Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Thrown into the snow: Discussion

Go down 
+9
Tool
Warhero30
Adalinda
Creeping_Shadow
Peng
Havoc
Untersturmführer Alvarez
Austin Powers
Z 1
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

Thrown into the snow: Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 6:37 pm

Alright, just about everyone already knows what's going down. We're gonna have us a nice little RP, but this time, it's not just a solo project. Everyone will be involved.

However, because everyone is involved, that means we need to agree on a bunch of things. This is what we've figured out so far, but everything is still subject to change.

Frogs, Dogs and Wolves.
Spoiler:

Magic
Spoiler:

- It will be medieval.

- There will be muskets and other primitive single-shot guns.

- Magic will pretty much be combat-only. We want everyone to have a role, so this means no summoning food, magically unlocking stuff, or anything that might overshadow the other players. Think bending from that Avatar show.

- You have nearly complete control of combat, barring any special circumstances the GM may throw at you. Your health and magic will not be monitored either. This effectively makes you invincible, but hey, this is an RP. Play along. Try not to dodge EVERYTHING. As such, your equipment doesn't really matter, so just go with whatever you like best.

- We will have to stick together, or only separate for short periods of time. The reason why will be worked into the story. No purely solo acts allowed.

- Everyone will have a primary and secondary combat talent. The secondary will be less prominent; stuff like knife-throwing skills, or dual wielding. You can be a magician and have a sword, but you better not be very very good with it, capiche? Roles are important. Also, a list of skills (lock-picking, potion-making, etc) will be provided, and everyone will pick a small number of them. It will be assumed that you aren't very great with the skills you don't select.

Last but not least, the RP will probably take place on a thin-but-long continent (Or a series of smaller continents lined fairly vertically). This will give us a wide variety of climates to explore without too much boring travelling. However, it will be wide enough for us to have options. We won't usually be forced to take a certain path just because there's not enough room to go around. And there's always travel by boat.

The map will be separated into regions, and everyone who wants will be given a region to control. When the party is in your region, you have control of almost everything that goes on; enemy attacks, plots, quests, etc. Before the RP begins, we will gather on Xat Doodle, and roughly decide the shape of the continent(s), the regions within, the climates, and who will control which one. After that, I will draw a larger version on Paint that looks as much like the Xat drawing as possible. Everyone will be given a copy, and will then be told to fill in their region with whatever they want, taking the climate into consideration (No huge forests in the desert region, etc etc.) You can make towns and stuff, and will be able to control the NPCs within. Remember that the entire area is one country, so no controlling the king, or other figures relevant to the entire map, even if he's in your region. Try not to be a hog; make sure events flow quickly enough for us not to be in one place for too long. Everyone gets a turn. Much of your region will be extra flavor, full of places we might not necessarily visit, but will still be important.

Meanwhile, there will be a Master GM (Probably me because I'm the coolest) who will shut up for the most part outside his region, but will have creative control over matters relating to the plot as a whole. That means that even if we're in your region, the GM can do stuff like have us attacked by "mysterious strangers from a foreign land" or bent over and raped by the king's men. However, this won't happen TOO much, and the current Regional GM will probably have already been informed of any impending plot-relevant interruptions. Also, the Master GM's region will be the final one visited, and will probably be where the capitol city is.

*Phew*

Alright guys, I need everyone who is going to want a region to speak up now so we'll know who all has to be present at the map-drawing.

And if you have any more suggestions toward the betterment of the RP, PLEASE speak up.

Also, I call the northernmost snowy climate, so if anyone else has any ambitions of a cold nature, you get the region just south of me. You can has snow too!

Skills

Lock-Picking
Stealth
Horseback-Riding
Potioncraft
Bilingual
Cooking
Foraging
Craftsmanship
Fishing
Boating
First-Aid
Equipment-Repair
Weaponcraft
Armorcraft
Fletching
Firecraft

Regional GMs

Trigger
Havoc
Penguin
Z
Austin
Wesker

Last edited by Trigger on Sun Feb 20, 2011 3:39 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 7:09 pm

I'd like to GM a region, and if there's anything else I can contribute in terms of plot or writing or anything I'd be happy to help.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:52 pm

I will take dibs on an island chain for now.
Back to top Go down
Havoc
Tragically Insane
Havoc

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptySat Feb 19, 2011 11:59 pm

I'd like a dessert region.. Also I'll help building the plot in any way possible. ^-^
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 12:01 am

H. wrote:
I'd like a dessert region..

I'LL TAKE A BANANA SPLIT!

Also, if I could get some sort of bustling fantasy-metropolis, that'd be awesome.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 12:02 am

H. wrote:
I'd like a dessert region.. Also I'll help building the plot in any way possible. ^-^

This should help you build your region

Thrown into the snow: Discussion Candy-10

*Giggles like a madman*

Edit = Dammit, Wesker got there first.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 6:22 am

Damn Candyland. The molasses monster really fucked with my head as a child. I had a nightmare about him once.
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 8:40 am

I'm in.

EDIT: I'll help GM if you've got room.

Last edited by Austin Powers on Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 1:11 pm

I'd try, but I can only get on on the weekends. Damnit.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptySun Feb 20, 2011 3:38 pm

The first post now has a list of all the skills we've thought up so far, and everyone who has stated that they want a region.

Edit - Six is quite a few regions. It might be time to stop accepting new ones.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 1:40 pm

We have a map.

Now we just need to name all the towns, maybe pretty it up a bit, and perhaps add a few multi-region rivers and stuff.

Thrown into the snow: Discussion Mappy
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 5:10 pm

I shall be missing tonight, but upon my return, we'll be all but ready to begin.
Back to top Go down
Untersturmführer Alvarez
Swag on Deck
Swag on Deck
Untersturmführer Alvarez

Number of posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:08 pm

Can I join in on this?
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptyFri Feb 25, 2011 8:13 pm

Grand Admiral Awe wrote:
Can I join in on this?

Yes. It is not too late to sign up with a character, it is only too late if you want to GM.
Back to top Go down
Untersturmführer Alvarez
Swag on Deck
Swag on Deck
Untersturmführer Alvarez

Number of posts : 59

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 12:06 pm

No way ANYONE is reading all of that.
Back to top Go down
Warhero30
Survivor
Warhero30

Number of posts : 37

Character Sheet
Name: Odin
Weapons: .50 Taurus Raging Bull, Shoulder Harness Knife, Weighted Throwing Knife, Dual Concealed .22 Pistols, Garrote Wire
Items: Spare Ammo, Zippo,Ciggerettes

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 12:26 pm

I did
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 2:48 pm

Grand Admiral Awe wrote:

This is probably not for you then.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 3:48 pm

Grand Admiral Awe wrote:

Sorry friend, but this is as short as it gets.

https://umbrellacorporation.forumotion.net/t76p585-sword-of-sacrifice
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 7:55 pm

Triggitius wrote:
Sorry friend, but this is as short as it gets.

https://umbrellacorporation.forumotion.net/t76p585-sword-of-sacrifice

My post right below that one still makes me laugh.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptyThu Mar 17, 2011 7:57 pm

It is quite lolworthy, though I was pointing at the two-post battle halfway down the page Cheesy
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptyFri Mar 18, 2011 7:29 pm

Information on magic -

Pyromancers - Can control fire. 100% chance of inheriting Pyromancy from a Pyromancer parent, but only the eldest child can gain the ability. Pyromancers are extremely rare because of this.

Aeromancers - Can control wind. Extremely low chance of inheriting Aeromancy from an Aeromancer parent. Aeromancers are extremely rare because of this.

Geomancers - Can control earth. 50% chance of inheriting Geomancy from a Geomancer parent. That chance doubles to 100% if both parents were Geomancers. Geomancers are kept in captivity, and bred for war by various governments. There are several hundred of them.

Aquamancers - Can control water and breathe in it. 50% chance of inheriting Aquamancy from an Aquamancer parent. That chance increases to 100% if both parents were Aquamancers. Half-blood Aquamancers are weaker, but can also breathe air and walk on the surface. Full-blood Aquamancers are stronger, but cannot leave the water until they are powerful enough to cast spells of preservation. Full-blood aquamancers are rare. Half-blood Aquamancers are kept in captivity and bred for war by various governments. There are several hundred of them.

Vitalmancers - Can control the human body. 10% chance of inheriting Vitalmancy from a Vitalmancer parent. If both parents were Vitalmancers, the fetus almost always dies in the womb. Such pregnancies are illegal, and carry the death penalty. Vitalmancy is by far the slowest form of magic, making it ill-fit for combat, despite the potential it has for destruction. Vitalmancers almost always serve as field surgeons, where they mend damaged organs and flesh. They are kept in captivity and bred by various governments, however they are much more difficult to breed. There are only about a hundred Vitalmancers. It is suspected that if a Full-Blood Vitalmancer survived to be born, it would be extremely powerful.

Ezermancers - Can increase levels of toxicity in matter. Ezermancers are very rare, and it is unknown what the exact likelihood of inheriting the ability is. However, it is definitely genetic. The most potent toxins in the world come from Ezermancers. The only known Ezermancers are those of the Aederummni.

Thundermancers - Could control lightning. They were extremely powerful, and were hunted to extinction several thousand years ago. Their genetics remain unknown.

Floramancers - Can control plants, and despite the name, also control meeker animals. All Full-Blooded elves are floramancers, making them the most common type of magician. Anyone with any trace of Elven blood has a chance to inherit the ability, but the likelihood drops sharply as the generations diverge.

Psychomancers - Can communicate with the dead, and in more advanced cases, tamper with the minds of others. This is one of the two non-genetic forms of magic. One must be possessed by a ghost in order to have the basic ability to communicate with the dead. It is unknown how more advanced cases come about. Psychomancers are extremely rare.

Glassmancers - Could divine the future, to an extent. Now extinct. They are one of the two non-genetic forms of magic. The knowledge of how to create more exists, but is a closely guarded secret.

There are other cases and forms of magic, but are not important at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 6:45 am

Our currency is called "bolce." Bolce are nickel-sized silver coins that bear the likeness of emperor Acernox on one side, and and Three Lances on the reverse. Smaller copper coins called "bits" are also used. Nobles tend to deal in straight gold bars. Platinum is a rarity, held mostly by them greedy dwarves.

Random trivia = the currency in SoS was called "bolsa."
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:41 am

Ah....you could cut the tension in the bar with a knife.

I posted a lot of plans in SoS, so I guess I'll do the same here.

* Seduce guard captain (Check)
* Read old books, hopefully find location to hidden treasure. Or sell the books
* Find out who the fire mage is
* Sell fire mage into slavery to pay off debts

Sorry Trigger, I owe money to the wrong people and your pale scrawny body is going to look good in prison.
Back to top Go down
Warhero30
Survivor
Warhero30

Number of posts : 37

Character Sheet
Name: Odin
Weapons: .50 Taurus Raging Bull, Shoulder Harness Knife, Weighted Throwing Knife, Dual Concealed .22 Pistols, Garrote Wire
Items: Spare Ammo, Zippo,Ciggerettes

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 9:45 am

My plan of action. Find someone interesting and either join them or take their skull as a trophy.
Or if a bar fight breaks out use it as an oppotunity to kill the guard captain for fun.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion EmptySun Mar 20, 2011 10:03 am

Calum: Warhero30 wrote:
Or if a bar fight breaks out use it as an oppotunity to kill the guard captain for fun.

D:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Thrown into the snow: Discussion
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next