Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Question concerning criticals.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Question concerning criticals. Empty
PostSubject: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptyThu May 28, 2009 10:22 pm

I was told once (Well, numerous times actually) That I should get criticals to 75 for a melee build. But today, I saw a high leveled person suggest 80+ criticals for a such a build.

I think I heard once that there was a maximum possible percentage for critical hits, which could be reached with 75 criticals and a bladed weapon. But I'm not so certain that's the case.

Somebody please clear this up for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:07 pm

Very High Critical weapons max out at 80. High Critical at 100.

The maximum possible percentage for Criticals, is 80%.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptyThu May 28, 2009 11:10 pm

Thanks! Tongue

80 it is, then.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptyFri May 29, 2009 10:16 am

Trigger wrote:
Thanks! Tongue

80 it is, then.

Then any MC stats you get for Critical will be useless.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptyFri May 29, 2009 4:21 pm

D:

It's a good thing getting my chainsaw delayed my criticals for a level. So I should stay at 72?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptyFri May 29, 2009 4:48 pm

I'd stay at 65-70.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptyFri May 29, 2009 5:05 pm

Alrighty. Just found an MC Fire-axe. Hopefully it has a good crit rating.

(EDIT) What luck! It gives 8 criticals and nothing else. Grin
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptyFri May 29, 2009 7:28 pm

Haha
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Number of posts : 92

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptyFri May 29, 2009 10:49 pm

Level 16 already!? Boy, you sure do play alot. You'll have an acceptable farmer and scientist level very shortly. Yay profit!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:32 pm

Profit?!

*Looks left*

*Looks right*

*Squints*
Back to top Go down
mr dr sir man
Survivor

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:37 pm

ahhhhhh i got tired of df cuz i gots zps right now but as soon as i get back on my feet ima start playin alot again
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptyFri May 29, 2009 11:53 pm

I've been thinking of making an athlete and getting it to 100 agility. I'd use it to loot and... Well, loot some more. Seems pointless to go looting with Aggroculture, since he's still at 25 agility and would slowly be losing that valuable nourishment level.

Earlier today, I got close to the very southernmost part of the map before getting knocked into critical status. Heh, I guess that's what I get for thinking I'm invincible after an OA. Grin

Oh well, I somehow managed to make it back without getting hit again. Broke my old record for most money found in a single run. Of course, I'm sure $994 is nothing to an experienced player that can make it deep in the city, but I was happy to have it nonetheless. I'm pretty sure cash drops have been increased since last I played regularly. Blues was always lucky to find $500 by the time he made it to the longarms.
Back to top Go down
mr dr sir man
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptySat May 30, 2009 12:00 am

dude before i was only just inside reds barley and i got 2k from a single building i came back with a total of like 3500
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptySat May 30, 2009 12:11 am

Ah. I don't go into buildings, usually. I once went into the first building (currently called Norman's store) and went to the northern room, where I got trapped in there by a huge red fat zombie which killed me.

It was that boss monster that randomly appeared anywhere, like the green zeds do. I'm pretty sure it doesn't exists anymore, since I haven't seen it in forever..
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptySat May 30, 2009 12:16 am

Behemoth? O_o
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptySat May 30, 2009 12:29 am

Might have been. =\ All I know is it was red and fatter than the normal red fats.

Oh, and it made a booming sound when it walked.
Back to top Go down
mr dr sir man
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptySat May 30, 2009 1:18 am

O_o!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptySat May 30, 2009 2:08 am

Phoebe wrote:
Level 16 already!? Boy, you sure do play alot. You'll have an acceptable farmer and scientist level very shortly. Yay profit!

Someone got to Gregg Stevens level in less than a week. With a Grinder.

Gregg Stevens is over level 100.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptySat May 30, 2009 2:39 am

Yeah, 16 in two days isn't very impressive. But I expect my level to shoot up from here, now that I can hold my own in the OA.

Not against longarms, though.

Not until level 20. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptySat May 30, 2009 2:48 am

Considering I'm level 4 in 2 days, 16 is pretty impressive. But didn't I get to level 20 in a week last time I started a character...? Even in that case, 16 is still impressive.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptySat May 30, 2009 2:55 am

The following only applies to melee primary characters. It kind of turns into more of a plan than a description as the list goes on. Of course, everything past level 16 is just from memory, and may no longer apply to the game in it's current state.

Levels 1-4 - Easy, for obvious reasons.

Levels 5-10 - Harder, because you generally cant do squat without a team, and they hog your exp.

Levels 11-20 - Easy. By this time, you've gotten a chainsaw(free aggro = win) and a better melee weapon and can plow through everything except longarms. However, leveling up becomes difficult unless you travel to purples or reds, which can be tedious.

Levels 20-30 - Easiest levels in the game. By this time, you've gotten a katana or a sabre, and can decimate anything that comes your way during the OA. Leveling now takes a long time unless you go all the way over to the reds. It's easy to become dependent on OAs around this level range.

Levels 30-37(highest I've gotten) - Even easier, functionally. However the ever-increasing amount of required exp tends to hinder one's progress. The addition of a high-leveled secondary weapon makes OAs even easier, since you can hit from far away.

Levels 38-50 - I predict it will be tedious, due to the slowness of levels and reliance on OAs, mixed with the constant need for high level foods at high level prices. But that's just how it goes, I guess.

Levels 50+ - "Hell," I would imagine. Part of the easiness of being a low level is that you never have to heal, since you can just level up again and return to maximum health. Hopefully, the prestige and pride that comes with being level 50+ will help to snuff out the increasing strain on my paltry funds (Which I hope will no longer be paltry by the time I reach that level.)

It would seem that the speed at which you level is largely dependent on how often you are able to attend an OA. This makes the game feel somewhat cheap, but the lazy part of me hopes Adminpwn doesn't do anything about it. Cheesy

But seriously though, I hope the difficulty goes up in some way. DF seems more like a shoot-em-up than a zombie survival game.

Anyway, moving on. Tomorrow (Well, today actually, since it's 6 in the morning) I'll be reaching level 20+ if things go as planned. Therefore, I'd like some opinions on which gun would go best with melee. I've asked this before in the past, but I figured I should ask again since the game's most likely been tweaked since Blues made it to level 20.

I must admit that I'm starting to like DF again.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:24 am

screw it, I am intrested again, whats a good class for Katana, rifles.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:53 am

Thinking about it and I might get gold account, then use stat reset and just power level.
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptySat May 30, 2009 1:25 pm

Trigger, I use handguns with my melee. Your incredibly high critical stat that comes with a melee character is perfect for handguns, and they're low attack power quickly turns into zombie exploding machines. Even my Colt Python can three hit a red with my high crit. Same goes for machineguns, but I prefer not to use those.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. EmptySat May 30, 2009 6:31 pm

In DF, Rifles are basically the same as pistols, but slower and with higher damage output, which makes me lean towards them as I always have.

Pistols - Too weak, except for the ones at the end of the line, like the raging bull. But they have small ammo capacity, and I wont be having a respectable reload speed until well after level 40. They're a prime candidate for my 3rd weapon proficiency.

Machineguns - Like pistols, but faster. I've no idea what the market is like right now, but I remember them being hella expensive. I've never been fond of weapons that eat through ammo, and I can spend 1000 shots on a Beretta tomcat in no time at all. :\

Shotguns - Seems pointless. If a zombie got close enough for me to use the shotgun, I'd be better off brandishing my katana. Also, it would make my criticals somewhat pointless.

Grenade launchers - Never.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. Empty

Back to top Go down

Question concerning criticals.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next