Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)

Go down 
+9
Trig
Moose
Col Awesome
fatalitywolf
Austin Powers
Wesker
Lightning
Uvana
Imp
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) Empty
PostSubject: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 10:39 pm

The thunderheads drew near

The sky ripped free
And down fell the wrath
Of the gods

The Earth split asunder
As did all hope

As one, the world cried out

And death answered:

Lo and behold! I am the end arisen! Rise and answer my call!

Who shall stand?
No
Not thee
For thou art weak

Who shall fall?
No
Not thee
For thou art damned

Damned to suffer this

Doth thou understand?
No
Not thee
For thou art ignorant

Canst thou hope to understand?
No
Not thee
For thou art filled with predispositions

Death is not as it is
Yet it is

Come, mortals!
Come and dance with me!
Canst thou not hear the music?

Come, mortals!
Come and toast with me!
Canst thou not taste the wine?

Come, mortals!
Come and run with me!
Canst thou not feel the wind?

Come, mortals!
Come and burn with me!
Canst thou not smell the smoke?

Come, mortals!
Come and die!
Canst thou not see me?

Ah… But of course thou cannot.

But thou shalt dance with me some day.
And thou shalt taste of my wine.
And Thou shalt try to run from me.

But thou shalt burn.
And thou shalt die.

- - - - -

Ram, Roye, and Jet were the only ones left alive.

Surprisingly, Reynard had been the first to fall, followed shortly by Varias and John in the armory. Minutes later, Ibarastre and Xasazan both died painfully beneath the murderholes. Wylie survived the initial scathe, but soon died from his burns after being dragged from the scene by Edfort, who was soon taken down by arrows. Bigg was later impaled on the ramparts with a ballistae shaft, shortly after watching Flaya lose half of his skull to an axe. Gorm almost made it to the throne room, but a catapult had smashed him to pieces with a boulder, mere inches from the end.

Thus, the only three knights remaining in the entire castle went forward to meet their destiny.

Crashing through the door, it quickly became evident that they were too late. Dozens of corpses littered the floor. One such corpse was their king. His killer still stood over him in his gleaming black platemail.

Roye slowly lowered his head in defeat, but Ram and Jet weren't ready to give up just yet. "You will pay for this!!" Ram roared, brandishing his mighty bastard sword, while Jet bared his sabre and announced, "Here lay good people, every one of them!"

The killer said nothing. He merely knelt and removed the king's royal medallion from his crushed neck. As he rose again, Jet noticed that the killer wore a large number of strange and ornate necklaces.

Tokens... From other conquered lands.

"Have you no honor?!" Ram demanded, his sword still red with the blood of those he'd smashed through in order to rescue his king. All for naught. "Prepare to die!!"

He took a step forward. Jet and Roye did the same, their weapons at the ready.

"Is this truly honorable? Three on one?" Asked the killer, his voice muffled, and his expression unreadable under his helm.

Ram and Jet hesitated for a moment, but Roye ran forward with rage in his eyes. “I’ll kill you, you bastard!” He shouted, with his blade raised over his head in anticipation of the strike.

It took only three strokes.

The dead throne room rang with the song of steel, as the killer drew his blade to meet Roye’s. Rearing back, Roye crouched under the killers blade, and lunged with his weapon. In a graceful sweeping motion, the killer knocked Roye’s sword to the side, then slide his own up and around in a murderous arc, slashing a massive hole in Roye’s throat through his gorget.

The brave knight fell over the corpse of his king, and bled his life away.

“Roye!” Jet shouted, as his friend perished. But it was too late.

Ram wasted no time in continuing the fierce melee. “Now you face me!” He shouted, rushing forward to meet his enemy. Ram’s first blow was a brutal sideslash, executed with a spinning flourish. In expert fashion, the killer parried the blow, and answered with a stab, which Ram sidestepped.

For honor’s sake, Jet gritted his teeth and stayed behind. “Get the bastard!” He yelled, above the sharp peal of the blades as they dinned before him.

And the deadly dance continued back and forth along the room, over cold corpses and even colder blood.

Narrowly avoiding another stab, Ram feinted a downward slash, then spun away at the last second to deliver a sideslash from the opposite side of his initial blow. Despite the clever ruse, it yielded him nothing as the killer parried it as well. Shouting out his rage, Ram lifted his blade behind his back, and brought it down in a devastating slash that could easily have split the killer asunder. However, the man in black narrowly dodged it at the last second. The resulting momentum caused Ram to step forward and fall to one knee.

“Ram!!” Jet shouted, but his friend never even saw it coming.

The killer raised his free palm to Ram’s skull, where it glowed yellow for a moment, and then exploded in a bright white light. When the glare subsided, Ram no longer had a head.

And then something strange happened… The moonlight shone on the killers helm, revealing his eyes through the darkness of his visor.

They were red, and they burned with the mark of fire.

It was too much.

Jet ran.

People scorn his cowardice to this very day.

But he lived.

And in doing so, saved us all.

- - - - -

“If life is a game, then what is death?” - Excerpt from the suicide note of Jiakom VII

- - - - -

Yes, I remember him well, though it’s been at least two dozen summers.

He was the strangest of creatures… Mysterious and barely tangible, his subject is one of speculation.

However…

He was a god. This much is certain.

Standing seven feet tall, his body was bronzed, like a field of grain in the midsummer heat. He was long in the face, with crimson hair that fell to his shoulders and across his forehead in lazy silken curls. His only blemish was a small, dark beauty mark under his right eye. Those eyes… Like orbs of fire, always narrowed in conjunction with the cocky smile he wore perpetually. But this smile went beyond cockiness; it belied the confidence of one who knew that nothing in the world could ever touch him, or the perfection that he wrought.

His body was utterly devoid of scars, scratches, or scuffs. Serenity pervaded his very nature and countenance. There was truly nothing to attest to the number of people he’d killed. He didn’t even carry a weapon, nor did he wear armour.

Wherever he went, he was always met with an abundantly warm welcome, if not a fanfare in his honor. Nothing was forbidden to him. He ate, drank, and slept what he wished, and wherever he wished, and he partook of whichever female tickled his fancy at the moment. He even partook of the men from time to time. He was easily more beautiful than handsome, a fact that never went unnoticed to the envious lovers he entertained.

And wherever the winds took him, his enemies followed and fell. Many would come upon him with weapons in hand, jealous of that which could never be theirs.

They all met the same fate. Some met that fate headless, some in pieces, and others with their bowels spilling from their ruined guts. None could survive the fabric of existence, as it was being ripped in twain by the inexplicable forces that dwelled within this god.

Obviously the reason he was devoid of scars was because he had never taken so much as a scratch. None had ever succeeded in marring his perfect skin with sword nor sorcery.

This god had many children, as should be expected of one who took so many partners. Unfortunately, none were ever blessed with their father’s perfect appearance. Indeed, the only thing they ever inherited from him were his crimson eyes. Every single one of his bastards had them. It was how they were recognized. “The mark of fire,” those eyes came to be called.

Despite their impure blood and bastard birth, the children were always exalted. The boys were raised to lordship when they came of age, and the girls where the prized mistresses of every king’s harem.

Their father’s birth name was kept a secret. To speak it was to defile beauty with the stinking breath of mortals. Therefore, his children gave him the secondary name of Cassidus.

Twenty years passed, but Cassidus never aged a day. His early bastards even began to look older than him.

Then one day, the thunderheads bore down over the grasslands. Such weather was unexpected for that time of year. As it just so happened, Cassidus was sitting under a pear tree with one of his bastards when it happened.

His eldest son, Cassman, was fast approaching his twenty-first birthday. This day would mark him as a man in Vanrandesian law. “Father,” he said to Cassidus as the thunder began to rumbled, “I am nearly a man now.”

“So you are.” Cassidus replied with that warm smile of his. “Tell me,” Cassman continued, “How do I become more like you?”

Cassidus’s smile waned at his son’s question.
“You cannot,” was his only answer.

“But father!” Cassman pleaded, his tone turning plaintive, “Surely I of all people can! What is the secret of your power?” To this, Cassidus gave his son an apologetic look and responded, “You cannot understand.” This response confused his son.

“Try me,” demanded Cassman. Cassidus shrugged, “The secret of my power… Is death.” He said in a voice laced with regret.

Thunder cracked, and lightning flashed across the sky. “You’re wrong.” Cassman said, his voice turning to acid, “I understand perfectly.”

Lightning flashed again directly overhead. Before the thundercrack could even be heard, Cassman produced a knife, and plunged it into his father’s heart.

No one knows what happened to Cassman after that.

Last edited by Trigger on Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:07 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 10:40 pm

Sign-in and info will be posted very soon. Perhaps tomorrow.

The RP itself won't begin for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:14 pm

omg <3
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:19 pm

Looks awesome, this will, be fun, but know I have to create a person to go with the theme of awesome.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 6:04 pm

I can still be the Court Jester, right?

And I have questions about the power of Illusion. What would it be classified as? Dark? Light?
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Badass
Badass
Konstantine

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 6:55 pm

Fuuuuu yeah!
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 7:37 pm

I wonder if an arcane warrior is out of the question?
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 7:41 pm

Pest02 wrote:
I can still be the Court Jester, right?

And I have questions about the power of Illusion. What would it be classified as? Dark? Light?

The magic list I previously provided was just for combat. There's other categories for non-combative magic, such as illusion.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:05 pm

Hmm....this opens up brand new possibilities....

I shall now have my wind/illusion mage Jester.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 8:45 pm

Thanks for finding that, Pesty! Now to edit some slightly, and add a new race.

Humans = The most populous. Very racist, for the most part. They're pretty average in most ways.

Elves = Their happy forest land was burned and defecated upon. Elves are highly unpopular, and are often killed on sight. Best to hide those pointy ears of yours.

Dwarves= Tolerated, due to their elite craftsmanship. Either way, they prefer to live in the mountains.

Orcs = Very few still inhabit Nobenos, due to a "social-cleansing" perpetrated fifty years ago by a king who wasn't particularly fond of Orcs. However, that king is long dead, and Orcs are tolerated again due to their usefulness as soldiers. Nonetheless, many chose not to return. They now inhabit the Southern Isles.

Ogres = Almost extinct. The few remaining are in captivity. Due to selective breeding and gene manipulation, they no longer resemble their recent ancestors. A picture will be posted.

Messers, Ein Messers, and Grosse Messers = Extinct.

Jzekkomors = A special type of human from the eastern islands. Two centuries past, they inexplicably began to appear among normal humans. Twenty years ago, they banded together and drove every other race on the islands to extinction. They are named after the first of their kind, Jzekkomor. Little else is known about them.

Nabbers and Uess Nabbers = Extinct.

Sylvari = Only one ever existed. She was born from parents who loved Guild Wars. The Sylvari are now extinct.

Vampires = They have been defeated and subjugated by the humans. They reside in death camps along the sunny western coast. Surprisingly, vampires taste rather good, and people like to eat them. Very few remain free. They're the powerful or smart ones.

Zanbatir = Half elf, and half anything else. Usually human. Magically adept, and physically strong. They are tolerated by the crown, due to their non-elven ancestry. However, a large proportion of the common-people fail to agree. In order to ensure their safety, a small colony of Zanbatir was established in the south. They live their lives as warrior monks.

Jiouth Goubouthos = Half human, half dwarf. They inherited dwarven muscle, and human tallness. As a result, they are powerful warriors, feared by all. Commonly called Jogobs.

Syath Goubouthos = Half human, half dwarf. They inherited dwarven shortness, and human weakness. Simply put, they are midgets. They do not command a lot of respect. Commonly called Sygobs.

The Dark Ones = Little is known about them. They are thought to be ghosts.

The Marked Ones = Known by their piercing red eyes as the bastard children of a dead god. There are about sixty of them, between the ages of 24 and 46. They are widely respected as something beyond human, and possess a certain unnatural knack for magic.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:05 pm

Time to add some mo'! Remember, "Level" simply denotes how many posts it takes to charge the spell. Therefore, some levels might be missing. You cannot learn any spells higher than level 5.

HEALING
Level 5 - Revivification (Revive unconscious character to full health)
Level 4 - Regenerate (Party medium heal)
Level 3 also - Rehabilitate (Party minor heal)
Level 3 - Rejuvenate (Single major heal)
Level 2 - Recuperate (Single medium heal)
Level 1 - Reinvigorate (Single minor heal)

FIRE
Level 6 - Halter Brent
Level 5 - Ashen Field
Level 4 - Raze
Level 3 - Scathe
Level 2 - Burn
Level 1 - Cinder

WATER
Level 6 - Geyser Brent
Level 5 - Drowning Field
Level 4 - Flood
Level 3 - Torrent
Level 2 - Submerge
Level 1 - Water Jet

LIGHTNING
Level 6 - Flijmbafet
Level 5 - Lancing Field
Level 4 - Smite
Level 3 - Electrocute
Level 2 - Bolt
Level 1 - Spark

WIND
Level 5 - Falling Field
Level 4 - Tempest
Level 3 - Tornado
Level 2 - Gale
Level 1 - Straight

EARTH

Level 6 - Shoustegahl
Level 5 - Crushing Field
Level 4 - Earth Split
Level 3 - Quake
Level 2 - Glaive
Level 1 - Tremor

FOREST
Level 6 - Assimilation
Level 5 - Consuming Field
Level 4 - Devour
Level 3 - Drain
Level 2 - Sap
Level 1 - Leech

LIGHT
Level 15 - Almight
Level 6 - Schism
Level 5 - Hollow Field
Level 4 - Holy
Level 3 - Purge
Level 2 - Scour
Level 1 - Shine

DARK

Level 6 - Luster Brent
Level 5 - Negative Field
Level 4 - Black Hole
Level 3 - Abyss
Level 2 - Void
Level 1 - Shade

In addition, you can also perform several "tricks" for instance, you can create illusions, move smaller things with your mind, and bend weakminded creatures to your will... Like a Jedi, yes.

THE SPELL CYCLE

Fire beats Forest beats Earth beats Lightning beats Water beats Fire

Wind has no weakness, but is also the least effective.

Light and Dark are the most powerful, and can only be deflected by a combination of spells double their level, cast before it can be fully charged. Or another light/dark spell of equal
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptyMon Jan 25, 2010 9:11 pm

In order to stop an enemy from casting a spell, you must deal however much damage the level of the spell is, times 10.

So if I was casting a level 5 spell, you would have to hit me with 50 damage, or else you'd get blasted.

Also, say, if I was charging a fire spell, then you could attack me with water magic and deal double damage.

Light and dark spells require 20x damage to cancel out.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 4:23 pm

I guess the gnomes are still being mistaken for child dwarves and not count as a race.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 7:03 pm

The timeline~

493 AR - Barthathos Golvaga is born.

499 AR - The events of SoS1 take place.

510 AR - Barthathos goes back in time, triggering the event sof SoS1.

512 AR - Valtre Freid and his sons are killed in a fire. The Wars of Succession begin.

515 AR - The war ends with the capture and execution of Thomas Rame. Umillion Hyle becomes king.

519 AR - Umillion’s only daughter is raped and killed by a rogue elf. In anger, Umillion assembles all of his forces.

520 AR - The Elven War begins.

522 AR - The elves lose, and their home forest of Fioldafrolis is burned to the ground. An eighth of the elven population survives and goes into hiding.

528 AR - After years of being harassed by the western ogres, Port Golgrist is successfully built over the remains of Fioldafrolis.

532 AR - Umillion dies from dysentery. His eldest son Umar succeeds him.

534 AR - Umar marries princess Kyna Mayna from the northern Burghs, hoping to join them to Nobenos.

535 AR - Kyna has Umar poisoned in an attempt to secure the throne for her and her incestuous brother, Kerrom. The people revolt.

536 AR - After a year of siege, the capital is taken. Kyna is raped and murdered on the steps of the royal chapel. Kerrom escapes by boat, only to wash up dead on the shores of Gindrole, a fortnight later. Encon Roye is elected king.

538 AR - Pirates harass and pillage the southern coast en masse. Encon responds with force.

539 AR - The pirates are destroyed in a brilliant ambush off the coast of Anterlein.

541 AR - In an attempt to pay for his campaign against the pirates, Encon passes a law making it illegal to practice magic without an expensive license.

542 AR - The law is repealed following pressure from the Guild of Magi, which, at the time, believed in the open practice of sorcery.

546 AR - Encon dies in a fall from a horse. His eldest son Jakkram succeeds to the throne.

556 AR - Ten years of relative stability. Little change is made, due to Jakkram’s general distaste for change. Sensing weakness in Nobenos’s silence, the Southern Isles invade. The First Orcish War begins.

557 AR - Much of the Orcish fleet is sunk at sea by the royal Navy, making their eventual landing party much weaker than it could have been.

558 AR - Domang, an important trading city, is ransacked and burned. Thousands are killed.

559 AR - After two years of stalemate, the orcs lose a decisive battle at Waive’Reim. They are beaten into a corner at the southwestern coast.

560 AR - The war ends with a final orcish defeat at Yandon. The treaty of Yandon is signed, and the orcs return home.

563 AR - Jakkram dies from tuberculosis, a disease which had been brought over by the orcs during the war. In all, 100,000 people died from it. Jakkram’s eldest son Eddmund succeeds the throne.

566 AR - Following a hunting accident, Eddmund loses an arm to gangrene.

568 AR - Eddmund dies from tuberculosis. His younger brother, Kilburr, succeeds the throne at the age of seventeen.

570 AR - Kilburr is crippled by an accidental arrow to the spine, a week from his nineteenth birthday.

572 AR - Killbur is poisoned by his food-taster. His younger brother, Kayla, succeeds the throne at the age of seventeen.

575 AR - Kayla is assassinated with a crossbow bolt on his way to the chapel.. With nobody left in the family line, the Duke of Ronling, Ezer Ganaia, is elected king.

577 AR - Following an attempt on his life by a bandit mage, Ezer passes a bill making the practice of ALL magic illegal.

578 AR - Ezer and his young son are murdered by Archmage Dessius Claigh. Dessius takes the throne, and the ban on sorcery is lifted.

579 AR - Following sorcery’s close brush with condemnation, the Guild of Magi adopts a more reserved stance on the topic of public magic.

583 AR - Dessius orders the execution of the Duke of Borbanst, a known mage hater, for plotting treason.

584 AR - Dessius is afflicted with the blinding sickness.

586 AR - Dessius passes away at the age of 91. He is succeeded by his second-in-command, Archaeus Symsallet.

590 AR - Archaeus drowns when his ferry is capsized by the Hydragon of the northern sea. His eldest son, Zaemes, succeeds the throne and launches a crusade for the head of the Hydragon.

593 AR - After three years of searching, the Hydragon is found along the northeastern whirlpools. In a vicious battle, the navy is obliterated, and the Hydragon escapes.

594 AR - Sensing weakness yet again, the orcs of the Southern Isles break the treaty of Yandon, and attack. Without a navy, Nobenos was completely defenseless against the incoming horde. Thus, the Second Orcish War began.

596 AR - The orcs destroy their way to the capital building, but are held at the gates by the powerful sorcerers of the Guild of Magi. Lacking sorcerers of their own, the orcs could do no nothing but wait.

598 AR - Bitter and burned, the unsuccessful orcs are forced to abandon Nobenos, and all of the lands they conquered.

599 AR - Zaemes passes a decree calling for the execution of every orc remaining in Nobenos. Few survive.

602 AR - Zaemes drowns when his ferry is capsized by the Kraken. A law is passed, prohibiting pleasure boating in the northern sea. Zaemes’s infant son, Yelorndt, succeeds the throne, but is too young to rule. Zaemes’s adviser, Bargus Bay, serves as king regent.

607AR - A drought afflicts Nobenos. Thousands starve as the food dies.

610 AR - The droughts come to an end.

613 AR - Banditry runs wild in the east. They are promptly snuffed out by Bargus.

617 AR - Bargus dies of a fever. Edroy Emillus takes over as king regent.

621 AR - Yelorndt comes of age, and takes the throne in full.

622 AR - Yelorndt is murdered by his lover, Darius John. Yelorndt’s older cousin, Kohmos Symsallet, succeeds the throne.

624 AR - Barthathos Golvaga is murdered at the age of 131.

625 AR - Cassidus is born. The same day, a meteor crashes into his village, killing everyone except him. He is later found by a passing hermit.

626 AR - Kohmos dies from smallpox without heirs. His nephew, Jiakom VII, a famous chess player, succeeds the throne.

630 AR - Jiakom repeals the decree ordering that all orcs be killed on sight. Orcs are allowed to return to Nobenos. Few do.

632 AR - Jiakom loses a leg to gangrene, after being attacked by a Vesticore.

633 AR - Jiakom slowly goes insane from the slow effects of the Vesticore’s poison.

635 AR - Jiakom commits suicide. Heirless, the Duke of Revant, Asonso Hallgo, is elected king.

639 AR - A fissure erupts along the Dain line, splitting Nobenos in half along a quarter-mile chasm. Thousands are killed.

642 AR - A network of bridges is complete, reconnecting the halves.

643 AR - Cassman, the first of Cassidus’s bastards, is born.

644 AR - The Duke of Legrand, the richest of the counties, challenges Cassidus to a duel on the grounds that Cassidus violated his wife. Cassidus defeats the Duke, and wins his position and fortune. Bored at the thought of staying in the same place, Cassidus heads west the next day. (The rest of Cassidus’s exploits are poorly chronicled)

647 AR - Emperor Asonso contracts leprosy. The ancient law demanding the execution of lepers is repealed.

648 AR - Urlo Bo, Duke of Hamedy, goes missing.

650 AR - Asonso dies. His eldest son, Konso, succeeds the throne.

653 AR - Shadow Wilds descend from the mountains, and destroy the villages of Holt, Jammer, and Gerion. The combined military might of Bonon an Frenett help to repel the demons. The dwarves swear they had no hand in the matter.

657 AR - The Magul Spire, headquarters of the Guild of Magi, is mysteriously burned. The perpetrator is still unknown.

658 AR - Konso is found dead in his bedchamber, strangled. His eldest son Belgrave succeeds the throne.

660 AR - The hamlet of Egre mysteriously goes up in flames, just like the Guild of Magi.

663 AR - Cassandre, the last of Cassidus’s bastards, is born to an elven woman.

664 AR - Cassidus is murdered.

666 AR - Queen Dothra is raped and killed by her own guards. All of them are emasculated, flayed, and drowned.

667 AR - The Hydragon is spotted along the northwestern coast ; the first sighting in 74 years. He has not been sighted since.

668 AR - News of a revolution comes from the Eastern Continent. Few facts are concrete, but the existence of a new government is confirmed.

670 AR - The southern Isles, home of the orcs, is decimated by an unknown force.

671 AR - Reports confirm that there can be no more than four thousand orcs left in the entire world.

674 AR - King Belgrave commits suicide. He is succeeded by his eldest son, Valmung.

676 AR - The Northern Burghs, home of the Nordic people, mysteriously sink into the sea after being obliterated and burned.

677 AR - Valmung calls for a dramatic increase in military might, fearing an imminent attack. Hardships are felt by people everywhere.

780 AR - Valmung is forced to double taxes in order to pay for his ever-growing army. This is not a popular move.

682 AR - Valmung is forced to triple taxes in order to expand upon the navy. People grow treasonous.

685 AR - Nobenos is hit with another drought. This is the last straw for the Nobenese, who begin to rebel against their paranoid king.

686 AR - Valmung makes several concessions in order to avoid being overthrown. Taxes drop.

687 AR - Since the military was not cut back to normal following Valmung’s concessions, their funding ran out. The army and navy are severely weakened.

688 AR - Current date. The capital has just been seized and gutted by an unknown force. King Valmung is dead. Nobenos has fallen.

Last edited by Der Triggst on Tue Jan 26, 2010 7:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 7:14 pm

Awesome sauce all around Trigg.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 8:17 pm

When I saw "Dain", I thought it was "Daein" or whatever from FE.
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Survivor
Lightning

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 8:29 pm

Can I be an ogre supremacist?I would pop in at random times trying to get people to free me.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 9:16 pm

Planed account.

Name:Raziel of Dizza

Img: Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) TW_Geralt

Type:Arcane Warrior(if possible) if not just warrior

Back story: Raziel is a member of an of order monster hunters, the White Fangs. The training has made him an excellent warrior and some given him some magical skill. He was on his way to the capitol to collect his pay for when he killed the blasquard when he spotted the ruins from atop a mountain. He is now in a tavern of one of the surrounding villages.

Personalty: Smart, courageous, next to fearless, ruthless.

Last edited by Z 1 on Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 9:36 pm

I don't have high hopes... you spelled "planned" wrong.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptyTue Jan 26, 2010 9:58 pm

“The appetizer is turtle soup. Of course it has a fancier name.”, the Queen’s hand maid replied, drying his hands against his graying apron. The kitchen was Poliloko’s thinking ground, where he interrogated the chefs and hand maids for every aspect of a meal or formal get together so he could perfect his routine.

“Soup…”, Poliloko whispered to himself. “I shall juggle with swords for the appetizer. The main course is stuffed pig, correct?”

“That is correct.”, the hand maid replied. “Dinner will be ready in two to three hours.”

“Ok. Now, bear with me here, I am going to enchant two suits of armor and have them sit inside as the suits do battle.”, Poliloko said, sliding across the kitchen and making fighting noises. “One will contain The Princess and the other The Prince. The Princess will defeat the Prince and remove her helmet.”

“The Princess does not need a suit of armor to defeat the Prince.”

“It’s a show!”, Poliloko shouted, jumping in the air but accidently kitting a rack of pans on the ceiling. The jester and the cooking supplies fell into a crumpled heap on the floor. The hand maid smiled for a few seconds, and then returned to his indifferent expression. The pans floated upward and re-hung themselves on the rack.

“Jester, can you go fetch some nutmeg out of the pantry?”, the maid replied. “The Queen often acknowledges that there is never enough nutmeg in her soup. Please deposit it next to her chair where she can find it.”

With that, the hand maid left the kitchen. Poliloko stood there for a few more moments until something hot spilled onto his leg and he realized that the dinner was still cooking and he was very much in the way of the chefs and other people who work in the kitchen.

Poliloko did a cartwheel on the way to the pantry, making it his duty to flatter a couple of concubines that were walking the other way. They giggled cheerfully as he took one of their scarves and danced with it for awhile before giving it back and bowing them goodbye.

Their deaths were masked by Poliloko slamming the pantry door.

“Light! I command you on!”, Poliloko shouted. The bells that were on the tip of every spoke of his funny looking hat began to emit their own light, filling the room. There was a whole shelf dedicated to nutmeg. Poliloko took one, and loosened the cap so it was barely on. He loosened the caps on nearly everything else he could reach, and used magic to loosen the rest. He commanded his lights off, and skipped to the door.

Poliloko giggled happily, and left the pantry. There was blood on the ground, the two concubines lay slaughtered on the floor. The dining hall door at the end of the hall slammed. Poliloko looked around for a weapon of sorts, but noticed that the hall had suits of armor.

“I command you to life!”, he shouted at them. They stood still for a few moments before stomping heavily off of their pedestals. “Defend the castle! There’s a murder on the loose!”

They followed Poliloko in a clanking, clumsy fashion. Poliloko had to rebuild them twice on the way down the hallway. Eventually, they burst into the dining hall to find a red trimmed black knight strangling the life out of the Queen’s hand maid.

“Defend yourself!”, Poliloko shouted for honor’s sake. The two suits of armor, nothing more than steel and a tad bit of magic, advanced on the black knight. The knight made a noise that sounded like laughter, cruel and cold.

“Attack!”, Poliloko shouted, his two knights charging in a valiant manner. The dark knight simply swept them away. They clattered noisily against the ground, useless now that Poliloko couldn’t spend the time putting them back together.

“I have no idea who you are sir, but you are a murderer. Please surrender yourself for arrest.”, Poliloko announced, but was quieted when he was grabbed by the throat and swung around a bit.

More cruel laughter, and now it was inside Poliloko’s head as he lost began to lose consciousness. Poliloko went limp, and the knight tossed him out of the dining hall window.

Poliloko fell at least three stories until he managed to grip onto a ledge. He climbed down the remaining floors and made it to the stables.

Luckily, or unluckily for their owners, there were a few horses still tied up. Poliloko, a skilled rider because of his need for cheap tricks, now stole a horse for his own survival.

He didn’t know which direction he rode, but he rode hard. He rode as far as the horse would allow. He didn’t know if he was followed, but he knew that his life as he knew it no longer existed.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptyFri Jan 29, 2010 6:37 pm

So when is this rp due?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 12:16 pm

Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 2:36 pm

Z 1 wrote:

Img: Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) TW_Geralt

AHAHA! The Witcher. Played that game, 'twas amazing.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 3:21 pm

Waiting for it to come out on the 360 so I can play it.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 3:40 pm

That'll be a while..

Just get the PC Version, Fer cryin' out loud!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) Empty

Back to top Go down

Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next