Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Zombie Pandemic HQ

Go down 
+5
Warhero30
Moose
Adalinda
Pest02
Havoc
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptySun Jun 24, 2012 8:14 pm

Welcome everyone to Mad Science Inc's Zombie Pandemic thread! So far, we're still getting our
asses settled into Zombie Pandemic at the moment, so the threat will most likely change as time
goes on (or not, lol.) Bellow, I will list some of the more vital information needed for the clan,
as well as a list of active members. I'd like to start however, by thanking those who actually
decided to give the game a try. Starting out it was just me, Trigger and Pengy, but thanks to
you all, we're no longer the three amigos, but a full on militia!

The game is as much in its infancy as DF was when I first joined, but it seems like this game
will be taking a different path from Dead Frontier, and from what I see so far, a better path.

Clan Name: (M.S.I) Mad Science Inc.
Current Rank: 388
Current Members: 11
----------------------------------------------------------

Safe House 1: Mad Pony Labs
Coordinates: X: 38, Y: 21
Director: AngelDyne
Features: Storage, Sickbay, Generator, Resting Area
Current construction:

Safe House 1: Mad Science Labs - 1
Coordinates: X: 23, Y: 30
Director: None
Features: None
Current construction:

----------------------------------------------------------

Free Credits: You can earn free credits by undertaking various tasks on ZP's behalf.
to do this, go to the shop, click 'get credits' and look at the bottom of the page. There
will be two options: SponsorPay and SuperRewards. Ultimately, both options are hit
and miss, and likely you aren't going to get the credits you've worked for. Bellow are
a list of offers that HAVE worked and are confirmed as of the time of their posting.

SponsorPay Offers:
Soul Of Guardian: +15 Credits
Galaxy Legion: +22 Credots (requires a facebook account, need to get to lvl 10 before pays out)
Reward Tv: +14 Credits

Last edited by W.Birkin on Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:06 am; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 8:42 pm

I am still enjoying this game. I only logged in to waste some points healing people recently but I plan on playing for a few hours tonight.

Just realized that training is meant to be done while normally playing, and that the benefit of being a member is being able to train while not playing.

Also dropped an old lady zombie in one shot of my Hi-power. (if we still had the sunglasses emote in would go here. could have sworn there used to be one.)

Last edited by Pengor on Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:02 pm

I managed to make it to level 15. I've mostly been completing missions, avoiding
combat whenever possible, etc. I've ran out of SP twice now and it fucking SUCKS.
When you run out of SP, you become fatigued. When you become fatigued, you
gain negative SP, which has to be made back up by waiting before you can go on
to regenerate SP. You can also be attacked while fatigue and if you happen to be
unconscious for 6 hours or more, you lose 50% of your health when you go into
battle....

I gotta admit, having to wait 2 fucking days in order to get a good session in, is
really starting to piss me off and this game isn't worth 6 bucks a month. If the
game offered unlimited SP for premium members, I'd gladly pay the 6 dollars
a month, perhaps more. But as it is right now? no.

Primary Weapon: Hi-Power Pistol / 7-9 dmg / 15 rounds / Special: Burst Fire
Secondary Weapon: M37 Shotgun / 6-20 dmg / 8 rounds /
Backup Weapon: Fire Axe / 4-8 dmg / Melee

Head: Fireman's Helmet / A.V: 7
Face: Sun Glasses / A.V: 1
Hands: Fingerless Gloves / A.V: 2 / S.Mod: +2 Agility
Torso: BDU Jacket (Woodland) / A.V: 8 / S.Mod: +5 Encumbrance, +1 Agility
Legs: Dark Jeans / A.V: 2 / S.Mod: +2 Encumbrance, -1 Agility
Feet: Camo Sneakers / A.V: 2.5 / S.Mod: +2 Agility
Back: School Backpack / A.V: 0 / S.Mod: +15 Encumbrance

I'm currently located at Mercy Hospital - X:47 - Y:42
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptyTue Jun 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Level 10 right now, my username is Pengor and so far my gear is:
(only bothering posting stats for gear not already posted)
Weapon 1: Hi-power
Weapon 2: Varmint Rifle / 12-16 / R: 110
Backup Melee: Medium Bayonet / 2-5 / Blades (in description says future update will allow mounting on rifle but not yet)

Head: Lumberjack Helmet / A.V. 6
Face: Scarve / A.V. 1
Hands: Fingerless Gloves
Torso: Mercenary Shirt / A.V. 3 / S.Mod: Agility +3
Legs: Dark Jeans
Feet: Tracking Boots / A.V. 3 / S.Mod: Agility +1
Back: School Backpack

Current location: College Campus HQ

I don't know if I'm as bothered by you with the SP limit. you level up very fast in this game, acquire things quickly, etc. Plus UD has trained me to be patient with such a mechanic.

By the way do random encounters increase with level? I have run into 6-7 on my way back from the insulin mission and don't remember getting a single one when I went out that far to try and revive you before.

Oh and how do you use the burst on the hi-power? :shock: Didn't know there was such a feature.

Last edited by Pengor on Thu Jun 28, 2012 2:18 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : new gear acquired yo)
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 1:38 am

Pengor wrote:

By the way do random encounters increase with level? I have run into 6-7 on my way back from the insulin mission and don't remember getting a single one when I went out that far to try and revive you before.

Oh and how do you use the burst on the hi-power? :shock: Didn't know there was such a feature.

I don't think the odds of a random encounter increase as you level up, but I do think that the odds
are determined by a number of factors, such as if you're looting for items, the number of enemies
in the area, how much weight you're carrying. Essentially the same sort of logic DF runs on. If you
make a lot of noise, you're gonna attract something's attention. Only difference is, you can't really
effect the sound you make.

As for the Burst Fire option of the Hi-Power, I dunno, I haven't used it yet. What I do know is that
the burst fire consumes an extra bullet when used.
Back to top Go down
Warhero30
Survivor
Warhero30

Number of posts : 37

Character Sheet
Name: Odin
Weapons: .50 Taurus Raging Bull, Shoulder Harness Knife, Weighted Throwing Knife, Dual Concealed .22 Pistols, Garrote Wire
Items: Spare Ammo, Zippo,Ciggerettes

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 4:26 am

I've started playing too now. Not going to bother posting my stats and such or equipment at the moment but i may get round to it later. Having fun so far.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptyWed Jun 27, 2012 7:40 pm

Just got enough from the Varmint Rifle but I've no SP to test it out. =/
Also came across an interesting item called a sheriff star. the description says you might be able to convince someone you were a cop with this, possibly quest related?
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptyThu Jun 28, 2012 2:12 pm

SUPPLIES NEEDED FOR SAFEHOUSE:
2 lead pipes, 2 wrenches, a spark plug, and 3 bricks for the generator
5 sheets of scrap metal, 3 chains, an arc welder, and a mallet for the upgraded storage
a Blanket, 5 2x4's, and 2 pieces of lumber for the sleeping quarters

The safehouse is located at X38, y21. If you are a member of the clan it will show up on your map marked.

Last edited by Pengor on Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:19 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptyFri Jun 29, 2012 10:48 pm

a lot of people play this game but no one talks about it except for in chatbox D:<
Back to top Go down
Havoc
Tragically Insane
Havoc

Number of posts : 75

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 10:08 am

I think somebody needs to post a little information station showing all the currently known stores and hot spots coordinates on the map for easy access to those who have yet been able to find them.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptySat Jun 30, 2012 3:19 pm

errm, there is a wiki for this game.

edit: wow, you weren't kidding about joining another clan over the whole pony-named safehouse thing. Good luck with the new "Xtreme" clan. >_>
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 9:43 am

for those on the test server, my character is Raccoon Survivor, add me and pm me.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 10:32 am

I have decided to try this. If I decide to stay with it, I will tell you my characters name or possibly show up at a safehouse.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 1:18 pm

you have to be in the clan to actually see the safe house bud XD
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptyThu Jul 05, 2012 9:41 pm

My test server character is named Pengan. fooling around with melee weapons on him since I invested in none on my main, should be an interesting challenge.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptyFri Jul 06, 2012 4:01 am

I tried to ad Pengan on the test server but it says you don't exist.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptySat Jul 07, 2012 3:21 pm

That's because I misspelled the name which is actually Pengnan. I will add you the next time I play. (tonight)
Back to top Go down
Adalinda
Pony Supreme
Pony Supreme
Adalinda

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name: Crimson
Weapons: Stealing Birkins cheeseburgers.
Items: Birkins cheeseburgers

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 12:41 pm

I will be dual upgrading the Sleeping Quarters in mad pony labs here as soon as I get enough SP back to run back to the base, This will put it at tier 4 by tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 6:56 pm

Yeah, I added 9 2x4s to a bunch of projects, and I'm currently assisting in the upgrade of the sleeping quarters.

Also, whoever said I was a tool is wrong. That's Tool's job.

EDIT: Went on a loot trip because I have less money than I normally do. Cancelled construction of Sleepyplace Lv3 on my end, but I cleared a space for you lot. You're welcome.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptySun Jul 08, 2012 9:13 pm

This was why I was trying to tell people not to go making a lot of safehouses.

They take a whole clan-effort to get set up properly. If you need to set up a
temporary place log out on, that's ok, just be sure to either abandon it properly
or to give it a name, like "temporary hobble" or something so everyone knows
not to put effort in it.
Back to top Go down
Moose
Survivor
Moose

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 3:09 pm

Is this game better than DF? :3
Back to top Go down
Warhero30
Survivor
Warhero30

Number of posts : 37

Character Sheet
Name: Odin
Weapons: .50 Taurus Raging Bull, Shoulder Harness Knife, Weighted Throwing Knife, Dual Concealed .22 Pistols, Garrote Wire
Items: Spare Ammo, Zippo,Ciggerettes

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:18 pm

Are we going to form a clan like the one on server 1 on the test server?
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 4:48 pm

Moose wrote:

In certain ways.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 5:43 pm

Moose wrote:

It is indeed better than DF if you're a fan of text-based games, of which there are none better than ZP. It does, however, lack the real-time gameplay of DF, and is closer in resemblance to Urban Dead, which many players are turned off by.

I'd be playing it right now, but I'm in more of a visual mood at the moment. *returns to Day Z and DF*
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 7:01 pm

It's better than DF imo. DF had worse gameplay than a lot of flash-based games out there and I feel that the quality of writing in ZP and attention to detail in descriptions of locations make up for it. Yes, you will not like this game if you skip over all the text and just keep clicking the 'shoot' button. But if you found Urban Dead at all enjoyable you will love this game.

I'll be active in the game again as soon as I have internet setup.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Zombie Pandemic HQ   Zombie Pandemic HQ Empty

Back to top Go down

Zombie Pandemic HQ
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next