Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

New Ranking System for DF Umbrella

Go down 
+11
Imp
Moose
Z 1
Pest02
Uvana
Trig
Demon Eyes Kyo
W. Birkin
Wesker
Dalton
Lightning
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:23 pm

unless they've completely whored out accuracy, endurance and crit, everyone is easy off-screen at level 25.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 9:01 pm

Any GAU user can be defeated by staying off-screen. No matter the level.

As long as you have good accuracy that is. GAUs suck offscreen, no matter the accuracy.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 10:12 pm

Jarki wrote:
Trigger wrote:
At level 200, the only thing left is PvP. It is the primary endgame activity, where all of your grinding and scavenging shows its worth. Therefore, I suppose people who are good at PvP deserve their fair share of recognition.

*Pretends level 25 GAU-users do not exist*

By that logic, if you're not Level 200, then you don't deserve the recognition mentioned.

Looting still has its purpose once you're Level 200. Grinding doesn't.

ALSO

Level 25 GAU users are easy if you stay off-screen.

I'm just saying that after you reach level 200 and get the best gear, there's not really much else to do but kill other people. Until then, you have better ways to spend your time.

I'm not really sure how looting has its purpose once you're level 200, and have GC'd endgame equipment, though. I suppose you still need money to feed and heal yourself, but you can easily get that without ever stepping foot in the inner city.

Come to think of it, in just about EVERY MMO, being excellent in PvP seems to be the overall goal.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 10:36 pm

You never mentioned GC'd Endgame equipment.

You could do a bunch of things...

A) Become a supplier for DF, supplying items/loans/whatever.
B) Collect every single weapon in Dead Frontier.
C) Grinding Service
D) Community

I could name more, but don't feel like it.

And in that case you indeed would be more likely to PvP. However, I doubt many, if any of us, will ever reach 200. Thus making the point irrelevant.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 10:49 pm

Nay, never irrelevant. Just unlikely.

A) Seems like a dandy idea if you're in a clan. Helping people is nice.
B) Why? Collecting worthless weapons won't increase your fighting ability.
C) Why? Why would you need even more money when you've "beaten the game"?
D) Yuck.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 12:06 am

Seems like a dandy idea regardless. x3

Bragging rights. Why do people do it in other games?
Also, collecting EVERY endgame weapon in the game will increase your fighting ability.

You can't beat an MMO. Besides, it's not necessarily for money, it's mainly for helping people.

Opinion. ;)

Besides, I could say that PvP is pointless. You don't get any reward for it. You only lose money. It's basically, through and through, an entire, pointless process, no matter what.

Any argument against PvE, can be used as well against PvP.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 1:11 am

Quote :
You can't beat an MMO.

No, but when you have no room for improvement (Max level / max gear / A certain degree of skill) I consider it pretty much beaten. At least until more quests and better gear are added.

Quote :

Besides, I could say that PvP is pointless.

And I would agree with you. Tongue
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 5:10 pm

Great point.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 6:31 pm

XD
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptyThu Feb 11, 2010 11:52 pm

1. CEO
2. Executive
3. UBCS General
4. USS
5. Chairman
6. UBCS Alpha Squad
7. Supervisor
8. UBCS Bravo Squad
9. Researcher
10. Representative
11. Employee

Lets link this to the real world using the Country USA as our example.

-ranks 9-11 are the work force of the nation
-Bravo Squad are the police officers who guard them
-The Supervisor is the mayor of the city who controls the police officers major decisions
-Alpha squad is the national guard who can override a mayors authority
-The Chairman is the govenor who can mobilize the national guard
-The USS are the Army/Marines they can have the power to override a Govenor's autority
-The UBCS General is the well, the general, he controls the Army.
-The Executive is the Vice President, he relays a mojority of the presidents decisions to the rest of the country
-The CEO is the president he can do pretty much damn near anything he wants with the country.

The USS is by no means easy to get into. Only trustworthy and commited members can reach that rank to be above the Chairman. As i've said before any good high level "politician" top member can be Chairman, govenor. But only hardcore members who put themselves through "DF Bootcamp" can get the requirements filled for USS, the Marines.

P.S. Didn't think my little personal fun heli runs appealed to many people. I'll place it in the events area Tongue
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 2:59 pm

I thought it was obvious that the majority of people thought the Chairman should be above the USS.

The USS can still be important, and one below the Chairman. If it's truly as important as you say, than there more than likely would be no one above the Chairman.

It's much tougher to be good in politics, than it is to be good in PvP OR looting.
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 4:31 pm

Would I be considered a USS soldier?

EDIT: Never mind....... Alpha sqaud. Can I be the squad leader!!!!! (when I get to 40)
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 5:06 pm

hmmm maybe theres still room to tweak this ranking system. I'm guessing we wont be using it till the new clan system comes out.

Honestly i'm regretting making the chairman... i should have left the economic section to rot like it is now, rather then improve it 300% with this system

as it stands now we have "looter," but this gave them actual ranks. Now people are complaining the ranks arn't high enough when they didnt have any to begin with. Oh well.

And the main goal for the chairman i think should be managing the treasury

I know wesker runs it now but between him not having too much access to a computer and his duties as leader he really doesn't have an entirly large window of time to deal with the storage. If i had to pick a chairman i'd suggest Dalton217. He's very active, on almost everyday between 3-10pm, and is very good at managing money. But thats just me.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 6:59 pm

Leaving a section of your clan to "rot" is never a good decision, and neither is talking about it in such a negative means. Especially considering 3/4 of the active members... loot more than they ever will PvP. XD

And I'm a looter, yet I can easily kick your ass in PvP. ;)
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 10:46 pm

lol just saying the "looters" shouldn't be too picky about where they are placed since now they will actually have a decent rank name and position ;)
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptyFri Feb 12, 2010 11:44 pm

To be honest, there is nothing to fight about. It is just a ranking system. We should be glad someone is actually putting time into it and enjoy what we get. (but jarki does own in pvp)
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 12:33 am

In my vast experience around here, Umbrella has never been the sort of clan that needed any sort of advanced ranking system. We aren't organized down to the man. We're random and carefree.

This has been our traditional system, and it has worked fine for nearly two years.

1. Leader
2. Co-leader(s)
3. Worthless Minions

Just saying.
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 12:37 am

Trigger wrote:

1. Leader
2. Co-leader(s)
3. Worthless Minions
4. Sexpit Employees

fix't.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 12:43 am

HellBlaze wrote:
To be honest, there is nothing to fight about. It is just a ranking system. We should be glad someone is actually putting time into it and enjoy what we get. (but jarki does own in pvp)

thanks man, means alot. i DID worker hard on it
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 12:47 am

Imp wrote:
Trigger wrote:

1. Leader
2. Co-leader(s)
3. Worthless Minions
4. Sexpit Employees

fix't.

Funny, because I almost said that. Tongue
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 1:19 am

I'm not saying he didn't work hard on it. I'm not saying that at all.

Regardless of how hard on it, flaws can always be found. It's like how I work on my images in Photoshop, or write for hours, etc., trying my hardest. But then I always get someone to come and criticize, to show me what can be improved, etc.

I recognize and appreciate that he put so much time into it, but there are some flaws, as there are in everything.

Also, should stop talking about Looters as if they are lower than you. As I said, I'M a looter, and I've proven multiple times my... superiority. ;)
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 10:21 am

Can we just agree at that. Jarki is a looter but rapes in pvp. Looters are important in everyday Umbrella, but when our business becomes threatened (or we start a war...) we need excellent pvp-ers. But in a time of war, the looters are just as equally important. (But once again jarki is an exception. She does both.) So we should except it the way it comes.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 1:30 pm

i'm not saying looters arnt appreciated or needed just saying that they should be more appreciative they have ranks now like the military section. personally i'd never say "'m a loot of Umbrella" in my signature. Now i'll say i'm an employee, researcher, ect.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 4:35 pm

Anyone can come up with Rank Names. It's the ranking system that's tough to get it done right.

We could've easily renamed all of these ranks like you have, it's reworking it into this system like you have that we appreciate for your dedication.

I'd post "Looter" in my siggy.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 EmptySat Feb 13, 2010 6:55 pm

Jarki you'd say anything to prove me wrong :tipsy: bear Tongue
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Ranking System for DF Umbrella
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next