Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Music Debates

Go down 
+9
Wesker
Austin Powers
Imp
Buckaroo Banzai
fatalitywolf
Trig
Lightning
Konstantine
Demon Eyes Kyo
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

Music Debates - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 6:34 pm

Yeah, I generally dislike the new styles of music out there as well.
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 7:42 pm

Now kyo, you mean the 'late' 90's right? cause early 90's was MC Hammer.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:11 pm

MC Hammer was revolutiona-

*is shot*
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:27 pm

Rap stands for Retards Attempting Poetry, and in 85% of cases, it's true.

5% of rap just plain sucks.

Therefore, I hate 90% of rap.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 4:18 am

no i mean the whole 90's was great. Bands are singing without screaming in microphones like they just stubbed their toe, it brought around college rock, and the alternative rock phase bloomed where bands didn't sound like they came off an assembly line.

Rap is a very touchy area. I prefer underground rap like tech n8ne, kottonmouth kings, and the old 3-6 mafia. The 90's holds some of the greatest rap. In the 2000's though rap took a tun for the worst. "Club" rap became the new craze starting around 2004.

This is basically all the rap you hear on the radio these day. Where basically the next rapper starts to sounds like the last one. Hell most of these rappers (Gucci Mane) sound like they took the beats from another song and slowed it down or sped it up. Which is why i stick to underground rap. The ones who dont got a huge label controlling their careers and music such as Lil Wayne, Akon, Usher, Lil Jon, and Gucci Mane. Those 4 you could take at least 2 songs from each and put them side by side and they'd sound 85% alike.

Which is where underground comes in. They dont use mainstream beats, they make their own origional sounds not "whats hot." Only mainstream rappers i'll listen to are ones who've been around for at least 5-10 years that created music befor "club rap" got big such as Twista, Dr.Dre, NAS, and Bonecrusher.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:20 pm

Labels don't always control your sound. Some, like Fueled By Ramen (don't care if you don't like any of their bands, it's an example), bring you on board because of your sound, and then help guide you in whatever direction you want to take. If you get TOO extreme of a change (rock to rap, rap to country, whatever) they'd probably dump you off, iono it's never happened before there, but they don't forge the way for you.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 8:43 pm

Just saying if your a new young rapper and you get signed on to a big record company here's the first thing they are gonna tell you. "Listen to our man Mad Beat Max, he'll set you up witht he right sound to get you #1 on the charts" and if they are complete morons "This here's your songwriter Rad Rhymeing Ryan, if you can sing it you'll be number ONE!!" A thus more "club rap" is born. Labels are the ammunition and rappers are the gun. If your barrel can't handle what their using, your nothing but scrap metal to them, which is why theres so many sellouts.

No one cares about the music anymore on the radio it's all "Who's song got higher ratings" which is why i like underground. They dont give a flying fuck what the mainstream rappers are doing. They create their own music for their fans they gain. They do it for the music, and if they can pay the bills by selling some cd's thats all the better for them. 3-6 Mafia used to be like that, but on their last two cd's they sold out big time to the media with songs like "lolli-lolli"
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 8:57 pm

Alright, you have a point. For those starting out, they usually do do crap like that, and it usually rubs off on them, making them produce that music in the future.

But, just saying, it isn't always true.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 8:39 pm

I've never found any rap I've really liked.

Besides of course Vanilla Ice's hit single, Ice Ice Baby, and Mike Patton's white-ass rap parts in some of his stuff.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 9:44 pm

Flobots - Handlebars.

You don't like that one, Penguin?
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Number of posts : 92

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 11:22 pm

Why is no one talking about Journey / Queen? And why oh why is Queen winning?

Journey is the bomb.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptyThu Feb 04, 2010 11:36 pm

Albert Wesker wrote:
Flobots - Handlebars.

You don't like that one, Penguin?

I'm not sure, as I've never heard it. I'll look it up the next time I go to Youtube.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 1:11 am

WHY IS NOONE DISCUSSING SOUNDGARDEN AND ALICE IN CHAINS!?
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 6:21 am

cause they suck but soundgarden has a few songs

Handlebars is a great song i knw all the lyrics,but thn again who doesnt:P
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 6:45 am

Alice In Chains = fucking amazing

Soundgarden = fucking amazing

Um... if you put one over the other and raise soundgarden to the power of 6 to get an equal base..

THEYRE BOTH FUCKING AWESOME
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 7:00 am

^^^ is very wrong

Alice Cooper and Rob Zombie eat the flesh of both those bands and crap out amazing music.

You just cant beat "feed my frankenstien" and "Superbeast"
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 7:28 am

Dood... Alice Cooper is 70s. Rob Zombie is a one album guy. And White Zombie was... two albums? Not made, but rather that anyone actually cared about, albums-wise. And even then, they still aren't/weren't really anything big. That would be like me saying that Avenged Sevenfold is the best name in metal/rock (that's encompassing ALL metal). I absolutely love them, but I can easily admit that it isn't so. They're nobodies when it comes to the music industry.

We're talking 90s, and one versus the other. Follow your own rules, nub.

Alice In Chains and Soundgarden were the only grunge bands I've actually liked (that I can think of). I hated Nirvana and Pearl Jam and others, especially Nirvana.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 7:39 am

O_o hate... NIRVANA!!! Jarki you have no soul Music Debates - Page 3 567594
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 8:14 am

And he has no voice. And their music makes me feel carsick. And I can't concentrate on the lyrics, because I'm too busy getting headaches and queasy and wishing I was listening to something else.

I just simply don't like them. o.o
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 12:15 pm

The Offspring.

/thread.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 12:35 pm

the offspring were good but WAY too overplayed so i lost interestin them. They remind me of Green Day, the old green day, too band they are all war propaganda now
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 12:38 pm

Ya, I don't like the new Offspring CD.. (Rise and fall, rage and grace or something like that)

Older ones are better.

I'm still a fan of them when they were awesome though.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 1:52 pm

I love the Offspring. XD
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 2:22 pm

Alice in Chains and Soundgarden were both amazing bands. The only bad thing that they ever did was influence a lot of shitty bands that tried to copy their sound.

As to Nirvana and Pearl Jam, they're both OK too. I like Pearl Jam a lot more than Nirvana, I really don't care about Nirvana all that much. Pearl Jam's Ten is a really good album, I haven't really gotten into any of their other stuff though.

Regarding Alice Cooper and Rob Zombie...
Alice Cooper is cool, but he's a greatest hits album kind of guy. Where he has some damn good songs...and than a lot of mediocre filler on most of his albums. That's not really a bad thing though.

Rob Zombie just sucks pretty hard. I'd say he should go back to directing horror movies but he sucks at that too. Tongue
To be fair, The Devil's Rejects was pretty good...

Anyway, if I were to rank the Big 4 of Grunge:
Soundgarden > Alice in Chains > Pearl Jam > Nirvana
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 EmptySat Feb 06, 2010 5:53 pm

Fun Fact: The group founder of Powerman 5000, one of my favorite Metal bands, is Rob Zombie's younger brother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Music Debates   Music Debates - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Music Debates
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next