Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

New Ranking System for DF Umbrella

Go down 
+11
Imp
Moose
Z 1
Pest02
Uvana
Trig
Demon Eyes Kyo
W. Birkin
Wesker
Dalton
Lightning
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

New Ranking System for DF Umbrella Empty
PostSubject: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 1:35 am

I have redone the ranking system since the current one has too many loop holes and a new clan system will be out soon. I spent over 2 hours doing research on the new ranks and how the implement into Umbrella. The UBCS has gotten alot more specific since this is a PvP section all members are expected to have PvP capabilites. A lvl 50 soldier with only 25 endurance is nothing more then cannon fodder. also i've finally added a ranking system for our economic section. so now theres more then "looter."

Here is the ranks and how to reach them.

------Corporate Executives------

CEO
*Leader

Executive
*Co-Leader

------Military Division------

UBCS General
*Most dedicated member/fighter

Umbrella Security Service (U.S.S)
*Level 50+ & 80+ endurance. Must have a lvl 100 gun

Umbrella Biohazard Countermeasure Service (U.B.C.S.) Alpha & Bravo Squads
*level 40+ & 60+ Endurance for Alpha Squad. Must have a level 70+ gun
*level 30+ & 40+ Endurance for Bravo Squad. Must have a level 50+ gun
**Alpha Squad needs you to have 100 proficency in a gun class
**Bravo Squad needs you to have 70+ proficency in a gun class

------Economic/Research Division------

Chairman
*Level 45+ Most dedicated non-military employee

Supervisor
*level 45+

Researcher/Representative
*level 35-44
**Researchers are service/production class characters
**Representatives are regular class characters

Employee
*level 25-34, includes older members who joined before lvl 25+ rule

======Ranking System======

Now if I understand the new clan ranking system correctly, users who are a higher ranks then members below will be able to promote or demote players beneath them, but not to the same rank they are at. Example: The UBCS general can promote an employee to the bravo squad and up, but cannot make an employee a UBCS General as well.

With this in mind I created this ranking system

1. CEO
2. Executive
3. UBCS General
4. USS
5. Chairman
6. UBCS Alpha Squad
7. Supervisor
8. UBCS Bravo Squad
9. Researcher
10. Representative
11. Employee

======Descriptions======

CEO - The CEO is the mastermind of Umbrella. His rules and orders are law in Umbrella. Many lives were sacrificed in his climb to the top.

Executive - The Executive is the right hand man of Umbrella's CEO. An Executive has authority over all the divisions of Umbrella as well. Serves as the face of Umbrella to the world and negociates with other factions. While on the surface he may seem like the concerned spokesman, underneath he is the foreman of Umbrella's illegal operations.

UBCS General - The commander of the military section. The only member besides the CEO, and Executive of Umbrella authorized to send out the USS. In charge of protecting all of Umbrella's interest, maintaining authority, and making sure all of Umbrella's darkest secrets keep out of the light of the world.

USS - The Umbrella Security Service are the Special Forces of Umbrella. These troops are considered non-expendable, and are only used in crisis situations. It is not uncommon for them to be sent to deal with "problems" in Umbrella's infrastructure. Even an Umbrella Chairman must comply with the orders given to the USS, due to the fact several Chairman have had to be dealt with for pursueing their own personal interest.

Chairman - One of the highest positions in Corporate Umbrella. A Chairman tends to Umbrella's interest both legal and illegal, and often negociate with other factions in place of the Corporate Executive. When needed they can call on the UBCS to deal with situations that have reached the public eye.

UBCS Alpha Squad - Hardened Soldiers dedicated to Umbrella. They are the Sword of Umbrella and are used to defend Umbrella's interest and deal with hostile situations. Typically they are the only squad given classified information to ensure the success of their missions.

Supervisor - The eyes and ears of Umbrella. They watch over and manage the Economic/Research Division's activities. Though a high ranking officer they are still not allowed access to all of Umbrella's secrets. If an event should arise, they can use the UBCS Bravo Squad to "control" the matter.

UBCS Bravo Squad - Mercenaries and War Mongers hired and trained by Umbrella. They are the Shield of Umbrella and are disbatched to deal with situations caused by Umbrella's illegal activities. This squad is strictly on a need-to-know basis.

Researcher - Skilled employees of Umbrella. They produce and perform advanced scientific studies and experiments to futher Umbrella's claim on the world. These include legal and illegal activities.

Representatives - These employees have shown promise in the eyes of their superiors. Their main tasks include searching out and recruiting new talent, to bring into Umbrella.

Employee - The main workforce of Umbrella. They are given various jobs, to keep Umbrella operational. Many of these employees have high ambition to climb the corporate ladder and escape the mundane tasks of their jobs.

======Conclusion======

I believe this new ranking system will benfit us greatly. It should inspire members to climb the "corporate ladder" and achieve higher ranks. Once the ranking system comes out this should work out with 100% efficency from day 1.

The Miltary Section can no longer be climbed by leveling alone. You need proper stats to fit the rank your going for. Example you could be level 54 but only have 34 endurance, you'd still be considered a highly skilled Bravo Squad member.

You also need to be able to USE high lvled guns but you don't need to own them yet. This aids member with the appropriate stats to be in the rank they achieved even if they are broke. Birkin gave me the suggestion for that.

I would also like to suggest a reward taken from the umbrella cash treasury to pay for new promotions. This can be figured out later. The PvP classes hold superiority over the economic sections because a clan comprised of diplomats isn't as intimidating as one of superior force.

I'm dedicating this night to create new I.D. Cards for Umbrella's Executive, Military, and Economic sections. Once i compose the rough draft for the new I.D.s, I'd like for Birkin or Claude to help me with the final versions.

When and if this clan system gets implemented please allow me to post it into the annoucement section as i have worked very hard on it and would like to take be able to take credability for it.

A thank you goes out to Birkin for his notice in the need for a new ranking system and his ideas for how to improve it

Last edited by Demon Eyes Kyo on Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:31 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:48 am

It's a pretty damn good system man. Makes me want to have a clan system faster.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 2:58 am

thank you like i said i spent quite a bit ammount of time on it. It should serve very well in the future
Back to top Go down
Lightning
Survivor
Lightning

Number of posts : 8

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 5:24 am

Yea nice man Cheesy Now I am only an employee though...(sadness)
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 5:27 am

gives you something to work for. Nothing helps lvling like alittle motivation ;)
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 4:33 pm

Very nice work, I hope it gets accepted.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 4:39 pm

Do we even have that many members?
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 5:09 pm

Good point.

ALSO!

I don't like the fact that the USS has more power than the Leader of the Economic Section. He should be equal to the Leader of the Military, you. etc, etc.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 5:16 pm

I just want to know if all these positions are going to be filled, or if some are going to be empty before I start re-formatting parts of the forum.
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 5:28 pm

I love it. I am all giddy about the new ID's. Also, I would like to see a clan event where the leader of the alpha/bravo squad took out a few soldiers to level up and loot and stuff. So like only the group would go, not the whole clan. And the answer to your question, Jarki.

Quote :

USS - The Umbrella Security Service are the Special Forces of Umbrella. These troops are considered non-expendable, and are only used in crisis situations. It is not uncommon for them to be sent to deal with "problems" in Umbrella's infrastructure. Even an Umbrella Chairman must comply with the orders given to the USS, due to the fact several Chairman have had to be dealt with for pursueing their own personal interest.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 6:18 pm

That doesn't explain things.

Sure, it works very well RP-wise. But structurally, it doesn't.

USS is just another group of people in their Military. They should be lower ranked.

The military is lower in standing to a Prime Minister, yet a Governor General can call in the Military to arrest the Prime Minister.

See what I'm trying to say?
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 7:59 pm

So far, so good. But there is room for improvement.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:05 pm

Reason the USS is a higher rank is because when the clan system comes out other clans will be trying to take a crack at us to build up their own reputations. This way players will want to become stronger to reach the higher rank of #4 instead of 5 or 6.

The economic/reserch division isn't gonna be a nesessary in clan war as you are jarki (the USS). The chairman is basically for non-pvp builds to get some sort of leadership.

Look at it this way the Economic section as it is does not have ANY ranks besids Looter so this is overal a HUGE improvement for them.

I was thinking we make the chairman in charge of the storage for now on. The Chairman should be keeping track of looting and items, since wesker doesn't seem to be on DF enough to keep track as some other players are like Dalton and myself.

The Chairman still has plenty of power for non combatant. Rank #5 is not bad at all.

With this new clan system due to come out we need soldiers not lobbyist. The USS is ALOT HARDER to reach then a Chairman and as such it should be given a higher rank

Also no all the positions wont be filled from day 1 but this will encourage people to levelup and build their strength so they aren't trapped at the bottom
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptyFri Jan 22, 2010 8:11 pm

It's a great plan.

This is going to be a bitch to put onto the forum.....
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 12:59 am

We can leave the forum as is, Pest. XD

Also, to be honest, I kinda hate the thought that just because someone is stronger, they have more say/more power.

I'm not NEARLY as powerful ingame as say Rezno (or Gregg), but I have much, much, much more power over him, due to my charisma and people's respect.

A leader doesn't necessarily need to be the most powerful. Wesker isn't the best player out there, by far. But he makes a wonderful leader.

Think about it this way:

Economic Section is what has your back in wars. They supply you with ammunition, funds, medical supplies, repairs, food, whatever.

They're the backing to the entire Corporation. Umbrella is mainly and foremost, a Corporation. A Business. MONEYMAKING is the more important, key-role. The Viruses were BUSINESS to OTHER people's armies, not their own. Of course, Wesker had other plans in the games, but you get the idea.

It's been a long, long, long time since Umbrella was a military power in DF. And it will be a long, long time before they are again. Hell, when DF first started, Umbrella was still more of a business force than anything, with their medical system, control over Doctor and Engineer Economy, holding the best looter in the game, who put much of his earnings into Umbrella.

Umbrella has always been a business. We aren't interested in wars. If anything, the Chairman should have higher powers than the General, even.

Of course, I have no REAL say here, but I'd just like to get my own opinion out there.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 1:13 am

Oh, I'd also like to say, canon-wise, the USS was rather not very powerful, kinda like, throwaways, pawns. The USFU (Umbrella Special Forces Unit) were the ones who did the jobs like you mentioned, keeping the Chairmen (or, scientists) in line. For example, RE2, when they assassinated Birkin.

Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 1:21 am

Thats a very good point Jarki. I'm just saying with you unable to look ober the forum, DF is gearing up for a COMPLETE overhaul on the DF clan system. but with the new system thats due to come out basiaclly clan wars are looking to be ALOT more organised.

from how i see it power will lay claim to DF. The USS is the Umbrella Security Service, an elite group of members who are faithful to Umbrella and are interested in maintaining order. making sure we are oe of top clans, and chances are you'll be the only member for awhile till we have members in the 50+ lvl class.

I may be on the militarized mindset of DF but i expect all the top DF clans will be working on the power structure of things. Im assuming the age of the dolar will be absorbed by the age of power. Which is why i think the USS should serve higher then the Chairman
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 1:26 am

I just have never liked the idea of ANY sort of military force being above legislative/executive power. I understand the need for some sort of military force/security, but to have them have more power/say than a Chairman, someone who's job is dedicated to organization, relations, and leadership? Someone who's job is to take orders, not give them, shouldn't be above someone who is supposed to be giving the orders.

Wars can be won and lost with one person. I alone could eliminate 3/4 of the clans, all by myself. No support financially or militarily. It won't be hard to be in the top powers, I assure you this.

And, war means profit. I think the previous wars have proven that for Umbrella, as we have acted as profiteers, becoming exclusive sellers for many of the members, and our members (especially Konny) have profited greatly from it.

The enemy can't win if we hold all the ammo.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 1:45 am

Eh i say hold it to a vote then. Do it the democratic way since this is the debate forum. ;)

all who believe the Chairman should be above the USS say "123"
all who believe the USS should be above the Chairman say "987"

personally i'm "987"

4 - for "123"
2 - for "987"

Last edited by Demon Eyes Kyo on Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 1:48 am

987. Democracy doesn't work with zack.
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 1:52 am

123. by my understanding of the ranking system, the UBCS leader is allready above the chairman, having two military groups above that is just unneeded.

Last edited by Imp on Sat Jan 23, 2010 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 1:54 am

"semper fi" dorts Tongue
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 2:01 am

123. Already portrayed my opinion earlier. XD
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 9:37 am

Having members that are beyond the Emperor's control cause more problems than they solve.

I should mention a member named Nemesis who thought he should spy on VoraX's clan for the glory of Umbrella. It caused more problems than it helped. Actually, it helped nothing.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 10:17 am

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella Empty

Back to top Go down

New Ranking System for DF Umbrella
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next