Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Purification.

Go down 
+8
Trig
Z 1
Konstantine
Wesker
Pest02
Peng
HellBlaze
Uvana
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptySun Jan 10, 2010 9:34 pm

Whoever's all time favorite MMO is Runescape, needs a life. Yes, I'm generalizing, but still.
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

Number of posts : 119

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 4:38 pm

Still have never played it. Can't get an untaken user name. But I get bored of things quick. It would probably lose my interest a month or two in.... Surprisingly I have yet to get completely bored of DF.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 6:17 pm

Runescape would probably entertain you for a month or so. Dead Frontier, despite having much less gameplay options/branches/whatever, seems to entertain me more than Runescape EVER did.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 6:36 pm

RS has depth and content, something Dead Frontier does not have and probably will never have.

RS has entertained me for about 4 years now. Anyone who's all-time favorite MMO is Runescape simply prefers depth and content over action. Much like someone who likes the Final Fantasy series more than the Halo series.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 6:56 pm

Penguin Hunter wrote:
RS has depth and content, something Dead Frontier does not have and probably will never have.

RS has entertained me for about 4 years now. Anyone who's all-time favorite MMO is Runescape simply prefers depth and content over action. Much like someone who likes the Final Fantasy series more than the Halo series.

Your explaination is thwarted by your reason.

If Dead Frontier was as old as Runescape, the two games would have similiar reviews.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 6:58 pm

But Dead Frontier isn't as old as Runescape, and Jarki was comparing present day DF to present day RS.

My point is that if mindless running and shooting the same 10 enemies appeals to you, than you're probably also the person who's favorite game series is halo. And vice verca with RS, which contains almost zero action but is heavy in content.

Also, RS is Java based. <3

Edit: Holy shit, 1000 posts. I've officially become a man.

Edit#2: I see your point there Pest, but I really don't care about that. Imo, pressing the special attack bar and turning on a prayer is enough control for me.

Last edited by Penguin Hunter on Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:11 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:08 pm

Some people enjoy having total control over their character. Telling your person to go attack something is fine, but I like actually pushing the button each time to attack.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 7:56 pm

There's other games which have more depth, more content, and are also free. And are generally the same theme. And have better graphics with low requirements.. and still lots of people who play them.

Hell, even WoW (though not free), would be a better choice than Runescape. WoW actually is good (I just don't like it).

You do realize that Dead Frontier is in it's beta, and Runescape has been fully released for... how long?

Dead Frontier is supposed to be more in depth, but it takes time to implement the futures. The only reason it was released so early, was because people were tired of waiting for release.

Also, it isn't that I like going out and killing things more than RPGs (even though that's true, some of my most favourite games.. are RPGs rather than shooters, etc.). It's just... I for some reason like it more x3
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 8:10 pm

WoW is fail. EverQuest for the win.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 8:18 pm

WoW is well done. It basically takes every concept from every game, and tries to merge them into one game. It's the players that ruin it, not the game itself.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 8:39 pm

It's the players that make the game. If enough players want an update, the creator either updates or loses members.

The last time I played Everquest, I met these other two guys and we created completely new characters together, monks, and swarmed over the countryside like a plague. Why? We could. They were pretty cool people.

My main, Tinie, was in the Council of the Ages. Wizard only, and you had to be highly recommended. I saved half a dozen lower level members. I retired at the level of 40, as an Elder, the second highest rank. It was neat. I had minions.
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

Number of posts : 119

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 8:39 pm

WoW was fun when I played on a hacked server at my friends house and he hacked it so that my starting guy was the max level and I could summon anything, including weapons and armor. And then we went around killing people. And I play the FF series. My favorite was FF7, but everyone I beat leaves an emptiness inside me like the game should of had a better ending or something......
But DF has somehow, even with its simple format, entertained me for some time. I am with Jarki on this.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 9:04 pm

Jarki wrote:
There's other games which have more depth, more content, and are also free. And are generally the same theme. And have better graphics with low requirements.. and still lots of people who play them.

Hell, even WoW (though not free), would be a better choice than Runescape. WoW actually is good (I just don't like it).

You do realize that Dead Frontier is in it's beta, and Runescape has been fully released for... how long?

Dead Frontier is supposed to be more in depth, but it takes time to implement the futures. The only reason it was released so early, was because people were tired of waiting for release.

Also, it isn't that I like going out and killing things more than RPGs (even though that's true, some of my most favourite games.. are RPGs rather than shooters, etc.). It's just... I for some reason like it more x3

...Name one?

Trigger, Z1, and I searched pretty hard for an alternate to RS for a while.
Well not to say I searched, as I was content with RS. But they searched.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:05 pm

Before I found Dead Frontier, I had played a bunch of them.

I can't remember any of the names, but I could probably easily find them again. Do I have to write a list like in the Metal thread? Or can we just skip the list part and me proving your wrong and laughing like an arrogant evil guy from a cheesy game, and then escaping in a helicopter where I throw explosive Clown Balloons at you.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:37 pm

I didn't even argue with the metal one, because while I could argue that I think 80% of those bands are crap to begin with, and just become slightly crappier live, music is solidly based on opinion. This is based slightly more on fact though.

The fact is, there really isn't a F2p mmo with more content and depth than RS. They're even in the Guinness Book of World Records for biggest f2p mmo or something like that. If you can't even remember the name of one of the many MMOs, than that just means it's forgettable and probably not very good.

So yeah. I don't think the part where you prove me wrong is going to happen this time. Not unless you pull up an amazing free mmo with more depth and content than Runescape.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:40 pm

Runescape is not deep.

I speak from experience.

"Hey, go kill this high-level thing and then I'll tell you something irrelevant!" Times over 9000.

I'll go get my list of Browser-Based games. One moment please.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:41 pm

Runescape is just the most known/accessible. And the reason I can't remember it is because I played them when I was what.. 12?

Brb.

(Also, I could argue that most of the bands you listen to are crap anyways, as well. So suck mah nose, bish)
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:48 pm

1: Free Realms

2: Ogame

3: Fallen Empire: Legions (A Browser based Sci-fi FPS)

4: Earth Eternal

5: Quake Live

There are many more, but I think I got my point across.

I suppose it's a personal opinion, though.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:50 pm

Albert Wesker wrote:
Runescape is not deep.

I speak from experience.

"Hey, go kill this high-level thing and then I'll tell you something irrelevant!" Times over 9000.

I'll go get my list of Browser-Based games. One moment please.

All MMOs work that way.
Tongue
At least RS has like 30 pointless skills.

Jarki wrote:
Runescape is just the most known/accessible. And the reason I can't remember it is because I played them when I was what.. 12?

Brb.

(Also, I could argue that most of the bands you listen to are crap anyways, as well. So suck mah nose, bish)

Could you really? You see very little hate for my favorite bands vs the nu-metal/metalcore scene.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:52 pm

* beside the ones I especially focus on, in terms of better.

Sword of the New World
Perfect World*
I could argue that Sheiya counts. XD
Dungeon Runners
Diablo, if you count No-Subscription games
Guild Wars, as well if you count No-Subscription games. Not as in depth, but definitely bettar. XD
Priston Tale*
Anarchy Online*

Umms.. yeah. x3

Penguin Hunter wrote:
Could you really? You see very little hate for my favorite bands vs the nu-metal/metalcore scene.

Because no one's even heard of your bands. Not to mention, everyone that hates on nu-metal/metalcore are butthurt metalfags who think that since they listen to Judas Priest, Megadeth, Black Sabbath, etc, and don't like the fact that Metal branches out away from what they like, they must now hate on everyone else.

I know for a fact that many metal bands that are so called "great", usually enjoy bands such as Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Killswitch Engage, BFMV, etc. They love what they're doing sound-wise. I think of all people to know what's good and bad metal, I think it'd be those that created it.

Last edited by Jarki on Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:55 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:55 pm

Albert Wesker wrote:
1: Free Realms

2: Ogame

3: Fallen Empire: Legions (A Browser based Sci-fi FPS)

4: Earth Eternal

5: Quake Live

There are many more, but I think I got my point across.

I suppose it's a personal opinion, though.

FPS's and stuff like that weren't really what we were looking for...
I really wish I could play Quake live though. Sadly my connection is too poor.

I have no idea @ the other ones. Never heard of them. I'm sure Trigger and Z at one point considered them though.

@ Jarki. You're just naming off random MMOs that I see ads for on Newgrounds. Go in-depth and list their features if you are really going to argue that they're better, and deeper than RS.

I someone doubt that though when you consider a full company is making RS vs the small teams that are working on these tiny MMOs.

The only MMO on the whole list I've heard good things about is Anarchy Online, btw.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:57 pm

Jarki wrote:
* beside the ones I especially focus on, in terms of better.

Sword of the New World
Perfect World*
I could argue that Sheiya counts. XD
Dungeon Runners
Diablo, if you count No-Subscription games
Guild Wars, as well if you count No-Subscription games. Not as in depth, but definitely bettar. XD
Priston Tale*
Anarchy Online*

Umms.. yeah. x3

Penguin Hunter wrote:

Because no one's even heard of your bands. Not to mention, everyone that hates on nu-metal/metalcore are butthurt metalfags who think that since they listen to Judas Priest, Megadeth, etc, and don't like the fact that Metal branches out away from what they like, they must now hate on everyone else.

We're talking about Browser-Based games, here, I think.

Also, I've heard of many of Penguin's artists, and must say that I approve.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:57 pm

Honestly, the only one I've seen in advertisement, is Sheiya online. XD

And, I think you're just too ignorant and stubborn to admit you're wrong. I don't think you're worth spending time I could be doing something else, just so I can prove that I'm right.

You're starting to sound like you have something shoved up your ass, your denial of everything.

Also, post edited to include what I thought about your metal.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 10:59 pm

Haet to double-post, but I think I'll do it anyways.

I don't even need to go into detail about anything. Look, you already know about Anarchy Online, I've ALREADY proven my point.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:01 pm

Jarki wrote:
And, I think you're just too ignorant and stubborn to admit you're wrong. I don't think you're worth spending time I could be doing something else, just so I can prove that I'm right.

You're starting to sound like you have something shoved up your ass, your denial of everything..

You've just described most of the human race. I've seen this behavior exhibited everywhere, by everyone, including yourself at times, Jarki.

It's something that's very hard to get rid of, because most people convince themselves that they're right.

Now, please take this argument elsewhere, because I've no desire to lock this thread.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Purification. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. Empty

Back to top Go down

Purification.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mad Science Forums :: Umbrella Waste Disposal :: Trash-
Jump to: