Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

So...I just got back from District 9...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

So...I just got back from District 9... Empty
PostSubject: So...I just got back from District 9...   So...I just got back from District 9... EmptyFri Aug 21, 2009 9:24 pm

Was pretty good. Easily the best thing I've seen all year. More than anything it's nice to see a new possible Sci-Fi franchise that isn't just a movie based on a game or a sequel to something. The Cgi in this movie was very, very good as well. Interesting plot and everything, though it seemed a little bit...jumpy at parts. Also, the movie starts as if it's being filmed by a camera, than partway in the camera become invisible and no one notices it following them anymore. It can also teleport, because it switches to different characters really fast. Movie ended as if suggesting a sequel could happen, I'm hoping there isn't one though. The way it ended kinda made the movie for me.

Anyway, I'm going to go see Inglorious Bastards with a another friend tomorrow...totally got offered free tickets. >_>
That should be neat. Theater popcorn ****ing sucks btw, I feel kinda sick to my stomach right now from eating it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So...I just got back from District 9...   So...I just got back from District 9... EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 2:46 am

It's actually good?

Lol, I saw the commercial and laughed. But I guess, it might not be that bad.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: So...I just got back from District 9...   So...I just got back from District 9... EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:00 am

Commercial made it out to look alot cheesier and over-the-top than it really was, to be honest.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So...I just got back from District 9...   So...I just got back from District 9... EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:16 am

"We just want to go home"

XD

But yeah, I guess I'll end up checking it out.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: So...I just got back from District 9...   So...I just got back from District 9... EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 3:24 am

That part was totally not in the movie...nor was the deflecting RPG part.
For whatever reason, like half the trailer wasn't in the movie.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So...I just got back from District 9...   So...I just got back from District 9... EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 4:52 pm

Penguin Hunter wrote:
That part was totally not in the movie...nor was the deflecting RPG part.

o.O Yes they were. Both parts. Pay more attention to your movies! )=<
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: So...I just got back from District 9...   So...I just got back from District 9... EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:51 pm

Bullsheet I say! I do not remember them!
Wait...the RPG part was there. But the trailer clearly showed the missle being deflected! I only saw it grabbed and than 'splode!
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: So...I just got back from District 9...   So...I just got back from District 9... EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 5:55 pm

No, it sploded. And I knew it was gonna be good, and It's like, the best movie of the summer. WAtch the vid it was based off of, Alive in Joburg.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: So...I just got back from District 9...   So...I just got back from District 9... EmptyMon Aug 24, 2009 12:49 am

The trailer showed that it was grabbed, not deflected.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So...I just got back from District 9...   So...I just got back from District 9... EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 2:57 pm

I can honestly say that District 9 is the first movie I've ever gotten tired of hearing the word fuck said by a guy who poorly speaks english.

Other then that it was a pretty good movie and I would watch it again if I had nothing better to do.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: So...I just got back from District 9...   So...I just got back from District 9... EmptyTue Aug 25, 2009 4:04 pm

Oh fwook! The fwookin' aliens are shooting at us with their fwookin' lasers! Fwook!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So...I just got back from District 9...   So...I just got back from District 9... Empty

Back to top Go down

So...I just got back from District 9...
Page 1 of 1