Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Thrown into the snow: Discussion

Go down 
+9
Tool
Warhero30
Adalinda
Creeping_Shadow
Peng
Havoc
Untersturmführer Alvarez
Austin Powers
Z 1
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Warhero30
Survivor
Warhero30

Number of posts : 37

Character Sheet
Name: Odin
Weapons: .50 Taurus Raging Bull, Shoulder Harness Knife, Weighted Throwing Knife, Dual Concealed .22 Pistols, Garrote Wire
Items: Spare Ammo, Zippo,Ciggerettes

Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 10:08 am

Didn't Pest go out of the city?
Also i've just thrown in some classic powerful sword thing to explain why I didn't melt.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 10:54 am

I would play if my character wasn't so damned weak compared to you guys..!
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 12:46 pm

You're allowed to change everything about your character until chapter one begins.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 28, 2011 7:45 pm

Triggitius wrote:
We'll say Pest was in one of the few buildings that didn't just get melted. Cheesy

I'm in the forest making out with a snake lady. I'll.....post something about how I survived.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 2:13 am

Remember Pest, If you try to leave the group after chapter 1, something will find and kill you. Cheesy

Hell, it might find and kill you even if you stay in the group.
Back to top Go down
Warhero30
Survivor
Warhero30

Number of posts : 37

Character Sheet
Name: Odin
Weapons: .50 Taurus Raging Bull, Shoulder Harness Knife, Weighted Throwing Knife, Dual Concealed .22 Pistols, Garrote Wire
Items: Spare Ammo, Zippo,Ciggerettes

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 9:51 am

So what trigger is saying is next time have the lesbianism where Cassuner can watch Cheesy
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 29, 2011 7:42 pm

Calum: Warhero30 wrote:
So what trigger is saying is next time have the lesbianism where Cassuner can watch Cheesy

ROGER. THAT.
Back to top Go down
Creeping_Shadow
Survivor
Creeping_Shadow

Number of posts : 3

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons:
Items:

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 3:29 am

Hello everyone who has not heard of me yet. i have recently joined the forum and look forward to joining your RP, if of course, you are all willing. I am not a newcomer to roleplay of this style, and i am also a writer so hopefully i wont slow you guys down much if i join up.
I have read every word you have all written in the "Thrown into the snow" thread. i must say, for a time i feared i was reading a plot-less mess haha. Things seem to be unfolding now though.
Would anyone mind me getting in on the fun? I am a bit like wesker, i tend to make weak characters out of a believe that strong characterization comes from flaws and obstacles both mental and physical. ill adapt to keep up though Cheesy
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 31, 2011 7:41 am

Heh. Chapter zero was sort of the magicians' chances to "Spread their wings" so to speak, because they'll be weaker from chapter one onward (IE no summons or massive-area spells, but they can still wipe individuals out rather easily.) They'll be over-powered again toward the end though, but the enemies will be far worse. I shan't be forgetting about the more mundane characters, however. Just keep in mind this isn't a down-to-earth sort of medieval RP. From the very beginning, we all decided we'd be playing "legendary" characters. This is less about maneuver, tactics, and preparation, and more about riding your thunder-horse into Mordor whilst swinging two battle-axes made out of fire and lost souls. Tongue

It's also RP tradition to get into a ridiculous barfight in the first town, and I really wanted to go over the top with it, but I didn't want it to be part of the story's canon. Hence, conveniently located dream sequence full of crazy shit! Cheesy

My next RP, however, will be a lot more "real," but that won't be for awhile. I'm also saving my best tricks for that one.

You're free to join in, but you just missed being able to start in the meadow with the rest of us. We'll soon be kicking off on our grand quest, and you're more than welcome to stumble across and join our merry band. Just drop your character application off right here, https://umbrellacorporation.forumotion.net/t1886p15-thrown-into-the-snow-sign-in , hope to see your around.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 02, 2011 6:17 am

EIGHT IS MY LUCKY NUMBER. JUST WATCH, CRAZY AND EPIC SHIT IS ABOUT TO GO DOWN. TITS MIGHT EVEN BE INVOLVED. I AM NOT BEYOND THROWING SEXY FEMALES INTO PLOT GAPS IN ORDER TO CIRCUMVENT THEM (NOT THAT I'M STRUGGLING AT ALL. THE SKELETON OF THE RP IS ENCASED IN CONRETE, THOUGH THE PARTICULARS ARE VERY SUCCEPT TO CHANGE.)

ALSO, I'D LIKE TO POINT OUT THAT "THROWN INTO THE SNOW" IS OFFICIALLY MORE SUCCESSFUL THAN 95% OF ALL RPS.

THAT'S RIGHT, NIGGERS. I CLAIM VICTORIES WHERE I CAN GET THEM. THE RP COULD CLOSE RIGHT DAMN NOW, AND I COULD RETIRE IN SUCCESS.

BUT NO. I WILL BE FUCKING PISSED IF TItS ENDS BEFORE PAGE 48.

TA~

*IS DRUNK AS FUCK. 23 SHOTS. FO SRS.*

EDIT - 26

EDIT2 - 28
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 5:44 am

Roleplay combat soundtrack!

Because I have one for every RP.

Fight For Glory!! (Normal Battle) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw0l1R-TVM4&feature=related

A Considerable Foe Stands In The Way (Boss Battle) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M3Jredj3n7k&feature=autoplay&list=PL1B64E0DACF94EC79&index=17&playnext=2

Kill Barthathos. (Final Battle) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlroPNvZH2g

As The Lance Falls (Final Battle; Phase Two) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OGyWBZloMTo&feature=related

Sword of Sacrifice; Lay To Rest This Shadow Of The Past (Hidden Boss) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nV_2GVjhQsI&feature=relmfu[/color]

Last edited by Triggitius on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:58 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 03, 2011 11:18 am

Heading back home for a nice Sunday get-together.

Once I return, ya'lls best be prepared for some severe bulldick.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 04, 2011 2:29 pm

MAGIC RULES - Change every chapter.

RIGHT NOW - Nobody can use hardly any magic, except those with floramancer abilities. Psychomancers can only talk to their ghost/demon.

ONCE CHAPTER 0.5 STARTS (it has not yet) AND UNTIL THE START OF CHAPTER 2 - The rules are as follows...

Pyromancers - Can only altar existing flame within a thirty-foot radius. No summons.

Aeromancers - Can create wind at will over a large distance. Offensively, they are roughly capable of a Force-Push from Star Wars. No speed or jumping boost. No summons.

Geomancers - Can move minerals within a ten-foot radius, but no more than about 250 lbs at once. Minerals cannot be launched beyond the radius of control. Must remain stationary. No summons.

Ezermancers - Can create a poison in their body that takes ten seconds to paralyze a grown man, but is not lethal. Transferable by consumption/contact with open wound. They are not immune to other poisons. They cannot decrease the level of toxicity in/of something. No summons.

Floramancers - Can control wildlife and herbivores within a thirty-foot radius, but only one subject at a time. No summons.

Psychomancers - Can only communicate with their ghost/demon. No summons.

Vitalmancers - Require a great deal of concentration, so therefore must be stationary. Must be touching. Cannot mend injuries they cannot see. No summons (yes, they have one.)

Last edited by Triggitius on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Creeping_Shadow
Survivor
Creeping_Shadow

Number of posts : 3

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons:
Items:

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 4:42 am

The holy diver song was great haha. i had to say something about it Cheesy

to give you an idea of the mentioned swords:
Khopesh- (Aka sword of darkness) called "creperum" by Lumen which means darkness in Latin-
Spoiler:
that is totally not me, but i thought that he added far more character then a picture of just the sword Tongue

Yatagan- (Aka sword of light) called "rutilus" by Lumen which means shining in Latin-
Spoiler:

Trigger, i do not know if you want to take a more direct role in limiting my powers so for now i am just matching it with what i notice you guys doing.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 07, 2011 2:27 pm

There's no Bars Arcanum on your character at present, so your magic can pretty much be used to the extent of your imagination. Cheesy

However, energy-based magic is more profoundly affected by the Lance's falling than matter-based magic. This sort of acts as a natural Bars Arcanum, and is why my character is limited in his magical ability despite not having one around his neck.

You might want to PM me regarding what all a photomancer is supposed to be able to do. You'll gradually become stronger and stronger, the closer you get to the fallen Lance.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 09, 2011 1:58 pm

Snort. Sorry guys, RP has been crawling along lately due to general gayness and several other forms of wanton unmanliness.

I shall be picking up the pace shawtleh.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 3:54 am

Super boss battle themes (because I am notorious for having several hidden bosses that are waaaaaaay harder than the final boss)

M'Lady (Vs. Orokouga - BETA Phase) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duuec5Ybtps&feature=related

Bring It On (Vs. Orokouga - ALPHA Phase) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCcaWDpN3G8

DIE. (Vs. Orokouga - OVERDOG Phase) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uxD0YxJDm-s

Last edited by Triggitius on Sun Apr 10, 2011 11:37 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 6:24 pm

It's hard to post when someone shoves you into their bra, but I'll try.
Back to top Go down
Adalinda
Pony Supreme
Pony Supreme
Adalinda

Character Sheet
Name: Crimson
Weapons: Stealing Birkins cheeseburgers.
Items: Birkins cheeseburgers

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 7:34 pm

Who's shoving who into who's bra now?
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptySun Apr 10, 2011 7:40 pm

Annette wrote:
It's hard to post when someone shoves you into their bra, but I'll try.

I shoved you into my pocket, not my bra.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 11:40 am

And the last of my musical posts. (maybe)

Every RP has a theme song. This is TItS's.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zsPYEsjnq4s

Lyrics are in the description. I think it fits the RP perfectly.

Give it a listen.

Also, Cassuner and Bianca's theme : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrEP3RPgEao

Cassuner; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lrEP3RPgEao
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptyWed Apr 13, 2011 1:57 am

Alright. That was a several-day-long distraction I never care to repeat.

Now that I'm back, it's time for you lot to SUFFER.

*Has much of the first setup post done. Will finish it after class.*
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 1:50 pm

I have a post almost ready, if you want to use it. You'd just have to toss a few verbs in, its a rough skeleton of a post.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptyThu Apr 14, 2011 2:51 pm

BOSS BATTLE RULES, REGULATIONS, AND NOTES :

- You are not bound by the general "Make it a longish post" rule here. In boss battles, each post should represent a split-second of battle. Of course, your post should probably consist of more than just "Timmy swings his sword." Quality is still important, but quantity is not. Try to be specific, IE, what angle you're attacking from, what body part you're attacking, etc. This makes it easier to coordinate with your fellows. Feel free to throw around some dialogue, but don't go off on a rant, or you're liable to be silenced with a sword to the back of your throat.

- Make sure you post ATTEMPTS to deal damage, not actual damage. IE "I swing my sword for at neck," not "I decapitate him with my word."

- There is no post order, however, you'll probably all want to team together and post at the same time. This represents a coordinated group attack. Rest assured that the boss will be responding as quickly as he can, and it is much easier to defend against a single attacker.

- You cannot control the boss at all. Imagine him as another player character (because he technically is.)

- You cannot die in or as a result of a boss battle (usually), though you are liable to experience great hardship if the entire team is wiped out. These are the only points in the RP where your health is actively monitored. If you take too much damage, you will be "Down." It's up to you if you want to be unconscious at this point, or just wounded beyond the point of action.

- Don't go too long without posting, or you will suffer.

- Protect the goddamn medic. (Pengy)
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 EmptyFri Apr 15, 2011 2:14 am

Just in case this helps anyone.

Golvaga Style, as used by Sank.

Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 Dfsafs11
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Thrown into the snow: Discussion   Thrown into the snow: Discussion - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Thrown into the snow: Discussion
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next