Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Hardware Problems

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

Hardware Problems Empty
PostSubject: Hardware Problems   Hardware Problems EmptyThu Aug 27, 2009 11:48 pm

Hey guys, I'm in a bit of a dilemma.

My pc has two CD drives, and one of them is currently stuck. I suspect one of my missing
game discs is the culprit, and I dunno what the hell to really do. When you push on the
open/close button, the drive activates and the disc tray tries to come out, but it makes
this dull thud before it deactivates.

Is there anyway that I can get the tray open, or get access to the interior of the
drive to either check and see if it is the disc, or to dislodge whatever is stuck?

or am I just gonna have to buckle down and take my pc in to a repair shop?
Back to top Go down

Hardware Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Problems   Hardware Problems EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 12:36 am

I've made a list of several possible solutions to your problem.

Step 1. Press the button again.

If that doesn't work,

Step 2. Press the button yet another time.

If that doesn't work,

Step 3. Beat the fuck out of your computer until it obeys you.

- - - - -

Step 1. Get a flathead screwdriver, one that's skinny enough to fit.
Step 2. Jam it up in that bitch.
Step 3. Wiggle it around until the CD drive opens.

- - - - -

Step 1. Pray to God, and ask him for some sort of divine retribution.

If that doesn't work,

Step 2. Flipflop your allegiance to Satan and see if that does anything for you.

If that doesn't work,

Step 3. Try Praying to Allah for succor.

If that doesn't work,

Step 4. Switch to videogame gods : Saradomin, Balthazar, Dwayna, Shiva, Ramuh... Any of these could be the solution to your problem.

- - - - -

Step 1. It is possible that your pc expects something in return. Offer it sacrifices of goats, oxen, or virgin girls between the ages of 6 and 17.

If that doesn't work,

Step 2. It might prefer worldly possessions. Try offering it gifts of gold, silver, and aged mahogany relics crafted in it's image.

If that doesn't work,

Step 3. It might desire you sexually. First you must discern if it is male or female. If it is male, then there is a high probability that you will be killed by an electric discharge. Proceed with caution, and whatever you do, don't insult it.

- - - - -

Step 1. Call a repairman.
Step 2. When the repairman arrives, kill him.
Step 3. Fix your pc using the repairman's tools.

- - - - -

Step 1. Call up a friend and have him come over. Make sure you stay out of your pc's ocular range.
Step 2. Have your friend distract the pc with a witty rejoinder involving Macs.
Step 3. While it is distracted, run into the room as quickly as you can before the pc has time to react, and tackle it to the floor.
Step 4. Employ whatever torture techniques necessary to get what you want. Water-boarding is surprisingly effective.

- - - - -

Step 1. Get a newer, sexier computer.
Step 2. Set the new pc up next to the old one, and make sure you only use the newer model from then on.
Step 3. When the old computer becomes jealous/depressed enough, it will either willingly surrender it's contents or commit suicide. At this point, you may take what is yours.

- - - - -

Step 1. Appeal to your pc's sense of morality. Insist that old pictures of a recently deceased friend are stored on whatever disc happens to be in it.

If that doesn't work,

Step 2. If you have a cellphone, take it out and smash it to pieces. It is common knowledge that pcs are good friends with cell phones. Once your computer knows what it means to lose a friend, it is possible that it will give up the disc willingly.

If that doesn't work,

Step 3. Beat the fuck out of your computer until it obeys you.

- - - - -

I hope my advice helped! Smiley

Last edited by Trigger on Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

Hardware Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Problems   Hardware Problems EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 1:27 am

Take off the the casing on one side.

Remove the disc drive.

Take the disc drive in to get repaired or replaced, don't bring in your entire computer.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Hardware Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Problems   Hardware Problems EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 2:08 am

Jarki wrote:
Take off the the casing on one side.

Remove the disc drive.

Take the disc drive in to get repaired or replaced, don't bring in your entire computer.

ok so how would I go about removing the disc drive to begin with?

Quote :

Step 4. Switch to videogame gods : Saradomin, Balthazar, Dwayna, Shiva, Ramuh... Any of these could be the solution to your problem.

Angry Sarodomin? I are for Guthix.
Back to top Go down

Hardware Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Problems   Hardware Problems EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 2:34 am

W.Birkin wrote:

Angry Sarodomin? I are for Guthix.

N00b!!1
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Number of posts : 92

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

Hardware Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Problems   Hardware Problems EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:22 am

This always happens to me. Did you try restarting your computer?

If that doesn't work, go to My Computer, right click your disc drive, and click eject.

If your disc drive doesn't appear in My Computer that means you probably have already tried Trigger's list - which is a bad idea.

If you haven't done any of the actions Trigger suggested you try and your disc drive is still not appearing in My Computer, and you've already restarted your computer, try going to your control panel, click on Hardware and Sound, Device Manager, then right click on DVD/CD-ROM Drives. Then click scan for hardware changes.

If it STILL doesn't appear, then it's broken, and you can commence the actions on Trigger's list.

Small note: This is what I do on my computer, which is on Vista. It may or may not be different for other OS. Told you it was small.
Back to top Go down

Hardware Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Problems   Hardware Problems EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 7:26 am

It's different for like every model out there Birk.

Usually though, you just unplug the wire and take out the screws. XD
Back to top Go down

Hardware Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Problems   Hardware Problems EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 4:10 pm

Pfft, that's how cheaters do it.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

Hardware Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Problems   Hardware Problems EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 6:04 pm

I find Trigger's answers to be both informative and helpful. My disk drive just stuck a minute ago and I proceeded to try the first method Trigger posted.
On the second button press it opened, obviously wanting to avoid the beating that would follow.

Thank you for the advice Trigger.
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

Hardware Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Problems   Hardware Problems EmptyFri Aug 28, 2009 9:51 pm

try the screw driver idea but u dont use a screw driver since that can brake the holy disk use your fingers

press the butten when it come out that tiny bit grab it and pull

when it happens to me thats what i do it usely works
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Hardware Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Problems   Hardware Problems EmptySat Aug 29, 2009 3:57 am

That's kinda the problem. The tray doesn't come out, like. At all. D:
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

Hardware Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Problems   Hardware Problems EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 1:52 am

erm take it apart

but but rember were every thing gose and rember to take out of your tower first
Back to top Go down

Hardware Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Problems   Hardware Problems EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 2:13 pm

Ya'll are just haters.

My methods are perfectly reasonable and effective.
Back to top Go down
mr dr sir man
Survivor

Number of posts : 8

Hardware Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Problems   Hardware Problems EmptySun Aug 30, 2009 3:40 pm

chainsaw? and triggs methods are the most effective . just repeatedly hit it with large blunt objects and use the most dirty vulgar language to insult it until it gives you what you want
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Hardware Problems Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hardware Problems   Hardware Problems Empty

Back to top Go down

Hardware Problems
Page 1 of 1