Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Question concerning criticals.

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage

Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 7:21 pm

Trigger wrote:
I'll be reaching level 20+ if things go as planned.

I knew I shouldn't have said that the second I did. I have a nasty habit of jinxing myself.

A truly epic sequence of failures too mind-boggling for me to explain occurred, causing me to only be able to take part in two rounds at the junkyard today before the game failed on me and demanded I reload the entire thing again, (Which takes well over an hour)

*Sigh....*

Well, at least I got from 1% to 90%. I'll go ahead and get to level 17 today, and hope for better things tomorrow.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 8:36 pm

Shotguns work at farther distances with enough accuracy, and also, the Saiga-20, Protecta, and USAS-12 fire much faster, though the Katana is about equal to a Protecta imo, and the USAS-12 can be better since it has better crowd control. Protecta users (actually, just the one, Sollie) and USAS-12 users have been known to take down GAU users, including Gregg Stevens, who only uses his GAU for PvP. But other than OAs and PvP, I find Shotguns pointless. They're fairly good for grinding, but the Saiga, Protecta, and USAS-12 are all hard to keep fed, and are really the only worthwhile shotguns in my opinion.

Grenade Launchers are the best weapon class for grinding. You can kill 6 longarms in 6 shots, while you have to use 6 shots per longarms with a shotgun, or 3 hits per longarms with a Katana/Raging Bull. They use little ammo, aren't actually THAT expensive, and do a lot of damage. With High Reload, they're unstoppable. Take note that with instant reload, all of the Grenade Launchers but the XM25 do the exact same damage. The max your Grenade Launcher skill should be is 40 if you have 109+ reloading, 20 if you have 114+ reloading. Not until you can weild three level 100 weapons should you max out your grenade launcher skill and use an XM25, which fires faster, while the others all fire at the same rate.

Pistol Ammo Using Machine Guns (SMGs) make use of your high critical, and also are a lot less expensive to feed. HMGs do a lot of damage, and any critical you have is wasted, but are extremely expensive to use and to buy.

Rifle and Pistols are essentially the same, except ammo for Pistols is way cheaper, and until the later stages, Rifles top Pistols. There's an infinite ammo pistol (Dusk Enforcer), and the Raging Bull actually does a VERY SLIGHT bit more damage than the VSS Vintorez, with Instant Reload. But the M82 kills Longarms in 2 hits, I believe, but fires so slowly, it's not worth it.

Grinders, are actually one of the best weapons to use nowadays, if your looking to grind nonstop. They now have the same attack speed as the STIHL, but their DPS was majorly buffed, and they also cost no money to keep fed, as well as cause a lot of aggro, thus a lot of zombies to kill. Sadly, it's the only actual GOOD chainsaw, but whatever. Katanas are also good, but if you can manage to get a Dusk Razor from Top PvPer or Top Survivor, then I'd go for that instead. Not does it have the most damage per hit than any weapon in the game (though not necessarily the most Damage per Second), it also is less expensive than the Katana. Only catch is you have to win Top PvPer or Top Survivor.

So, there you have a breakdown of each weapon class. XD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 8:53 pm

Thanks for the info Grin

And I'm glad to hear the grinder got a buff. I was a little disappointed in it when I got mine with Blues.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 8:53 pm

Are my stats even worth it to be reset.

Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 Stats10
Back to top Go down
mr dr sir man
Survivor

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:21 pm

UBER YES!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:27 pm

I hope your armour and weapons are MC'd >.>

If they are, remove them, screenie, then post it again.

If they aren't... definitely a reset.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:28 pm

my weapons stats are posted in my sig
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:42 pm

It's a lot easier with everything unequipped. Otherwise I refuse to comment. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:49 pm

Your worse than a picky date.

Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 Stats11

Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 Stats_10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:54 pm

Yes, yes I am.

They aren't TOO bad... but still enough to fuck you up big time in the long run.

I'd say, get either a stat reset, or get 100 credits and an Account Reset.

Make sure you transfer your items to an alt if you're resetting your account.

Also, if you're going to get a Grinder, then only use 50 Strength. If you're going for a USAS or Heavy Machine Guns, than get 100 Strength. If you're not going for any of those, than stick with 40, and an LR8 Reactive.

Last edited by Jarki on Sat May 30, 2009 9:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
mr dr sir man
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:55 pm

what is the difference between reset and account reset?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 9:57 pm

Edited my message.

Account Reset allows you to COMPLETELY restart your account, at level 1. I'm unsure if that means a class change and look change. But you lose all your money, items, and restart at Level 1.

Stat Reset just resets your level, and then gives you the same amount of experience you had accumulated total, enough to level up to exactly where you were before.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 10:02 pm

Jarki wrote:

Also, if you're going to get a Grinder, then only use 50 Strength. If you're going for a USAS or Heavy Machine Guns, than get 100 Strength. If you're not going for any of those, than stick with 40, and an LR8 Reactive.

!!

*Was planning on getting 55 so I can use my best available armor and my Grinder, then eventually level it up to 70 so I can wear the best.*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 10:13 pm

Err, I meant 55.

But no, don't go to 70. Isn't worth it, unless you plan on getting Protecta/USAS-12/FN Minimi/FN MAG/M60/GAU-19.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 10:17 pm

I dont, they seem like hogs, this is from when a grinder was 100
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 10:19 pm

Alrighty. I wonder if any of these "10 new armours" will make it worthwhile to increase strength further.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 10:22 pm

Grinders kickass now, require 50 Strength and always have, and 100 Melee.

And I hope so. Maybe a 100 Strength Armour...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 10:35 pm

*Calls dibs on the 100 strength copy of "Megaman Trigger" armour*

Hee hee hee...

*Realizes no one else wanted it, anyway*

... Well to hell with the lot of you!
Back to top Go down
mr dr sir man
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 11:33 pm

the new inventory make it worth while to increase strength
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 11:43 pm

That isn't related to strength at all, it's related to Level.
Back to top Go down
mr dr sir man
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 11:52 pm

rly? i have an account with same lvl as austin0158 and austin0158 has lower strength and smaller invantory
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 11:56 pm

Are you quite certain both accounts were made after the inventory update?
Back to top Go down
mr dr sir man
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySat May 30, 2009 11:59 pm

oh yea ur right nope the first one wasnt i fogot
Back to top Go down
Synyster Gates
Harbinger of Words 2.0
Synyster Gates

Number of posts : 92

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2009 1:07 am

I made the mistake of getting high strength on Syn, thinking it would increase the damage that me melee attacks would do. You know, standard RPG afair. I ended up having to create a new character focused on crit, as for some reason, that effects the damage your melee does more than strength. Strength does nothing but let you equip new stuff.
Back to top Go down
mr dr sir man
Survivor

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2009 10:19 am

i think strenght should effect how fast you swing and how much mele damage you do
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Question concerning criticals.   Question concerning criticals. - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Question concerning criticals.
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next