Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Umbrella's Downfall

Go down 
+7
Tool
Havoc
Trig
Austin Powers
Untersturmführer Alvarez
Wesker
Z 1
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Tool
Survivor
Tool

Number of posts : 22

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons:
Items:

Umbrella's Downfall - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Downfall   Umbrella's Downfall - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 5:02 am

The elevator shook wildly beneath Jack's feet,as Hunter tore through the bottom of the elevator towards Jack.Hunter's razor sharp claws tore their way through almost cutting Jack's legs,if they were just inches closer.

Jack retreated to the back of the elevator,his back sticking to the mirror in the back where he used to admire himself for shits and giggles.Hunter's growls grew louder and more intense as it could smell the fear almost within its grasp.

Jack looked up to the emergency hatch in the elevator and decided it was his only way out,Hunter was going to get through within a matter of minutes anyways.Jack balled his hand into a fist and slammed it into the emergency stop button in the elevator,bringing it to a sudden stop almost throwing Jack forward towards Hunter's claws.

Jack then opened the emergency hatch and hung on to the edges,pulling himself up as quickly as he could,it was only a few moments later that Hunter completely tore through the bottom of the elevator and made his way through.
Jack didn't look back,he stood at the top of the elevator and sighed as he mumbled."Now what?"

He soon got his answer,as the service elevator that Birk was using made its way up from the 4th floor,He was already between the 3rd and second floor,however the elevator Birk was using was a descent jump away.If he had any chance of making it,he had to jump now.But first Hunter had to be dealt with.

Jack looked back down the hatch where Hunter was staring at him,Jack slowly picked up a grenade and removed the safety pin throwing it down the hatch.That's when Hunter jumped up to grab Jack,but Jack was already mid air trying to reach Birk's elevator.

Jack slammed against the side of the elevator,his hand barely holding on to the top of the elevator.A second later a huge bang was heard shaking the entire space,almost knocking Jack off the elevator.He looked back and saw the elevator he had been on a minute ago collapse into the abyss below.

Jack sighed and pulled himself up,grabbing his 9mm pistol in his hand as he approached the emergency hatch of the new elevator,he reached for it,opening it with one hand while his other hand was aiming the pistol down the elevator.
Back to top Go down
Warhero30
Survivor
Warhero30

Number of posts : 37

Character Sheet
Name: Odin
Weapons: .50 Taurus Raging Bull, Shoulder Harness Knife, Weighted Throwing Knife, Dual Concealed .22 Pistols, Garrote Wire
Items: Spare Ammo, Zippo,Ciggerettes

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Downfall   Umbrella's Downfall - Page 2 EmptyMon May 21, 2012 3:03 pm

Taking the blocks Odin told Mack “Sure thing” before setting off down the hall. It didn’t take him long to finish placing the blocks of C4. Once he had finished doing so he carried on walking away from the armoury. As he did he touched his earpiece “Mack, I’m going to head off into the facility, you’ve got a decent enough set up to hold out here and I’d like to find out just how far this place has gone to hell. Maybe I’ll even get lucky and find a few necks to wring for causing all this fuss.”

It wasn’t long before he reached one of the elevators, better to take them and avoid the risk of going past the B.O.W labs. Just as his thumb hovered over the button to call the lift an explosion rang out followed by the screech of metal against metal shooting past before a crash roared out, echoing as it passed back up the shaft of the elevator.

Unsheathing the knife from his shoulder harness he pried a gap in the elevator doors before putting his hands in the gap and pulling them apart. When there was a large enough space he leaned forwards and peered down into the shaft to the wreckage of what was once an elevator at the bottom. Hopefully it wouldn’t turn out to be an umbrella employee who’d been in it at the time...well...not an important one at least. “Great...” he muttered, leaning backwards and looking to the side “looks like I’m taking the stairs.”

Stepping away he released the doors and watched as they slid shut again. Turning to his side he looked back the way he’d come, considering going back to the armoury but ultimately decided against doing so. As he made his way to the entrance to the staircase he started to sheath his knife again but stopped halfway into putting the blade away, pulling it out again and drawing his revolver. It seemed he’d have to make a visit, no matter how short, to the labs after all and he certainly wasn’t going to risk even the second it would take to draw his armaments.

With a sigh he began to climb the steps to the fifth floor.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Downfall   Umbrella's Downfall - Page 2 EmptyTue May 22, 2012 1:54 pm

The elevator ride was taking far longer than expected, or at least, that was how it seemed to
him at the time. He listened to the Red Queen as she listed off the remaining faculty and
their current where-about's. Or at least the ones she could track since the data wipe. Birkin
would sigh after a moment as he peered at the dull, black half-orb that contained one of the
queen's many many "eyes" and tapped on the outer glass.

"Red Queen, we should have reached my floor by now, what's taking you so long?." He'd lean
back against the wall when he suddenly noticed the strange sounds echoing from some where
above. "I apologize Dr. Birkin, however it is for your own safety. A B.O.W has breached the
elevator shaft and is currently engaged in combat with Missingno." Birkin cocked his head to
the side, a perplexed look on his face. "A B.O.W is fighting a pokemon glitch... The hell?"

The sounds grew louder which meant that they were getting closer, and now he was feeling
more anxious. He drew his weapon once more when a loud "thud" rocked the elevator. He
quickly pointed his gun towards the sound. "Warning! - handheld explosive device detected!"
No sooner had the queen given her warning the device went off with a concussive "whump",
causing the elevator to rattle and shake as it was peppered with shrapnel. the blast was more
than enough to throw Birkin off balance, throwing him on his ass, however, it would soon
even out. After a few moments, the sounds of something scurrying up to the roof of the
elevator jarred him back into reality. Whatever it was began to meddle with the emergency
hatch, prompting draw his weapon just as Tool popped in, his own weapon drawn.

He sighed with relief and lowered his weapon before climbing to his feet. "Nice of you to drop
in, Tool. I'd offer you some refreshments, but I imagine fighting one of our pet projects is more
than enough to wake you up in the morning."
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Downfall   Umbrella's Downfall - Page 2 EmptyWed May 23, 2012 12:54 am

"Sir! I've received a report that Miss Welford was found in section four.", the soldier said, saluting his officer.

"Good....good.", the man replied, shaking some ash from his cigar. "Bring her to me. Look for any other VIP's. Dismissed."

"Sir?", the soldiers voice was shaky, quivering as he spoke. "Can I stay a few minutes?"

"I gave you an order, soldier."

"Sir, none of my equipment works in section 8. Not even my flashlight, and you have to walk across the level to get to the elevator that goes to sections 1-7."

"Your point being?"

"I hear voices in there. Even when I'm alone."

The commander sighed, placing his face in his palm. "I said GO soldier!", he shouted, sending the soldier fleeing the room. The elevator ride up was bright, and cheerful music played until it stopped at level 8. The lights slowly dimmed until off, the music kept playing, but changed slowly from the high pitched, cheery music into a slow, somber tone.

The door opened slowly, revealing a pitch black room with a faint green light on the far side, the call button for the elevator. The only light that worked.

The soldier took a deep breath. Focusing on the light, he stepped forward, his boots squeaking on the highly polished floor. Light danced across the room, whispers of times past. Conversations, indistinguishable, laughter.

His boot his something solid. Soft...fleshy? He bent down to investigate, touching the body below him. One of his guys, he could tell from the feel of his armor. Small, oddly shaped, shallow puncture wounds. Did something just flash in the corner?

A strange smell filled his nostrils, the overpowering smell of blood and.....

Nail Polish?

This room was creepy, and nail polish wasn't he first weird thing he discovered in here. He told himself that, trying to believe it. He found a lipstick canister on the way in, sitting in the elevator. He pulled it out to look at it again.

'Oh yeah...the lights are out.', he said in his head. 'Dumb ass....'

He shook his head, gasping as he saw the flash in the corner again.

"Is someone there?", he shouted, raising his weapon. He took a few steps forward, stopping as he kicked something that glowed. He reached down, picking it up.

"A lab coat? Poor bugger. Must've been taken in here by my man back there. How did you kill my guy? Screwdriver? Spoon? Is this your name tag?", he asked, flipping the coat around. A few fingerprints, smudged in something that glows in the dark. There was a lot of smudging on the name tag, making it easy to read. "Jar...Kee?"

There was an animalistic growl behind him. He turned around, raising his weapon only to have it knocked from his hands. Her eyes stared into his, a deep yellow, trickled with red. She placed her 'hands' on his face, her fingernails glowing a soft green, illuminating his features.

First came screams. Then came laughter.
Back to top Go down
Havoc
Tragically Insane
Havoc

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Downfall   Umbrella's Downfall - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 01, 2012 7:27 pm

He shivered as the cold metal crept through his veins. The feeling was that of ice being forcefully pushed through his veins. It hurt like hell, but there was no going back. The process had seemed to go on infinitely with no release when the bell chimed.

“Injection complete,” hummed the speakers.

All that was left truly for Thomas to do was to say activation phrase to find out if the injection worked but first he need find a suitable host before giving into such curiosity. This of course meant that once again he would have to travel past the Tyrant to find a more genetically equal host. Part of him agreed there would be no problem with the transplant but he knew nothing of how this procedure worked so going with what he knew best first was probably the most suitable option.

Looking down at his arm Thomas noted he now had unique metallic freckles replacing the pores of his skin. As he walked passed light fixtures they reflected giving off the appearance Thomas was being illuminated. As charming as it was he knew it was a good first sign. Now about that host…

It appeared the Tyrant had found a new place to terrorize; giving Thomas time to retrieve his sniper. On the way he noted the differences he felt after the procedure. First he felt twice as heavy. It shouldn’t have been much of a surprise to him, as having equal body weight distributed in the form of microscopic robots would obviously double his weight. Secondly, breathing was a lot harder than usual. It was a tricky puzzle to solve but the solution was either the same logical reasoning of either being lungs that were twice as heavy or too many cigarettes a day. There was a sad thought. How would cigarettes be affected by the devious nanobots inside him? Would the smoke set off their internal alarms and cause them to reject and purify the air? Would this be the tragic way Thomas weaned of cigarettes? Smoking with no effect? Oh the irony. Ah yes, on to the third feeling. Everything was cold now. The metallic bodies of course would retain the cold but hopefully his body working at one hundred percent capacity could produce enough body heat to eventually warm him. Either way he noted his need for thicker clothing.

The train of the thoughts crashed about his mind like a jammed interstate; yet they kept him busy long enough to wonder the halls aimlessly until he came across the weapons room on the sixth floor.

“Why did I come here again?” he spoke quietly to himself.

Ah yes that’s right. Being the weapons hold there was sure to be someone, good or bad, which he could try out his new gained abilities on. Fortunately the concept was spot on.

Within the room bunkered in the corner was a man named Zachary. Havoc might have known him but Thomas never got the chance. In fact, the only reason he actually knew the man’s name was because he had read up on the personnel during the taxi cab ride to the building. The spectacle within Zachary’s eyes told the story that though he was on no personal level with Havoc; he was familiar with the face.

“Havoc,” came the anticipated reply from his mouth.

“Umm,” Havoc rolled over his words, “Ah yes. Hello.”

A look of concern wrapped Zachary’s face, “How?”

“That good sir” smiled Havoc, “Is an incredibly long story.”

“You should be dead.” he replied gripping his gun tightly.

“I am dead,” Havoc said remorsefully then cheered himself up with a retort, “Yet I am alive.”

By this time the gun was pointed directly at Thomas. Without words to defend him a bullet to some vital location would be the next step towards. Not wanting to understand how the nanobots deal with repairing mangled and burned tissue Thomas continued to speak.

“I finished an operation of extreme importance earlier today,” Havoc began, “That is the entire reason I’ve come back to the office. I feel the project was a success but I need someone to help me with the finishing stages. Would you be so willing as to be my assistant in this cause?”

“What sort of operation are we speaking of?” spat out Zachary.

“Nanotechnology,” Havoc replied, “The usual. This time however I’ve taken it to a new level. I’ve gone passed weapons and armor and have instead started focusing on the Human body. Just like Umbrella, perfecting the human species was my ultimate goal. The only difference we share being Umbrella’s untimely lab failure and my lack of such thereof.”

“You were the direct cause of a leveled city,” Zachary replied losing interest and raising his gun once again.”

“Umbrella was the direct cause of that city,” Havoc replied offended, “I had nothing to do with zombies. The only premise I had in that entire plot was inner turmoil between me and the company.”

“Yet you come back to us?” replied Zachary.

“Yet I come back to myself,” corrected Havoc, “What’s the use in a lifetime of work just to let it rot in an office room? No, I came back to finish what I had completed and ultimately prove my superiority to Umbrella. Now help me.”

“You’re conceited,” sighed Zachary, “And if you really believe Umbrella is going to help you go against it then you are also idiotic.”

Havoc spun around and took a few steps towards the door, “We shall see. Protocol Activation Phase: Host.”

The bullet rang out of the gun directed at not a man but a cloud of dust. Gracefully the grains swirled around the sides of the bullet receiving no harm and leading up to a dent in the door frame directly behind.

The cloud spoke no words but made sounds. It was a melody of cries of agony and mechanical bee’s; horrifying really. Four more shots rang out of the barrel equally missing their target. Creating a duet of terror Zachery accepted his fate by chiming in with the screams. The process was grueling and assumable painful. Like an angered nest of yellow jackets the cloud surrounded Zachery and every flail was more futile then the last. Zachary’s screams changed from confusion to pain a subtle difference in frequency really. Riding the current of his breath the particles made their way inside him through his mouth. As the cloud condensed the screams dropped to a gagging and groaning.

As the dust cloud cleared Zachary lie dead; his eyes already having formed that familiar milky glaze. Asphyxiation was a hell of a way to go really.

Time passed by and gradually the room went back to its original tranquil state. The only movement in the room being a pair of dead blinking eyes…
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Downfall   Umbrella's Downfall - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 2:11 am

Frost found himself riding the elevator to level four, in search of others. Light music played, with the elevator stopping at level three.

A few zombies were picking through the remains of a security guard. Frost held his breath, hoping to not be seen, but failing utterly. A zombie stood up, and began lurching for the small, enclosed space where Frost and Austin stood.

The door closes before the zombie reaches them, but further problems reach them when they get to the 4th floor.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Downfall   Umbrella's Downfall - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 2:36 am

-Jen-

"Really guys, can't we talk?", she asks, being dragged down the hallway. "I'm really not that important...."

"You've done nothing BUT talk.", the soldier dragging her replies, pulling a pistol out. "Dead or alive. Take your pick."

"I'm not the real Jennifer Welford. I'm her replacement."

"Good try.", he replied.

"Clone." "Sister." "Doppelganger." "Good twin."

The soldier smiled at her pathetic attempts to persuade them. Nothing she had could possibly....

"I fertilized myself with a tyrant."

Everyone thought it, but no one could quite say the words 'What the fuck?'.

"You can hear it, can't you? My child, my son causing so much destruction. It almost brings a tear to my eye.", Jen said, wiping away a make believe tear.

"Now....", she says, taking a deep breath. "HELP MEEEEE!"

The scream echoes for a few moments. All goes quiet.

Nothing happens.

"Good try, Miss Welford.....", the soldier says laughing. "Where...where the fuck did she go?"

"Red Alert! We've lost Miss Welford!", someone shouts into a radio.

Jen slides along the walls, making sure to stay hidden behind lab equipment. When she gets far enough away she begins walking normally, a slight pep in her step for her ingenious lie. The elevator wasn't far off, a few turns and a hallway.

"There she is!", came a shout behind her. She sprinted the remaining distance to the elevator, getting there in time to see it stop at level three. Frantically she mashes the button, to no avail.

She raises her hands in defeat, her head hanging low. The elevator door chimes.

"Close call.", Frost remarks, sliding his pistol back into its holster. He looks up, and sees Jen with a half dozen armed men behind her. "Fuck."
Back to top Go down
Warhero30
Survivor
Warhero30

Character Sheet
Weapons: .50 Taurus Raging Bull, Shoulder Harness Knife, Weighted Throwing Knife, Dual Concealed .22 Pistols, Garrote Wire

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Downfall   Umbrella's Downfall - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 10:07 am

Odin tore through the 4th floor as fast as his legs could carry him but no matter how fast he ran he couldn't put enough distance to escape the hunters chasing him. One or two he could deal with but three hunters was just too many with what he'd armed himself with. Why did he have to take the stairs through floor 5?

Making a turn he grabbed a fire extinguisher off the wall and turned in mid-step he ran backwards throwing the container towards his pursuers. Raising his revolver he squeezed off a shot as the hunters rounded the corner after him, the contents covered them and momentarily distracted them but before he could celebrate he stumbled and lost his balance crashing to the ground. So much for getting a lead on them.

Cursing loudly he scrambled away down the corridor till he reached a bend, rounding it he saw a small group of soldiers and not wishing to get trapped between their guns and a group of hunters he dived into the nearest room before he could be spotted. If the hunters or soldiers saw him go in he'd know soon enough, the wooden door would do little to stop them reaching him. Looking around he saw little in the room that could help him, in a floor of labs he'd managed to find an office.

"Just my luck" he muttered under his breath. Touching his headpiece he whispered "Anyone else on floor 4? I've managed to run into quite the situation."
Back to top Go down
Havoc
Tragically Insane
Havoc

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Downfall   Umbrella's Downfall - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 12:14 pm

The body began to tremor violently trying to process the mass inside it. Skin bubbled up, eventually exploding out puss, blood, and other liquids like a squeezed sponge. All the nonviable mass was to be pushed out of the body to maintain a normal appearance. Veins bulged while a highway of new cells pushed their way like an angry mob towards the damaged tissue and began to repair the body like some miracle out of the Holy Book itself.

All in all the host’s body was left largely intact, only subtle differences that perhaps only the closest of friends would truly notice instantly. Finally the eyes were forced from their sockets and severed dropping to the floor and replaced with a set of bright green eyes.

Zachary, or at least the former shell of Zachary, took baby strides of movement that eventually lead to standing. Thomas hunched over and vomited the last bit of useless blood from his new form. Afterwards he looked down at his blood bathed clothing and frowned.

“This was a new shirt!” He shouted.

He had planned on saying a few more witty comments to dull the spectacle but was frightened a tad bit by his new voice. Immediately he walked, rather flailed, to a nearby bathroom and glanced in the mirror.

Within the mirror a man by the name of Zachary stared back. It was a bit horrifying really,
forcefully staring into the face of a man you just killed moving about so lively in the mirror.

“I am Thomas Hawthorn,” Havoc said to reassure himself, “Within the body of Z.”

It didn’t help; the only coping was to push the thoughts away. Instead, Thomas focused on the next phase to see if everything had worked perfectly. Walking back into the weapons hold and retrieved Zachary’s hand gun. He pointed
it directly at his hand and, without giving second thought, pulled the trigger.

The gun fell to the floor as Thomas grabbed his hand that now seared with pain of being shot, “It still fucking hurts.”

Thomas put the pain behind him and watched the spectacle at hand. Ha. The nanobots worked swiftly to repair the hand back together. The new skin was paler from lack of sunlight; the new skin was Thomas’.

“Then all the basics work,” he muttered alone, “That’s a good start.”

Before he could ponder further applications the newly gained radio spat out words into the silence.

"Anyone else on floor 4? I've managed to run into quite the situation.” Spoke an unknown voice from the contraption.

“This is Zachary,” Thomas made sure to keep it short, “I’ll be there momentarily.”
Back to top Go down
Tool
Survivor
Tool

Number of posts : 22

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons:
Items:

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Downfall   Umbrella's Downfall - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 1:16 pm

Everyone called him Tool,he huffed at the nickname while he was crouched at the roof of the elevator looking down at Birk,quite the scientist though his attitude was a pain.

"Birk,good to see a friendly face....."-Tool held on to the hatch while he slipped his body down to the elevator floor right next to Birk,He stood back right up clapping his arms to get rid of all the dust before he went on.-"Somewhat..."

-Tool smirked,holstering his favourite 9mm pistol.-"Would you mind telling me what the hell is going on?I mean an attack is one thing,but this...."-He rubbed his forehead trying to clear his head.His thoughts still debating wether or not he has been able to succesfully get rid of that damn licker.

-He looked at Birk,stepping towards him with his right foot.-"This is something else,this was supposed to be a fortress how can this happen?!"
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Downfall   Umbrella's Downfall - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 7:36 pm

"This isn't the first time we've had a security breech, though this is by far one of the worst." Birkin
sighed lightly as he dusted his lab coat off and adjusted it, stepping idly to the side as Tool dropped
in to the elevator's cabin.

"While I can't say for what reason they're attacking, whomever staged this little stunt had help
from the inside. They knew when our security forces would be thinnest and knew where the
automated defenses would be weakest. We've got a mole to smoke out, Tool my boy. But before
that, we need to wrangle up the others..." The elevator pinged, then stopped and the doors opened
into the service hall of floor 3.

"Dr. Birkin. Scanners indicate that Dr. Welford, Austin and Frost are currently on this floor. I am
also picking up several armed intruders and a level 1 bio-hazard outbreak. Proceed with extreme
caution." The Red Queen chimed in gently as both he and Tool stepped off the elevator.

"Queen, listen closely. I have a number of objectives for you. I want you to gather as much info
on the intruders that you can. Check all employee activity for the past three months, look for any
out-going information and cross-reference known contacts. I want a list of all escaped B.O.W's
and there current locations. Lastly, I want all active Ma-121 units diverted to all enemy locations."

Birkin would double check his weapon before glancing towards Tool. "I'm going to try and get to
Jen. You're welcome to come along. Warden and Trigger on the floor above us, Odin and Mack
are still alive, but Queen couldn't bring up their current locations, it seems certain areas of the
labs have been damaged or are being blocked. Z is on floor 4 but his vitals suddenly flat-lined.
No doubt the T-103 running rampant down there."
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Downfall   Umbrella's Downfall - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 10:50 pm

The Red Queen

"Queen, listen closely. I have a number of objectives for you."

Voice identified, Dr. William Birkin. Warning: Unable to select individual speakers. Broadcasting to all.

"I want you to gather as much info on the intruders that you can. Check all employee activity for the past three months, look for any out-going information and cross-reference known contacts."

Searching... Data missing.

"The most recent entry is....unknown. It used an older security clearance that was left active. Data Missing or Deleted. Mistress Jennivere has entered and left the building a total of four hundred and seventy two times over the last four months."

Mistress Jennivere?

"I want a list of all escaped B.O.W's and there current locations."

Searching.. B.O.W. last inventoried Oct. 1, 1999.

"Dr. Birkin, we have thirteen Hunter α's loose. They are destroying the intruders and equipment in an appropriate amount of time. Unknown amounts of other hunters. Twenty seven lickers are loose on various floors. A T-001 tyrant is loose on level four."

"Lastly, I want all active Ma-121 units diverted to all enemy locations."

"I am no longer in control of all the Hunter α. Level Nine is performing a system bypass on my circuits."
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Downfall   Umbrella's Downfall - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 02, 2012 11:45 pm

Commander

A couple of cameras were shot out, someone tried to delete the mainframe, plus a couple dozen B.O.W.'s were let loose.

The commander prevented what she could, restoring the mainframe to an earlier date, disabling parts of the Red Queen, and trying to divert the B.O.W.'s to other areas. An almost never ending cycle trying to prevent everyone from setting the place on fire, which is was in parts.

The commander removed her mask, setting it down on the table...the table that Pest left his gun. With a sigh she took a seat, breathing out as she witnessed the death and destruction of so many for the sake of so few.

"What have I done....", she whispered to herself, letting her hands fall to her sides. It started with a soft sniffle, but the tears began falling all the same.

All these controls, so easy to manipulate and use. So many leaders installing their own version of command. Pest had to make the controls fail proof, which made it even easier for her.

Tears still ran down her face, but questions formed in her mind. "Was this...too easy?", she asked herself.

The answer blazed in her mind. 'Yes'.

She had brought her entire force. Although many low level members had died, only three higher ups were taken down. Pest, Z1 and Konstantine.

It was a trap, and she took the bait without a second thought.

"Good try V. I see you're doing well.", Pest said, popping a soda open.

'No. He is dead because I shot him. His body is still here its...'

"If you hear this, you killed me. Good show.", Pest replied, almost as if he read her mind.

V ran to the computer screen, where a video of Pest played.

"Don't try turning it off, V. You have to listen to what I have to say.", Pest said as V scrambled for the off switch.

"Now, it's been what, 5 years? You've been trying to find us for quite some time. The phone call trick surprised me, I hadn't thought of that. It doesn't matter, I wanted you to come here. You didn't have to shoot the messenger, though."

She swallowed hard. Konstantine walked straight into her office, and before he could say anything she shot him down.

"I'm sorry Jill. Everything you tried was for the best and I undermined you every step of the way. I even persuaded Barry to come to my side, and we did well for awhile. Nothing good lasts forever though."

'Pest...stop...please...', she begged in head. She didn't want to hear this, not now...not after shooting her way though a dozen or so people on her way here. Not after shooting the man talking to her.

"Jill Valentine, the first member of the S.T.A.R.S. clan created by a Talking Banana. I am sorry for what I did, and I forgive you for what you did."

Both Jill and Pest were speechless for a few minutes.

"So...cheers!", Pest said, raising his soda to the screen. Jill looked around, finding an open soda, Pest's soda, and tapping it against the screen.

"Cheers.", she said, pulling it back and taking a sip. The door burst open in the video, and Jill could see herself take Pest's gun and aim it at him.

"I'm sorry for what I'm about to say.", Pest said before shutting off the camera.
Back to top Go down
Warhero30
Survivor
Warhero30

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Downfall   Umbrella's Downfall - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 04, 2012 12:55 pm

Zachary...Zachary...Odin's mind raced as he visualised and recalled everything he could remember from his few encounters with the man coming to his aid. He'd rarely seen the man carry around weapons heavier than a pistol and some equipment so the possibilities that heavy firepower was on it's way to him were low at best. Nevermind any help would be better than none at all.

Cracking open the revolver he replaced the spent rounds. The one in the corridor outside plus the three he'd been forced to spend in some of the worst shooting of his life on floor 5 killing off what he thought was just two lone hunters.

He uttered a silent curse at his luck of managing to happen across five hunters in a single group. Shaking his head he regretted leaving the armory, or at the very least not bringing along some heavier ordinance from it's ample selection.

Closing up his gun he prepared for what could quickly turn into the last fight of his life if neither help nor an oppotunity didn't arrive soon...then a thought occured to him. He'd been here long enough that the hunters should have caught up and smashed in the door. While the soldiers could very well be right outside preparing to assault the office like any trained group would the B.O.W's would never wait.

Maybe things weren't so bad af-

His trail of thought was interupted as the first crash hit the wood.
Back to top Go down
Briar
Shotgun Surgeon
Briar

Number of posts : 80

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons:
Items:

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Downfall   Umbrella's Downfall - Page 2 EmptyWed Aug 29, 2012 5:12 am

Frost and Austin in an elevator at one end, half a dozen armed men down the other. I have five bullets.

"Gentlemen, really now, it's been a pleasure but I simply can't stay and chat.", I say, leaning against the wall. "As you can see the area we're in is being torn to pieces, do you want to take me or survive?"

The men before her glanced at one another. Frost toyed with his pistol while Austin made his way up the escape hatch. Soft clicks could be heard as he scaled the emergency ladder up. Coward.

'What to make up now?', I think. 'Running out of ideas.'

There is a crunching behind me, and I ignore it at first. Then I realize that I'm leaning on a wall. I am grabbed, Frost and the soldiers run towards me. I feel my limbs go numb, a coldness fills my chest. Blood runs down my legs, staining my pants crimson.

Gunshots. Frost is running to me, but he can't see the corner like I can. My vision starts fading as he is bitten by the undead around the corner.

The soldiers still come. I feel the floor rush up to meet me, and I see what attacked me for the first, and last time. The Tyrant, my Tyrant. In its final form, a long scythe like protrusion under its right arm. It advances on the soldiers as I breathe my last. My eyes glaze over, the last of my blood seeps from my battered corpse.

My eyes focus. I no longer breathe, but my body still lives. I stand up, slowly. Frost battles an undead with his knife. He will win this battle.

I was right. Frost impales the undead man through the temple. He runs to me.

"Jen, are you alright? You've lost a lot of blood.", he says, his eyes wide with worry. Worry....you should be worried, Frost. I nod to him, and he is hesitant but turns toward the tyrant regardless. The soldiers are losing, as expected. Nothing can stand against my child, not even me.

Frost turns his head, his neck bleeding where the other undead bit him. So inviting...so...tempting...

I leap onto him from behind, sinking my teeth into his bare flesh. He is weary from blood loss and the previous undead. I overpower him, taking him to his knees. He mouths the word 'Why?' as I devour him.

He tasted...bland. Overused, overworked. I need to find a scientist, a tasty, tender lab rat. The tyrant continues the battle with the security team, and I shamble into the elevator with no trouble at all. The button is already pressed, so I sway lightly as the doors close and it begins to rise.

I hear shouting, cursing. Austin, I almost forgot. I hear a thud as he falls off the emergency ladder, followed by rolling. He falls almost face first into the cabin, but is caught at the waist and dangles.

He is face level with me. Judging by the look on his face, my afterlife is noticeable to him. That did not stop me from ripping his face off. He went down smooth, tender even. My memory fades more. I forget his name before I finish eating him.

I walk into the doors a few times before they open on their own. Two men back into the cabin, shooting wildly into a crowd of oncoming infected. I latch onto one, taking him to the ground.

"J-Jen?", comes a voice. I know this voice. The person in front of me is unfamiliar, but...that voice.

"Jen, it's me, William." William? Do I know him? Will he taste delicious?

"It's your husband." I look up, and turn around.

"B....irk...in", I murmur. Memories flood back faster than I can forget them, our wedding, our child, long nights of work, how romantic he was...

He has tears in his eyes. He's toying with the trigger of a pistol. "Jen, I'm so sorry.", he says, lifting it to my head.

Nothing happens. He drops the gun, and huddles down in the corner. The infected bang on the door, a dull clattering in-between Birkin's choked sobs. I want to eat him, but I can't. I want to eat the man below me, but he's cold now.

I reach for the gun, but my fingers no longer have the dexterity to hold simple objects. I scoot it closer to him. "Jen...", he whispers.

I try to speak, to tell him I forgive him, but all that comes out is a harsh moan. It sends shivers up his spine, but he complies. He picks up the gun.............presses the down button on the elevator and leaves. He climbs up the emergency hatch as the elevator goes down. The soft click of his shoes on the ladder echoes all the way down.

The unknown man I bit awakens, and the doors open. I wander aimless for what seems like forever. Someone gets out of bed to go to the bathroom, and their screams wake the others. The unknown gets one, which makes two...which makes four....sixteen...

Blood stains the ground I walk on. I hear an alarm, but can't make out what it means. I walk closer to it. It's a box, it smells like I've been in it before. I go inside and it closes around me. An elevator.

It moves up, taking me higher and higher. Eventually, it stops and a dozen or so food sources are standing before me.

"JEN NO!"

I don't feel the bullets, but I know I'm being shot. A lucky one pierces my skull, and everything goes dark. I'm still alive, in an undead sort of way. I fall, I feel everything around me, but can't do much. I feel trembling arms cradle me, hold me close and tell me I'm in a better place. I see a bite mark on his chest. Infected.

Voices tell him to put me down, and he does. He is dragged away, and he sits on the other side of the room, sobbing quietly. I am searched for supplies, my pistol being a hot commodity. They pull a picture out of an inside pocket of my labcoat, where I keep my ring and a wedding photograph. I am no longer being searched. Fresh cries break out as they hand Birkin these items. I am lain flat, with my hands on my chest. I still have ammo in other pockets, but they can't bear it any longer. A man places his hands on mine, and mutters a silent prayer. I blink, and he notices the movement. I smile, closing my eyes and he says nothing of it.

"She was the last?"
"Yeah. We're all clean." I open my eyes as Birkin says this. He pulls his labcoat on an buttons it up. "I've checked everyone, we're all clean."

I smile again. Death finally greets me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella's Downfall   Umbrella's Downfall - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Umbrella's Downfall
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2