Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Purification.

Go down 
+8
Trig
Z 1
Konstantine
Wesker
Pest02
Peng
HellBlaze
Uvana
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

Purification. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:03 pm

I do admit that I'm like that as well, but I try not to explicitly hard, and if I know I'm right (basically factual information, etc), then is when I'm most stubborn.

The only reason I pointed it out in this thread, is because I see it exhibited whenever music or Runescape/MMOs are brought up.

EDIT: Instead of locking the thread, if it does indeed for some reason come to that, you could split the topic, putting the bad posts in one topic, leaving the others in this one, and then lock/delete the other one.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:04 pm

Jarki wrote:

Because no one's even heard of your bands. Not to mention, everyone that hates on nu-metal/metalcore are butthurt metalfags who think that since they listen to Judas Priest, Megadeth, Black Sabbath, etc, and don't like the fact that Metal branches out away from what they like, they must now hate on everyone else.

I know for a fact that many metal bands that are so called "great", usually enjoy bands such as Disturbed, Avenged Sevenfold, Killswitch Engage, BFMV, etc. They love what they're doing sound-wise. I think of all people to know what's good and bad metal, I think it'd be those that created it.

The bands I listed aren't obscure. At all.

It's a well known fact that anyone who says "butthurt metalfags" says it because they're butthurt after someone told them that their favorite bands suck.

Most -core musicians are incredibly untalented. Super awesome musician Dave Mustaine has expressed his feelings on this matter before.

The thing you said about metal fans not liking the way metal is branching out is hilariously wrong. Do you really think people would listen to death, black, sludge, ect if that were true? Metalcore and nu metal did very little branching out, and now are hardly moving at all. It's all the same generic shit.

I'd also like to add in the fact that -core is the only music genre I've ever seen where people grow out of liking it. Even Havoc says he now hates slipknot and all those bands that he used to like.

Just for the record, I'd rather not be arguing at all. I'm not even sure how me defending RS turned into this.
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Badass
Badass
Konstantine

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:07 pm

One more post off topic and I swear to God, I'm pulling this car over.

*Glares at the kids fighting in the backseat*

DO YOU THINK I'M JOKING?!
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:09 pm

Jarki wrote:
Haet to double-post, but I think I'll do it anyways.

I don't even need to go into detail about anything. Look, you already know about Anarchy Online, I've ALREADY proven my point.

Not really. My point was that I think RS is the best free browser mmo around.
You're point is that there are better ones. You gave me a list of names, with only one of those names being recognizable to me.

If you're really stressing that X is better than RS, you should probably at least include the good points of the game.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:09 pm

Konstantine wrote:
One more post off topic and I swear to God, I'm pulling this car over.

*Glares at the kids fighting in the backseat*

DO YOU THINK I'M JOKING?!

MY POST DOESN'T COUNT I WAS TOTALLY DONE WRITING IT BEFORE YOU POSTED
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:12 pm

Perhaps, if people just realized that we all have different opinions, along with the right to have said opinions, then we could all get along slightly better.

Pointing it out is one thing. Insulting the party in question is completely different.

Jarki wrote:
Instead of locking the thread, if it does indeed for some reason come to that, you could split the topic, putting the bad posts in one topic, leaving the others in this one, and then lock/delete the other one.

I realized this shortly after my last post. Thank you, though.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:13 pm

This thread is unclean.

In the name of the emperor, it will be purified.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:16 pm

Yay for moving our pointless arguments instead of just deleting them!
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Badass
Badass
Konstantine

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:17 pm

*Runs in thread*

Urban Dead is the best!

*runs away*
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:18 pm

Penguin Hunter wrote:
Yay for moving our pointless arguments instead of just deleting them!

Whatchu talkin' 'bout, Willis?

Meh.. I didn't feel like deleting 3 pages worth of posts individually.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:19 pm

Konstantine wrote:
*Runs in thread*

Urban Dead is the best!

*runs away*

Like I said before, an Urban Dead clone with far more crap would be the mmo to end all mmos for me.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:22 pm

Purification. - Page 2 Slender_Man_by_Gaara_Monster

Penguin, I thought you would appreciate this.

Found it.... Somewhere in the darkest depths of my pictures folder.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:22 pm

Again Peng, if you are kicked out of a band full of drunks and dopers for being too drunk, you are a drunk.

And Anarchy online is okay, its just really easy to enjoy the intro part, then not have a clue where you are after that.

Runescape is okay, but its just a over hyped java game with 7 year old running around with last tier armor.

*Goes back to the kingdom of WoW in the sky with a mix of ManOwaR and Metllaica*
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:25 pm

Oh shit, porkchop sandwiches! Get the fuck out!
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:27 pm

Albert Wesker wrote:
Purification. - Page 2 Slender_Man_by_Gaara_Monster

Penguin, I thought you would appreciate this.

Found it.... Somewhere in the darkest depths of my pictures folder.

Nice! Lol, first slenderman comedy-picture-thing I've seen. =D

@Z: It's not Dave Mustaine's fault that Metallica were lightweights!
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 11, 2010 11:30 pm

I can't remember what bands you listed in that thread, Pengy, but I know for sure that ones you have in the past were as I described.

And as I said, I'm not going to stress a point in which I've realized you wouldn't listen to, regardless of whether I was right or wrong.

Albert Wesker wrote:
Pointing it out is one thing. Insulting the party in question is completely different.

Not insulting if you point out a quality shown in all humans, but just more dominant in a specific one. x3

Also, metalfags wasn't referring to Pengy.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 1:48 am

Being the sexy purple nonconformist that I am, I doubt that anyone else will share the same opinions that I'm about to express. Nonetheless, I will state them for the record.

When I try out an MMO to see if I like it, I base my judgment on eight factors.

1. Is it anime-based? All of my thoughts when reading, writing, and daydreaming, occur in the style of anime. Therefore, I naturally like my MMOs to follow suit. If they're chibi, then they get bonus points. Unfortunately, RS fails in this department.

2. Will lag be a hindrance? I possess the slowest internet connection in the known multiverse. Therefore, I suck at games like Guild Wars, where you have to actually know what's going on, and respond to the situation in a timely manner. In GW, lag often leads to death. Runescape succeeds here. Lag is almost never fatal.

3. What is valued more? Grinding, or skill? If the answer is grinding, then the game scores major points. Once again, lag plays a factor, subtracting points from games that require skill. I prefer an MMO where a guy at level 100 will almost always be better than a guy at level 95. The max level must also take half a decade to achieve. Runescape succeeds here. This is also the main reason I dislike GW. Glory to us no-lifers.

4. PvP? I hate it. I would prefer that it not exist. Partially because lag results in my ass getting beat, and partially because every argument turns into a dick-measuring contest. Oh yeah? I bet I could kick your ass in PvP! RS has PvP, but lag is never a factor. Regardless, I usually choose to avoid it, unless Pengy or Syn feel like going to Castle Wars.

5. Does it resemble an old-fashioned platform game? There's nothing I enjoy more than jumping over obstacles, and through mazes and stuff! Runescape fails here, because you have to click on objects to jump on/at/over them. And most things can't be jumped on.

6. Is there an unlimited-play-time free version of the MMO? If the answer is yes, then it scores points. It doesn't matter how small or crappy it is. If WoW had one tiny little forest area where you could run around and slay pigs forever until you decided to man-up and buy a subscription, then it would score far more points in my book than it does at the moment. Runescape succeeds here. GW is an odd duck, requiring the purchase of the game-disk, but no monthly charge. This is acceptable.

7. Do the real-cash items affect gameplay at all? Ideally, all real-cash-items would be purely cosmetic. Temporary exp boosts are also acceptable, as long as they're pricey. Any cash-shop-only weapons or equipment with stats BETTER than the endgame equipment results in raeg-haet. Runescape has no cash-items, so it does not apply to this rule. This rule happens to be why I can no longer enjoy WYD.

8. Can you change your name? Yes please. I'm very fickle.

Things I personally do not care about =
1. Quests.
2. Story.
3. Depth.
4. Graphics.
5. Community.

Using my own personal scoring system as listed above, Runescape rates fairly high. However, it does miss a couple of the marks.

In the end, I've only witnessed one MMO that fits every category. Unfortunately, most people hate it. I however, love it with a passion.

Maplestory.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 2:09 am

Maplestory isn't absolutely horrible.

Matter of fact, I feel the strange urge to play it every now and again..

But I'm at a strange level... Killing the closest creatures to my level grants me something like .1% exp.

I am VERY distraught.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 2:29 am

Play it with me and Havoc sometime. We'll show you the good places. Cheesy

But uh, I can't play it until the 25th. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:08 am

In my opinion, it's really hard to find a really good game without paying. Most of the ones I played suck now, or are stupid fps'. Besides, I just prefere console games for all my entertainment needs.
Back to top Go down
Claude01
Lab Assistant
Claude01

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:36 am

I like FPS'sssssssss

in short, I'm a testosterone-filled-trigger-happy maniac

just remember to not waste your life spending hours in trying to fucking level-up some char. in an mmorpg.

I hate mmorpgs
every time I give it a chance
it always makes me lose my interest
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 12:47 pm

hmm i like fps mmo's

they can be quite fun

they are just like normal mmos like wow but its like an fps so u can kill stuff in less time
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 12, 2010 7:29 pm

WarRock was a good game.
Back to top Go down
Claude01
Lab Assistant
Claude01

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:11 am

it WAS

the only thing that I liked about it is the availability of using vehicles
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 13, 2010 5:35 pm

I have yet to find an fps mmo online for free. There are a few, but then I have to find a mac version.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Purification.   Purification. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Purification.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mad Science Forums :: Umbrella Waste Disposal :: Trash-
Jump to: