Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

New Ranking System for DF Umbrella

Go down 
+11
Imp
Moose
Z 1
Pest02
Uvana
Trig
Demon Eyes Kyo
W. Birkin
Wesker
Dalton
Lightning
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

Number of posts : 119

New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 1:05 pm

I believe that the USFU should be added and should be above the chairman and that the USS should be a lower level rank. USS should be like security guards or something along those lines.

I was also thinking once again to change the level to join umbrella. I think it should be 20 or 15 to get more members. And for the level 15-20 or something around that range there should be a special little ranking system. And they are not "official" umbrella employees till they reach 25 and are in the next section of the ranking system.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 2:58 pm

We had that in the past, it was stupid and didn't work.

If we put the USFU above the Chairmen, we're faced with the same problem.

And lol, Nemesis costed us our alliance, ultimately.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 3:13 pm

USFU and USS are the same thing. They are the same branch of soldiers just named differently throughout the series. crazy japanese

also Umbrella Security Service sound cooler and more origional. I mean like 75% of clan have a rank called "special forces"

BTW hellblaze you didnt pick a side *puts a gun to your head* you know the right answer
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 5:08 pm

Well, yeah I guess you're right.

Whenever HUNK is referred to and his squad, it's USFU. Yet in RE:Outbreak, they're referred to as USS..
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 6:04 pm

Uh!!!! uh!!!! *panicks*

Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 8:08 pm

Good number.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 23, 2010 8:18 pm

He said "9" thats counts for half of a point!! Chiko Dance

anyone who disagrees take it up with this guy New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 57416
Back to top Go down
Dalton
Survivor
Dalton

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 12:43 am

I really hope I get promoted. I have been here for almost a year now. Smiley
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 2:07 am

a year? try october
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 9:24 am

Yeah even I was here before you. And kyo joined I think right after me. I remember him posting his epic stories. But my hopes are to get promoted as well. But I won't do it by begging. My goal is level 40.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 11:54 am

Jarki wrote:
Well, yeah I guess you're right.

Whenever HUNK is referred to and his squad, it's USFU. Yet in RE:Outbreak, they're referred to as USS..

You also should note that his first squad was completely destroyed. He could have just joined another group to complete the rest of the mission/provide assistance.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 24, 2010 12:49 pm

Actually HellBlaze i joined at the end of september back on page like 107 or 117
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 3:30 am

Well i take it people like this idea. So when can it get implemented.

Also Chairman i guess can get a higher rank then USS. Though i still believe a higher achievement such as meeting the difficult USS standards should be more hilghly rewarded then a chairman.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 4:09 am

Being an insane looter and organizing the funds/clan storage/weaponry/looters is a far more difficult task than being an insane PvP'er and organizing a couple of men.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 4:16 am

looting - can be done by anyone

PvP stats - can only be done if a player sacrifices for them
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 4:34 am

That's 100% biased, right there.

Looting requires stats that makes it very hard to PvP or do pretty much anything else EXCEPT looting.

PvP itself is very easy. I am very good at it. I'm also very good at looting. And I know for a fact that looting is harder.

PvP is COMPLETELY based around weapons and stats. Looting is based off of skill.

If someone's good at looting, then they have skill, and more than likely half-decent at creating builds. If someone's good at PvP, all they need to have is stats and weaponry, and a basic knowledge of how PvP works. No skill required.

Honestly. I beat people who pride themselves on PvP and spend their entire DF Life devoted to making the perfect PvP Character... and I spent maybe what, 20 minutes planning my build, getting it restatted, then finding someone decent to kill?

Looting, it took me months of practice to get good at it. Look who are considered the game's all-time greats! Gregg Stevens = Based completely on Grinding/Looting. Interesting = First player to win Dusk Equipment, and buy all of it, also for a long while the richest and highest level player. Back when Z was good, he was considered a great, why? Because he looted several million dollars back when it was hard to loot 4K. Bubbles? Grinder. Nich? An amazing looter. Nicolai? Looter. VoraX? Hell, everything, including PvP.

Out of all of these, all of them are great for their PvE efforts. Reznorock is the KING of PvP, and yet he isn't considered one of DF's Greats.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 10:07 am

Trigger was the highest level engineer for like, two weeks.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 10:55 am

wow i spent about 30 minutes making a huge list of pros and cons to prove my point and when i backspaced it brought me back a page and i lost it all... whoever is the genious who added that to computers i hate them.

*starts to rewrite*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:00 am

Use Microsoft Word. Or WordPad. Or NotePad.
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:19 am

Still love the idea.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:20 am

Remember Jarki you have a USAS-12 and a Gau. Thats about 12 million dollars worth of hardwear that makes PvPing very simple.

PvPers:
+ you get to gloat when you kill a higher level player then you
+ Having high endurance means you can take a beating from zombies, but either way if you get hit 4-10 times from an LA, your dead.
+ Able to grind alot better then critical builds
+ They can hunt down greens with a higher success rate then looters

- Have to waste around 200 points on stats that arn't entirely nesessary to looting such as strength and endurance
- Using their PvP weapons such as assault rifles and shotguns, can make looting complicated
- You never know who your next opponette will be 90% of the time
- You only stand to lose money
- You dont get exp, only player kill points
- If a PvPer fights for an hour they stand to lose betwen 15-60k depending on how often they win and by how much
- If you face someone with dusk armor your in for a long fight and need very high armor and weapons to stand a chance
- no missions to aid with PvP fights

Looters:
+ Only stand to make money if they dont get killed right away and then it's only a small amount of ammo and about 3-6k
+ Can get exterm missions to make looting VERY easy
+ Can just circle and kill the street zombies to make looting the buildings 3x easier
+ if you have 80-100 agility you can loot just about anywhere
+ have the "pause/refresh" exploit if they are about to die.
+ Can use multiplayer to loot in teams
+ Always make exp for their characters
+ Can make outpost close to the areas they wish to loot

+/- Have to use aroud 80-100 points on agility
- Tend to have a harder time dealing with Green Long Arms
- usually arn't well equiped to handle massive aggro AND loot
- Spend a large amount of time walking

USS should be higher then Chairman. They have to sacrifice alot more. Any player with 80 agility and a machete can loot LA's if they are smart enough. Great PvPers such as the USS will be have to gear up in as much strong equipment as they can to stand a chance. They should be rewarded for striving to meet the USS requirements, which could hurt their looting abilities. All a chairman has to really do is be an active forum poster and be good at making money.
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:26 am

Mybe give them the same power?
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:38 am

Well when the new ranking system comes out ones gonna HAVE to be above the other. just how it's gonna end up working out.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 4:13 pm

Demon Eyes Kyo wrote:
Remember Jarki you have a USAS-12 and a Gau. Thats about 12 million dollars worth of hardwear that makes PvPing very simple.

GAU is never used, and is quite ineffective in PvP if against someone who knows what they're doing. USAS-12 is good, but I'm just as effective with it as a Raging Bull or VSS Vintorez. Most people who PvP have access to one of those, or something close like a Protecta.

Demon Eyes Kyo wrote:
PvPers:
+ you get to gloat when you kill a higher level player then you
+ Having high endurance means you can take a beating from zombies, but either way if you get hit 4-10 times from an LA, your dead.
+ Able to grind alot better then critical builds
+ They can hunt down greens with a higher success rate then looters

You can gloat when looting, if you loot a high level weapon or lots of cash or meds or food.

A looter usually has the endurance, and doesn't need it, due to their ability to dodge.

I'd say normally they're about equal, until you include OAs. And if that's the case, how is that such a "sacrifice"?

I find greens faster when I have no aggro, than if I have high aggro.

Demon Eyes Kyo wrote:

- Have to waste around 200 points on stats that arn't entirely nesessary to looting such as strength and endurance
- Using their PvP weapons such as assault rifles and shotguns, can make looting complicated
- You never know who your next opponette will be 90% of the time
- You only stand to lose money
- You dont get exp, only player kill points
- If a PvPer fights for an hour they stand to lose between 15-60k depending on how often they win and by how much
- If you face someone with dusk armor your in for a long fight and need very high armor and weapons to stand a chance
- no missions to aid with PvP fights

That's also the same deal with looting. If you have a looting build, you won't necessarily have the build to grind/PvP with. Also, if you think Endurance isn't used in looting, then you're mistaken. Looting builds also have to waste tons of points in Critical and Agility, both unnecessary to the typical PvP Build, while only Strength is unnecessary in the PvE build (usually).

Assault Rifles are terrible PvP Weapons AND PvE weapons. Shotguns and HMG's are the only ones that are good, and both of them do fine in looting. I loot in High Aggro with a Raging Bull with ease, I'm sure you can do fine with a Shotgun.

You never know if you'll come across a green, a behemoth (who isn't exclusive to high aggro, btw), a screen full of sprinting longarms, etc. The game LOVES to throw curveballs at you, for some reason.

Looting is a risk. It's a huge waste of time and money if you don't gain anything, while also could result in a huge gain of cash. Either way, it's a risk, and still doesn't really seem like it makes PvP harder... if anything, it makes Looting harder, because you can go months without finding anything except Bandages.

I don't see how that makes PvPing harder, it just makes Looting more beneficial. Besides, PvP'ers spend hours grinding extremely easily, leveling much faster than a looter could.

If a looter loots for an hour they stand to have wasted... well, an hour. As well as several thousand of dollars worth of ammo. Etc etc. Basically the same thing as PvP.

Dusk Armour isn't that bad (only Dusk Reactive), and is still easily defeatable if you know what you're doing... it's the same like coming across a Behemoth ingame. Easily defeatable if you know what you're doing, but takes for-fucking-ever to kill. XD

Missions don't necessarily aid with looting either. Ext. Missions may clear an entire area, but I don't know about you, all I've ever found during that is money drops... nothing more. Only time I find anything useful? High aggro looting. Besides, PvPers use missions as a quick and easy way to gain Experience and Money for PvPing.

Demon Eyes Kyo wrote:

Looters:
+ Only stand to make money if they dont get killed right away and then it's only a small amount of ammo and about 3-6k
+ Can get exterm missions to make looting VERY easy
+ Can just circle and kill the street zombies to make looting the buildings 3x easier
+ if you have 80-100 agility you can loot just about anywhere
+ have the "pause/refresh" exploit if they are about to die.
+ Can use multiplayer to loot in teams
+ Always make exp for their characters
+ Can make outpost close to the areas they wish to loot

True.

Already went over exterminator missions before, and how it doesn't truly help. If anything, it makes it more tedious and pointless.

Not true. As soon as you've killed one or two of them, they spawn in inconvenient places, and then unless you're good at dodging and have good agility, you're screwed.

Not true. It makes it easier, but it's still heavily reliant on dodging abilities. If this were true, anyone could loot... which is obviously not the case.

PvP'ers can also refresh when they're about to die. They just can't pause.

Looting in multiplayer is the stupidest move any looter can do. Invalid point.

True

True, but in PvP, you're already outposted close to where you want to PvP. No matter what. Tongue

Demon Killer Kyo wrote:

+/- Have to use aroud 80-100 points on agility
- Tend to have a harder time dealing with Green Long Arms
- usually arn't well equiped to handle massive aggro AND loot
- Spend a large amount of time walking

Already went over this one earlier. It's usually more than that.

Yes, though I can do better with a Raging Bull than I can with any other weapon.

Same as above.

Absolutely. Waste about a half hour simply getting to the place you want to loot, and usually die in half the time it took to walk there, if not faster.

Demon Eyes Kyo wrote:

USS should be higher then Chairman. They have to sacrifice alot more. Any player with 80 agility and a machete can loot LA's if they are smart enough. Great PvPers such as the USS will be have to gear up in as much strong equipment as they can to stand a chance. They should be rewarded for striving to meet the USS requirements, which could hurt their looting abilities. All a chairman has to really do is be an active forum poster and be good at making money.

Since when do USS sacrifice more? They love and want to PvP, and thus they probably already meet the requirements willingly. Your second statement is false. It's COMPLETELY reliant on skill with whatever weapon/statistics you have. Technically, I could loot with a PvP build (I've done it before when I was desperate for cash), just as well as someone could with an average looting build. Chairman has to make many more sacrifices. Not only do they have to waste much of their times trying to bring in money to support the clan, they also have to organize the Looters, keep track of the Storage (which is a job that would be hard for someone who only had that responsibility alone), keep track of the Looters, be active poster, get along with most, etc. USS only have to level up and get equipment, which looters and Chairman will be doing anyways. USS are striving for a requirement almost every DF player is striving for, while Chairman is doing that and more. Only their focus is PvE, rather than PvP.

Reznorock finds PvP easy, but PvE very hard (or at least, used to). He's the king of PvP, and has a weapon considered more broken than the GAU. I think that's saying something.

All in all, regardless of whether looting or PvP is harder or not, a military rank should NOT be higher than positions like the Chairman. It's simply a bad idea.
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 4:30 pm

i think this round went to jarki. lets go over to our response from DEK!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Ranking System for DF Umbrella
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next