Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

"Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)

Go down 
+4
fatalitywolf
Trig
Peng
Col Awesome
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

"Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) Empty
PostSubject: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 12:25 pm

Warhammer 40K RP. Named "Purgatory" for now, until something better comes up.

Sign-in sheet coming soon.

More importantly, though, would anyone join? I know Trigger's RP is probably more important to the members here.

Last edited by Albert Wesker on Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 12:45 pm

well, im looking to join an RP that i have an interest in, but idk what warhammer 40k is bout so idk if id be any good at that 1. so if you could enlighten me on what it's about it would do alot of help if i was to join the Rp
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 12:48 pm

Meh. I'll join it, if I can't think of how to continue my own rp. It was all written in my head but I misplaced it somewhere. I had some cool ideas.

BTW, what is Warhammer 40k? Details, cause I'm too lazy/internet too slow to find any.
Back to top Go down
Col Awesome
Survivor
Col Awesome

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 1:06 pm

http://warhammer40k.wikia.com/wiki/Warhammer_40k_Wiki

I cba to explain, Cus it'll take forever, So use dis Wiki and be Enlightened

Oh and i agree to this RP idea, Cus i I <3 Df (Replace DF with 40k)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 3:11 pm

I know nothing about Warhammer, but I once heard that there are chainsaw-swords.

Therefore, I'm in.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyTue Nov 24, 2009 8:39 pm

Warhammer 40K, from wiki:

Players can assemble and paint individual 28 mm (1.1 in) scale miniature figures that represent futuristic soldiers, creatures and vehicles of war. These figurines are collected to comprise squads in armies that can be pitted against those of other players. Each player brings a roughly equal complement of units to a tabletop battlefield with handmade or purchased terrain. The players then decide upon a scenario, ranging from simple skirmishes to complex battles involving defended objectives and reinforcements. The models are physically moved across the table and the actual distance between models plays a role in the outcome of combat. Play is turn based, with various outcomes determined by tables and the roll of dice. Battles may last anywhere from a half hour to several days, and battles may be strung together to form campaigns. Some game and hobby stores host games periodically, and official tournaments are held on a regular basis.

If you can make this an rp, good luck.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyWed Nov 25, 2009 12:09 am

Pest02 wrote:

Players can assemble and paint individual 28 mm (1.1 in) scale miniature figures that represent futuristic soldiers, creatures and vehicles of war. These figurines are collected to comprise squads in armies that can be pitted against those of other players. Each player brings a roughly equal complement of units to a tabletop battlefield with handmade or purchased terrain. The players then decide upon a scenario, ranging from simple skirmishes to complex battles involving defended objectives and reinforcements. The models are physically moved across the table and the actual distance between models plays a role in the outcome of combat. Play is turn based, with various outcomes determined by tables and the roll of dice. Battles may last anywhere from a half hour to several days, and battles may be strung together to form campaigns. Some game and hobby stores host games periodically, and official tournaments are held on a regular basis.

There are quite a few video games based off of Warhammer 40K. I own one of them, and I believe that I can make it into an RP..

Also, here's a breakdown of Warhammer 40K:

The Warhammer 40,000 game takes place in a science-fantasy universe. Set in the 41st millennium, most of the major storylines that provide the backdrop and history span over millennia.

Central to the Warhammer 40,000 universe are the Space Marines, giant, genetically-enhanced super-soldiers with world-destroying firepower and unswerving, fanatical loyalty to the Emperor of Mankind.

While Space Marines act as the special forces of the Imperium, the bulk of mankind's military power is found in the Imperial Guard, which consist of billions of regiments, each thousands of soldiers strong.

Their quintessential opposition is the Chaos Space Marines, who betrayed the Emperor during the Horus Heresy, led by Warmaster Horus (who was eventually killed by the Emperor).

Much of the Milky Way galaxy is controlled by the Imperium of Man, though it is not the only galactic power.

Other races include the Orks, a barbaric, humanoid, green-skinned, semi-fungoid race; the Eldar, survivors of an ancient fallen civilization reminiscent of classic fantasy Elves; the Tau, a young and technologically-sophisticated civilization of aliens that work for the "greater good" of their empire and its inhabitants; the Necrons, soulless, living-metal constructs tricked into slavery by space entities; and the Tyranids, an all-consuming, all-organic, bio-engineered, extragalactic hive-swarm.

Each of these races have playable armies. Other playable armies include the Witch Hunters and Daemonhunters, organizations within the Imperium, as well as the fallen Dark Eldar and the capricious Daemons of Chaos.[
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyThu Nov 26, 2009 11:25 pm

HOLYMOTHEROFGODYESYESYESYES

I literally posted this in a topic like 5 minutes ago.

I'd join. I'd join hard.

Things Wesker did not mention:

Though humans sound cool, we're effed beyond belief. The 2 most powerful races are Tyranids and Orcs because their numbers are limitless. Orcs are VERY unorganized. There may be 10 billion of them but they kill each other on a regular basis. 'Nids take control of other races and turn them into more 'nids. They're baddasses. Eldar are dying out as their race is only made up of females now.0

umm... some ideas:
Lets have races balanced somewhat like in tabletop or the computer games. The fluff kinda makes me pissed off at times. (Orcs beating the tau by stealing their armor, Necrons being nerfed to the point where Imp guard recruits use them as effing target practice)

will add more later when I'm back home.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 6:32 pm

Bump. Any progress on this or is it not going to happen?
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 7:14 pm

Well, you have to admit that noone seems to be able to compete with Trigger and his RP's.

Austin was going to have a superhero one, I tried a few, Jen has one. Jen is making a new one for some reason.

Eventually only Triggers seem to work.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 7:24 pm

The success of an RP depends almost entirely on the Author's will to keep it going. I can't say much for my last couple of RPs (I suspect SoS drained my enthusiasm), but I generally have a rather long attention span.

Last edited by Trigger on Wed Dec 02, 2009 7:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 7:39 pm

we could do it necromunda way

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Necromunda
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 9:03 pm

Pest02 wrote:
Well, you have to admit that noone seems to be able to compete with Trigger and his RP's.

Austin was going to have a superhero one, I tried a few, Jen has one. Jen is making a new one for some reason.

True. Though Wesker hasn't yet done one. Maybe his RP drive could end up rivaling Trigger's, you never know.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyWed Dec 02, 2009 9:19 pm

Penguin Hunter wrote:
Pest02 wrote:

True. Though Wesker hasn't yet done one. Maybe his RP drive could end up rivaling Trigger's, you never know.

*Plays Polymerization*

"Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) Dd_bea10

We have become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 1:25 pm

Penguin Hunter wrote:
Bump. Any progress on this or is it not going to happen?

Expect progress updates shortly.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyThu Dec 03, 2009 6:02 pm

Yay! =D
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:10 pm

Penguin, maybe you could help me. I started out, but I deleted it because it didn't seem to flow well.

I'm back to where I started, and would appreciate some assistance. Got an instant messenger?
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 4:42 pm

I have Yahoo messenger. It's listed in my profile.

Don't worry about getting it finished though, you have plenty of time. Konny and Trigger both have RPs going, so I'd work on it in really small amounts whenever inspiration hits you.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyMon Dec 07, 2009 5:10 pm

Alright. I had it in my mind that I should hurry up, but I guess that's not the case.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyMon Dec 14, 2009 9:13 pm

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!
SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 11:44 am

*Slices Pengy with a Chainsword*
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 3:18 pm

Albert Wesker wrote:
Pest02 wrote:

There are quite a few video games based off of Warhammer 40K. I own one of them, and I believe that I can make it into an RP..

Also, here's a breakdown of Warhammer 40K:

The Warhammer 40,000 game takes place in a science-fantasy universe. Set in the 41st millennium, most of the major storylines that provide the backdrop and history span over millennia.

Central to the Warhammer 40,000 universe are the Space Marines, giant, genetically-enhanced super-soldiers with world-destroying firepower and unswerving, fanatical loyalty to the Emperor of Mankind.

While Space Marines act as the special forces of the Imperium, the bulk of mankind's military power is found in the Imperial Guard, which consist of billions of regiments, each thousands of soldiers strong.

Their quintessential opposition is the Chaos Space Marines, who betrayed the Emperor during the Horus Heresy, led by Warmaster Horus (who was eventually killed by the Emperor).

Much of the Milky Way galaxy is controlled by the Imperium of Man, though it is not the only galactic power.

Other races include the Orks, a barbaric, humanoid, green-skinned, semi-fungoid race; the Eldar, survivors of an ancient fallen civilization reminiscent of classic fantasy Elves; the Tau, a young and technologically-sophisticated civilization of aliens that work for the "greater good" of their empire and its inhabitants; the Necrons, soulless, living-metal constructs tricked into slavery by space entities; and the Tyranids, an all-consuming, all-organic, bio-engineered, extragalactic hive-swarm.

Each of these races have playable armies. Other playable armies include the Witch Hunters and Daemonhunters, organizations within the Imperium, as well as the fallen Dark Eldar and the capricious Daemons of Chaos.[

what the space marines useally do is swoop down blow some shit up bugger off leaveing most heritic forces left then the imperial guard comes and pwns them in a grander epic way but alot of the time space marines fight there own campains which are far less the the guard do.

its kinda like getting 1000 sas guys and putting them against reg army which number in the millions yet the sas are better then they are in rl and are fucking superhumen in epic armour because the fucking pussys

when guard fight like real men mother russia style
Back to top Go down
Col Awesome
Survivor
Col Awesome

Number of posts : 38

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyTue Dec 15, 2009 3:23 pm

CHAOS FTW

THEY EAT BABIES AND SHIT DEAD PUPPIES
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 5:35 pm

"Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) 1261842698263
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) EmptyMon Dec 28, 2009 9:27 pm

That's supposed to make sense, but I don't understand why Obama is in a golden suit of armor.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)   "Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon) Empty

Back to top Go down

"Purgatory" Sign-in (Sheet coming soon)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next