Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

In need of a good weapon

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

Number of posts : 119

In need of a good weapon Empty
PostSubject: In need of a good weapon   In need of a good weapon EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 11:28 pm

I am in need of any weapon you see that is good and suites my stats. My user name is HellBlaze.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good weapon   In need of a good weapon EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 11:41 pm

Your stats are all over the place, that'll hurt you more than anything in the long run. My suggestion
is to do a stat reset when you get the chance. You should strive for at least 80 Melee so you can
gain access to the Sabre and the STIHL 880. If you wanna go for Katana/B.Axe/Grinder then you
can always reach level 100 later, but if you're going for a melee mix build, then you need at least
level 80.

You should have gotten your critical to 80 as well, then switched off to Agility, after that you can
focus on other gun supporting stats like accuracy and reload speed. You only need level 40 STR
in order to wield the STIHL 880, those extra points could be re-allocated else where that would
serve better use.

For your current stats, there aren't a lot of good weapons available to you that aren't melee.

for your current level, these are available to you.

Blades
Machete

Very Slow Attack Speed
Average Accuracy
Very High Critical Chance
70 Melee Skill Required
Damage: 11

Blunts
Wood Axe

Very Slow Attack Speed
Average Accuracy
Very High Critical Chance
70 Melee Skill Required
Damage: 11

If you intend to pursue the Machine Gun class, then I can't stress enough the importance of
getting your melee skills improved first. Machine Guns are notoriously wasteful and very
inaccurate. Going melee first ensures that you'll be able to feed your Machine Guns with
as minimal cost as possible, since you'll be able to loot deeper and faster with melee than
you would with guns.

Last edited by W.Birkin on Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:18 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Claude01
Lab Assistant
Claude01

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good weapon   In need of a good weapon EmptySat Oct 17, 2009 11:57 pm

very knowledgeable of you Birkin
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good weapon   In need of a good weapon EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 12:20 am

I learned the hard way Claude, my first character was a Soldier too and I made the same
mistakes that a lot of new players make. I spread my stats too thinly, and because of it
I had a very difficult time looting in the purple zone, much less red territory. That's partly
why I created this alt, and I had some very good advice from my friend Redneck Paqu,
which is the exact same advice I'm giving now.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good weapon   In need of a good weapon EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 1:53 am

Amazingly, I didn't need to make another character. I did have a lot of stat resets, but I knew from the outset that all the points you gain in one level should go into one stat of each category.
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good weapon   In need of a good weapon EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 9:41 am

Thank you for the advice.

How much does a stat reset cost?
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good weapon   In need of a good weapon EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 1:31 pm

Stat resets are 500 Credits ($20.000)
Monthly Gold Membership is $7.95, and you get tons of benefits.
* A constant +25% Exp Bonus
* Massively improved looting chances
* Huge discounts on all credit shop items (stat reset for only 200 credits!)
* 200 free credits every single month
* Access to exclusive Gold Member Only forums
* Try new features before they`re officially released
* Set a custom forum title of your choice
* Priority technical support

or you could purchase the credits with in-game money. but you're going to be spending
72k+ per stack of 100. My advice is to go with the GM. It's the most affordable option,
and really, buying credits from other players isn't worth it unless you can loot deeper in
the city.
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good weapon   In need of a good weapon EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 3:53 pm

Okay i leveled up. I now have 80 melee. I probably will go with the gold membership seeming how my birthday is on the 24th and i will be getting some money. If not then i will just try to save some money or something.
Back to top Go down
Claude01
Lab Assistant
Claude01

Number of posts : 53

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good weapon   In need of a good weapon EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:13 pm

can I get a loan from you?

$20

I can't seem to get a debit card
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good weapon   In need of a good weapon EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:35 pm

me?
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good weapon   In need of a good weapon EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:39 pm

I think it would be best if we didn't go about lending money to other players. It's nothing
personal but if complications arise because of this, there would be little we (Umbrella)
could do to help.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good weapon   In need of a good weapon EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 4:51 pm

W.Birkin wrote:
I think it would be best if we didn't go about lending money to other players. It's nothing
personal but if complications arise because of this, there would be little we (Umbrella)
could do to help.

Ya, Dis be true homes. No lending IRL Cash, for aforementioned reasonz.
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good weapon   In need of a good weapon EmptySun Oct 18, 2009 5:09 pm

Yeah. I am sorry but I still would not feel comfortable lending money to people i don't personally know.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: In need of a good weapon   In need of a good weapon Empty

Back to top Go down

In need of a good weapon
Page 1 of 1