Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

New Ranking System for DF Umbrella

Go down 
+11
Imp
Moose
Z 1
Pest02
Uvana
Trig
Demon Eyes Kyo
W. Birkin
Wesker
Dalton
Lightning
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 7:12 pm

naw i think it shows "wow they need this many people managing things, they must be very active!" Tongue

eh i say give it a shot, and we go on a massive recruitment hunt for a week and see how it works out
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 7:14 pm

As long as I am still important in whatever ranking system is established, I'm fine with it.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 7:18 pm

As long as I still get to be an owl.

With a dorsal fin.

And three sets of genitalia.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 7:28 pm

this is DF rans not on here

on this forum you both are masters :W:
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptyWed Mar 03, 2010 7:31 pm

Nah. It doesn't. XD
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 10:52 am

Ok well now that we settled on a basic design there is one thing you all know i'm picky about, military section. Economics requires looting, miltiary requires PvP capabilities.

Here's what i think you need for military

UBCS Commando
- level 30-49+
- 50+ endurance
- level 70+ Gun
- Armor with 35%+ damage protection & 80+ durability

USS Agent
- level 50+ (must also have the following)
- 70+ Endurance
- level 100 Gun
- Armor with 45%+ damage protection & 100+ durability
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 2:53 pm

Sounds reasonable. XD
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 4:46 pm

I don't really know what to think, as long as I can run Bravo squad as I like, as say my personal harem, I am good.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptySat Mar 06, 2010 5:25 pm

this new ranking system gets rid of Bravo and Alpha squads.

downsizing ranks. Apparently we "need more members" for a large ranking system.
Back to top Go down
Moose
Survivor
Moose

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 12:28 am

Would there be any reason to even have a higher rank in the economic section? I mean, there's absolutely no difference between employee and researcher. And being an agent doesn't look much different than being a commando. After all, the people in this clan who actually actively PVP only bring their strongest or closest friends anyway, be it a commando or an agent, so those ranks would effectively mean nothing. Unless that is, commandos are forced to go PVP with a certain amount of other ranked members (I.E. an Agent or two, and the rest commandos)
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 1:39 am

By that standard, most ranks in most militaries and in most clans are now useless.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 3:28 am

Moose wrote:
Would there be any reason to even have a higher rank in the economic section? I mean, there's absolutely no difference between employee and researcher. And being an agent doesn't look much different than being a commando. After all, the people in this clan who actually actively PVP only bring their strongest or closest friends anyway, be it a commando or an agent, so those ranks would effectively mean nothing. Unless that is, commandos are forced to go PVP with a certain amount of other ranked members (I.E. an Agent or two, and the rest commandos)

The higher rank just means you've been here longer, and are more valued/trusted.

Even if the responsibilities are essentially the same.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 10:01 am

moose if you were lvl 60 and you were the same rank as a level 25 new recruit, wouldn't that piss you off slightly?

It's nice to feel your moving up in a clan instead being deadlocked in the same position (which is why i like LOTS of ranks.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 12:55 pm

Demon Eyes Kyo wrote:
It's nice to feel your moving up in a clan instead being deadlocked in the same position (which is why i like LOTS of ranks.

From that angle, your wish for many ranks is considerably more understandable.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptySun Mar 07, 2010 7:50 pm

Even with same ranks, some people of the same rank are considered more important than others. Or their jobs are different or more specialized.

Dusk only has... 6 Ranks. Zero, Settler, Engine, Reaper, Fenrir, Draconis.

Zero can mean a multitude of things. Zero can mean you're inactive. Zero can mean you're new to the clan. Zero can mean you're being punished.

Engine. We have all sorts of engines. Depending on their amount of time in that rank, their opinion/voice is worth more input. Some Engines are stuck there, simply because of their "job" in the clan. But they might have the same voice as a Fenrir. Meldon is such a person.

Reaper is for PvPers. Some of the PvPers have as much of a voice as the Engine, some have slightly more, and one of them has almost as much as Fenrir

Fenrirs voices and opinions are all like... scattered. Some have really high amount of input, others have like, very little. Some are worth more and have different jobs.

Draconis take turns being "leader". Each having a 1 month period. So basically, 3 of them have slightly more say than the Fenrirs, and one of them is very important.
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 10:45 am

you forgot settler
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:36 pm

Settler is pretty linked with Zero. Usually it's just them going through a trial. Undecided

New guy, much?
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 8:44 pm

btw, are the fenrir and draconis ranks paired with actual ranks, or just mostly people from the two clans? not sure if you get what i mean or not.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptyTue Mar 09, 2010 9:18 pm

They're actual ranks, I know what you mean.

The Draconis is made of mainly of the Head Order of BD (excluding moi, Ima Fenrir). The Fenrir is made up of mainly Elder Council of Fenrir's Fangs. It's not that they happened to be that way, it's a matter of ranks basically just getting a name change. XD
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 8:13 pm

this is why we need stricter PvP ranks.

A clan called The Party headed by That One Guy is causeing waras all over the place and they are STACKED with PvP players/

Our allies Wild Geese Mercenaries are about to be CRUSHED unless their other allies step in cause we're too weak to handle them!!

Just to give you an idea The Party has about 10 member 30+ and are stacked with Heavy Machinguns USANs and Gaus. Which all would decimate our "Current" military section.

I'm taling with Chaosknight leader of ODST to discuss options.

this is why the military is so important guys..
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptyThu Mar 11, 2010 9:24 pm

Politics are much more important than military, in this situation.

TOG? He's a Clan Friend of the DUSK.

Me? Member of the DUSK.

Me? Clan Friend of Umbrella.

TOG tries to pull shit on Umbrella? Umbrella pulls me into things. I alone could take all of them (if it was 1 on 1), let alone if I managed to convince Dusk to get involved. Dusk would cancel out TOG's actions, in which would leave Umbrella standing tall, regardless.

If they're stacked as you say, having a strong military isn't really all that important. Besides, we're a corporation, not a warmongering clan.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 12:11 am

we're a corporate but w need defenses though if we call ourselves a "clan" not a guild.

Jarki your not always gonna be there
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 6:58 am

I agree with what Saria said long ago; We're a herd.
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 10:47 am

We may not be a warmongering clan, but, if I may point out the situation in roleplaying terms:

The entire world has gone to utter shit. We are one of the only organizations left with any sort of structure at all, and at that, it's not very good. We need to change with the times. 'We' may not be a pack of unsophisticated warmongers, but we must defend against the threat they pose.

Of course diplomacy should be the first option, but we are not mystics. If negotiations fail, we can't just wave a magic wand and make it all better. There needs to be a branch of power, within umbrella, that is specifically and totally dedicated to the art of fucking up anyone who things they can mess with us.

As far as Jarki being able to take on entire clans by herself... Hey, she's a little girl with a very big gun. I can totally respect that. Get's my inner nerd all up in a tizzy. But, the fact is there are other people with very big guns, and not all of them are as nice as Jarki.
Back to top Go down
Joe Jack
Pony Supreme
Pony Supreme
Joe Jack

Number of posts : 170

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 EmptyFri Mar 12, 2010 12:23 pm

We need some sort of emergency funds that we can use should we be attacked.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Ranking System for DF Umbrella
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next