Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

"Partnership"

Go down 
+10
Claude01
Pest02
Wesker
fatalitywolf
Austin Powers
Imp
HellBlaze
W. Birkin
Peng
Z 1
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 10:39 am

No, this has nothing to do with the Umbrella Clan. This is an actual debate in the debate section. I know! It's unheard of!

Debate marriage and gay/lesbian partnerships.

Traditionally, marriage is between a man and a woman. I suppport that as the definition, but marriage is not supposed to be Christian ruled. Marriage was made by the cavemen, and 'til death do you part' only lasted a few years because of short life spans.

Partnerships should have the same rights as married couples, if not more for sake of hardship.

Plus, since most of the forum membership is men, lesbian couples are hot. You and I both know it.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 10:43 am

Annette wrote:
lesbian couples are hot. You and I both know it.

Amen

And I agree with you, the US was founded by godless heathens, it was only till latter that bible thumpers where born. People take it way to far to the hate.

People show up at a soldiers funeral "God killed this solider because we don't kill all the gays"

Its maddening what these people do.
Back to top Go down

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 11:52 am

Gay rights : Endorsed by Trigger, to THE MAX!
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 1:15 pm

!!!!

Trigger's avatar looks so cool smoking that cigarette! I'm going to go find one and take up smoking!

And gays are cool...I guess. Not as cool as smoking just became in my eyes, but still cool.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 1:37 pm

I have to agree with you, Anette.

People have allowed Christians to have far, far too much control and power over their lives.
To the point that Christians control just as many aspects of our daily lives as the government
does, and this includes people who have no stance on Religion, much less Christianity.

I'm bashing Christians, yet. That'll come later.

I'm a Christian myself. I believe in the teachings of Jesus Christ and I believe in God. However,
I don't believe that everything in the bible should be taken so literally. There have been things
that have been removed and added, changed and obscured. It's over 2,000 years old and is
based off Muslim beliefs. Also, it's been translated how many times? Anyone who watches
anime can tell you that A LOT gets lost in translation.

I believe that the bible is a means to help you live an easier, more enjoyable life. It's a set of
guidelines and suggestions, rather than hard and unyielding rules that you ABSOLUTELY must
obey. A lot of Christians don't see it this way though, instead they're close minded tools of the
flock leader.

Whether you're Gay or Straight shouldn't matter, marriage lost it's sanctity when they started
allowing divorces. Notice how that lil tidbit never gets talked about during talks of gay rights
and marriage? Divorce rates are fucking high these days, and it's mostly from straight
couples. People rush into things too quickly these days, they think that as soon as they get
out of school (in most cases, while IN school), that they have to get a jump start on a family.

Meh, I lost track of where I was going with this, so I'll end it here. I agree that gay couples
should have the same rights as the rest of us. It's fucking anti-productive otherwise.

Last edited by W.Birkin on Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

Number of posts : 119

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 1:45 pm

My opinion. Lesbian marriage is hot due to the fact that a am a guy. But i don't have a problem with gay rights. I will just stick with a man/women marriage if i ever get married. So I don't really care about gay relationships as long as they have nothing to do with me.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 3:53 pm

Birk, the bible is based of of Jewish beliefs, Islam is based of a combo of Christianity and Judaism(proof, bible is copy of first testament, and one of the pillars of Islam is to respect Jewish people and Christians because Muhammad spent much of his time around them and liked there beliefs),

just saying, though I agree with you a hundred percent for everything else.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 4:41 pm

Z 1 wrote:
Birk, the bible is based of of Jewish beliefs, Islam is based of a combo of Christianity and Judaism.

Thanks for clearing that up for me. :3 I never read the bible growing up, and I haven't
been able to get into it that far as of late.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 5:02 pm

I have never read it either, just some stuff I picked up on.

It is one of my pet peeves when every someone misquotes something religious or gets a time line mixed up.
Back to top Go down

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:10 pm

Christians killed their God's son, so in other words, their leader's son, because he was a Jew.. They're basically telling you to kill anyone who's different, that they're going to hell, no matter what their actions or personality or intents are. If they're different, if they have different beliefs, they're going to hell. Which is why I'm not a pure Christian.

So in my eyes, Christians are fucked up people who shouldn't be taken seriously as soon as it comes to restrictions/punishments.

Religion should be about opening your mind, not restricting it. It should be helping you live happily, not fill your life with hate.

Anyways, Partnerships should have the same rights as marriage, and gay marriages should be legalized. Simple as that.
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 6:27 pm

people are people. people have equal rights. end of opinion.

also.

"Partnership" Moses-demotivational-poster-1221330337

i may convert.
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

Number of posts : 72

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:00 pm

Meh. I dont have a problem with gay marriage. And I like how everyone is focusing on christians, when being gay in a muslim country would get you killed.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:03 pm

Why do we even debate things we all have the same opinions.
Back to top Go down

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:21 pm

Being bred and branded in the deep south, I was raised with strong Christian morals. As such, when I learned of the magical internet (Many years ago) , one of the first things I did was join Facebook... And commence to argue about why gays shouldn't have rights.

Soon afterward, I realized that I was being fucking retarded, and that the people who were actually well versed in the bible were being equally retarded in their arguments.

Yada yada yada, I soon lost interest in Facebook, and much of my faith in the Christian community.

"But wait!" I said to myself, "The internet is full of dumb bastards! Surely people aren't that retarded in real life."

So I started going to church more, and started having conversations with various people who I knew to be strong Christians, including preachers. Although most of them weren't nearly as violently retarded as the people I'd met online, the fact remained that they both said essentially the same thing when it came to the gays. "It displeases God, and it violates the sanctity of marriage."

"Pfft," I said. If one violation is okay (As Birkin said) why not another? Because gays are bad people? I never left any of those conversations convinced to renew my faith.

But the "strong Christians" I just described were few and far between. Much more common is the "Radical Christian that doesn't act like a Christian." Their motto seems to be, "Fuck fags. They're going to hell."

Though I knew that I shouldn't let a bunch of stupid people influence me, I nonetheless soon lost interest in following such an intolerant God. Especially one that had never given me any sign of his existence in particular.

I feel I'm going a bit off track here...

The moral is that Christian values should not have any influence on the rights of the gay community.

Live and let live. I've yet to meet a homosexual that I regretted meeting. Heteros on the other hand...

Come back in a year. Maybe I'll be done counting by then.

Last edited by Trigger on Sun Nov 15, 2009 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:22 pm

Z 1 wrote:
Why do we even debate things we all have the same opinions.

Go post a Runescape debate. Cheesy
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

Number of posts : 119

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptySun Nov 15, 2009 7:24 pm

Never played it. Not a debate for me.
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 10:14 am

my bro gays so yer if they want they can marrie adopt anything

btw jarki it was the jew that killed jesus why would critsians kill there savuor
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 11:43 am

fatalitywolf wrote:

btw jarki it was the jew that killed jesus why would Christians kill their savior

Because Christianity, along with every religion I can think of, is fucktarded.

/religion
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 11:51 am

main differance between jewish and christian is the belief in jesus. at the time jesus died, there was no real christian religion to speak of. so he was undoubtedly killed by jewish people. btw, for some reason i dont like that group of people referred to as "jews" so, cut back on it mmk?
Back to top Go down

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 2:08 pm

Too bad. "Jews" is a completely harmless term. To find offense in it is as ignorant as being offended by being called "black", or "white".
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 2:28 pm

by that definition, calling someone a homo is harmless and acceptable.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 2:30 pm

It is, if used in the right manor, what else are you supposed to call someone attracted to the same sex.

They say gay is the wrong thing and fag is a derogatory term involving a man who sucks cock, or just very feminine homo.
Back to top Go down

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 2:37 pm

If it is innapropriate to call someone a "Jew," then it is also innapropriate to call someone a "Christian." That logic is flawed. Therefore, "Jew" will continue to be used.
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 2:50 pm

the only time i've ever heard someone use the word jew, was if they were insulting someone. jewish is the same as christian. jew is an insult.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" EmptyMon Nov 16, 2009 2:56 pm

I use the word jew all the time. My cousins are Jews, and I'm not trying to offend them, nor do I.

Jew is short for Jewish, no problem that I can see.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

"Partnership" Empty
PostSubject: Re: "Partnership"   "Partnership" Empty

Back to top Go down

"Partnership"
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next