Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...

Go down 
+4
Tool
Wesker
Z 1
Warhero30
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... Empty
PostSubject: If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...   If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 8:53 pm

No, I'm not planning to ditch our current RP, but I'm sporting a MAJOR hard-on for zombies and horror right now.

Also, it should be pointed out that this projected RP would not follow the winning game to the letter; it would merely take place in the locales encountered in said game.

And Silent Hill is very much a viable option, but it would need to have an original story. Or rather, the best parts from every game would be jammed into one RP.

edit- Wow, Silent Hill is doing well. Shocked
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...   If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... EmptySat Apr 16, 2011 11:07 pm

This is a tough choice...

I've liked all of the Resident Evil games, with only real complaints being with Re4, which
utterly destroyed all of the kickass story work laid down by the previous games for no
good damn reason... That being said, the original games with the exclusion of 2, 3, and
the outbreak series, don't offer us any sort of freedom to play around in, and even then
we've got a time limit to mess around with, which is 1, 2 weeks tops. That's quite generous
when you consider that re zero, 1 and CVX take place within hours. Technically, 2 and
3's events also play out within only a few hours, but the Raccoon Incident as a whole
(0-3 & Outbreaks 1&2) took months to occur, as few as 2 months and as many as 6.

But I digress.

Despite my hatred for Re4-5 breaking the continuity we had built up over the old games,
they opened up a whole new, horror ridden world to play with. While Umbrella may or
may not be gone, their legacy continued. We've got all sorts of viral samples out there
on the black market, fully grown B.O.W's and new ones being made... the possibilities
numerous and highly arousing. We could create scenarios specifically for what sort of
enemies we wish to fight and not be concerned with getting repetitive and boring.

In conclusion: If you're going to go old school Resident Evil, you're best bet at a good
time is during Re's 2-3 / Outbreak 1-2, preferably during the start of the outbreak on
day one until the day Raccoon is sterilized for optimal play time, character development
and enemy diversity.

Otherwise, go with a options 6-8 and let your imagination run wild.
Back to top Go down
Warhero30
Survivor
Warhero30

Number of posts : 37

Character Sheet
Name: Odin
Weapons: .50 Taurus Raging Bull, Shoulder Harness Knife, Weighted Throwing Knife, Dual Concealed .22 Pistols, Garrote Wire
Items: Spare Ammo, Zippo,Ciggerettes

PostSubject: Re: If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...   If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 4:00 am

I said Racoon city etc but what I really wanted to say was anything other than RE5.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...   If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 4:11 am

Rockfort Island would be interesting.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...   If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 1:46 pm

If I recall, there was an Asylum rp that had a few pages on it. I'm not sure if I posted in it.

Athens Medical, if I remember right. We all had bizarre quirks, most involving murder. The silent hill rp would be fun, if we all weren't already crazy.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...   If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 2:36 pm

Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...   If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 3:35 pm

Silent Hill was only scary because you were alone/in a small group.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...   If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 4:01 pm

Quote :
Silent Hill was only scary because you were alone/in a small group.

I've got it covered. ;)

Lulz. I made this thread expecting everyone to jump on the RE2/3 bandwagon. I was already drawing up ideas.

I had no clue there were so many SH fans kicking around. Can't say I'm disappointed though. This should be fun.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...   If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 6:32 pm

Fuck ya'lls silent hill. D:< No one ever wins in Silent Hill.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...   If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... EmptySun Apr 17, 2011 7:20 pm

DOESN'T MEAN IT AIN'T FUN

*Ties Birkin to the ceiling and summons Pyramid Head*
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...   If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... EmptyMon Apr 18, 2011 12:25 am

*breaks free from his bonds, drops down in a crouch as Pyramid Head appears. Quickly
presses the L1+R1 command prompts as they appear in mid-air, ducking between the
rapey bastard's legs before sprinting out the door*
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...   If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 8:21 am

W.Birkin wrote:
*breaks free from his bonds, drops down in a crouch as Pyramid Head appears. Quickly
presses the L1+R1 command prompts as they appear in mid-air, ducking between the
rapey bastard's legs before sprinting out the door*

While you were doing that, your wife died and bastard child died off screen, and now you'll spend the rest of the game talking to them anyway. At the end of the game, you'll realize that not only are they dead, but you were the one who killed them.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...   If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 8:53 am

Pest02 wrote:
While you were doing that, your wife died and bastard child died off screen, and now you'll spend the rest of the game talking to them anyway. At the end of the game, you'll realize that not only are they dead, but you were the one who killed them.

If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... Everything_went_better_than_expected
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...   If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:13 am

I hate you.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...   If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... EmptyTue Apr 19, 2011 9:37 am

Annette wrote:
I hate you.

That's why we're divorced, dear.
Back to top Go down
Tool
Survivor
Tool

Number of posts : 22

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons:
Items:

PostSubject: Re: If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...   If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 8:51 am

It's a bit late,but I cast my vote for RE3.Mainly because Nemesis gave me nightmares and I loved them Cheesy.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...   If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 9:28 am

Really late posting this but imo Silent Hill only works because of the atmosphere. With the absence of the dark ambient soundtrack and the fucked up surroundings you would just be hitting *insert horrific description of a creature here that mocks the human body* with a blunt weapon. Imo would not transfer well to a text RP at all.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...   If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 10:43 am

*The air begins to thicken with a white haze as temperatures begin to drop, heralding in
large and beautiful snowflakes that quickly cover the ground like a fine powder. The snow
falls in a slow and casual pace while the white haze grows denser. An unnatural chill lingers
in the air, purveying the surrounding area with a sense of dread.

Though it appears you are alone, you can't shake the feeling that someone or something is
watching you... It's this feeling that causes goosebumps to form on your skin and your hair
to stand on end rather than the sudden cold.

Seeking to get warm you begin to trudging through the snow towards a looming monolith
in the distance you can only assume is a building. A shadow begins to form across the land
as the radiant light begins to wane. Suddenly a sound shatters the silence: A siren. It's loud
cry causes your stomach to tighten with panic, but your not sure why... You hasten your way
to the looming monolith, the darkness fast on your heels as the sirens begin to whine down.

Breathless and frightened, you find yourself standing in front of the monolith, but its not
the shelter from the cold you had hoped for. Its a sign, old and decrepit, in big bold letters
it speaks to you.* "Welcome to Silent Hill."
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...   If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... EmptyFri May 27, 2011 4:06 pm

Fudge, I forgot all about this thread after I started having to be absent for several days at a time.

Silent Hill has the most votes, but RE has even more, spread out over several titles.

Not sure if we should hold another vote that just says "RE" or "SH," or if we should just declare Silent Hill the winner, since it has the most dedicated players.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...   If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... EmptySun May 29, 2011 10:31 am

Merge the two. It would be beneficial to everyone!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...   If we were to have a Resident Evil RP... Empty

Back to top Go down

If we were to have a Resident Evil RP...
Page 1 of 1