Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)

Go down 
+2
fatalitywolf
Z 1
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) Empty
PostSubject: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 10:55 pm

The year is 2123:

5 years ago tensions arose between Russia and America. Officials spoke of the matter as Cold War 2; an era of dislike without casualties. Both countries took their sides with their allies and the hatred that was shared by only too countries soon became a global feud. The seemingly uneventful tension took a daring turn as an atomic bomb made its way towards the white house, and with the ease and precision of the military, the atomic bomb was successfully destroyed in air over the atlantic ocean without any casualties. Extremely upset at the attempt America took immediate counter measures to seek revenge on Russia. Focusing and preparing for an all out attack on Russia and its allies, America did not foresee the 82 bombs soaring over the Pacific Ocean at an alarming rate. America did its best to take out as many possible bombs but realizing the chances of defusing all of them was slim to none; America took immediate actions and soon had every nuke ready to be flown over to Russia.

Operation Black Out (the name given to the global Russian massacre) was a success. Oddly enough Russia had not even set up counter measures to defend themselves from such an attack. Obviously size served for nothing as over 75% of the once populated Russia was in seconds turned into rubble and smoke.

In an effort for redemption, Russia sent an entire fleet to the destroyed coast of California 3 days after the attack. The attack on America was holocaustic.. Every American citizen that the Russians spotted was slaughtered violently. After months of slaughter the Russians soon shipped over their surviving citizens and claimed the greater portion of the Western American Front officially under the control of The Motherland.

The Americans formed a resistance built up of the Military and the braver citizens. Residing in the Eastern portion of America the government worked tirelessly to readapt to these new conditions so the citizens could still survive.

It wasn't long before the great plains became the battlefront for the war. Thousands of lives are lost each day for their sides cause and millions more struggle to stay alive. America is no longer a place for the kindhearted, the self doubting, or the silent.

America has now become Hell on Earth.. and your living in it..

Will you survive?

Americans:

Still live life the best they can. Many lost their jobs when government established the "rebuilding" act. Jobs considered unnecessary to the re growing of the American nation lost government funding. Due to this crime rates have increased all across the country. Police have been given the ability to control the masses in "any means necessary" which usually results with a bullet in the cranium of a criminal. Prisons no longer exist in America due to the Redemption Act that allowed any criminal willing to work for the government doing odd jobs to help rebuild the nation would be released from jail; those who refused were given the death sentence.

Russians:

Russia no longer enjoys the little things in life. Most citizens now live in shacks build of scrap metal that were build in mass all over the West Coast. As a result most citizens decided to join the military in hopes of a steady paycheck. Crime is seen daily all across the Russian territory now as a proper police team has yet to be established. The police in Russia now largely consist of average citizens who have a gun and still care for justice.

Sign-Up:
Name:
Description:
Alliance: (Russia, America, or None)
Brief Background:
Image:
Your Stats:
Side Characters: (How many of them, their names, and individual stats*)

(*Individual stats aren't required but could be a major advantage to you in battle. If you choose not to use them your Side Character will be given the same amount of power as your average lvl 2 enemy.)

Your Stats:
Strength: I'm gonna punch you in the face!
Agility: I'm gonna slit your throat in your sleep!
Endurance: I can endure more radioactivity than you!
Will: What that bullet in my leg? Its nothing..
Personality: NPCs just like me for some reason.
Luck: Hey look! A stock pile of ammo! And a fancy new gun!

Side Characters' Stats:
Strength:
Agility:
Endurance:
Will:
Survivability:

Rp will start when I feel like starting it. This is a free roam RP (Go anywhere in America you please) trials will be made specifically for your character based on his level and were he or she is.

Last edited by Havoc on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:22 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptyFri Sep 11, 2009 11:20 pm

Name:Zachary
Ethnicity:Caucasian
Description:Sergeant Major of the USMC with the 1st ODST
Alliance: America
Brief Background: He kicks ass and chews on cigars, and hes all out of cigars
Image The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) 87823810
Your Stats:
Strength: 6
Agility: 6
Endurance: 3
Will: 7
Personality: 4
Luck: 6
Side Characters:4
Sergent Mathis Important to story
Cprl. Taylor important to story
PFC Hikins
PFC Maco

Last edited by Z 1 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:54 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 3:07 pm

Name: Jegd (Jej)

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Description: A sociopathic motherfucker originally from a story unrelated to this RP.

Alliance: None

Brief Background: Will be revealed as the story progresses.

Image:

The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) Jegd10

Stats:

Strength: 10
Agility: 10
Endurance: 5
Will: 5
Personality: 10
Luck: 0

Last edited by Trigger on Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:11 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 9:21 pm

Update.
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptySat Sep 12, 2009 10:38 pm

Name: Starshina (Master-Sergeant)

Ethnicity:Caucasian

Description: loves to kill stuff well and dosent care what and who he has a knife scare running down his right eye but can still see perfectly well out of both

Alliance: Russian

Brief Background:he was in the RAF as a weapon tech bomb expert but transferred to the army to join the SAS at 29 he joined the SAS and was in them for 9 years before heading out out to america to do some hitman work for the us goverment before joining the Russian Spetzans he is now only know by his rank

Image:

The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) Mercen10

Stats:
Strength: 7
Agility: 7
Endurance:7
Will: 7
Personality: 5
Luck: 7

Side Characters: none

Last edited by fatalitywolf on Sun Sep 13, 2009 1:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 10:58 am

New Update:

Side Characters! You know you want them!

I have acknowledged that America is a fairly large place to roam about from place to place. Due to this I am allowing "Grouping". By this i mean a "main character" is allowed to have a group of up to 10 "side characters" at one time.

There are positive and negative attributes to the amount of "side characters" you have with you however. As example a person who chooses to have NO "side characters" will have considerably better stats then a person who has 10 "side characters".

Example: Trigger decides to free roam the game by himself. He will have the full 40 stat points to add into his characters stats. Fatality wolf decides to use up 20 of his stat points (Side characters will cost you 2 stat points a piece). Trigger would slaughter Fatality wolf in a 1 vs 1 match but if he so chose to attempt to take down Fatality Wolf under the protections of his 10 men, he would probably take out 2 of them before being out gunned. (The amount of people you kill before being out gunned will depend on your "Stealth")

So as you see in that example 2 of Fatality Wolf's men were killed by a rogue player. The bad part of this is that you just lost two guns and 4 stat points you won't get back to use on two more men. There is a light at the end of the tunnel however as characters will be given "level ups" after fighting major character in the RP. (5 stat points per level up. You will also be able to level up after maxing your stats (if the RP gets that far) and those stat points will go towards building up your army and leveling them.) Ah yes, I nearly forgot that. "Side Characters" will also level once ever two of your levels.

Side characters will start off at 10 stat points and you can place those into any stats you so which. So basically a side character starts off at lvl 2. (They become more use to you as they level up). Also if one of your "side characters" is killed in battle you can always recruit another at the cost of 2 more stat points (That means if you start off with 10 and one gets killed, you can't get another until you level up)

Also for the sake of your Role Playing you can choose two of those "Side Characters" to be "Important to your story" which will prevent me from picking them off with the exception of your character being killed. Once you have done something so stupid to get yourself killed you can either take control of one of those side characters to continue your story; or start over entirely.

Since I have filled your cranium with all this wonderful new information please edit your sign-up sheet to meet these new specifications.

Sign-Up:
Name:
Description:
Alliance: (Russia, America, or None)
Brief Background:
Image:
Your Stats:
Side Characters: (How many of them, their names, and individual stats*)

(*Individual stats aren't required but could be a major advantage to you in battle. If you choose not to use them your Side Character will be given the same amount of power as your average lvl 2 enemy.)

Your Stats:
Strength: I'm gonna punch you in the face!
Agility: I'm gonna slit your throat in your sleep!
Endurance: I can endure more radioactivity than you!
Will: What that bullet in my leg? Its nothing..
Personality: NPCs just like me for some reason.
Luck: Hey look! A stock pile of ammo! And a fancy new gun!

Side Characters' Stats:
Strength:
Agility:
Endurance:
Will:
Survivability:
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 1:42 pm

added
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 3:22 pm

I updated mine, but I assumed that you could have no more than 10 points in each individual skill (Which is common in most RPs.) So kindly tell me if the limit is higher.

Also, I suggest another type of side character called "Cannon Fodder."

They would be utterly useless in all aspects, and would serve only to keep your character company until they were eviscerated.

For instance, I'd like some peeps to make lewd jokes with and kick around, but I really don't want them helping me in any fights, especially if it means losing stat points.

Basically, I want human pets with 1 hp and 0 combat skill.

Last edited by Trigger on Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 11:39 pm

You did assume correctly, the stat cap was 10 (which I forgot to mention)..

However I witness a foreseeable problem with the 40 stats I have given.. If the maximum points needed to max out all your stats is 60 then that means you really only need to gain 4 levels to max out everything. So since this is a discussion thread we shall discuss this. Which of these choices sounds fitting.

-Leave the beginning stat points be, I doubt anyone in the story gets past lvl 4 before the RP dies off like all the others

-Leave the beginning stat points be and lower the stats earned from leveling to 2 stats per level. Bringing it to a total of 10 levels you must earn before reaching max stats. (This could be a challenge as you would have to be in 10 boss fights or impossible odds battles.

-Lower the beginning stat points to 30, that way we have to earn 6 levels to max out.

-Lower the beginning stat points to 20, that way we have to earn 8 levels to max out with the disadvantage of being terribly weak and easily killed.

DISCUSS IT!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptySun Sep 13, 2009 11:48 pm

Trigger wrote:

Also, I suggest another type of side character called "Cannon Fodder."

They would be utterly useless in all aspects, and would serve only to keep your character company until they were eviscerated.

For instance, I'd like some peeps to make lewd jokes with and kick around, by I really don't want them helping me in any fights, especially if it means losing stat points.

Basically, I want human pets with 1 hp and 0 combat skill.

It shall be allowed! Non fighting characters will be allowed up to a maximum of 5. They will be extremely weak and be killed pretty easily. It would be unwise to attach yourself to one of these individuals due to their short life span.

I don't know why I feel I should point this out at this point in time but I shall anyway. Do not worry about were in America you place your character as even though it is a post apocalyptic era there are still these wonderful inventions called automobiles you can use to travel state to state. Due to border patrols on both sides of the great planes however you will not be able to drive through this area. It is basically consumed by flames and flying bullets and would be best traveled by foot at night.

Also I shall point out danger areas. The Great Planes is the easiest place to be shot dead in the entire game making crossing it a flip of the coin chance of being violently killed amidst the gun fire. If you do cross it however do note that you are in enemy territory now that you have crossed the line and it would be best not to cause any public disturbances as you would probably be mauled by angry settlers. (A good way to think of this is like in grand theft auto. On your side you have 0-2 stars depending on how good you are. When your in the Great Planes you have 5 stars and chances of living are very little. And when you are in enemy territory you are at 2-4 stars depending on your personality.)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:27 am

I vote for option number one.
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 12:39 pm

the first one
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptyMon Sep 14, 2009 1:37 pm

The first one it is then! I'm glad to see everyone expects my RP to live a long time... -_-

Regardless the RP shall commence as soon as we get a few more people to sign-up. I will tweak the rules up as I go to better the RP. If there is something I may have not already covered please feel free to ask and I shall answer it to the best of my abilities.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:16 pm

*Happens to notice that nobody has discussed or seems to really care about the RP, more so to have joined it because of having nothing better to do*

Well I guess if nobody really cares enough to join/ask about/discuss the RP there really is no point in starting an RP. After all I can find better things to do with my time then entertain the rest of you with a cleverly thought out interactive story.. So just let me know now if you even care about this RP to keep me from wasting my time. ;)
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptyThu Sep 17, 2009 4:37 pm

Dam it we are waiting on you. I want this rp.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptySun Sep 20, 2009 9:30 pm

What's there to ask about or discuss? Apocalyptic RP is apocalyptic RP. Get on with it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptyMon Sep 21, 2009 7:54 pm

Name: Havoc

Ethnicity: Caucasian

Description: Psychopathic, Split Personality (one side is nice and fun to be with, the other is insane an enjoys killing for no reason), Enjoys the feeling of warm blood from a fallen enemy splashing upon his face.

Alliance: None

Brief Background: Always had problems with a split personality. At first it was minor but as he grew older the combination became more one sided and he soon went insane. Put into an Insane Asylum for the rest of his days until a nearby missile destroyed half of the building and he escaped severely scared.

Image:
The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) Havoc

Side Characters: none

Stats:

Strength: 10
Agility: 10
Endurance: 5
Will: 10
Luck: 0
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptyTue Sep 22, 2009 2:33 pm

Name: Michael Wilson

Ethnicity: Latino

Description: Slighly less well built than others, but he makes a good scout

Alliance: Mexico? America.

Brief Background: He lives the best he can with what he can do.

Image: Can't find any good ones

Your Stats:

Strength: 4
Agility: 4
Endurance: 4
Will: 5
Luck: 8

=30

Side Characters: 2(-10)

Tuesday Wilson, sister
Miguel Wilson, brother

Last edited by Pest02 on Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:11 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptyWed Sep 23, 2009 8:20 pm

I think some people are missing the part in the rules were it says you can only use up to 40 STAT POINTS and each side character costs 5 STAT POINTS EACH.. before we start some of you need to edit this.. And some of you have over 40 stats and then have side characters on top of that.. wtf..?
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 8:07 am

Havoc wrote:
I think some people are missing the part in the rules were it says you can only use up to 40 STAT POINTS and each side character costs 5 STAT POINTS EACH.. before we start some of you need to edit this.. And some of you have over 40 stats and then have side characters on top of that.. wtf..?

I didn't see the 40 stat thing. I'll drop 10.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptyThu Sep 24, 2009 2:29 pm

You mean two stat points right, because you said 2 not five.
Back to top Go down
mr dr sir man
Survivor

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 7:02 pm

* contemplates joining*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 7:05 pm

Contemplate all you want. This RP will never start.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptyTue Sep 29, 2009 8:05 pm

Wew?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) EmptyWed Oct 07, 2009 8:45 pm

Trigger wrote:
Contemplate all you want. This RP will never start.

ORLY FOOL!?

I always intended to start the RP but due to my lack of enteraction on Umbrella I sadly forgot about its existence until now when I remembered it. Grin
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)   The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Beginning of Hell (Sign-Up and Discussion)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next