Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Military Section Change

Go down 
+5
Demon Eyes Kyo
Uvana
HellBlaze
Pest02
W. Birkin
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

Military Section Change Empty
PostSubject: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:00 pm

So, I was looking over the clan's intro page and found myself looking at the Military Section.
I began to think on the prerequisites for joining the Military Section. As it stands right now,
one only has to be level 30 to become part of the U.B.C.S, we feel that level 30 shows a
player's dedication.

However....

Just because a player is level 30, doesn't mean that they're particularly useful in the Military
Sector. I've seen far too many level 30 players, and some even higher, who have spread
their stats entirely too thin. The extra levels are worthless if they're unable to actually fight.

So, I was speaking with Wesker the other day, and suggested to him, that on top of the
level 30 minimum, that players must also have at least 100 points in one weapon proficiency.
Now, I already know Pest02's opinion on the subject, he suggests that we make the minimum
85 points.

Personally, I don't think that 100 points by 30 is asking too much, since players can get level
100 in one proficiency by level 20, and by 30 they'll have 50 points in another skill of their
choice, so it's not as if there isn't room for flexibility.

So, today I also began speaking with Demon Eye's Kyo, that's the U.B.C.S Leader on DF,
for you guys who don't play or lurk the forums, and I told him what I'm telling you now.
He suggests we go a tad bit further, and enforce equipment standards. Citing that player's
should be chosen on equipment and build.

Whichever choice we go with, I feel that it's important that we make these changes now.
When the 3D update comes about and the release of the Clan System, we're going to
need the extra strength. As it is now, we've been able to avoid conflict because of
the game's limitations and sync issues, but I think this will be a lot harder in the time
to come.

If you guys have suggestions, I'd love to hear them.

Last edited by W.Birkin on Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:06 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:24 pm

This is all based on when I last played:

80 in a stat was the second highest weapon, if I remember correctly. 100 in a stat was the highest, but the highest weapon was often too expensive to afford, so some people refused to level that extra 20 points.
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 8:44 pm

I screwed my stats up a bit, but I foxed them because the problem was caught early. I would like you to look over my character and suggest what you think I need to be one of our best soldiers. That is one of the reasons I joined, to be one of the best UBCS soldiers on DF. But inform kyo that he should have a look at my stats or whatever needed and see if they are good enough.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:08 pm

Minimum of Level 30. Then the rest is dependent on the build and weaponry.

If it were my clan, it'd be even higher, probably around 40, as it's kinda hard to have a really good build at Level 30.

Anyways, you might have 80 in Shotguns and use a Protecta, and have a kickass build. I know that Sollie would use the Protecta to totally decimate GAU users all the time. And Protecta's a Level 80 Shotgun Weapon.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:39 pm

Strange, i cant add poll options
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:05 am

Edit main post, open "Options", make the poll through there.

I always accidently click "Go", and thought for the longest time that I couldn't make one... but then soon realized that you have to click Save/Post/Send or whatever it's called that you normally press when you post. x3
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 11:07 am

Yea, I've been trying that, it's still no good. It keeps giving me this "General Error"
and then it says that my poll information could not be obtained or something.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:04 pm

Oh weird o.o

Iono. XD
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:28 pm

That's odd....
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 8:15 pm

Yea iplan on remaking the whole Military Section's ranking system and possibly doing much need work on the Economic Section

The economi section above other needs alot of work
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 8:21 pm

There's a system here? We have most of our debate out in the open. Nothing is really hidden on the forum, as everyone basically trusts everyone else. Except Havoc and Annette.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 8:30 pm

no for DF ranking system
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 11:42 am

Ranks give people something to work towards. x3
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 1:45 pm

I'm inclined to agree with Jarki, but they're also kind of frivolous at the same time.
I mean, fuck. In the u.s army alone, a dog was given the rank of general. A DOG.

Most foot soldiers would be lucky to come out alive, much less get a promotion.
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:38 pm

Well the economic section DOES need a lot of work. I don't think anyone has actually brought in their weekly amount.....

And it does say this is a poll, but there is none.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:48 pm

people bring in items more than cash, and all of our item slots are full.
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:49 pm

ah. And I am aware of the many existing storage accounts....
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 6:02 pm

Jarki wrote:

I never found ranks good in any scenerio. In any online game I used to play, everyone chose to be their own one person army.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 6:06 pm

Bahaha, true true.

That's basically what I am. *asserts cockiness*
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 6:17 pm

They died horribly when the people who coordinated made a position and defended it well.

In WarRock, I had a 4 man team of our 8(8 on the other side as well).

There was a medic, an engineer, a soldier, and a sniper. I was the medic.

Well, we all got banned from the server for this, and I will explain exactly how.

I crouched down, the sniper jumped on me, and we both jumped together, launching the sniper onto a nearby jet. The engineer took off and flew as slow as he could, while the sniper shot people down by the dozens.

The soldier and I said a number and a time limit. ‘1 25’ meant Point 1, snipe for 25 seconds. It was a slaughter. Once the area was cleared the soldier and I moved in, going slowly. Normally I went first, as I was typically bait. The soldier was one of those knife people, and he was amazing with it.

The engineer was able to do incredible spins, and catch the sniper no matter how high he was. The guy was an admin or a mod of some sort, and he knew the exact angle of how to catch the sniper without hurting him. It was hilarious, how he would pull back, let the sniper free fall and shoot down two other jets that tried to kill him. He would catch the sniper, and things would continue as normal.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 6:26 pm

Damn, that sounds epic! XD
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 6:33 pm

I was the one with the least amount of kills in the group.

The fifth highest in the game. The engineer never died, but he did lose...if I remember right only a single plane. A lucky tank shot blew him up, but he jumped out into some water.

Yes, it is epic. It's number 2 on the list of my top 5 most epic moments.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 6:47 pm

>.>
<.<

Perhaps a topic about your 5 most epic moments should be made?
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 7:03 pm

If I may, I would contribute mine.

First Person Shooters are my lifesblood, and I've made quite a few of those..
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change EmptyFri Jan 15, 2010 3:04 am

Pest02 wrote:
Jarki wrote:

I never found ranks good in any scenerio. In any online game I used to play, everyone chose to be their own one person army.

on the contray i used to run one of the biggest clans on a game called Samurai Wars.

The ranking system is waht made me us so powerful. I updated it Daily and encouraged ranking with great rewards.

End result at one point i was leader of the 2nd strongest clan for about 3 months only lesser to one of the origional clans. Sadly my computer broke for 3 months and by the time i returned it was a mere fraction of it's former glory. My generals did what they could and the loyal stayed but without me and my leadership it basically died. i tried to recover it for a month but barely made it back to the top 20 clans

im so tired now so i havnt worked on the ranking system for umbrella yet. With all the stories i write and forum posting i do on DF i get so distracted....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Military Section Change   Military Section Change Empty

Back to top Go down

Military Section Change
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next