anything animated that appeals to my interests... But it's definitely something I'd take time out of my day to watch again.

Or at least I would if I could find it... I have a feeling it slipped out of my luggage somewhere between Nevada and Mississippi last Christmas.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Degeneration   Resident Evil: Degeneration EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 9:33 pm

Mine was downloaded, and I watched it with Erica/Cocaine/Dr. Shavargo. Was funny shit.

As I said, it wasn't too bad. I'd definitely watch it again, at 4:00 in the morning like last time, but it wasn't great. Definitely not. XD
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Degeneration   Resident Evil: Degeneration EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 10:26 pm

I liked it, though the vaccine for the t-virus pissed me of, makes fighting zombies too easy.
Back to top Go down
Lucio 1995
Survivor
Lucio 1995

Number of posts : 14

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Degeneration   Resident Evil: Degeneration EmptyTue Aug 11, 2009 10:31 pm

Spoiler:

I think it was a good movie, lotsa better without the RE4 bullshit (Thank you Jarki xD) , i hope they do more like these, WITHOUT actors, ANIMATED.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Degeneration   Resident Evil: Degeneration EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 1:00 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Degeneration   Resident Evil: Degeneration EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 2:35 pm

I really enjoyed Resident Evil: Degeneration.

Jarki's right though, Leon had little to no facial expressions what so ever. He and Angela both
pretty much wore the same, lucid expression on their face, as if they'd been smoking some herb.

I was sad at the severe lack of other B.O.W's v.v I was hoping to see some Cerberus, hell a flock
of crows would have been sufficient... Why the hell are the movies, CGI or otherwise so intent on
keeping the focus on the zombies? Give the Hunter series some screen time, damnit!

Claire in my opinion was the best character represented in the movie, and Greg. It's a shame that
he was killed off so early, I think the movie would have been a lot better had he survived at least
half way through. I liked Greg even more because he was voiced by Tom of Toonami fame. Cheesy

All in all, I enjoyed Degeneration a lot, a lot more than I did Re4 and most of the live-action films.
Which continue to become more and more disappointing with each sequel they release, and the
games are quickly following suit. But I digress, that's a rant for another day.

I really hope they continue making these CGI movies, not only for the Re series, but I'd love to
see Solid Snake brought to live on the CG screen. Here's hoping we get a good MGS film next,
and an even better sequel to Degeneration.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Degeneration   Resident Evil: Degeneration EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 5:26 pm

I found that the live action movies have quite a large concentration on B.O.W.'s... In the first, the licker was extremely deadly and preyed on them for the most part of the movie. The second, there were multiple lickers, and then Nemesis. In the latest, I don't know if you count crows, but there was also that doctor that turned into a Tyrant. Plus, Alice herself is a B.O.W.

I've found that while the RE games aren't actually getting WORSE, they are getting less related. They're amazing games, but, they're terrbile RE games.

And the movies as well, if you don't consider them as RE movies, they're pretty kickass. But once you try and relate them to RE beyond the names and locations, it's terrible.

You just need to have a certain viewpoint on them.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Degeneration   Resident Evil: Degeneration EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 5:48 pm

IMO the second movie was kickass up until Alice drove through the church window on a ****ing motorcycle duel-wielding sawed-offs.

That made me facepalm and so did Alice as a character and every scene she was in.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Degeneration   Resident Evil: Degeneration EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 6:16 pm

Pretty much what Jarki said.

First movie = Alright. Bad for an RE film, but fine otherwise.

Second movie = Interesting. Nice action, but still not a good RE film.

Third movie = Cannot in any way be considered an RE movie, but was very fun to watch.

IMO, the RE movies are getting better, but their ties with the actual RE universe has all but deteriorated.
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Degeneration   Resident Evil: Degeneration EmptyWed Aug 12, 2009 6:22 pm

Meh. I though Degeneration was alright, not too bad. I wouldnt know anything about the re universe, I prefere other zombie entertainment.
Back to top Go down
Hunk
Human Unit Never Killed
Hunk

Number of posts : 25

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Degeneration   Resident Evil: Degeneration EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 12:33 am

I wonder if Capcom want to make RE II & RE III CGI Movie Tongue

RE Degeneration didn't satisfy me ....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Degeneration   Resident Evil: Degeneration EmptyThu Aug 13, 2009 3:32 am

*nods nods* Same!

I hope they eventually do... We need something 8/10 and above, not 6/10 XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Degeneration   Resident Evil: Degeneration Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: Degeneration
Page 1 of 1