Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

SOS setup and info

Go down 
+4
Imp
fatalitywolf
Wesker
Peng
8 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

SOS setup and info - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 10:33 am

he were hood an robe so u dont really see him but oin the world they were wolve and they lycan lycan are in controle when werewolves are not pluse they look diffent lycan look kinda like a human but just look at the pic of my carater and werewolve look like the ones out of harry potter films
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 1:41 pm

Punctuation please, Fatality.

Kthxbai!
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 1:57 pm

that how i right live with it am dislesic i cant help it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 4:47 pm

Humanoid or not, A furry guy with dog ears, fangs, and a tail will attract attention. But since you wear a robe we'll just pretend that nobody notices whilst you are amongst the peasantry.

The first post with all of the game information has been widely edited.

Anyways, here's my character.

Name : Braavos Golvaga (pronounced Bra-voce Goal-vah-guh)

Race : Human

Class : Melee

Special Ability : Can dual wield swords (Attack speed doubles)

Weakness : Cannot wield any other weapon type or shield.

Bio : Braavos is the youngest of fourteen brothers, and he is currently employed as a mercenary. That is about all that need be known.

Appearance : Long, vibrant red hair and brilliant blue eyes accompanied by a mellow expression makes up his primary facial features. He is of a tall lean build, and is not particularly muscular.

Personality : He keeps to himself for the most part. He has an eye for the ladies, though. He has a tendency to be lazy, and sees any inconvenience as unnecessary work.

Willingness to work with others : Usually very high

The game will likely begin sometime this week.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 7:11 pm

Sorry to sound...mean, but Wesker's right.

Even if you're dislexic...all it really takes it a lot more effort put into writing. Typing's even easier, you can erase a lot quicker. Then there's the spell check you can get with Mozilla Firefox. Then there's also online dictionaries.

Like, I of course will expect some bad spelling, grammar, punctuation. But not...that bad.

Though, Z1's catching up. And I don't think he's dislexic.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 7:36 pm

Firefox's spell check is awesome...truely helpful.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 8:25 pm

Penguin Hunter wrote:
Firefox's spell check is awesome...truely helpful.

I hope that was sarcasm. Truely Truly

Anyway, I was thinking of joining this rp seems it looks like one of the best there's ever been. I just have a few questions and comments...

I notice theres only 3 classes and a small range of weapons. I really enjoy customizing and I was wondering if more weapons will be implemented or can you use a different weapon in place of your character special. (Reasonably of course, no machine guns.)

(My cat is licking my hand right now hehe so cute but hard to type)

I also noticed that a lot of people are planning on joining this RP. Will this lead to a ton of posts with no connection? I don't want to look through 3 pages of people's backstory just to see if Penguin ducked my attack or not. Are you going to split the RP's up?

When are you planning on starting the rp?

Lastly, can I has a hug?
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 8:33 pm

no you can not, and i think he said above some time ths week
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 07, 2009 8:51 pm

Indeed Konny, sadly that was NOT sarcasm though. But it does prove a point that spell check doesn't recognize when you use the wrong type of the word that you were going for so it's still better to actually read what you type unlike me who just types without really reading over what I typed Ok!
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 11:17 am

name:nick

bio: doesnt remember. lost his memory due to some accident.

class:mage

ability:200% damage up close with only 75% at long range.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 8:30 pm

Konstantine wrote:

I notice theres only 3 classes and a small range of weapons. I really enjoy customizing and I was wondering if more weapons will be implemented or can you use a different weapon in place of your character special. (Reasonably of course, no machine guns.)

Hmm, you've brought up a good point. Henceforth, I have come up with a new plan to keep people from getting bored with the same old junk! From enemies you will still receive normal stuff, but from weapon shops you will have the following options -

Buy blunt weapon (iron-orihalcon) - for x amount of bolsa depending on which quality

Buy sword weapon (iron-orihalcon) - for x amount of bolsa depending on which quality

Buy long weapon (iron-orihalcon) - for x amount of bolsa depending on which quality

Buy range weapon (iron-orihalcon) - for x amount of bolsa depending on which quality

Buy magic weapon (iron-orihalcon) - for x amount of bolsa depending on which quality

blunt weapons will be for axes and stuff, swords are self explanatory, long is for spears and stuff, range is for bows and other weapons with ammunition, and magic weapons are for spellbook. After selecting one of those 5 options, you will be allowed to choose any type of weapon you want from within that category, and then you can customize it's appearance. Regardless of what it is, its damage will be solely dependent on it's weapon category, and metal quality.

For instance, you could choose "blunt weapon - mithril" and within that category you could select from a bunch of stuff, including sledgehammers, flails, maces, axes, poleaxes, clubs, etc, and they will all deal the same damage. You can have anything your heart desires, as long as you don't go crazy with it (No scythes that shoot cannonballs!!!) Speaking of scythes, they would be of the "Long weapon" category.

There, I hope that answers your concerns about the weapons. ^_^

Konstantine wrote:

I also noticed that a lot of people are planning on joining this RP. Will this lead to a ton of posts with no connection? I don't want to look through 3 pages of people's backstory just to see if Penguin ducked my attack or not. Are you going to split the RP's up?

I'm glad you asked that; you see, everyone will start at the same time in the town of Wessenridge. From here you will set out alone, but will be given the chance to form groups with other people before anything of importance happens that forces you out of town. As a general rule, it is easier to stay alive if you are in a group, but you're free to strike out on your own at any time if you so wish. Remember, I only control what happens to you during battle, the rest of your story is yours to mold. As for having to search to find pengy's response, that might be a problem if you don't check the thread for awhile. In an attempt to save space, any group activities will be posted by whoever is named the leader of that group, so as to not have 10 people all saying "I go into the forest with the rest of the team." Also be aware that I am somewhat like the dungeon-master from dungeons-and-dragons. Your story is yours, but from time to time I will throw events beyond your control your way for you to deal with, and it will all lead up to the desperate "final battle" at the end of the game. Your overall goal is to defeat the "Evil guy" Even if you have an evil character, you will have some reason or another to try to kill him.

As a side note, there is no turn order for posters, but if you choose to attack anything then you will have to stop posting until I've given the results.

Konstantine wrote:
When are you planning on starting the rp?

I'm giving everyone time to join up (No new applications accepted once the game begins. Level 1 newcomers would be killed if they started halfway through the game and went up against level 40 behemoths) Regardless, you can expect the game anytime between today and... eh, we'll set the final deadline for Sunday evening.

Konstantine wrote:

Lastly, can I has a hug?

If you look in my birthday thread, I think you'll find that you've already gotten more than a hug. =O
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 11:26 pm

Nicely done Konny, and neat idea with the bird (which looks shockingly pissed) D:. Approved of course.

Also to Imp, your character is approved as well.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 5:45 pm

sry i wasnt reading the topic for a long tme ima change my character now =p
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 5:54 pm

ok i changed it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 8:08 pm

Spartan that ability is a very bad idea. It is extremely powerful, and therefore you will have terribly grievous weaknesses.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 10:42 am

oh kk gonna put way more weaknesses XD
but i need some ideas on the weaknesses
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 4:53 pm

Most likely your life will be full of unlucky events and you will be prone to fits of terrible inaccuracy.

*Goes off to compile the character status sheet that will be used and edited throughout the game*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 6:07 pm

This will be posted on the first page of the actual RP. Refer back to it whenever you wish to know your character's status. If you have difficulty reading a color, please inform me.

Character Status

Zak Glatt…
~ HP - 100/100

Weaponry…
~ Ironbound book of magic
~ Iron knife

Pack…
~ 42 Bolsa pieces

Stats…
~ Level 0 Magician
~ Agility : 0
~ Strength : 0
~ Luck : 0

Ability : Can revive a fallen comrade in exchange for 100% MP.

Dathdr Truearrow… (Austin Powers)
~ HP - 100/100

Weaponry…
~ Iron bow (20 Iron arrows)
~ Iron dagger

Pack…
~ 37 Bolsa pieces

Stats…
~ Level 0 Ranger

Ability : Can increase the accuracy of an arrow at the cost of 10% HP.

Ryan… (SettingSun)
~ HP - 100/100

Weaponry…
~ Iron sword

Pack…
~ 26 Bolsa pieces

Stats…
~ Level 0 Warrior

Ability : Can heal 25HP to an ally at the cost of 25HP (Only if over 50%HP).

Angelo Gonzales… (Spartan117)
~ HP - 100/100

Weaponry…
~ Iron sword

Pack…
~ 29 Bolsa pieces

Stats…
~ Level 0 Warrior

Ability : Has a chance to occasionally behead an opponent (1 hit kill).

Wolf… (fatalitywolf)
~ HP - 100/100

Weaponry…
~ Iron sword

Pack…
~ 40 Bolsa pieces

Stats…
~ Level 0 Warrior

Ability : Occasionally receives a boost to agility and strength.

Tinie… (Pest02)
~ HP - 100/100

Weaponry…
~ Iron knife

Pack…
~ 42 Bolsa pieces

Stats…
~ Level 0 Magician

Ability : Can disguise himself as foliage (Increased evasion in forest settings).

William Lilithfield… (WeskerX1)
~ HP - 100/100

Weaponry…
~ Iron sword

Pack…
~ 48 Bolsa pieces

Stats…
~ Level 0 Warrior

Ability : Occasional boost in luck.

Braavos Golvaga… (Trigger)
~ HP - 100/100

Weaponry…
~ Iron sword
~ Iron sword

Pack…
~ 33 Bolsa pieces

Stats…
~ Level 0 Warrior

Ability : Can dual wield swords. Cannot wield anything else.

Nick… (Imperiator)
~ HP - 100/100

Weaponry…
~ Iron knife

Pack…
~ 20 Bolsa pieces

Stats…
~ Level 0 Magician

Ability : Increased damage up close, decreased at a distance.

Lock Balaside… (Konstantine)
~ HP - 100/100

Weaponry…
~ Iron sword

Pack…
~ 29 Bolsa pieces

Stats…
~ Level 0 Warrior

Ability : Is aided in combat by Crixus the hawk. Cannot wield a shield.

Last edited by Trigger on Sat Jan 10, 2009 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 6:10 pm

all them dem coulers
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 6:12 pm

Makes it easier to tell when one character ends and another begins! D:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 6:34 pm

After hearing various requests, I have given magicians the ability to wield the same type of dagger that rangers can.

also, a few people have asked for scroll-type items that allow one-time use attacks. These may be implemented if enough people like the idea.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 7:59 pm

nah ill just stick with one hit kill to one enemy
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 10, 2009 10:53 pm

*Eats all the cookies and disappears before anyone could see him after making sure that Spartan was away*

Hee hee, the bushes are wonderful hiding places.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 12:56 am

I got bored, so I drew a picture of my RP character on Paint and set it as my profile pic.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 9:46 am

dang it i was sleeping D=<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOS setup and info   SOS setup and info - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SOS setup and info
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next