Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

I've been kicking around this idea for a while...

Go down 
+7
Buckaroo Banzai
Demon Eyes Kyo
HellBlaze
The Stalker
Dalton
W. Birkin
Wesker
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

I've been kicking around this idea for a while... Empty
PostSubject: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 8:02 am

Of course, it's just an idea of mine, but I was thinking of splitting the Military Section off from the main Umbrella and letting it form its own clan. The new clan would still act as Umbrella's Military, but there are numerous advantages to having a clan of its own.

I wouldn't really want to name it after a Resident Evil group, but the final decision is Kyo's. He's the Military Section leader, so the final authority goes to him.

What I was thinking when I came up with this idea, was that if someone declared war on Umbrella or its military counterpart, Umbrella would act as financial and material support. If, for some reason, a war was accepted by our military clan that would force disbandment if they lost, Umbrella could absorb the military clan and reform it when possible.

There were tons of other advantages, but I forgot them.. Been thinking about this for a couple weeks now, and my memory isn't so good.

I was thinking about names the other day, and "Penumbra" came to mind for some reason. I thought it was fitting.

Main Entry: pen·um·bra

1 a : a space of partial illumination (as in an eclipse) between the perfect shadow on all sides and the full light b : a shaded region surrounding the dark central portion of a sunspot
2 : a surrounding or adjoining region in which something exists in a lesser degree : fringe
3 : a body of rights held to be guaranteed by implication in a civil constitution
4 : something that covers, surrounds, or obscures : shroud

So, I would very much like to see something like this, but the decision is ultimately Kyo's.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:57 am

Hmm...

It's a hard decision to make. On th one hand, Kyo would finally be able to push forward with his
system reform, allowing for his soldiers to climb up a ranking system to become more powerful,
and it wouldn't necessarily effect the economic section. Neither division would be any more or
less powerful than the other, either. So there's no feelings of inferiority between the two.

On the other hand, I'm not sure we even have enough soldiers for such a group to stand on
their own at the moment. Granted, I know Kyo isn't the type to just rush recklessly into a fight.
But some of his subordinates are. If he gives power to the wrong person, then the military
sector might dissolve before anyone knows what's going on.

I an see what you're getting at Wesk. You want the military section to be a separate entity, to
be able to move on it's own when there's no real guidance around (the last few "threads"
to pop up have been at odd hours of the night, afterall), and should worse come to worse,
it can be sacrificed in lieu of the whole clan.

My personal thoughts on this is thus: I don't think it's a terribly bad idea, and as tactics go,
it makes logical sense. But I believe we should hold off on finalizing anything until the clan
system comes out. I know that isn't a very popular notion, but we don't know what to really
expect from the clan system and it's better to be safe than sorry. The first step down the
losing path is to divide one's forces.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:00 pm

I think we've already got leadership of this new entity figured out, if they choose to accept. Of course, Kyo would lead, and I was thinking Blueice for vice-commander or whatever the second in command rank would be.

I believe that this separate clan would attract new members to it, but that's a bit of a gamble. You're right on that front, we might not have enough people.

However, The last point you made, I don't understand. Why would we need to wait?

If a clan system comes out that isn't favorable, we could always re-incorporate Penumbra (I'm just going to call it that until a new name comes up) into Umbrella.
Back to top Go down
Dalton
Survivor
Dalton

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:03 pm

This does seem like a good idea Wesker props for you. Of course though if you do it, do you plan on running it or letting Kyo run it? Personally I think you let Kyo run it I see great leadership in my buddy ^_^. Also my apologize for my absence I am just trying to gain more interest in Dead Friontier at the moment. As is a lot of people doing the same as me currently. Tongue

Last edited by Dalton217 on Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:07 pm

Kyo would be running it, along with blueice. I would still have some say, but once again, Kyo IS the leader of the Military Section... And could probably beat me up <.<
Back to top Go down
Dalton
Survivor
Dalton

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:09 pm

With what????
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:11 pm

I'm pretty sure he could beat me if he were equipped with a piece of fresh fruit.

>.<
Back to top Go down
Dalton
Survivor
Dalton

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:34 pm

XD. I hope it would be cherries or grapes or a orange!!!! 'Cause I'd kill for those with a vegitable. XD I totally spelled it wrong.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 12:47 pm

Albert Wesker wrote:
However, The last point you made, I don't understand. Why would we need to wait?

If a clan system comes out that isn't favorable, we could always re-incorporate Penumbra (I'm just going to call it that until a new name comes up) into Umbrella.

Think of it like this: What if the clan system is directly influenced by the number of individuals in
your clan? Whether it be a beneficial or negative mechanic. Granted we could just merge the
group back into the primary clan, but if we're separated long enough, reintegration may be
difficult.

Perhaps I'm worrying about nothing, I'm merely saying consider all options.
Back to top Go down
Dalton
Survivor
Dalton

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 1:09 pm

I see where your going with this now Birk.
Back to top Go down
The Stalker
Survivor
The Stalker

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 4:35 pm

*raises hand*

What about me
I would like to be vice-captain or whatever
I've been with Umbrella for quite a while now, I'm one of the longest members, and I've been very faithful.
Back to top Go down
Dalton
Survivor
Dalton

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 5:03 pm

If you leave, I will only have 2 active donars! Sad
Back to top Go down
The Stalker
Survivor
The Stalker

Number of posts : 24

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 5:05 pm

I'm in both sections though
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 5:26 pm

Biohazard123 wrote:
*raises hand*

What about me
I would like to be vice-captain or whatever
I've been with Umbrella for quite a while now, I'm one of the longest members, and I've been very faithful.

The ideas I'm throwing out aren't concrete facts yet. It's still possible for you to be vice-captain.
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:28 pm

Great idea. I would go for it. But kyo has yet to post opinions. I will wait till then.....

*disappears into the night*
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 6:51 pm

Wow, THIS sure sounds familiar...

I've been kicking around this idea for a while... Sdiwr9
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 7:14 pm

Hmmmmm...... still a descent idea. Things are meant to be fixed.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyTue Apr 06, 2010 10:05 pm

Jarki wrote:
Wow, THIS sure sounds familiar...

I've been kicking around this idea for a while... Sdiwr9

I didn't have that era in mind, but it is similar.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 1:00 am

*glares at Dalton*

Ohhhhhhhh so this is the topic you told me to look at i thought it was the SHIIIII one ^_^

I'm all for it. Though i'd like to tie it to Umbrella somehow.

I'd say make the home Umbrella Corporation a guild so it cannot be targeted for attack anymore, and have this the Clan section where other can challenge it.

Honestly i'd like to make it Umbrella Security Service or U.S.S.

It could potentially add in more members and would still hold a link to the Umbrella Forums and back to the mother company.

Congrats Wesker you have restored my faith in DF and given me something to work on once more ^_^

I need:
- a list of members already in Miltary Section. Things i belive are outdated and i been distracted for 2 weeks
- a list of members from economics who may want to go military.
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 4:38 am

We could be separate but equal.

Completely different ranks for each side, Umbrella Corporation side, and UBCS side. Everyone would be a member of Umbrella the clan, but within the clan, we are two entities.

Am I getting this right?
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 2:50 pm

No, the basis of the Idea is:

Umbrella Corporation spawns another clan.

Umbrella Corporation becomes a Guild.

The clan-spawn (Unnamed for now) acts as the Military section of Umbrella, but is separate.

Umbrella supplies the spawned clan, and in turn, the spawned clan eliminates enemies of Umbrella, etc.

The spawned clan can be targeted, Umbrella cannot. This is what makes it so beautiful. If the new clan were to fail, we could always reincorporate it into Umbrella.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyThu Apr 08, 2010 5:11 pm

I can kind of see what you're getting at, Wesker.

But do we really need to have a clan and a guild? We already reserve the right to decline any
challenges of war that someone might throw at us, and we've used it plenty of times already.

The only way I can see this being beneficial is if we were to get in a war and lose. But that's
assuming we all agree to the terms of war anyway. The only other means this could be useful
would be to show off our forces strength, and anyone who looks at our stats can get a pretty
good assessment of our strength.

I'm not saying it's not a good idea, I'm just trying to weigh all the pros and cons of it. It's
hard enough to organize one clan/guild/group/etc, much less two.
Back to top Go down
Shiscub
Survivor
Shiscub

Number of posts : 3

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 4:16 pm

Dalton217 wrote:
If you leave, I will only have 2 active donars! Sad

youll have at least three then next time you collect
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptyFri Apr 09, 2010 9:24 pm

i'm not too sure about this now i mean i have less then two months left before bootcamp i dont think i could manage such a thing now that i think about it.

Best bet improve Umbrella Corp as is now
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... EmptySun Apr 11, 2010 8:44 am

I haven't read the other posts, but unless my post of the picture wasn't clear...

I'm not for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I've been kicking around this idea for a while...   I've been kicking around this idea for a while... Empty

Back to top Go down

I've been kicking around this idea for a while...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next