Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

Umbrella Clan Item v2

Go down 
+11
Uvana
W. Birkin
havikk
Jabbawoky
Raveneye1991
ColonelKickAss
Havoc
Animal Mother
Untersturmführer Alvarez
Imp
Joe Jack
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Wesker
Overseer
Overseer
Wesker

Number of posts : 667

Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:05 am

Duke Nukem (Takes) Forever.

lulz.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 12:07 am

Well, I guess my reference/joke is ruined as it's actually being released and I've got a beta access code.

BUT THAT'S ANOTHER STORY...
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

Number of posts : 490

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 3:52 am

Even if that's the case Jarki, we should pitch it out there, ya know? Worse thing he
can do is tell us no. If you could talk him into at -least- considering our proposition,
we would have at least made it known that we're willing to go that extra mile to
show our support to Dead Frontier. If he does consider the idea, we need to know
how many credits it would take for us to make our dream achievable.

I guess I'll pass my vote on to our variant of the Samurai Edge, but I still think it
needs a better name for it.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:07 am

VOID raised an insane amount of money, off-site, with all money going to Neil. Of course, most of the money raised was them buying their own shit, but still. It's an excessive amount that even if we all do ated 50 bucks (which I highly doubt would happen), we probably still would be short. That's counting the people who actually read this forum and would k ow about it, and not taking into accoun all the people who would likely be unable to donate that amount.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 5:31 am

And if void can do it, we can, too. It may take us a little longer, but its not impossible.

I'm not the best person out there when it comes to photoshop or anything, but hell, I think I could even
muster getting a dollar for custom signatures. Trigger could, too so long as he doesn't get swamped
when school begins again (not to mention other things). I know Wesker can and has offered to put in
funds before, and once I get my new pc, I'll have some disposable income, to boot. And then there's DEK.
He was on-board with this as well, and if we could get him behind the pistol, which if it's as good as you
and Wesker say it is, then I'm sure Kyo would like it just as well, and I'm sure he'd he more than willing
to pitch in on it. $15. It isn't just about Neil doing us a favor by making us a special item, we're doing him
a favor as well.
Back to top Go down
Raveneye1991
Survivor
Raveneye1991

Number of posts : 37

Character Sheet
Name: Raveneye1991
Weapons: What do you need them to be?
Items: Anything you want!

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 10:09 am

Well, the pistol sounds great, and I'm thinking it shouldn't cost as mush as an armor at least if we all support it. Armors are the usual clan item though, so it would be new as well and make Umbrella unique, but then the whole STARS weapon idea seems to clash with our theme. Maybe a new name is needed for it, but that's just my opinion. I can help out too in paying for it if needed as well.
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

Number of posts : 76

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 2:56 pm

Hell. If it means getting a unique weapon, I'll donate 50 bucks to the cause.

I would need some kind of confirmation from Niel that it would happen though. I'd want him to commit to a pricepoint for x number of units.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 4:57 pm

Raveneye1991 wrote:
Well, the pistol sounds great, and I'm thinking it shouldn't cost as mush as an armor at least if we all support it. Armors are the usual clan item though, so it would be new as well and make Umbrella unique, but then the whole STARS weapon idea seems to clash with our theme. Maybe a new name is needed for it, but that's just my opinion. I can help out too in paying for it if needed as well.
I've always felt the Samurai Edge was an iconic gun in RE. When I brought it up in this thread, I knew it was STARS and decided to make it a more powerful version of a STARS weapon produced by Umbrella.
Back to top Go down
Raveneye1991
Survivor
Raveneye1991

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 7:37 pm

Oh, in that case, that works great. I may even stat reset to pistols if we get it due to it being a better pistol then the other ones out there and I could learn to use it in PvP vs. the USANs and VSS fighters at least to promote it.
Back to top Go down
Joe Jack
Pony Supreme
Pony Supreme
Joe Jack

Number of posts : 170

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:08 pm

Just an idea, but, why can't it be a melee weapon? I think that other weapons are too specific to certain and that a weapon used by almost everybody in the clan would be more favorable rather than a specific weapon type. I don't know if it's a bad idea or not but it's just something to think about.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 8:59 pm

Melee can't haul ass like a high level gun can.
Back to top Go down
Joe Jack
Pony Supreme
Pony Supreme
Joe Jack

Number of posts : 170

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 9:15 pm

Not necessarily a melee weapon but something that is used commonly within the clan. I just think it would be easier to find more people willing to chip in.
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 13, 2011 11:09 pm

Kanden wrote:
Name: Samurai Edge UC92F
Weapon Class: Pistol
Ammo Type: .45
Capacity: 15
Reload Speed: Fast reload speed
Firing Speed: Fast firing speed (3 shots per second)
Accuracy: High accuracy
Critical Chance: High critical chance
Skill requirements: 100 pistol
DPS: 36.2 (With 100+ critical/80% chance: 144.8)

Weapon Description: Based on the Beretta "Samurai Edge" 92F used by the S.T.A.R.S, the Umbrella Corporation releases, to a select few, their own take on the gun. It's the fastest firing pistol in the game, uses a .45 caliber bullet rather than a .40, and retains its 15 round capacity for those without a high reload stat.

Visually, the gun only differs with a glossy black finish and rather than a S.T.A.R.S. logo on the handle, what remains is the Umbrella.

I argue with the dps strength. it can't be too overpowered otherwise admin will never do it. If we keep the .45 caliber, we need to balance it against the cz 97b, which has 18.2 dps, 76.44 with full crit chance. we may be able to boost that to 25/100, slightly less powerful than a bull, slightly more than an enforcer.

also, my idea for a weapon, since there isn't a lvl 100 smg, and there should be:

Name: Umbrella Tactical UMP
Weapon Class: SMG
Ammo Type: .45
Capacity: 42
Reload Speed: Fast reload speed
Firing Speed: Fast Burst firing speed (6 shots per second, more on this in description)
Accuracy: Average accuracy
Critical Chance: Average Critical Chance
Skill requirements: 100 machine gun, 45 strength
DPS: 45 (With 124 critical/55% chance: 142.65)

Weapon Description: Modeled after the UMP, this shiny jet black model (Umbrella Logo on the stock?) has gotten a few upgrades for use in the field by elite UBCS personnel. The model has upgraded sights, offering increased accuracy. A controlled burst firing mechanism increases critical hit chance, as well as overall bullet stopping power. This has further been enhanced by a custom barrel and breach designed for .45 rounds, instead of the .40 rounds the original model was designed for. These combined offer a whopping 7.5 damage/shot, or 45 dps, 142.65 dps with max crit. Extended clip size allows for prolonged fire with minimal reload downtime.

The unique burst fire system is what sets this gun apart in the DF universe. The Tactical UMP fires 3 round bursts at the rate of 2 per second (6 rounds per second.) the bursts fire at the rate of the hmg's, 12 rounds per second. this allows a notable pause between bursts, but not to great that it diminishes the weapons effectiveness as an smg. The more controlled burst fire means a clip is drained in approximately 7 seconds, and the burst fire mechanism allows for a more lax reload speed, as the clip is emptied 1/4 second before the weapon may even be fired again. What is saved on reload is spent on strength, balancing the requirements for the weapons maximum effectiveness.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:50 am

Hax, you and Kanden both have valid points. Melee is more practical, because it's something
the entire clan uses to some degree. It's quiet, versatile and effective, but as kanden stated,
a melee weapon just can't cut it like a gun can when the aggro really kicks in.

And really there just aren't that many iconic melee weapons in the RE universe, none that
aren't already present within DF's repertoire of weapons. I can see why void went with
armor, because its something everyone could readily use with the required stats and still
be free to use what weapons they like. If we're going to go for a weapon, we want it to be
on the same level tier as the guass rifle and the titanium blades.

I agree with Buck, we need a weapon that has balance but at the same time, if we're going
to be throwing a lot of credits to admin, we at least need to make it worth our while.
Back to top Go down
Uvana
Soldier
Uvana

Number of posts : 179

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 2:45 am

Why doesnt everyone just get a gas mask, black tin helmet, and black armor? Ta-da, clan armor. Tongue
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 4:17 am

Posting a revised version with minor changes:

Name: Samurai Edge UC92F
Weapon Class: Pistol
Ammo Type: .50
Capacity: 15
Reload Speed: Average reload speed
Firing Speed: Fast firing speed (3 shots per second)
Accuracy: High accuracy
Critical Chance: High critical chance
Skill requirements: Something low, 40 pistol? 0 seems a bit unlikely
DPS: 20%-30% the damage the Alpha Bull does, revolver boost included

A problem with this is that not everyone uses pistols, and having a lowered skill requirement may help with that. I've changed the DPS to something in a non-specific zone, that Admin could decide upon yet have an idea of what we want. I chose 20%-30% because when you compare VOIDs armour, they have 30% more durability than the best non-dusk armour in the game. Thoughts?

I'd root against an SMG Buck, because I can expect there to be one soon with the AR updates and whatnot, along with the fact I plan on partly paying for this, and I won't have any business using an SMG now.

I'm gonna have to say I don't feel that 144 DPS is OP, when you compare the Alpha Bull's DPS, the best non-dusk pistol, and the fact we're all personally paying a large sum of cash for this.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 12:43 pm

Joyki wrote:
Why doesnt everyone just get a gas mask, black tin helmet, and black armor? Ta-da, clan armor. Tongue

Because thatd be falling back on the previous "Clan uniform" discussion and thus the same thing arises:
communism is bad, mmkay?
Back to top Go down
Havoc
Tragically Insane
Havoc

Number of posts : 75

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 1:41 pm

I'd rather have an armor I can choose to wear or not than a pistol that doesn't fit my pve build.
Back to top Go down
Buckaroo Banzai
Interdimensional Badass
Interdimensional Badass
Buckaroo Banzai

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 1:57 pm

So make an alt. Winy.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 14, 2011 8:52 pm

You don't play anyways Havoc.
And pretty sure this pistol would work with anything.
Back to top Go down
Trig
Failed Experiment
Failed Experiment
Trig

Number of posts : 14

Character Sheet
Name:
Weapons: None
Items: Nothing

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 9:28 am

Name: Krauser Blade
Weapon Class: Melee, Knife
Weapon requirements: None

I imagine it as being identical in damage to a katana, but with the swinging speed and reach of a knife. And it has no requirement. Therefore, it's not really overpowered since it's only a knife, and anyone in the clan can use it. There are no special edition knives in the game yet, (not counting the dawn razor) so it would be unique too.
Back to top Go down
Raveneye1991
Survivor
Raveneye1991

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 2:39 pm

Actually not bad, plus everyone can use it since there are no weapon requirements. Forgot about his preference for a knife since he only showed up in two games that I'm aware of.
Back to top Go down
W. Birkin
Veteran
W. Birkin

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 3:20 pm

It's still essentially a combat or bowie knife.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 3:25 pm

But then we're paying lots of money for something worth 300k Trig.
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 15, 2011 3:42 pm

Admin has allready stated in past, there wont be anymore 0 weapon requirements. If you try to pitch that, I'm fairly certain it's going to get shot down almost immediately.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Umbrella Clan Item v2   Umbrella Clan Item v2 - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Umbrella Clan Item v2
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next