Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Maplestory

Go down 
+10
biggy
fatalitywolf
Wesker
Imp
Col Awesome
Claude01
Peng
Synyster Gates
Austin Powers
Uvana
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

Maplestory - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:40 am

Trigger wrote:
Trigger's mother is fake and gay

I find Neo Steam to be quite enjoyable.
Back to top Go down
biggy
White Devil
biggy

Number of posts : 7

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 11:50 am

i bet i do on my balls wow wow!
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 10:47 am

Maplestory encountered a fatal error trying to open. Its the automatic update system, it isn't automatically updating. I removed it and do not plan to download it again.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 6:32 pm

o.o

I could have told you how to fix it...
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:13 pm

he has been liberated!
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:32 pm

I'll try again in a week or so. I know I'll play again when Aran Pirates come out.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 7:57 pm

Yay! But that'll be awhile.

Evans come out in a couple of weeks. They're basically mages with giant dragons that follow them around, burning, electrocuting, and freezing things to death.
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 9:46 pm

wait. is the aran rogue out?
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptyMon Mar 15, 2010 11:36 pm

Aran was a warrior, and the first legendary hero, released just before Christmas. Evan is a magician, and is on the verge of being released. Ian or Ivan (The legendary bowman) is currently in production. Ochan and Utan are the pirate and thief (though I don't know which is which, and those names are not 100% confirmed) are still quite a ways from release.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:37 am

Well, try and say when the better pirates come out.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 6:00 pm

It won't be better entirely, but it will definitely be better in certain areas.

The legendary pirate will wield two guns, so I assume it'll be more of an attacker, and less of a supporter.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 8:48 pm

The difficulty is supposed to be higher for them.

Plus, duel wielding flintlock pistols is the most amazing thing I have ever heard.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 16, 2010 10:51 pm

That's not confirmed either. Our only evidence is this pictures, which depicts all five of the legendary heroes.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=szgygj&s=5

Since none of the others look like pirates, we have to assume that the one with both of his arms pointed toward the bad guy is the pirate.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2010 7:49 pm

well i just downloaded it today. Havnt started up yet.

*looks at trigger*

Mind explaining the classes/jobs again. I read the first post but thats too general of information. Can you explain the following again.

Class Tree:
Ex: Adventurer -> Blah -> final
Adventurer -> 2nd Blah -> 2nd Final
Aran -> Aran Blah -> Aran Final

well you get the idea.

Small decription of each final like 1-3ish sentences.

---------------------

I know is alot to ask but i kinda want to get my choice right the first time. I do know a few things though to lessen the burden.

1. I dont need to know about "bows" not guns bows, guns im very interested in.
2. I dont want a mage.
3. i like spears.
4. I saw something about dragons, i dont like em Tongue
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2010 8:09 pm

1. Guns are decent enough weapons, but you have to run around a lot.
2. Some magics are good. As a pirate, I had some kick ass fighting moves. They use magic.
3. Never tried them. They seem good enough.
4. Dragons are Evan pets.

You described the class tree pretty well, DEK.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2010 8:13 pm

I talked with triger about it before but it was in the chatbox so i dont have any details anymore. I need to decide what class im gonna take and i want to get it right the first time, with not having much time and all to play much in the future... would be hard to start over
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2010 8:18 pm

You should be a knight, then. They level up quickly, so if you do screw up, its not much time wasted.

With knights in mind, and your list:

1. Likes guns
2. Hates Mages
3. Likes spears
4. Hates dragons

I would suggest: Cygus Knights-Dawn Warrior.

The spear is a warrior weapon, so you should get weapon related skills.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:18 pm

Horrible grammar ahead. This beast is way too long to warrant any editing or revising.

The first thing you need to know about picking a character, is that all jobs fit into one of three categories.

Cygnus Knight - Cygnus Knights cap at level 120, but they gain powerful skills early. They are superior to Adventurers below roughly level 150. Simply put, Cygnus Knights gain power early on, but have the least potential in the end. As a Cygnus Knight, you can pick between five different classes. This is the category for casual Maple-players. Their mounts resemble fetal ostriches, and I hate them.

Dawn Warrior - A sword-wielding character that uses the "holy" element for more damage. It gains skills similar to a Hero (The final form of an Adventurer sword-user.) Additionally, it has a skill called Flash Jump, which effectively gives it more mobility than its Adventurer counterparts.

Wind Archer - A bow-wielding character that uses the "wind" element for more damage. It gains skills similar to a Bowmaster (The final form of an Adventurer bow-user.) Additionally, it has a skill that resembles Dark Sight, which is a thief skill that makes you invincible for a limited amount of time, though you can deal no damage while in this state.

Thunder Breaker - A Knuckle-wielding character that uses the "lightning" element for more damage. It gains skills similar to a Buccaneer (The final form of an Adventurer knuckle-user.) Additionally, it gains incredibly powerful lightning-based final attacks that actually allows it to surpass its Adventurer counterpart (Even at level 200) when battling enemies that are weak to lightning.

Night Walker - A shuriken-wielding character that uses the "dark" element for more damage. It gains skills similar to a Night Lord (The final form of an Adventurer shuriken-user.) Additionally, it has a skill called Vampire, which effectively heals it as it attacks. However, of all the Cygnus Knights, it has the fewest number of offensive skills differentiating it from its Adventurer counterpart.

Blaze Wizard - A fire-magician character that uses the "fire" element for more damage. It gains skills similar to a F/P Archmage (The final form of an Adventurer fire-magician, though the adventurer can also use poison, hence the name F/P.) Additionally, it gains a wide-range mobbing attack early on, allowing it to dominate its enemies. It trains faster than any other class in the entire game.

Adventurer - Adventurers cap at level 200, and for the longest time, was the only character category in all of Maplestory. Adventurers have the greatest range for customization, and are by far the most versatile. This is the category for hardcore Maple-players. They have two different hog mounts, and then a dragon mount for high-leveled players.

WARRIORS

Swordsman -> Fighter -> Crusader -> Hero - This path will see you using either swords or axes, though most people choose swords. This is currently the best solo-bossing class in the entire game, though Paladins will soon be tying them after the balance patch. They have massive HP, and skills that minimize the damage dealt to them, while deflecting it at their enemies. Their final attack is a skill called Brandish, which gives them the fourth best DPS in the entire game. Wanted for most bossing parties.

Swordsman -> Spearman -> Dragon Knight -> Dark Knight - This path will see you using spears or polearms, though most people go for the build that allows them to use both, since both weapons are useful in different situations. This class deals the least damage of the three, but it has a party skill that is utterly VITAL to the success of any boss run. Therefore, they are extremely popular for parties. Additionally, they get their final attacks in their third job (Dragon Knight) as opposed to the fourth job like the other two classes. Therefore, they level the fastest. This is the path I chose. Wanted for all parties, ESPECIALLY bossing parties..

Swordsman -> Page -> White Knight -> Paladin - This path will see you using swords or blunted weapons, though most people go with swords. This class has mastery over all the elements, which allows them to surpass the Hero in certain situations. They have massive HP, and skills that minimize the damage dealt to them, while deflecting it at their enemies. This is the least populated class in all of Maplestory, since Heroes are generally superior (soon to change) and this path is EXTREMELY slow to level. Not wanted for parties.

BOWMEN -

Bowman -> ???-> Ranger -> Bowmaster - This class will see you using bows. It is extremely slow to level, and you cannot attack at close range, which is horrible. However, for those that can tough it out, they gain an extremely useful party skill in their fourth job, and an epic attacking skill that gives them the third best DPS in the entire game. Wanted for parties once they hit 4th job.

Bowman -> ??? -> Sniper -> Marksman - This class is virtually identical to the bow-users, except they use crossbows, which deal slightly more damage at a slightly slower rate. The difference between the two is negligible, though most people pick bow-users, since bows are agreed to be sexier. Wanted for parties once they hit 4th job.

MAGICIANS -

??? -> I/L Magician -> I/L Mage -> I/L Archmage - This class will see you using Ice and Lightning spells. They gain power earlier than the F/P mages do, which is why people like them more, though both mages balance out in the end. Like all mages, they gain epic screen-destroying skills, though these aren't useful against bosses. Not wanted for parties.

??? -> F/P Magician -> F/P Mage -> F/P Archmage - This class will see you using fire and poison spells. They take longer than I/L mages to come into their power, so they aren't very popular. Not wanted for parties.

??? -> Cleric -> Priest -> Bishop - This class will see you healing yourself and your friends, while casting buffs and other helpful spells. Ironically, until very recently, they even dealt more damage than Archmages, since the endgame training area is full of enemies that are weak to holy magic. However, this is no longer the case, and they now do less damage. Still, this class is very popular. Since they can heal themselves, they use almost no healing potions, making them the cheapest class to maintain. If a Cleric and a Spearman team up, they are pretty much invincible. Wanted for all parties, except those going against the few bosses that cast Zombify, which makes healing magic hurt.

THIEVES -

Rogue -> Assassin -> Hermit -> Night Lord - This class will see you using shuriken. They have the most mobility in the entire game with haste, which increases your speed and jumping height. They also have flash jump. Additionally, they have a skill called dark sight, which makes them invincible for a certain amount of time, though they cannot attack in this state. Until recently, they had the highest DPS in the entire game. Now they are ranked second. The are widely hated due to the elitist stigma that exists within this class. The only downside is they have poor mobbing skills, and are very slow to level after a certain point. They are wanted for all parties, since haste is a party skill, and they have epic single-target damage, making them ideal for bosses.

Rogue -> Bandit -> Chief Bandit -> Shadower - This class will see you using daggers or cutters. They have a large amount of mobility, since they too have haste. However, they do not have flash step. Like assassins, they also have Dark Sight. They have the most avoidability in the entire game. With the skill Meso Explosion, they can do the most damage in one fell swoop in the entire game, though it can be tricky to pull off, and is only useful against bosses. Also, it is expensive, since the skill involves blowing up money. In the greatest upset in Maplestory history, they will soon be utterly replaced by a new class called Dual Bladers, which will be explained later. They are wanted for all non-bossing parties, since haste is a party skill. They are wanted for certain bossing parties as well, but are generally ignored.

Rogue -> Semi Dualer -> Dualer -> Dual Master -> Slasher -> Dual Blader - Don't let the classification fool you. This class is no normal Adventurer. It is brand new. So new, that it hasn't even reached American servers yet. Unlike other adventurers, Dual Bladers have a storyline, much like Legendaries. In a nutshell, Dual Bladers can do everything Bandits can do, but better and faster. They even have Flash Jump. The only downside is that this class can only be made during a 3-month period (thankfully,) and has way less avoidability and HP than Bandits. Unfortunately, the HP problem can be fixed through a long and expensive process called "HP washing," which, if done correctly, makes them completely superior to bandits in all ways. Dual Bladers even have more than 4 job advancements, and massive screen-destroying mob attacks to boot, effectively making them superior to every class in the game. Basically, they are jesus, and I have no idea what derivative of crack Wizet was smoking when they added this class to the game. At least they can only be made during a 3-month period. Presumably, they will be wanted in every single party.

PIRATES - (A relatively new addition to Maplestory. I haven't memorized their names.)

??? -> ??? -> ??? -> Buccaneer - This class will see you using knuckle weapons. They are considered the most fun melee class, since they have a wide variety of attacks to use. However, their DPS doesn't hold up against a warrior. They are wanted in some parties, because of a decent party skill they have.

??? -> ??? -> ??? -> Corsair - This class will see you using guns. They have the highest DPS in the entire game. They will be wanted in all bossing parties, though there aren't very many high-level corsairs yet.

Legendary - Legendaries cap at level 200, and are the newest addition to Maplestory. Legendaries have the least versatility, requiring that you play in a certain manner in order to unlock their potential. This is the category for Maple-players looking for something new. Though they are said to have more potential than Adventurers, that superiority is purely situational. Additionally, Legendaries have their own storylines, and special mounts. Legendaries must unlock their skills by doing quests.

Arans - The legendary warrior. Their mount is a wolf that changes in appearance every 50 levels. A standard aran attack can hit up to twelve enemies, though the damage is divided evenly among however many you hit. This is currently the best solo-nonbossing class in the entire game. They have a special combo ability, which increases their damage as the combo rises. At maximum combo, they have even more DPS than Heroes, though that combo is difficult to maintain; practically impossible against bosses. They are wanted for certain parties.

Evans - The legendary magician. Their mount is their dragon. The Evan's special niche is that it is constantly followed by a dragon that grows as you level up. All of your attacks are performed through the dragon, and unlike normal mages, you can use all elemental spells. Interestingly, Evans have a skill that heals MP, though they don't have the healing spells that clerics are blessed with. Unlike Adventurer mages, Evans can only attack in front of them. Evans have better damage, and are more effective against bosses. But then again, attacker-mages never really were welcome at bosses, and Evans lack the screen-destroying skills associated with Adventurer mages. Basically, Evans are better sometimes, but then again, sometimes they aren't. Higher leveled Evans are sometimes wanted in non-bossing parties, since their MP-healing party skill is useful.

Legendary Bowman - Currently being designed, though little is known.

Legendary Thief - Might not be made, due to the creation of Dual Bladers.

Legendary Pirate - An engineer class is in the works. It creates mechs and other machines, which it rides into battle. People speculate that this is the legendary pirate, though nothing is confirmed.

Phew!! That's all you need to know about picking a class.

Last edited by Trigger on Sun May 30, 2010 2:15 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:19 pm

Pest02 wrote:
You should be a knight, then. They level up quickly, so if you do screw up, its not much time wasted.

With knights in mind, and your list:

1. Likes guns
2. Hates Mages
3. Likes spears
4. Hates dragons

I would suggest: Cygus Knights-Dawn Warrior.

The spear is a warrior weapon, so you should get weapon related skills.

Dawn Warriors can only use swords.

Or rather, they can use spears, but they won't be able to activate any of their skills.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:44 pm

Thanx Trig your the best! +3 awesome points for you

I'm deciding between:

Dawn Warrior - I like the fact its made for casual players and not full timers. Though a warrior without spear skills is a bit of a downer.

Dark Knight - Spears FTW, though it seems like they'd be hard to use soloing.

Dual Blader - Sounds amazing but um whats the 411 on this thing, it's only temporary?

Aran - I like the soloing aspect of it, since when i do find time to play later one im guessing i wont be doing much teamwork. What weps do they use?
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:55 pm

Arans use polearms.

Dual Bladers can only be made during a 3-month period, but your character isn't deleted after that period is up. You just lose the ability to make new Dual Bladers. It's weird.

Dark Knights definitely require more skill. In their 4th job, they gain a skill called berserk, which doubles their damage (Allowing them to rival Heroes) when their health is below 50%. However, this can be tricky, since you have to make sure not to overpot, or neglect to pot so much that you get killed. This usually isn't a major issue, except when trying to use Berserk against one of the more powerful bosses. For instance, Pink Bean can kill you in one hit if your health is below, like, 60%.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2010 9:58 pm

So i should make a Duel Blader now while they are available

and choose between Aran and Cygnus Knight now
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:02 pm

Nay, currently Dual Bladers only exist on the Korean server. That means we'll be getting them in a month or two at most.

Of the following, rank their importance to you on a scale of one to ten, with ten being extremely important.

- Uses spears
- Be wanted in parties
- Survivability
- Growth speed
- Potential damage
- Ability to mob
- Ability to solo
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:07 pm

10 - Uses spears
6 - Uses Polearms
4 - Be wanted in parties
7 - Survivability
7 - Growth speed
8 - Potential damage
?? - Ability to mob (not sure what this means)
9 - Ability to solo
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 EmptySat May 15, 2010 10:17 pm

"Mobbing" basically means "Hitting more than one enemy." Classes that can mob usually level faster.

I'd say you want a Dark Knight.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Maplestory   Maplestory - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Maplestory
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mad Science Forums :: Game Centre :: Games Room-
Jump to: