Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

New Ranking System for DF Umbrella

Go down 
+11
Imp
Moose
Z 1
Pest02
Uvana
Trig
Demon Eyes Kyo
W. Birkin
Wesker
Dalton
Lightning
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

Number of posts : 449

New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 30, 2010 11:57 pm

Back at level 25 i ws looting LA area with with 80 agility and a machete easily. Then i made 100k for a 8/7/8 sig 550. Using those two weapon at level 30 i looted near the end of death row borderline GLAZ territory easily. I used the money to get a katana, then a vss. i skipped the whole dragunov phase. All you need to loot is an exterm mission or as i said earlier circle the zombies with a weapon kil them and the inside of abild decreases in zombies by like 60% since no more will be entering. Looting is VERY EASY hell you start learning it from level 1. by the time you hit level 30 if you cant loot easyily then your obviously do something very wrong.

I've been playing since late july with a critical build and i have never seen a single behemoth. And i did alot of killing/looting. Your chances of finding a behemoth with an all crit build and no aggro weapons is like .05%

If you loot death row its impossible not to make money inthe first 15 minutes of being there. As long as you grab the good ammo, not just equipment. Most looters grab ammo, nero, and level 50 meds. If they find a weapon or armor thats just a huge bonus most of the time it happens. And with the items they grab if thy do die they still dont lose money except to pay for services since they already looted the items to heal and eat.

I looted close to 1.5mil for my VSS and Katana, using only a the weapons i said above (machete, sig 550, later katana) and the only armor i had was a kevlar vest and about 30 endurance. with 90 agility only time i really died was when i was watching tv more then playing the game and when i felt like dying was a quicker way to get back then walking.

Technically a Heavy machinegun is an assault rifle class weapon in the wiki, since they use rifle ammo. Only reason they are HMG is the market is cause the machinegun section is crammed with like 20 different guns and they can hold mass amounts of ammo.

OA's are once a day if your on at the right time, looting is open 24/7

8/10 times a player with an Raging bull and mesh armors faces an opponette with a exterminator reactive armor and a raging bull, the one with the reactive is gonna win. Theres really no REAL tricks to PvP your either a good shot or a bad one. Players with 124 agility in PvP cant really dodge, you simply can not move faster then a mouse cursor.

PvP weapons do make looting very hard and less profitable. Instead of dealing with 8 LA's your dealing with 8 sprinting LA's in just about every room of a building you go into to. Even though they may get more exp by grinding, they also lose about triple to quadrouple the cash just from the ammo alone. I give you the example, Dalton217. Loves the M60 but he can not keep up with the ammo requirements it requires to loot as well as he did. Thus he's selling his M60 again.

90 agility and 1 decent weapon can make even the lowest nub a great looter. I beleive the average speed for an LA is like 86, 96 if they are sprinting from high aggro.

Exterminators missions are the backbone for looters. All the great items i've found from looting is after i cleared a zone (sw 500, dragunov, and desert eagle)

when it comes to the pause/refresh exploit sure a PvPer can use the refresh command, but how many are actually gonna realise they are about to die and use it in time?
Back to top Go down
Dalton
Survivor
Dalton

Number of posts : 4

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 12:55 am

Yes this is true.
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:17 am

and back over to jarki!
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

Number of posts : 119

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 9:31 am

So much to read........
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 31, 2010 12:57 pm

Dorts hed hurt. Dorts hit stuff with stick and stay out of argument.
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 6:36 am

lol me and jarki are gonna be at this for awhilei take it Tongue
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 10:04 pm

I can loot with an M60. I can loot with a USAS. I can loot with a GAU (LAWL, had to add that :3). I can loot with pretty much ANY weapon you give me. It's because I can, and have practiced it.

Also, it's impossible to walk faster than a sprinting LA. I don't know who spread that rumour, and whoever claims it's true is lying. I've had 124 agility, and been unable to walk faster than a SLA.

And maybe I should be more clear: It's incredibly difficult to be successful in looting. It's incredibly difficult to get something specific that you want, in looting. It's incredibly difficult to make more than a couple hundred thousand in looting, unless you loot CONSTANTLY. PvP of the Week can be won in an hour a day. Akraix proved that when he did it, and he even skipped a day or so. He also has to spend several hours a day when he loots, to have the success that he has. I know, because I'm very, very close to him. He himself admits that looting is much harder than PvP, and he can kill basically anyone with ease.

Also, about the Pause/Refresh thing.. how come so many people die when they're looting, then? Same rules apply to PvP as it does to PvE, when it comes to refreshing.

Also, HMG's are not Assault Rifles. At all. They just have the same critical chance/ammo.

I talked with Reznorock about this, just now. He agrees, that looting is generally harder, and that the ONLY thing harder than looting, is being TOP PvP'ers, like himself. And I can assure you, the USS will not be that. I'm not even that. Akraix isn't even that. Either way you look at it, it isn't that at all. As a matter of fact, only one I'd consider TOP PvP is Reznorock and Sollie. And Sollie's a LOOTER. XD
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 01, 2010 11:25 pm

Jarki wrote:
1. I can loot with an M60. I can loot with a USAS. I can loot with a GAU (LAWL, had to add that :3). I can loot with pretty much ANY weapon you give me. It's because I can, and have practiced it.

2. Also, it's impossible to walk faster than a sprinting LA. I don't know who spread that rumour, and whoever claims it's true is lying. I've had 124 agility, and been unable to walk faster than a SLA.

3. And maybe I should be more clear: It's incredibly difficult to be successful in looting. It's incredibly difficult to get something specific that you want, in looting.

4. Also, about the Pause/Refresh thing.. how come so many people die when they're looting, then? Same rules apply to PvP as it does to PvE, when it comes to refreshing.

5. I talked with Reznorock about this, just now. He agrees, that looting is generally harder, and that the ONLY thing harder than looting, is being TOP PvP'ers, like himself.

1. We're not generally speaking about you or me, we're talkin about the majority of players. The level 30's-40's with high aggro weapons. And basically by saying you can do it with all weapons your saying looting can be easy which is my point i'm making.

2. you can out sprint them for a time.

3. Rarely does anyone find the SPECIFIC item they want, thats why it's called looting, not finding. You build up cash to eventualy buy the item you want. If you just to happen to loot what your saving for you got lucky and have extra cash now.

4. Alot of people die cause they either refused to use pause refresh during a green/behemoth fight cause they wanted the loot they could get when it dies. Tried to use a door and got surprised by a zombie blocking the path last second and weren't paying attention on critical. Or they died by choice to get to Nastya's faster.

5. Getting on the top 100 for everything is difficult in it's own way. Also reznorok is so great cause he has the only Guass Rifle which shoots like a Machinegun Rifle. A big advantage and i know your gonna say 'he uses other things too not just the Guass' but if i had that i could prolly get on Top 100 PvP players in about 2 months or less.
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 8:10 pm

I, I don't know anymore. Both seem right. But kyo is kind of right. My weapons, as well as most of ours, aren't as good as yours.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptyTue Feb 02, 2010 9:17 pm

Reznorock was the greatest PvPer (Number 1) WAY before the Gauss was created for him. XD

Basically since he joined and PvP was implemented, he has been.

By saying I can do it with all items does not say it's easy, it says I can loot with all weapons. While many others can't. And generally, PvP is easy. Random idiots win Top PvP all the time, simply because they A) have a GAU B) are a low level C) are both. It's quite easy to kill people in PvP, the ONLY time it gets hard is when you face someone like Rezno or Sollie or Sgt. Thompson or whatever.

The Pause/Refresh thing isn't true all the time. Maybe 30%? Iono. But if that was the case, then well, you give me a new point. PvP, if someone joins all "surprise!" you can easily refresh. On PvE, a zombie appears in a door suddenly, you're screwed.

Know what people complain is the hardest part about winning Top PvP? Having to loot the money to support your run, and having to loot the money to buy the weaponry after. PvP itself is VERY easy. I guess looting itself is VERY easy as well. But looting well? That's the hard part.

As I said, the greatest players of DF have all been Looters and Grinders. Not PvPers.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 03, 2010 5:26 pm

As far as I'm concerned, the PvPers should have much less power, unless that power comes from being a loved and respected member of the clan.

Looting = Creates income, which results in better gear, which results in performing better at the game, which results in leveling up faster, which results in a clan with more higher-leveled members, which results in more influence. Therefore, it is very important.

PvP = A pointless waste of time and resources, that should only be attempted by level 200s with nothing better to do, or people who REALLY want Dusk gear. Good for settling personal disputes, I suppose. In the event of a clan war, I guess we would need a few people who know what they're doing.

Once the new version of DF comes out, PvP will be an entirely new experience. Until then, it takes the backseat by far.
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 6:37 pm

Any tl;dr translation?

Suppose not.

*Goes to read*
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 8:18 pm

Trigger wrote:
As far as I'm concerned, the PvPers should have much less power, unless that power comes from being a loved and respected member of the clan.

Looting = Creates income, which results in better gear, which results in performing better at the game, which results in leveling up faster, which results in a clan with more higher-leveled members, which results in more influence. Therefore, it is very important.

PvP = A pointless waste of time and resources, that should only be attempted by level 200s with nothing better to do, or people who REALLY want Dusk gear. Good for settling personal disputes, I suppose. In the event of a clan war, I guess we would need a few people who know what they're doing.

Once the new version of DF comes out, PvP will be an entirely new experience. Until then, it takes the backseat by far.

clan influence also depends on the post count of some of your members a bit. overall i agree with this though.
Back to top Go down
Joe Jack
Pony Supreme
Pony Supreme
Joe Jack

Number of posts : 170

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptySun Feb 07, 2010 8:23 pm

as a looter i agree with Trigger
Back to top Go down
Demon Eyes Kyo
Veteran
Demon Eyes Kyo

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 8:18 am

Eh i'm in the middle of looting now with a VSS and a Thompson nothing hard about it. I got hit once cause i decided to be risky and try a run between three LA's instead of going around for the last body to loot.

Stupid risks = bad looters
playing smart = great looters

only reason i got hit was cause i like taking risks to keep the game fun Tongue

P.S. Everjust equip yourself with a weak gun like the PP90 and try to survive in deathrow with 1 or 2 people with weak weapons? Its alot of fun. Back when i was level 30 i did that with my buddy Sniper QC we went to try and reach he helicopter armed with only PP90's, Kevlar Vests, and combat knives. It was fun as hell acting like and a special ops group trying to reach the helicopter. (we didnt make it died about 3/4ths th way there Tongue)
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 5:56 pm

That should be a clan event........
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:07 pm

Looting is still harder than PvP. XD
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptyMon Feb 08, 2010 6:21 pm

I second HB's notion. that 'should' be a clan event.
Back to top Go down
HellBlaze
Soldier
HellBlaze

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 8:01 am

I third my own notion....... EVENT!
Back to top Go down
Joe Jack
Pony Supreme
Pony Supreme
Joe Jack

Number of posts : 170

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 1:56 pm

i fourth HB's notion
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 3:10 pm

Notion fourth'd. There will be a thread created on the DF Forum and announcements will be made in all the fashionable magazines.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 4:44 pm

Trigger wrote:

Selfquotingman strikes again!

I seem to have had a change of heart. After all, what's there to do once you reach level 200? At that point, you probably won't have any more upgrades to work towards, or any financial goals at all for that matter. Except perhaps those generated by your clan.

At level 200, the only thing left is PvP. It is the primary endgame activity, where all of your grinding and scavenging shows its worth. Therefore, I suppose people who are good at PvP deserve their fair share of recognition.

*Pretends level 25 GAU-users do not exist*
Back to top Go down
Moose
Survivor
Moose

Character Sheet
Name:

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:41 pm

If it matters at all, I also believe that the helicopter run should be a clan event.
And I do agree with what Trigger said. Looters are the backbone of our clan, supporting and strengthening us. PVPers are only called upon under special circumstances, such as a clan war or dispute, and therefore, shouldn't be nearly as high valued as they are currently.

(P.S., Would a transfer to the economic section be hard for me to get? I would be a horrible PVPer anyway, and I would like to switch.)
Back to top Go down
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 5:46 pm

Moose wrote:
(P.S., Would a transfer to the economic section be hard for me to get? I would be a horrible PVPer anyway, and I would like to switch.)

Done.

Answer: Not hard at all.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 EmptyWed Feb 10, 2010 7:19 pm

Trigger wrote:
At level 200, the only thing left is PvP. It is the primary endgame activity, where all of your grinding and scavenging shows its worth. Therefore, I suppose people who are good at PvP deserve their fair share of recognition.

*Pretends level 25 GAU-users do not exist*

By that logic, if you're not Level 200, then you don't deserve the recognition mentioned.

Looting still has its purpose once you're Level 200. Grinding doesn't.

ALSO

Level 25 GAU users are easy if you stay off-screen.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Ranking System for DF Umbrella   New Ranking System for DF Umbrella - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

New Ranking System for DF Umbrella
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next