Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

tell me some good movies.

Go down 
+2
mr dr sir man
Peng
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

tell me some good movies. Empty
PostSubject: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 6:47 pm

movies like action, horror, comedy,and scifi. dont let me down bro's.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyTue Aug 04, 2009 7:29 pm

Tried to arrange these alphabetically but as I kept typing I just stopped trying.
Mostly Horror and Sci-Fi.

Alien
Aliens
Cube
Dark City
The Evil Dead
Evil Dead II
Night of the Creeps
Session 9
The Thing
Creepshow
Creepshow 2
Lifeforce
Re-Animator
American Psycho
Behind the Mask: The Rise of Leslie Vernon
The Nightmare on Elm Street series up until 3 unless you want to see the terrible ones after that.
What just said above and replace nightmare on elm street with Friday the 13th and go to more like...5.
The first 2 Halloweens.
The remake of Dawn of the Dead and the 28 series I guess.

Pretty much all the movie adaptations of Stephen King stories are pretty good.
Back to top Go down
mr dr sir man
Survivor

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 2:31 am

the blob
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 2:37 am

mr dr sir man wrote:
the blob

Yasrsly this.
Best remake ever, now that I think about it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 2:41 am

Penguin Hunter wrote:

Pretty much all the movie adaptations of Stephen King stories are pretty good.

We don't go to the Pet Sematary... Scary **** happens at the Pet Sematary...
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 7:25 pm

Return of The Living Dead

The first two films in the series are classics, and anyone who was born in the
mid 80's and early 90's should watch these perfectly executed Horror/Comedies.
They're on the same level as the Evil Dead series in terms of quality. That can't
be said for 3, 4 and 5. Return of The Living Dead 3 was sub-par compared to the
original two, but it was still worth the watch. RoTLD 4: Necropolis and RoTLD 5:
Rave From The Grave were abominations! created simultaneously and premiered
on the then Sci-fi network.

Interesting Fact(s)
Was the movie that instilled the myth that zombies were hungry for brains.
Was the first series of zombie movies to have fast, talking, and smart zombies.
Features one of the top 100 creepiest movie monsters ever. (Tarman) (1'st movie)
Features a hilarious homage to Michael Jackson's Thriller. (2'nd movie)
Ernie and Frank from the first film make a return appearance in the second
film. I won't say anymore than that, it would ruin some of the comedy. Cheesy

Zombi

I'll let the Wikipedia entry speak for me.

Quote :
Zombi 2 (also known as Zombie, Island of the Living Dead, Zombie Island,
Zombie Flesh Eaters and Woodoo) is a 1979 zombie horror film directed by Lucio Fulci.
It is the best-known of Fulci's films.[1] It made Fulci a horror icon. Despite the fact that
the title alludes to the film being a sequel to Zombi (the Italian title of George A. Romero's
Dawn of the Dead), the films are unrelated. When the film was released in 1979, it was
scorned for its extremely bloody content notably by the at the time Conservative British
Parliament.[2]. - Wikipedia

Zombi or whichever title you want to go by, is a fantastic classical zombie movie and it
certainly lives up to the disclaimer mentioned above. It's full of great gore effects, as
I've mentioned to Trigger. It features one of the most painful looking eye-gouging scenes
in the history of films, and is the only film that I know of that features a zombie fighting
a tiger shark.

Interesting Fact(s)
The shark featured in the movie was a female Tiger Shark, albeit a trained one. The
fight takes place between the shark and her trainer, decked out in zombie make-up.

Pet Cemetery 1 & 2

I couldn't agree more strongly with Trigger on this one. The Pet Cemetery series is
made up of two films, and both are scary as hell. The two movies revolve on the same
area, a cemetery located in a thicket of woods, which is near an old Native American
burial ground. Legend has it that the grounds are cursed, and that anything buried there
would return to life. However they return back as an evil spirit, bent on destruction.

The only trailer I could find was for the second film, however I enjoyed the first one far
more. The little kid is just so.. *shudders* it'll change your perspective on the child zeds
in DF. XP

The Zombie Diaries

Another fantastic zombie film coming from the British. It's a Documentary style horror film
that I can only assume was designed to cash on on Romero's Diary of The Dead. At least
the two look similar to me via their trailers. Nevertheless the film is quite enjoyable and is
certainly worth seeing.

I'll add more later, when I can think of them.
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyWed Aug 05, 2009 9:27 pm

Shaun of the Dead

hotfuzz

28 days later

28 weeks later

resident evil films

serenity

doom

the great escape

its a series but its good
band of brothers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:23 pm

Firefly series ;)
Serenity

How did no one say Diary of the Dead?
Day of the Dead
War of the Dead was funny to watch and ridicule, but was a terrible movie. XD
Both Dawn of the Deads
Land of the Dead
28 Days/Weeks
I actually liked the Resident Evil films, just, try not to think of them as relevant to the games beyond likenesses and locations.
Shaun of the Dead
Hot Fuzz
Pulse scared me so much, I actually didn't bother watching the sequels...
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:46 pm

Jarki wrote:
Firefly series ;)

Well...if I recall he was asking for good movies...>_>
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:51 pm

Forrest Gump!!
Back to top Go down
mr dr sir man
Survivor

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 6:53 pm

the blob WAS the best remake ever actually probably the only good remake ever
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 7:02 pm

Dawn of the Dead disagrees with you on the last part.
...and new Freddy might be neat even though I just made a topic saying it's going to suck like 3 weeks ago. I hear they're getting the actor that played roarshack in watchmen to be freddy.
And he isn't quite so child molester this time. =D
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 8:33 pm

Thank's for sharing some really good movies Smiley
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 10:50 pm

Freddy Kruger was NEVER a child molester, he was a child murderer.

The whole child molester gig is nothing but a misunderstanding.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyThu Aug 06, 2009 10:59 pm

Bull. Go watch Wes Craven's New Nightmare. He does some pretty creepy sexual-hinting stuff in that movie. Though that movie SUCKED.

Wes Craven himself said he originally intended for Freddy to molest children as he found that much scarier than a straight murderer.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 1:22 pm

I can't really put up a very good argument.. It's been ages since I've seen New Nightmare,
and I've only seen it, the first one, and parts of two and three..

But i know for a fact that he was never once called a child molester in ANY of the original
films. That may change with the remake coming out, I dunno. But until someone confirms this
he's only a child killer in my book.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:52 pm

Penguin Hunter wrote:
Jarki wrote:
Firefly series ;)

Well...if I recall he was asking for good movies...>_>

If I recall, those ARE good movies.
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 2:53 pm

Firefly is awsome, and Diary of the Dead is...meh.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 3:06 pm

Yeah I was only pointed out Diary. Though...Land really sucked as well.

And @ the Freddy - Child molester thing, I don't think they are going point it out. At least I hope not. What I was hoping is that they'd finally drop all the subtle hints that were added in New Nightmare and a few of the last sequals.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 4:54 pm

Diary of the Dead was actually a really well shot movie, and really creative when compared to other movies who tried to cash in on that movie and creativity (REC/Quarantine, etc.)

Besides, who the fuck didn't love Samuel?

Just 'cause you didn't like it, doesn't mean it wasn't a good movie. Pengy, you've already got in shit about that with music.

Land of the Dead, it was stupid that they could use guns, but, it was still a good movie. As Donnie likes to say, nothing's worse than a flaming zombie with a chainsaw while riding an elephant. Unrelated, but awesome nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 7:27 pm

Jarki wrote:
Diary of the Dead was actually a really well shot movie, and really creative when compared to other movies who tried to cash in on that movie and creativity (REC/Quarantine, etc.)

Besides, who the fuck didn't love Samuel?

Just 'cause you didn't like it, doesn't mean it wasn't a good movie. Pengy, you've already got in shit about that with music.

Land of the Dead, it was stupid that they could use guns, but, it was still a good movie. As Donnie likes to say, nothing's worse than a flaming zombie with a chainsaw while riding an elephant. Unrelated, but awesome nonetheless.

I wasn't the only one that thought it sucked, most everyone that likes horror/zombie movies will probably agree with me.
I'm not the only one with the music opinions either, most people on the internet over 12 will agree with me. Besides, it's not "It sucks because I don't like it." It's "It sucks because just about every band in the genre is using the same crappy ideas. It's just glam all over again but less entertaining because these bands are clean and appeal to kids who go onto the internet and claim that the band is the best thing ever.

Land of the dead was boring and dragged on a lot, as was Diary.

Also...whoah...teh hell. Rec was pretty good. Never saw Quarintine but Rec was actually well done.

Last edited by Penguin Hunter on Fri Aug 07, 2009 7:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 7:33 pm

Honestly, I thought Diary was kinda unreal. Seriously, why are they carrying a big ass news camera through a freakin undead world? Who keeps razor sharp swords on display in their homes? IS it REALLY possible to get a headshot with a bow at five feet?

I woulda liked it a little better if that british guy was gone, and the camera styles were more like Cloverfield.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 7:53 pm

REC/Quarantine was based off of Diary of the Dead, well, not based off of, but like inspired by.

Razor sharp blades on display is very common as decoration in people who are, for lack of a better term, rich. Or someone who takes pride in the culture.

It's quite easy to get a headshot at 5 feet. XD

And they carry the camera because, they want to let everyone know what happens. Just like REC/Quarantine. Fortunately, in Quarantine, the camera-man is smart enough to use it as a weapon.

And as for the music thing, it's not necessarily the band that sucks, that is the followers. The fans deserve being put down and flaming and etc. But the bands aren't always that bad. AC/DC USED to be a really good band, but I don't even like their old shit because of their followers.
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 8:07 pm

Ya, I understand the reason for the camera. I just dont understand why he was carrying around a big ass news camera, instead of a half pound camcorder with higher quality. And, I dont think most poeple keep em razor sharp.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. EmptyFri Aug 07, 2009 8:15 pm

It really depends. If you haven't had them for long, then they'll be razor sharp. If you're rich, someone (probably whoever does the housekeeping) would polish them and sharpen them regularly. If you're a huge fan or whatever of the history and culture or just a fan of swords, you'll probably keep it sharp.

If you're a nobody who just has it for decoration, it won't be sharp.

And the camera was because he was filming something for college, a movie, and he didn't exactly have time to make the jump. And I think at one point they do have multiple cameras, one which is a camcorder.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: tell me some good movies.   tell me some good movies. Empty

Back to top Go down

tell me some good movies.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next