Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Is There Good In Humanity

Go down 
+6
Wesker
Pest02
fatalitywolf
Synyster Gates
Peng
Z 1
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

Is There Good In Humanity Empty
PostSubject: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyThu May 21, 2009 5:05 pm

I believe there is good, people give there lives for numerous good causes every day, the men and woman who enlisted after the 911 attack to make the country safer for there children and others children.

There are people who give to charity because they can make someone better off.

Vote your choice above, if your opinion is changed by the debate, you can cancel your vote and change it.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyThu May 21, 2009 6:00 pm

Yes, there is. But some people make a huge deal about it while you really shouldn't. Just the fact that the average person would most likely help out a friend in need is proof enough that there is good in humanity. Anyone that demands that someone must be 100% selfless is asking way too much. Especially considering that the person is most likely not all that selfless themselves.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Number of posts : 92

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyThu May 21, 2009 6:38 pm

I voted for the third choice. There most certainly is good in humanity, but we definitely are running low on people with it. As Trigger has pointed out, most of the times there is motives to their goodness, but he thought EVERYONE did. There is a LOT of goodness in the world, unfortunately it's getting slowly drained by... CERTAIN PEOPLE who I will not name, as the debate rules prevents me from making direct shots at SettingSun, and the other people here I was going to mention.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyThu May 21, 2009 7:04 pm

Syn I agree with you about it running out, but plz just stop screwing around, plz keep this civil, pretty plz with some male hookers who will do anything you want on top. Plz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyThu May 21, 2009 7:15 pm

There is a lot of good in the humanity, however it is far outnumbered by the bad, and the greater majority of the good is spawned from selfish motives (Ex - Someone giving to charity out of the hope to increase their odds of getting into heaven, if that's their belief.)

However, selfishness is not necessarily completely evil, and if someone wants to better the life of someone less fortunate, be it for a reward or not, then I'm all for it.
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyThu May 21, 2009 7:41 pm

Is There Good In Humanity Badge
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyThu May 21, 2009 9:11 pm

An old guy let me borrow his tire iron and jack when I had a flat. There is good in humanity.

Most people try to hide their goodness, but its easy to break through it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:33 pm

Off Topic posts were deleted, though the comic was kept.

And there is good in humanity, but definitely not to the extreme Synyster believes.

There is also corruption in humanity.

Everyone has a bit of both. As it has been shown by the "perfect" citizen Syn, who if he was in his own vision of "good in humanity", wouldn't be taking shots back at others, even if he were to be flamed so bad his fingers burned when he touched the keyboard.

But most cruel, corrupt people have a soft "good" side. Some express it through forms of art, others to their lovers, etc. I couldn't honestly say anyone ever has a fully corrupt side, or a fully "good" side.

But also as Trigger said, a lot of do-gooders do it because they think it is expected of them, or they expect to be recognized as a good person, or they expect a reward of some sort. A truly good person does it just because they, on instinct, just want to do a good deed. But even then, no one's like that 24/7 for their entire lives.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:37 pm

Jesus was "fully good"
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:45 pm

The events of the Bible cannot be proven real or not real.

Also, if it WERE real, he wasn't exactly "mankind". He was a "special case". He died for the sins all of humanity made. Meaning everyone sinned, therefore, no one is this perfect good that you speak of.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:48 pm

I don't speak of perfect good... I speak of people not killing each other.

And even if the bible can't be proven to exist, Jesus was indeed a human, and a perfect one at that. It's just undecided whether or not he was the son of God.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:52 pm

He was a human.

But if he wasn't the son of God, then wouldn't all of those many events not be true as well? Meaning he wasn't truly a perfect human. And if he was the son of God, he was perfect BECAUSE he was the son of God.

Heck, even God isn't perfect. Think of how many he has killed. And of how he was going to wipe out mankind on many occasions.

Now, think of Satan... compared to God... how many people has he killed?

Much, much, much less.

Therefore, even if Christianity was real, the only perfect human to ever have existed would be Jesus, even including greater powers.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyThu May 21, 2009 10:58 pm

Jarki wrote:
He was a human.

But if he wasn't the son of God, then wouldn't all of those many events not be true as well? Meaning he wasn't truly a perfect human. And if he was the son of God, he was perfect BECAUSE he was the son of God.

Heck, even God isn't perfect. Think of how many he has killed. And of how he was going to wipe out mankind on many occasions.

Now, think of Satan... compared to God... how many people has he killed?

Much, much, much less.

Therefore, even if Christianity was real, the only perfect human to ever have existed would be Jesus, even including greater powers.
Lol you're insinuating Satan is more perfect than God?
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyThu May 21, 2009 11:01 pm

Umm...Jesus was not happy during his crucifixion, in fact he was pretty pissed off I think you can say.
Had he been perfect, he would have instantly accepted his fate, and not blamed his father for bringing it upon him.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyThu May 21, 2009 11:10 pm

Learn your facts Pengy, Jesus ultra accepted his death. He wasn't angry with God, he in fact said "let your will be done", which sure as heck sounds like acceptance to me.

Jesus could have prevented to death, he had 1000's of angels at his disposal, to swoop in and kill everyone that was trying to kill him. Instead he asked his father to forgive the humans, for they don't know what they were doing.

Granted, during a time Jesus screamed WHY HAVE YOU FORSAKEN ME!? Because he had lost contact with God. But it certainly doesn't sound like Jesus was trying with all his might to prevent his death. Just... Where is you daddy?
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyThu May 21, 2009 11:22 pm

No. Jesus wasn't cool with it at first Syn. He accepted it later, but that was later. Maybe you should learn your facts, your the religious one here.

Edit: Looks like we're going to need a religion topic as well Rolls Eyes
Than again...that's bound to get messy, probably a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyThu May 21, 2009 11:33 pm

Penguin Hunter wrote:

It's allowed, so long as people can stay mature about it, and they follow the rules.

Otherwise, I'm glad I bought this Guillotine!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyThu May 21, 2009 11:41 pm

My points were overlooked. XD
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyFri May 22, 2009 12:05 am

Penguin Hunter wrote:
No. Jesus wasn't cool with it at first Syn. He accepted it later, but that was later. Maybe you should learn your facts, your the religious one here.

Jesus was cool with it at first. Heck, he predicted his death that very day. He didn't go running around, panicking, being all OMG TEH EVIL PEOPLES WILL KILL ME TONIGHT!!!!!11

He accepted his death, and went to pray to God , saying not my will but thine be done. (ACCEPTANCE)

I know all my religious facts, but why do you think you know yours? You're a scientologist, remember?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyFri May 22, 2009 12:21 am

Jarki wrote:

Such is the fate of perfectly good points in the face of overwhelming stubbornness.

Phoebe wrote:
Jesus was "fully good"

Jesus couldn't have been "fully good." I seriously doubt he would have gone about doing all of his little miracles if God had said "Lol, you're going to hell anyway."

No, Jesus was working towards a reward. A heavenly reward. I'll agree that he was by all accounts a good person, but I'll hear none of this "fully good" mess.

And Jarki is correct. There is no such thing as "fully good." Syn, you happen to be one of the most adverse person to murder that I've ever come across. Well, God's just about the greatest murderer of them all. And Jesus was his biggest advocate.

Using religious exampels to justify your case is utter folly.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyFri May 22, 2009 12:27 am

Jesus never killed anyone, which is why I listen to him, not god. Besides, this isn't a question of murder anymore, it was about truly good people. Murder talk happens in that murder thread.

Jarki wrote:
They were confusing points and made no sense, so I chose to not pay attention to them.

And think of it this way. Maybe people being nice aren't looking for rewards... Maybe nice people are just rewarded?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyFri May 22, 2009 1:05 am

Then by your logic, killing is ok, as long as you or your leader doesn't do it. However, somehow, magically, it's ok if your leader's leader kills people.

Sounds logical. -_-

Your arguments make no sense, and you've thus far failed to counter any of our points while simultaneously raising none of your own.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyFri May 22, 2009 1:07 am

Is There Good In Humanity Godsatan

This graph expresses my view on God.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyFri May 22, 2009 1:29 am

Trigger wrote:
Then by your logic, killing is ok, as long as you or your leader doesn't do it. However, somehow, magically, it's ok if your leader's leader kills people.

Sounds logical. -_-

Your arguments make no sense, and you've thus far failed to counter any of our points while simultaneously raising none of your own.
What are you talking about? I don't like the fact that God kills people, that's why I prefer Jesus. I have no clue how you got the conclusion that I support murder, so I'm going to go ahead and assume you read stuff that isn't there in order to call me an idiot further.

Time to read stuff that you didn't write!

What's that, Trigger? You saw an orange elephant flying in the sky? You have proof that it is indeed God? Well, amazing.

And in counter to Pest's image, Satan caused Eve and Adam to eat of the Tree Of Knowledge Of Good And Evil, thus dooming humanity in sin forevermore.

God: 2,038,334

Satan: Billions upon billions.

EDIT: I thought it would be fruitous to add this again, to add emphasis:

And think of it this way. Maybe people being nice aren't looking for rewards... Maybe nice people are just rewarded?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity EmptyFri May 22, 2009 1:51 am

Phoebe wrote:
What are you talking about? I don't like the fact that God kills people, that's why I prefer Jesus.

XD That's the most absurd thing I've ever heard. At least try to make this hard. If you don't like a murderer, then why would you like someone who teaches you to worship that murderer? Would you like someone that tells you to worship a rapist just because you read about him giving a blind kid some candy for no reason? I'm starting to think you would, which makes me question why I even bother trying to explain things to you.

Quote :

God: 2,038,334

Satan: Billions upon billions.

Actually... No. God called down a flood and drowned practically the entire earth. Satan on the other hand has done no such thing. I can recall no instance in the bible where Satan crawled out of the ground and called forth a natural disaster that nearly destroyed the entire world... Get your facts straight, if you can even call the bible facts at all... And don't try any of that "The Devil is the source of all evil and the cause of all murder" psycho babble. Human evil comes from humans, not some lizard in a tree that told a naked woman to eat an apple.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Is There Good In Humanity   Is There Good In Humanity Empty

Back to top Go down

Is There Good In Humanity
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next