Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)

Go down 
+9
Trig
Moose
Col Awesome
fatalitywolf
Austin Powers
Wesker
Lightning
Uvana
Imp
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 3:59 pm

My PC cant handle it, and its supposed to be out soon, besides I got Bio 2, mass 2, dead space 2, heavy rain, FF 13 to get also.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 12:48 pm

The time draws near.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 12:59 pm

How near? And can we have the sign in sheet?
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 1:25 pm

So near that it will probably be launched the next day in which I don't have to work. Which might be Tuesday.

Sign in sheet! It's pretty small, since I'd like to learn about you mostly through the RP itself. I'll post a map later and some additional information, so you can figure out where you want to start.

You can do pretty much whatever you want as far as combat goes (except decisive battles), so the "Combative Preference" below is actually fairly moot. I'd just like an idea of what your character will be like.

Here's my sign-in as an example:

Name(s) -
Cassandre (Kuh-Sonder)
-Sandy
-Cassy

Race(s) -
Zanbatir / Marked One
(Half Elf / half ???)

Gender(s) -
Male

Age(s) -
Outward appearance - 25 years of age
Actual age - 25 years of age (Elven longevity gene is dormant)

Appearance(s) - (Picture required for your life monitors)
<-- My avatar

Combative Preference(s) - (Like I said, you aren't restricted by your choice here.)
Sabre or Polearm + Arm Guard + Fire Magic. High Speed/Low Damage.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 1:38 pm

Question: Can I have floating swords fight for me?

Name:
Poliloko (Poe-lee-o-ko)
Polly
Pokey

Race:
Zanbatir
Half Elf/Half Human

Appearance:
<-Avatar

Combative Preference:
Whip + Illusion Swords + Minor Levitation. High Speed/Low damage.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 2:34 pm

Name(s) -
Raziel (Ra-zee-el
Raz

Race(s) -
Human

Gender(s) -
Male

Age(s) -
23, hair is white from training

Appearance(s)
<-- My avatar

Combative Preference(s)
Bastard sword + Studded Gauntlets + Fire Magic. Mid speed/Mid damage.
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Badass
Badass
Konstantine

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 2:38 pm

Is it the same in SOS1, where each character has some kind of special ability?

(Also, space reserved for sign in.)
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:14 pm

I'm not sure....
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 4:32 pm

I just noticed this.

657 AR - The Magul Spire, headquarters of the Guild of Magi, is mysteriously burned. The perpetrator is still unknown.

I can imagine the Banana Lord setting something on fire.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 6:35 pm

Name(s) -
Istolil Caborel

Race(s) -

Drow/Night Elf

Gender(s) -

Multiple genders!?
Male

Age(s) -
Outward appearance - Like 30
Actual age - Like 60

Appearance(s) -
Link. Not really the way I want him to look, but like every other picture I found was of Drizzt. Basically imagine that with shorter hair, less homosexual earings, and redder eyes. (I think the eyes in the picture are white?)

Combative Preference(s)
:
Unarmed Combat + Water Magic + Earth Magic
Low Speed/High Damage

Final Edit for real this time. Ha! I lied. This time is the final one for REALZORS though.

Last edited by Penguin Hunter on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:54 pm; edited 7 times in total
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 6:38 pm

By the way, still mad about you killing my Orc.

Angry

If things don't go well with Istolil, I'm making Gurog Irondead.

Get it?! Because he's dead!

*cries*
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 6:43 pm

Tinie could still be alive....along with Braag.

Tinie would be about 210 years old, and Braag is about 700.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 12:32 am

@ Pest = Yes, and approved ~

@ Pengory = He needed to die! )=< Oh, and approved.

@ Z = Approved!

@ Konneh = Yes and no. You don't have to designate a special ability. This time around, you can do whatever you damn well please, except when battling the more important bastards. You won't even have life bars except during crucial duels.

Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 More_l10
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 1:55 pm

Name:
Corvus V. Marius

Race:
Vampire

157 years old, although he appears to be in his mid-30's.

Appearance:
Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 1871025266

Weaponry:
Longsword, throwing knives, his teeth, Mind-trickery. High speed/Low damage.

An exceptionally wise and skilled Vampire, he has used mind-manipulation among other tactics to avoid capture.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 3:57 pm

Eight people if/when Austin joins up, seems like a nice number.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 4:42 pm

Jen doesn't want to log in just to post her character, so....

Name: Annette Marquis Von Hellington

Race:
Elf

280 actually.

Appearance:

Weaponry:
Longbow + Shortsword

Last edited by Pest02 on Mon Feb 01, 2010 6:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 5:48 pm

Damn everyone for choosing throwing knives. Angry

*Changes character*

Question. Forest magic seems as though it works like it does in poke'mon, where you deal damage to an opponent and than gain some health back from it. Does it work this way, or are the spell names just misleading?

Also, since Light and Dark are the most powerful, does one have to be a "pure mage" type character to use them?

I'm trying to choose between Forest, Dark, and Healing...
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:08 pm

Most of us are thieves.

Also, why not allow me to be our buff mage? We need a healer.
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:15 pm

Name(s) - Danbtr Whoreson (Dan-BAT-ar)

Race(s) -
Zanbatir
(Half Elf / Half Human)

Gender(s) -
Male

Age(s) -
Outward appearance - 28 years of age
Actual age - 28 years of age

Appearance(s) - (Picture required for your life monitors)
Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 Gould_elfdruid400

Combative Preference(s) - (Like I said, you aren't restricted by your choice here.)
short sword+dagger+steel toed boots (fast speed/medium damage)

Last edited by Austin Powers on Tue Feb 02, 2010 6:57 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:17 pm

Yeah, I noticed almost everyone is going for a rouge-type character. I'm probably going to completely re-do mine into an Archer or something.
Back to top Go down
Konstantine
Badass
Badass
Konstantine

Number of posts : 19

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:13 pm

I might be the healer if everyone else wants to be the dark and mysterious assassin.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 9:31 pm

Would be nice to have a medic in the group.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:11 pm

I'm pretty sure Pest just stated on the last page that he wanted to be a "Team Buffer" of sorts.
My guess would be that he would be the group healer, but if you would also like to be one, go right ahead.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 12:25 am

All applications approved~ You will be added onto the battle display in the near future.

Nay, Forest magic does not heal you. It just saps the shit out of things.

Explanations!!

Normal battles -
You can do whatever you want. We find some epicsauce early in the adventure, which accounts for our leet ability to control all the elemental majicks. Most peeps can't do that. Character specialization in this category is moot, and only exists for flavor.

Battles against B.O.S.S.E.S (Badass Overpowered Soul-Shattering Evil Skankwhores) -

- I will control the boss.

- We take turns. First the boss posts an action, then each combatant gets to post a single response. After everyone responds, then the boss will post again, and the pattern will continue until one party is dead.

- Your MP (Mental Power) gauge is extremely important. Pay attention to the following actions, which you can choose ONE of in each of your posts.

- - Light attacks - Deal 1 Damage. Has a 100% hit rate with a full MP gauge. As the gauge decreases, your likelihood of hitting decreases as well. A half gauge results in a 50% hit rate. An empty gauge results in a 10% hit rate. If you choose to use a normal attack, then your MP gauge will increase 5%.

- - Hard attacks - Deal 4 Damage. Has half the likelihood of hitting as a light attack does. A full bar = 50% chance. A half-empty bar = a 25% chance. An empty gauge means a 0% chance. If you use a hard attack, then your MP gauge will increase 5%.

- - Block - Cuts incoming damage in half. Its chance of success is identical to that of the light attack, meaning that a full bar = 100% success, a half-empty bar = 50% success, etc. Blocking restores your MP gauge 5%.

- - Avoid - Negates all incoming damage. Its chance of success is identical to that of the hard attack. Restores your MP gauge 5%.

- - Bide your time - Restores your MP gauge 25%. Any attack aimed at you WILL hit.

- - Level 1 combat majick - Deals 3 damage. Can be used the post after you declare the beginning of your charge. 80% accuracy at all times. Drains the MP gauge 20%. Canceled by taking damage. During your charging state, attacks only have a 50% chance of hitting you.

- - Level 2 combat majick - Deals 9 damage. Takes two posts to use. 80% accuracy at all times. Drains the MP gauge 40%. Canceled by taking damage. During your charging state, attacks only have a 50% chance of hitting you.

- - Level 3 combat majick - Deals 15 damage. Takes three posts to use. 80% accuracy at all times. Drains the MP gauge 60%. Canceled by taking damage. During your charging state, attacks only have a 50% chance of hitting you.

- - Level 4 combat majick - Deals 25 damage. Takes two posts to use. 80% accuracy at all times. Drains the MP gauge 80%. Canceled by taking damage. During your charging state, attacks only have a 50% chance of hitting you.

- - Level 5 combat majick - Deals 40 damage. Takes five posts to use. 80% accuracy at all times. Drains the MP gauge 100%. Canceled by taking damage. During your charging state, attacks only have a 50% chance of hitting you.

- - Protect _____ - Cuts the designated character's chance of being hit by 20% for every person defending said character. Like, if a character had a 50% chance of getting hit, then a single guardian would cut his risk down to 40%. Another guardian would drop it down to 30%, and so on, down to a minimum of 10%. If a boss succeeds in hitting you with a knockback skill, then you cannot use this option on the same character next turn.

- - Levels 1-5 Healing majick - See their descriptions a couple of pages back? They work like combat majicks in the sense that they require multiple posts to charge, and drain the MP gauge 20% for every level.

There's some basic info. I'll will expound upon it later as necessary. If you notice some sort of critical flaw, kindly inform me.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 4:11 pm

Sounds like magic can be a determent if used wrong.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)   Swords of Our Sons  (SoS2 sign-in and info) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Swords of Our Sons (SoS2 sign-in and info)
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next