Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City

Go down 
+5
Briar
Pest02
Trig
Wesker
Peng
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Briar
Shotgun Surgeon
Briar

Number of posts : 80

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons:
Items:

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:50 am

Well, Outbreak was a long time ago. ORC definitely fixed some old bugs that existed, but if they were to make an Outbreak 3, with all the levels of 1&2, RE fans would squeal with delight.

Also I played ORC online awhile ago. I played the Hero version of Four Eyes, and tossed a single grenade into the enemy spawn. They all got hit and were mauled by small arms fire and crimson heads. A fifty second match.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 9:27 am

I wanna agree with you but I think only fans of the older games would truly enjoy Outbreak 3
if it were done in the same vein as the classic games. Resident Evil 4's gameplay spoiled a lot
of new comers to the series and a lot of those players that tried out the older games after that
were turned off by the games awkward camera angles and the clunky controls. Even if those
players had grown as gamers, went back and played the classic games and became used to
the controls as we did, I think that a majority of the older fans have come to accept all of the
changes that has been made to their series and may find that their views have changed.

I would like to see an Outbreak 3, but 2 wrapped up that series. Its probably best to consider
ORC as an unofficial sequel to the outbreak series.

Ironically, I've just about beaten the game with all of the USS characters. I'm currently playing
through with Four Eyes, and I can relate to your experience. The pheromone bomb I'd say is
one of the most powerful weapons in the game, probably one of the most useful, too. That is
of course, if there are any zombies or B.O.W's present. I haven't even bothered trying her
other two abilities, lol.

I've played with every USS member at this point, and my favorite character has changed every
time I've extensively played with a new character, except for Vector. I want to like Vector but I
just can't like him as much as I do the others. All of them have fantastic abilities that makes each
of them fun to play with, except for Vector. His mimicry cloak is useless when trying to engage the
enemy. They still attack you even if you're disguised, and the invisibility cloak is only useful if you
don't run or attack, otherwise you can be seen by the enemy and attacked. And the cloak only lasts
for 25 seconds, so how are you supposed to get use out of these? I get you can upgrade the cloaks
duration with each level, but it doesn't balance out the negatives associated with it. Vector is one of
the coolest motherfuckers on the team, was built up to be this badass in the inserted evil contest and
yet, he turns out to be one of the most disappointing characters available.
Back to top Go down
Tool
Survivor
Tool

Number of posts : 22

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons:
Items:

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 10:58 am

I wanted to like Vector too Sad
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 14, 2012 8:20 pm

Let me rephrase what I said about the aiming in this game. Aiming with primary weapons seems to be
pretty straight forward, its aiming with the secondary weapons that seems to be a bit off-putting. All of
the handguns have a laser sight. Where ever the red dot is pointing, that's where your shot will get
placed. But then there's this other dot that shows up in the middle of the screen, well, whats this for?
Well, it serves as a marker for your laser sight. The laser site will gravitate to that marker and will
overlap with it.

That is if you're in the open. The laster sight can actually get caught on walls, banisters and other
barriers if you're trying to shoot from cover, even if your primary sight isn't obstructed. This can
be frustrating because most of the time you're forced to come out of cover in order to actually
hit your target, and that can get you killed FAST.
Back to top Go down
Warhero30
Survivor
Warhero30

Number of posts : 37

Character Sheet
Name: Odin
Weapons: .50 Taurus Raging Bull, Shoulder Harness Knife, Weighted Throwing Knife, Dual Concealed .22 Pistols, Garrote Wire
Items: Spare Ammo, Zippo,Ciggerettes

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 4:04 am

I saved Leon on Normal mode then killed him on Veteran. Going through it now on professional. Not sure what i'll do when I get to him.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Page 2 EmptySun Apr 15, 2012 3:02 pm

I saved him the first time, on easy, then killed him on normal, then saved him on normal.
I'm playing on normal a few more times before moving on to the next difficulty level. I've
gotten all the gallery items unlocked, too.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 2:09 am

For the xbox leaders board im like #35 for player kills, 80-90 career exp, 50-70 campaign exp, 200-180 total play time.

GT: SleepySrH
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Page 2 EmptyWed May 02, 2012 4:35 am

Again, my gamer tag is Damien_Talon, on da ps3 version, wish my net were
fast enough to play pvp, though id still probably suck.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 1:24 pm

*Is drunk*

I finally rented this, and it pissed me off.

I played on Veteran difficulty, since I'm about as veteran as it gets, and I found myself getting my balls ripped every couple of seconds, not by zombies, but by people with guns. The controls were kind of like Gears of War, but without the benefit of a dodge function. It all just felt very clunky, and I got stuck in cover on accident all the time.

I take that back. There IS a bit of a dodge function. If you press A while sprinting, you'll sort of flop on your belly and crawl into any nearby cover. The problem here is that the same button also picks shit up. Say you're down to 1 HP and you see a green herb. Of course you're going to sprint your broken ass over to it ASAP, but when you press the pickup button, there's about a 50% chance you'll just throw yourself to the ground, where you will then be promptly dispatched by the guy in the corner with the shotgun.

The red dot was worse than useless. In fact, it was counterproductive. You aim using your crosshairs; all the red dot does is make you think you're aiming where you aren't.

On the plus side, I liked the infection status. Whenever you get slapped by a BOW, there's a good chance you'll contract the virus. Your life gauge turns blue and you slowly lose health, turning into a zombie if you die. Your only hope is to use the one antivirus you can hold at a time (You find them like candy though, much like ammo) It is annoying though trying to melee a zombie, knowing you'll probably get scratched at least once. Maybe I'm just unlucky, or maybe it was the difficulty, but it felt like 1 out of every 4 hits infected me.

It was also neat being able to form a team with specific talents. I always played Beltway, and filled my team full of females ; Four Eyes because she can spam antiviruses, Bertha because she can spam health sprays, and Lupo because her accent gets me hard.

Then again, your teammates are ALL retarded. There's a bit early on where you have to escape from Birkin by running down a flaming hallway, and your comrades make damn sure to run through every patch of fire. Fortunately, enemy AI is even MORE retarded, taking cover in obviously bad spots and failing to take notice of most stimuli, opting instead to shoot randomly until they die. There are a LOT of them though, so expect to be overwhelmed. Grenades are seriously underpowered, but you find those like hotcakes too. Either throw four or five at once, or don't throw any at all.

But hey, if your teammates die, you can always revive them by pressing a button over their remains. It doesn't matter if they were zombified and blown apart; they'll still respawn if you hold that button for about five seconds. I made a habit of personally killing and reviving my teammates if they ever dropped below half health, because that's what they revive at.

Ugh, end rant. It has some fun bits, but it feels nothing like an RE game, aside from the abundance of unnecessary red dots. I agree with the 6.5 Gameinformer gave it. Give it a rent, but for the love of god don't buy it. Capcom's recent behavior does not need to be positively reinforced.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Page 2 EmptyTue May 29, 2012 6:50 am

enjoy

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City   Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2