Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Sword of Sacrifice

Go down 
+5
SettingSun
Imp
Wesker
Peng
fatalitywolf
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next
AuthorMessage
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2009 11:10 pm

Tinie surveyed the battlefield as far as he could see as a field medic tended to his arrow wound. It hurt a bit, but a small frost spell numbed the leg so the pain subsided. This last act depleted Tinie's last bit of magic, a feeling Tinie had never before experienced. Odd.

Dathdr noticed Tinie quite a while before Tinie noticed them. Tinie had been staring in their general direction for the last twenty minutes and had not seen them. 'Must be the elf thing', Tinie though to himself, walking over to them.

Braavos was bruised but OK, Dathdr looked at his peak, and Zak was somewhere around there, apparently.

"I would rather like to talk to you again, but I would also like to visit a temple soon.", Tinie announced. "May we meet again.."

Tinie bowed himself away from their presence, making his way towards to town.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 2:55 pm

(add points to strength and lucks)

Zak surveyed the battle, and took a long drink

"well this was a big battle but not the biggest i have ever been in and i have been in a lot let me tell you, and also where is nick, i was meaning to ask him about his magic and where it comes from"
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptyThu Feb 26, 2009 8:00 pm

So many wounded....so many dead. Cries for aid, cries for lost friends could be heard everywhere. Some cheered for the victory, some mourned the losses. Tinie had a field medic tend to his leg near the gate, and continued onward. The chapel itself had been lightly shelled, but was otherwise intact. The doors still swung open when Tinie pushed them.

The altar of the temple was near the far side, and rubble was strewed over the area. He bent down on his knees, and read the inscription. Tinie chuckled after he was finished.

"It's a sad day indeed when I find myself in a temple that does not want me. I find myself in the very lair of the goddess of human superiority. How odd.", Tinie chuckled to himself, and began his gnomish prayer. Muttering in a language that he was never taught, but born knowing. A soft breeze ruffled his robe, a reminder to him that Janova was always watching.

Tinie finished, and turned to find a soldier in the front pew. She was unarmed in church, as was the human custom. Her long black hair fell over her reddish steel armor. She was an archer by the way she sat, and by some tell tale marks on her armor.

"Janova, the patron saint of Gnomes. It is said that she herself gave birth to the first gnome, and has treated all gnomes since as her children.", she said. "Sometimes I wonder if any other god could exist, except for Daren the God of Wine."

"And how do I look upon such a scholar?", Tinie asked. "Few other than Dwarves know of such matters, and many gnomes save me are quite seclusive about the refuge."

"Gnomes are not fighters Tinie, why are you so far from home?", she said. "What force compels you to adventure? This road will only end in tragedy, and you know it."

"Something stirs in my nightmares. I cannot see the true face of the villain, nor can I foretell his intentions. Darkness threatens my brethren, and I cannot sit idly by and watch as it engulfs them.", Tinie replied. "This fort, it is a stepping stone. With it in control by people who wish peace, maybe my people will have a better chance of repelling the darkness."

The soldier was up from her seat, and embraced the gnome. Unable to do much of anything, Tinie accepted the hug with more than normal patience.

"And that is why you are my favorite.", she said, slightly sobbing. When Tinie was sat down again, the female soldier was gone.

"Hello?", a voice echoed throughout the empty church. A soft breeze ruffled his robe. The ruffling got more and more fierce until he awoke.

"Wake up, I was told to find you. Follow me.", a soldier ordered. Tinie sleepily complied.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 12:05 pm

Zak was asking around for where Nick was when i soldier came over two him

"eh, sir..." the solider stumbled over his words, wondering how to address him and Zak let out a laugh

"please, call me Zak, i am a fighter just like you."

the solider nodded more confident now

"well Zak...we think we found Nick, but its bad he wa..."

"where is he" Zak said already walking in the direction the soldier had come from, he didn't bother to check if he was being followed by his friends.

when the solider suddenly stopped and pointed at a broken and beaten body that was laying on its sides with its eyes closed

"why inset there a medic here treating him, are you stup..."

Zak then walked over to Nicks back side and saw why he wasn't being treated.

"oh, well that's why"

there was a gaping whole in the back of his head

"sir, hes dead" the solider mumbled, having resorted back to calling him sir at seeing one of his comrades dead.

"i realize that, a whole that size in the head makes it easy to tell if someones dead"

Zak then noticed there was a few tell tale sparks flying over nicks head

"but i think i can help him"

Zak then took off his right boot and reached his hand inside, pulling out a small leather bound book. he then put his boot back on and sat down and started to read allowed from the book, his voice at first was shaky, but then after a few lines, it started to take on power, getting deeper and starting to boom.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 4:02 pm

A ground shaking rumble shook Tinie. Being closer to the ground, he was able to pick up the source, Zak the wizard.

The fact that there was a large electrical orb hovering over a mutilated corpse, and lightning shooting off of it was also a good cause to find it.

The orb grew steadily larger over time, and the nearby soldiers vacated the area.

"What in the name of Janova....", Tinie whispered to himself.

The orb lowered itself to the ground, and touched the corpse on the ground. It and the body sank into a small blue pool. The pool grew upward into a pillar of sorts, and began flattening itself out. It stood as a blue door about the size of a man. Zak thrust his hand inside.

Out was pulled a man. Coughing and wheezing, he lay outside of the portal. The doorway began to sink back into a puddle when it spiked viciously. Zak looked generally worried at this new event, and readied his knife.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptySat Feb 28, 2009 11:55 pm

- - Barthathos - -

"... What the fuck do you mean, 'you were defeated'?" Barth asked in a voice that shook with rage, but a facial expression that denied he felt anything at all.

The messenger's next sentence caught in his throat, which was immediately opened with a snap of the king's fingers.

As the bearer of bad news went limp to the floor, Barth drummed his fingers on his throne, wishing he hadn't bothered to return to the capitol.

"Why in the name of FUCK must I do EVERYTHING myself?!" He asked. No one in his throne room answered him.

Upon receiving no answered, the king stood from his seat, donned his jacket, and killed everyone in the area within the reach of his thoughts. He had never been sure why he kept advisers. He didn't heed their "advice" anyway. Perhaps it was better that they were dead.

Plus... Their blood decorated his hall quite nicely. This he noted as he disappeared into the blue, once again. And he meant not to return until he had his answers.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 3:32 pm

“Look there,” said the old smiling man timidly.

Zyllus looked through the woods to see a large stag grazing in a field. He took an arrow from his pack and drew his bow. The stag was shocked as pain bolted through him and slowly he fell to the ground after running a short distance.

Zyllus took after him and knelt down beside the stag staring at the blood seep with a morbid fascination for it.

“Father!” he said pulling out the arrow and gripping it in his hand and smiling, “We will eat plenty tonight!”

“Good job my son!” shouted his father still standing where they had been hiding.

Zyllus took out his blade and was preparing to cut the stag down when he noticed a dark purple object dug up from its home in the ground by one of the fallen stag’s horns. Zyllus picked it up and looked at it curiously. It was a small purple gem that sparkled even when covered with soil.

Kill

Whispered a voice in his head as he continued to look at the gem.

Kill.. Kill… Kill… KILL.. KILL!! KILL!! KIIIIILLL!!!!

The voice came louder and Zyllus gripped his ears and gritted his teeth.
------
Zyllus stood up looking behind him at the man standing there. He was shaking as he stood looking at the man his hair in his eyes and blood on his hands. Slowly he walked to the man who was now looking back at him confused.

“Is there something wrong?” said the old man looking at Zyllus.

Zyllus lifted his head and brushed the hair out of his left eye. His eye glared red and he body still shook violently.

“What has happened to you?”

“Kill.”

Zyllus lunged the arrow into the old man’s throat. The old man gurgled and choked up blood as he was slowly lowered to the ground. Zyllus bent his head to the side and smiled at the peacefulness of the now dead man. He reached out to close the man’s eyes then stood back up. The gem began to tingle his hand and Zyllus watched as something inside it rippled like water.
---
The village wasn’t far from were they had been hunting. Zyllus had reached the small village while there was a small amount of daylight still left. The blood on his hands had now dried and he looked back at the people who stared at him as he walked by. Something about the people made him sick; he was unsure what is was though. Zyllus walked over to the blacksmith’s shop and went into the building.

“What is it young Zyllus?” said the blacksmith washing his hands in a bucket of water.

”A want a sword,” he said extaticly.

“Why do you need a sword?” said the blacksmith looking at him curiously, “You plan to join the guard?”

“No!” he said laughing, “It’s to kill you silly (<3)”

Zyllus grabbed a sword from the table and lunged it into the blacksmiths chest before he could reply. Zyllus took a moment to watch the man die then took another blade and walked outside.

A woman walking by was swiftly beheaded and a man was stabbed threw the jaw. Zyllus knocked over a torch setting a building on fire. Another man ran at him with a pitchfork but Zyllus sidestepped and stabbed him through the chest. A farmer attempted to run away but his skull was split by the sword. A woman cried out and Zyllus slowly pushed the blade into her stomach then cut her throat. The gem continued to tingle after every person fell. Zyllus slowly began to smile now covered completely in blood and cut threw each person in the village until none were left standing…

Zyllus left the village after setting it on fire then set out toward the castle to seek the king; but first he needed to seek a place to rest. Zyllus set out to the nearest place he could think of… McAlesworth.
--

As Zyllus reached his destination he quickly found an inn to stay at. Tomorrow he would ask around town about where he would most likely find the king.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 5:03 pm

- -Barthathos- -

"What's the point of having subjects if you have to do all the work yourself?" Barthathos grumbled to himself as the smoky remains of Fort McAlesworth appeared in the distance.

Despite his aggravation towards his incompetent military, he was nonetheless pleased with the fun he was about to enjoy.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 5:37 pm

(Having a wizard gnome stopped being as amazing around page 35. The thing we are fighting looks like this).

Tinie's Demise

A tail burst through the portal and sent Zak sprawling. A hulking beast emerged where the tail ended. Masses of muscle and bone rippled across the thing, and the wings seemed to pulsate. Twenty times the size of a man, it stood proud and hideous. Nick lay helpless on the ground near the portal.

"The void was none too kind", the thing uttered.

"Sweet baby Janova!", Tinie shouted for no particular reason. "Its Kixxen!"

Zak began firing blasts of fire at Kixxen the Plane Shifter, but he laughed and shrugged them off. Zak turned to the other elements, but they did little better. Tinie drew his dagger and stabbed the back of the creatures leg to hopefully kill it with no effort at all. It didn't work. Kixxen didn't even notice the attack. He spread his wings, and took flight.

Tinie hung onto the back of the leg with all the strength in his body. It was fairly easy to hold onto, plenty of leg muscles to grab, but a single move would now send him plummeting to his death.

Tinie shot an ice spell, aiming for a wing to maybe slow the creature down or make it land. Both wings were frozen together and the creatures wings became useless. Tinie and Kixxen flailed towards the open ocean at a high rate of speed.

They crashed heavily into the water, sinking into the dark depths. Tinie felt soft hands pushing him towards the surface. Choking and coughing up water, Tinie looked around for Kixxen. Something that horrendous wouldn't be defeated with just water.

After a half hour, Tinie began to think that water could kill Kixxen, and by the hour Tinie was sure Kixxen was dead. Water nymphs twittered around the ice mass that Tinie had created.

After two hours on the water, the water nymphs became bored of the gnome and his constant chattering and left.

'I can see Sof', Tinie thought to himself. The water around Tinie was getting a little rough.

Tentacles as large as mountains burst from the water, and Tinie knew why Kixxen hadn't come up, and why the nymphs had left. Tinie said and did nothing as they formed a circle above him and lowered him into the octopuses mouth.

Tinie is dead
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 6:27 pm

"By gummy, what ha'e I gotten meself into now?" Horker the Porker said to himself as he rode atop a tortoise named Torty, in the middle of the sea. "I say, lad, might you let me off upon dry lan'? Me hooves 'ave grown soggy."

The tortoise only shook his head slowly and responded, "I'm afrai' not. I'm late for me appointment with a certain fishy bloke along the trench of Kalamazoo."

Horker frowned. Pigs weren't particularly adept at breathing underwater, especially in trenches. "Well wha' abou' me? I 'ave appointments of me own, and I'll miss them all if I'm to be found along the trench of Kalamazoo!" Horker retorted, prancing back and forth on the tortoise's back. Torty tried to think of an acceptable compromise, but was interrupted by an eruption of water and waves from beneath them.

Horker and Torty found themselves atop the tentacle of a ferocious octopus, and it looked rather hungry.

Horker the Porker vs. The Octopus

___COMMENCE___

"Oh, dirty bollucks!" Horker exclaimed, not expecting such an unwelcome interruption. "Excuse me lan'uage." he immediately said, in apology.

"Alas, this is a right nasty pickle we find ourselves in." Torty commented, searching lazilly for a method of escape.

"Not to worry lad, I've got a plan, see?" Horker responded, rooting inside his backpack with his snout. Finding his dynamite, he pulled it out and lit it with his hooves.

"Ah, that should do nicely." Torty said, agreeing with Horker's use of explosives. Horker responded with a muffled "Indeed," the dynamite in his mouth making it difficult to speak.

He then then tossed the dynamite into the open mouth of the abrasive octopus, which promptly exploded in a blinding torrent of blood and chunks of octopus innards.

Horker and Torty where launched through the air, however they landed nicely, with Torty on his stomach, and Horker still atop his friends' shell.

"Well, I'm certainly glad tha' was resolved quickly." Horker said, sighing in relief. Torty only nodded in agreement and continued on his way to the trench of Kalamazoo.

___CONCLUDE___

Horker the Porker gained 4500 bolsa

Horker the Porker gained seven levels
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 6:57 pm

Dathdr went for more whiskey, when he heard a great commotion outside. Stepping out, he saw a great demon fly off with the gnome who had brought the cannon. He also saw a scared sh*tless Zak and Nick, cowering on the ground. Dathdr tossed them a bottle of whiskey, then stepped up to a merchant and replenished his arrow supplies. He sensed danger nearby.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 7:36 pm

- - Barthathos - -

Barthathos grinned awkwardly, touching the wall of the oversized fort with his left hand. "What novices... There aren't even any sentries on the walls..." He though to himself. He wandered how shocked they would be if they knew their hated enemy was right next to them...

Suddenly, Barth heard a noise from behind. Turning around to address the disturbance, he found a black haired man with a purple gem in hiselaborate armour. "Will you allow me to assist you in your battle?" the man asked, as if he were requesting the time of day.

Barth was caught off guard, he definitely hadn't been expecting help so close to his enemies. Barthathos smiled and replied, "Oh, and what makes you think I need help?"

The odd man only remained silent.

The king was intrigued. He decided NOT to kill the odd fellow who had interrupted his musings. "So do you have a name?" he asked, folding his arms.

"Zyllus." the man replied, unblinking.

Barth was silent for a minute, before continuing, "Very well, Zyllus. Just don't get in my way."

And thus, Barth turned back to the wall, placed his left palm on it, and blew a hole in it the size of an elephant, liquefying several people who had been on the wrong end of the blast.

Screaming ensued.

Weapons were drawn.

Last edited by Trigger on Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 8:01 pm

Zak stood, then almost fell down, he was going hypoglycemic, the revival had burn all of his glucose reserves.

struggling he picked nick up off the ground and got him to a med tent. the nurse tried to get his name but he just kept walking, towards the smell of food. if he did not get some sugar soon, he would die, horribly and painfully of being burned inside out. when he got in the tent he manged to down 3 bowls of stew before there was a crash in the distance, feeling slightly better he ran of to find out what it was.
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Dathdr was just strolling back to the medical tent when a large explosion was heard. Bodies where flying through the air. Dathdr saw Braavos limping from the tent, and Dathdr removed an arrow, cut his palm, and set off, aiming for the head of whatever was attacking.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 12:36 am

The McAlesworth Massacre

The clouds began to darken, and the rain came soon after, accentuated by the low rumble of thunder in the distance. An ominous sign indeed, especially after such an enormous victory had been won.

And then without warning, explosions rang out, however the sound was quickly deafened by the screams that followed.

"Alright, prepare to be annihilated, you aggravating fucks!" Barthathos shouted, his voice echoing for miles. Drawing his blades, he immediately began sending forth waves upon waves of pulsating death at whomever he met. Every slash of the blade in his right hand sent forth indescribably destructive red and black explosions of pure energy, severing and incinerating all that they touched.

By the time the first cries of "The king, it's the king!" and "To arms!" could be shouted, Barthathos had already obliterated thirty people, their mangled, burning skeletons lying in puddles of their melted, stinking body tissues. Barthathos laughed in response, taking a deep pleasure in the anguish they felt as he took their lives. His hair, his face, his eyes, his entire countenance took on a wild, ecstatic euphoria as he lost himself in the massacre.

Several families had followed the Patriots at a distance, not wanting to part with their husbands, and they all had entered the safety of the fort after the siege had concluded. However, It didn't matter who they were to Barth. Within the first minute, he had already smashed in a pregnant woman's skull with his fist, and beheaded a small child. He took especial pleasure as he watched their facial expressions switch from the desperate pleading look as they begged for their lives, to the shocked, excruciating gasp they both adopted right before they died.

The Patriots had no time to form a competent resistance, or even organize in the least bit. The king's rage was too fast, and for all intents and purposes, defeat was assured from the beginning. Row after row of buildings and men alike were destroyed in a haze of violence.

Barth's vision began to blur from all the rain and blood on his face, sending him into an even deeper frenzy, just barely shy of going full berserk. In his fervor, he filled the area with craters, as his unstable energy began causing random, devastating explosions. By that time, all of the siege weapons were either ablaze, or already ashen, and many of the Patriots had begun to flee. None got away though, as all of the escapees where brutally ripped apart by Zyllus.

Even Bisiteros and Borneos fell victim, both of whom had engaged the mad king in the name of all they had lost. However, one brother was cut in half at the hip, burning as he fell, and the other brother's body, above the chest, was blown off. It would afterward be impossible to identify which body was which.

It all happened so fast, Braavos and his companions could do little themselves. Although Braavos never saw his brothers die, something in the pit of his stomach told him that they were no longer alive. Tears filled his eyes.

Suddenly, he felt a pulling on his arm, and he turned around to see Nick pulling at him, shouting something about "getting the hell out of here."

Braavos was forced to comply. He knew there was nothing he could do.

As they all began to flee, an explosion cracked across the ground next to them, badly burning Dathdr and Zak, the latter of which was hurt too badly to move. Scrambling over to them, Nick and Braavos helped the two up, and together they continued running, although Zak had to be supported.

As they fled, Nick led them out through the sewer entrance, and they soon found themselves outside the deadly confines of the fort, fleeing, with the screams of the dead at their backs.

And thus, they ran north. On the verge of openly crying, Braavos swore his vengeance to every god he had ever heard of.

It wasn't long until the screams stopped, and the sound of thunder and rain were the only things to be heard.

Last edited by Trigger on Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 4:15 pm

Zyllus felt a joy he had never felt before watching heads explode and the innocent ripped apart piece by piece. Some would make it by Barthathos' rage and Zyllus would delightfully split them in half with his sword. When the massacre was over Zyllus was shaking all over and a smile creep on his face. A longing for more blood shed crawled up his spine and he looked at his new King sheathing his blade.

"I think I saw a group of survivors run off before being killed," said Zyllus wiping the blood off his face, "I shall head after them and hunt them down like pigs unless you have more urgent matters for me to attend to."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 4:47 pm

- - Barthathos - -

As his last enemy fell, a scraggly young man with a newly earned hole in his brain, Barthathos sheathed his blades slowly. A deep hearty laugh emanated from him, as if he had just won a drinking game, or heard an exceedingly amusing joke.

Wiping the blood from his face, his eyes flashed in all directions, searching for some sign of life. "Well done." He said to his companion, as he brushed a bit of liver or kidney off his cloak.

"I think I saw a group of survivors run off before being killed," Zyllus responded, "I shall head after them and hunt them down like pigs unless you have more urgent matters for me to attend to."

That explained why Barth hadn't seen Braavos or his companions during the fight, although he had killed two men that looked surprisingly similar.

He began licking the blood from his left hand as he replied, "No, we'll let them go."

He smiled.

"Sometimes surviving can be a greater torture than death." He added after several seconds of silence.

Barth turned to gaze at his new companion, looking him over, and noting the odd smile on the man's face. "Your smile is the same as mine." the king commented, grinning again, "It's the smile of one who enjoys killing."

He laughed again, turning and walking towards the entrance he had previously made in the wall.

"For the time being, nothing in particular requires my immediate attention."

He looked over his shoulder at Zyllus.

"How would you like to go elf hunting?"
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 5:00 pm

Dathdr limped with Braavos, while Nick helped Zak along, as the woe ridden group hid in the woodland next to the burning Mcalesworth. Dathdr was suffering from several burns he had received from the kings magic, but he took it all in stride. Braavos, on the other hand, was devastated. Dathdr walked up to him, and said, "Friend. Think not of the present, but of what we must do next. We must find a healer, and plan our next action."
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 5:05 pm

- -Braavos- -

Braavos was too shocked to react with any particular type of emotion, so he merely nodded, and pulled out his map and compass, holding them in surprisingly steady hands.

"... Northeast... Delfure..." Were the only words that successfully reached his lips. Stowing his items, he began heading that way.

They were in for quite a trip, and they were in no condition for it.
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 5:18 pm

The trip went by fast, but silent. The haggard group traveled at all hours, taking no time to rest, and stealing a wagon from a farmer taking a leak. Finally, after about a days travel, they arrived in Delfure, desperate for aid. They found a small cottage on the outskirts of town, where they saw a young women tending to her garden. Raising a hand, Dathdr wondered out, saying, "Hail, young maiden. I beg of you for aid, for we are refugees from Mcalesworth. We hold no ties to the empire."

The women, to scared to say no, nodded, and Dathdr motioned toward the treeline, where Nick helped Zak out of the bushes, but when, Braavos exited, he froze in place, staring at the women in disbelief. Dropping his pack, Braavos whispered, "Kellen?"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 5:55 pm

Unexpected twist! =O Nice one, Austin.

- - Cecil - -

"C'mon, you wimp!" Cecil shouted, his red hair gently blowing in the wind. Despite being a mere four years of age, he was certainly precocious. "Aw... Bugger of." His twin sister Colin shouted back, breathlessly. They had been running through the woods collecting berries for a pie for the past several hours, and were on their way home. Cecil had filled his bucket full, but had since eaten most of the berries, whereas Colin's bucket was still full, and was weighing her down quite a bit.

Cecil stuck his tongue out at her.

"I'm gonna tell mom you ate all of yours, and she'll be mad at you!" Colin said, her red cheeks puffing up in indignation. Quick as a flash, Cecil reached over and grabbed a chunk of berries out of his sister's bucket, and proceeded to jam them in his mouth. Colin squealed, dropped her bucket, and immediately chased her brother, who fled, shouting and laughing at the same time.

- - Braavos - -

"...Kellen?" Braavos asked incredulously, taking a step forward. The blond haired woman before him took a step back at the same time. "I... I never thought to see you here..." Kellen responded, not quite sure what she should be feeling. Braavos was about to inquire about his children, but he only hung his head in shame. He had no right to see them, nor did he want his children to see the father that had never cared to even visit them.

"Please give my friends refuge for the night... I... I'll sleep outside with the wagon."

Neither spoke for a moment, until Kellen shook her head and replied, "No, you'll sleep in the house. You have much to account for."

Braavos hung his head again. At the very least, he owed her some answers.

Suddenly, a raucous noise sounded from behind as two blurs came barreling from the forestry. Before he even knew what was going on, Braavos had been barreled over by two little shouting children.

Landing in a pile, it took Braavos a few seconds to realize that the children on top of him looked just like he did. They were his kids... His.

He barely managed not to tear up.

Rising to his knee, he stared at them awkwardly for a few moments. Apparently, the kids had somehow connected the dots in their minds. Two cries of "Daddy!" filled the air at the same time as Braavos was knocked back to the grounds, his children hugging his neck tightly.

They were unnaturally strong for children their age, but even if he had been strangled to death, Braavos would have died happy.
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 6:11 pm

Dathdr's heart warmed at the sight of Braavos's reunion, but the pain of his wounds forced him into town to buy supplies. He bought some herbs for his burns, several bottles of cheap whiskey, some food, and various medical supplies, accounting for a total of 86 bolsa. On the walk back to the cottage, Dathdr found a good sized log, and proceeded to carve it with his dagger.

By the time he reached the cottage, he had carved a a small wooden horse, with such detail that you expected it to leap up and prance around at the drop of a hat. He entered the house, and saw Braavos on the floor with his two children, and tossed him a bottle of whiskey and the wooden horse to the children. Dathdr then passed out, knocking over a small table.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 6:26 pm

Zak having been ignored after Braavos's reunion, zak manged to crawl into town draging Nick behind where he got medcal treatment it cost him 25 bolsa to get his worst wounds healed then he spent 75 bolsa to get him to good health, (100 health) he then used his health draught. he then sold his two iron weapons and his two steel weapons and braught a Mithril spell book.

he then made his way back to his friends feeling much better
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 10:55 am

"so how are you feeling?" nick said to zak.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 7:01 pm

- -Braavos- -

The initial barrage of hugs over, Braavos and the kids followed Kellen into the house as Zak went off in the direction of what was most likely a traveling merchant. He had a knack for finding that sort of thing. It was a charming house, cozy and unnaturally clean, considering that two young children lived there.

"So what are your names?" Braavos asked, sitting down on a comfy blue couch, while his comrades made themselves at home, although they were careful not to appear too assuming. They were in a stranger's house after all. As Braavos thought to himself how odd it was for him to ask his kids such a question, Kellen began fussing around in the kitchen, apparently brewing tea.

"Cecil." The boy with the neck-length hair said, holding out an arm, and sticking his thumb towards himself. His initial smile had disappeared, and had been replaced by a tough expression, most likely in an attempt to show off in front of daddy. The girl on the other hand had long hair, and was quite red in the face. She was the shy type, apparently. Realizing that she wasn't going to be answering, Cecil pulled on a tuft of her bangs and said, "This one's Colin." The girl made and indignant noise and began fussing with her hair, but made no attempt at vengeance.

Braavos smiled. "You remind me of your uncle, Belidos." He said to the boy, poking him in the forehead as punishment for being mean to his sister. Cecil glared and nearly fell backwards from the unexpected poke as Braavos turned to the girl. "And you remind me of your uncle Baulkos." She tilted her head, unsure if that was a good thing or a bad thing. "Baulkos is the shy one of the family, but he's actually the smartest and strongest out of us all." He answered, feeling nostalgiac. Colin smiled, and Cecil puffed up, it being his turn to be indignant

"You know, I have two brothers, twins, only about a year older than I," Braavos continued. "They seem to be quite the opposite of you two. You see, they're exactly alike." He smiled again, glad that they didn't resemble Bhos and Balos. They were... Creepy to say the least.

The kids were silent, listening with everything their little attention spans could muster. Braavos was glad they didn't ask him anything painful, like why he never showed up on birthdays. As far as children went, they were very easy to talk to. At least Cecil was, since Colin was quite content with silence. It was an odd feeling as well, almost as if Braavos had spoken to the boy before.

"Tea's ready. I made enough for everyone." Kellen said, suddenly appearing in the room carrying a tray filled with piping hot cups of beige colored liquid. Kellen wore an uncanny smile, almost as if she didn't have the deadbeat father of her two children under the same roof as her.

"So tell me about yourselves, she said addressing Braavos' companions. Dathdr had since woken up, and Zak had returned from his business.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sword of Sacrifice   Sword of Sacrifice - Page 25 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sword of Sacrifice
Page 25 of 26Go to page : Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26  Next