Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

SOS Discussion Topic

Go down 
+3
Peng
Z 1
fatalitywolf
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 9:14 pm

Ok, army plan:

The gnomes:
Tinie will return home, find his race cowering in fear of Penguin. Orcs are known to capture and pillage gnome settlements. Tinie promises freedom, and challenges the council of elder gnomes to pick their best fighter for hand to hand combat for sole rule of the gnomes. Tinie cheats in the fight and uses magic. Technically, Tinie won using his hands, even if a frost spell shot out of it. Tinie named Gnome Overlord.

Uses: Gnomes build things, but are not good melee fighters. Weapons created for army, siege machines, and battlements.

The Dwarves:
Tinie uses his position as Gnome Overlord to try and convince the dwarves. The dwarves are in some sort of crisis. Bodies are appearing near the inner parts of the mine. Dwarves blame the gnomes, Tinie and party fight 5 dwarves. After the battle they accept, as long as they first help fight something evil that has taken up refuge in the bottom of the dwarf mine.-Vladimir the ancient.

Uses: They mine raw minerals. Excellent fighters, but not many want to leave the mine.

The Orcs:
Tinie and Tia will go deeper into the mine. Gurog and Angelo will travel to the orc settlement to reason. Both squads will have a half dozen dwarf berserers and a few siege weapons.

Hopeful way of action-Gurog can peacefully persuade the orcs to join our cause. Tia persuades Vladimir to stop eating the dwarves. Vladimir agrees to move elsewhere.

Other way-Gurog starts a riot, and him and dwarves fight off orcs. Tinie, Tia, and dwarves fight Vladimir.

Uses: Decent fighters, but they number in the hundreds.

Castle built in the river Nines delta to celebrate victory and peace for the ages amongst the hidden groups of the world. I may post a map of my intended area of ownership too, it won't be that big.

I haven't got into any evil part yet. That is a plan, for another time....if I plan to do that. I may just become an arms dealer and sell all sorts of weapons, or create a third army and pick at the sides of both armies while they battle each other head on.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 10:26 pm

[wow]Sword of Aeons[/wow]

That is a 'wow' bbcode. |wow|Item|/wow|

Random number (1,1000000) :

We have an random number generator. |rand|least, greatest|/rand|

Last edited by Pest02 on Mon Jan 19, 2009 10:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 10:26 pm

The member 'Pest02' has done the following action : rolldie

'Die' :
SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 Images4920787ds5
Result :
SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 Images4473983cj9
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 10:33 pm

It seems Jarki put herself as gamemaster. If you preview, there is a tab at the bottom that says 'rolldie'. Select 'Dice', and how many times you want to roll it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 10:35 pm

Yes, Hunk was the Gamemaster...I think all it is, is who states the dice rolled..
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 10:40 pm

*Trigger looks at his nickel that he uses to decide things*

I think they're trying to replace you, little buddy! D: There, there, don't be sad!

*pets nickel*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 10:52 pm

Nothing is working quite so well yet...

*keeps trying*
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 12:37 am

Announcement!

Spartan, Havoc, and Poseidon each have 1 stat point left unspent.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 12:46 am

Second Announcement!

Whoever invented the semi-colon deserves to be beaten to death.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 7:39 am

Trigger wrote:
By that time we will probably all be level 20s with Orihalcon stuff so we will be able to do whatever we damn well please without fear of ruining the story or acting overpowered. *points at all the people I've had to say NO to for doing crazy stuff that a level 2 shouldn't be doing* *points at Pest*

If you'd post our battles, I'd be like, level 5.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 9:07 am

I really like this sort of RP, we need to have more like it. There are a few problems however:

*Characters all seem to start with same stats. An Orc is always going to be stronger than a human of the same level, an elf always faster than an orc, ect. We need starter stats. Maybe 5 stats spread out between:

Strength-Allows stronger weapons to be equipped
Agility-How fast you move
Magic-Random explosions. Includes Alchemy.
Personality-How much NPC's react to you.
Luck-Loot pickups.

Then a (+2) bonus to whatever class you chose. The 7 stats can't be placed on one thing. A normal human warrior could have (2),1,1,2,1. We also need a Bestiary of what can do what.

You obviously can't put more than 3 on anything as a starter. If you put a 0, you can never level that stat up. EVER. You have to have 1 stat on agility to be able to run. 1 stat on personality to not be beaten to death by villagers. 1 stat on luck to not be accidentally shot by foresters. 1 stat on strength to be able to equip a weapon. 1 Magic isn't really a necessity though.

*RP mod team. Trigger is a good game master, but he seems to be busy with other things. We need at least a three man crew to moderate loot and battle pick ups. This would help with the wait some people have, and have higher level players. Right now, I'm avoiding battles just so I can continue role playing.

*Branching storyline. Trigger is hogging all the action right now. I'm trying to create some sort of story for Penguin and I, but I find it difficult. WE NEED CAVERNS OF LEVELING. Maybe a goblin lair, or a Dragon lair. All we have is cities, and mountains. This must only be difficult for Penguin and I, because both of our people live in the mountains.
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 11:02 am

wild animals?
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 12:04 pm

There are wild animals, just they seem to be scared of people and not want to get near.

No one has posted a battle with a wild animal.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 1:46 pm

I killed a deer...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 4:00 pm

Oh come on, I was just late posting that one battle of yours! D: *sad*

Anyway, if you want to guarantee a quickly posted battle, then keep them simple, like "We're jumped by 3 thieves."

You know, the types of battles that don't need a lot of explanation like that pirate battle of yours would have required.

Quote :
*Characters all seem to start with same stats. An Orc is always going to be stronger than a human of the same level, an elf always faster than an orc, ect. We need starter stats. Maybe 5 stats spread out between:

Strength-Allows stronger weapons to be equipped
Agility-How fast you move
Magic-Random explosions. Includes Alchemy.
Personality-How much NPC's react to you.
Luck-Loot pickups.

Then a (+2) bonus to whatever class you chose. The 7 stats can't be placed on one thing. A normal human warrior could have (2),1,1,2,1. We also need a Bestiary of what can do what.

You obviously can't put more than 3 on anything as a starter. If you put a 0, you can never level that stat up. EVER. You have to have 1 stat on agility to be able to run. 1 stat on personality to not be beaten to death by villagers. 1 stat on luck to not be accidentally shot by foresters. 1 stat on strength to be able to equip a weapon. 1 Magic isn't really a necessity though.

I had originally wanted to avoid just that. You see, I didn't want to force a person to be an orc if they wanted to be the best warrior around, nor did I want to force someone to be an elf if they wanted to be the best archer. However, if this receives any more support then I will most definitely include it in SoS2. As for a bestiary, I might start making one, but it will mostly be like the pokedex from pokemon (meaning info on a monster isn't listed until you at least meet the enemy a single time.) I'd hate to have a so called "complete" bestiary, and then turn around and throw an unlisted monster at you.

Quote :
*RP mod team. Trigger is a good game master, but he seems to be busy with other things. We need at least a three man crew to moderate loot and battle pick ups. This would help with the wait some people have, and have higher level players. Right now, I'm avoiding battles just so I can continue role playing.

I take pride in the fact that the RP is a one man show, but you could be right, seeing as how I often have three or four posts waiting to be made at the same time. They would have to be harshly trained though. Currently I think that I'm capable of ably keeping up with you guys, but if my motivation fails or if any more people joined then I will probably end up being forced to allow additional game masters.
Quote :

*Branching storyline. Trigger is hogging all the action right now. I'm trying to create some sort of story for Penguin and I, but I find it difficult. WE NEED CAVERNS OF LEVELING. Maybe a goblin lair, or a Dragon lair. All we have is cities, and mountains. This must only be difficult for Penguin and I, because both of our people live in the mountains.

Considering that it was impossible for me to predict everyone's actions, I was forced to write the story around my character when I drew up the plot line for SoS back in December, and therefore Braavos naturally comes across all of the important parts of the tale. If you're wanting action but don't wish to be apart of the story, then I would propose that you head to one of the other continents, or continue with the storyline you were already doing. Also, it looks like you're waiting for some sort of dungeon before you begin leveling. This is unnecessary, seeing as how you can just randomly generate enemies to fight at any time. (But you're more than welcome to just create some random cave.)

And don't worry about me hogging ALL of the action, you and pengy will be getting your own SPECIAL boss encounter very soon. ^_^ *laughs manaically*
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 4:16 pm

Trigger wrote:
pokedex from pokemon

Exactly.

Quote :
I had originally wanted to avoid just that. You see, I didn't want to force a person to be an orc if they wanted to be the best warrior around, nor did I want to force someone to be an elf if they wanted to be the best archer. However, if this receives any more support then I will most definitely include it in SoS2.

Humans are more of the jack of all trade classes. They are usually the dominant species, and have more influence than others. Orcs live in small tribes or in caves. People hate them.

It would be a lot better to have people level individually, not have several characters in the story that have the exact same abilities. If they are unique, they may actually be useful.

Quote :
Considering that it was impossible for me to predict everyone's actions

It's obvious that someone, normally Havoc, will defect to the dark side. You might as well have a story lined up for them too.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2009 10:10 pm

At the top of page 28:

Trigger, Zak, Austin, and Fatality defended a maid at the local inn against a group of drunks. The guards were called, and those four and Pest left for the forest, to hide. Pest had no reason to hide, he is not a wanted criminal.

They set up a camp in a clearing, with two different campfires. An orc(Penguin) found them, followed by a huntsman(Spartan). Jarki soon found the group, followed by Konstantine and his hawk.

Trigger left the group because it was a mess and was more trouble that it was worth. Penguin chased after him, and Jarki the vampire after him. Spartan wandered off without talking, and Tinie chased after Trigger to ask him for directions.

Pest was punted into a river where he was found by Spartan, they had roast chicken. Austin found a group of men who identified Jarki as a vampire. Austin attacked Jarki, but was assaulted by Penguin, coming to her aid.

Austin fought off Penguin, and tried to attack Jarki but was hit by a frost spell by Pest. The rest of the group caught up to them.

Trigger left the group and found the town of Wessenridge. It was under attack by Sergeant Wilhelm, who was under orders from the king.

Trigger, Konstantine, Z1, Austin, and Havoc defended the town, along with a small group of locals.

Triggers' group left the town, and encountered a group of thieves in the forest.

Jarki and Wolf got into an argument. Wolf has a curse on him that makes him need to protect vampires from outside threats. Jarki sees this as an opening, and attacks.

Pest teleported to the ruined town of Wessenridge, and Penguin stumbled in wondering why smoke was coming from the town. Penguin, Pest, and Spartan defended themselves against some angry locals.

Jarki kills Wolf. She then fights a reserve corporal and loses. She was arrested but managed to escape to Jerdy.

Trigger, Austin, Jarki, Havoc, Setting, and Z1 manage to get involved in a barfight. Setting leads Jarki towards his house. Trigger's party goes adventuring.

Tinie, Penguin, and spartan find the boat dock, and manage to get aboard a boat.

Jerdy was attacked by Garemiah Bergram. Trigger, Austin, Jarki, Setting, Teckno, and Z1 were defeated. Garemiah's forces were attacked by the Red Patriots. The general, Bahntalos, criticaly wounded Garemiah, but was unable to deliver a death blow before he escaped.

Tinie and Penguin choose to become evil. They murder the paladin spartan.

Trigger talked to his (rp)brother Bahntalos, who enlisted him to join the Red Army's cause. Imp went into town and fought 2 Thieves. Tekno and GoS both died. Jarki and Setting talked about the Demone di Nitte, and Konny, Z1, Austin, and Havoc sparred.

Tekno and Poseidon were beaten to death by villagers.

Tinie became the communist ruler of the Gnomes.

This is the story so far.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2009 10:58 pm

Well, looks like I'm putting my foot in my mouth only a day afterwards.

Pest, you can now dictate battles for your group. Remember to take into account the player's strength, agility, luck, weapon and armour qualities, and the existence of a shield when writing your battles.

I will still be controlling your rewards, and will probably throw some misfortune your way if your party starts becoming incredibly lucky, but I won't try to control your battles unless you either do battle with another player, or get into a fight that's important to the story (like if you tried to stab Bergram or something)

This I do for the sake of having a speedier more enjoyable RP.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 7:49 am

I took a 75+ damage backhand. That taking into account Strength, Armor class, and Level? :p

Quote :
Gurog picked up a nearby pick axe, and impaled the vampire, pinning him to a mine wall.

I like this part, but I can't seem to write it the way I want to.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 3:42 pm

Nicely executed Pest, my only problem with it was where you stated "Tine and Gurog Level"

Now, it's rather obvious that you were going to level after such a fight, but for future reference, I'll worry about XP distribution.

I'm already ashamed enough that I have to rely on other people for battles.

On a related note, it occurs to me that I have a highly self destructive personality... As we speak I'm putting the finishing touched on a new RP for Umbrella completely unrelated to SoS...

Sometimes I wonder if I have ADD.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 4:14 pm

no, you just have split persona, bob told me so last night

(bob is the meglomanic you represed)
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 4:45 pm

Trigger wrote:
Nicely executed Pest, my only problem with it was where you stated "Tine and Gurog Level"

Now, it's rather obvious that you were going to level after such a fight, but for future reference, I'll worry about XP distribution.

On a related note, it occurs to me that I have a highly self destructive personality... As we speak I'm putting the finishing touched on a new RP for Umbrella completely unrelated to SoS...

I bolded the part I found interesting. It was a Boss fight, why not level after such a fight?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 22, 2009 5:12 pm

Pest02 wrote:
Trigger wrote:

I bolded the part I found interesting. It was a Boss fight, why not level after such a fight?
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 7:26 am

On page 30, at this post:

Pest02 wrote:
Gnome scouts have been spotted near the God Spike mountains. The gnomes pose no threat to passing travelers. Nonlethal animal traps have also been found.

Trigger, Zak, Austin, and Fatality defended a maid at the local inn against a group of drunks. The guards were called, and those four and Pest left for the forest, to hide. Pest had no reason to hide, he is not a wanted criminal.

They set up a camp in a clearing, with two different campfires. An orc(Penguin) found them, followed by a huntsman(Spartan). Jarki soon found the group, followed by Konstantine and his hawk.

Trigger left the group because it was a mess and was more trouble that it was worth. Penguin chased after him, and Jarki the vampire after him. Spartan wandered off without talking, and Tinie chased after Trigger to ask him for directions.

Pest was punted into a river where he was found by Spartan, they had roast chicken. Austin found a group of men who identified Jarki as a vampire. Austin attacked Jarki, but was assaulted by Penguin, coming to her aid.

Austin fought off Penguin, and tried to attack Jarki but was hit by a frost spell by Pest. The rest of the group caught up to them.

Trigger left the group and found the town of Wessenridge. It was under attack by Sergeant Wilhelm, who was under orders from the king.

Trigger, Konstantine, Z1, Austin, and Havoc defended the town, along with a small group of locals.

Triggers' group left the town, and encountered a group of thieves in the forest.

Jarki and Wolf got into an argument. Wolf has a curse on him that makes him need to protect vampires from outside threats. Jarki sees this as an opening, and attacks.

Pest teleported to the ruined town of Wessenridge, and Penguin stumbled in wondering why smoke was coming from the town. Penguin, Pest, and Spartan defended themselves against some angry locals.

Jarki kills Wolf. She then fights a reserve corporal and loses. She was arrested but managed to escape to Jerdy.

Trigger, Austin, Jarki, Havoc, Setting, and Z1 manage to get involved in a barfight. Setting leads Jarki towards his house. Trigger's party goes adventuring.

Tinie, Penguin, and spartan find the boat dock, and manage to get aboard a boat.

Jerdy was attacked by Garemiah Bergram. Trigger, Austin, Jarki, Setting, Teckno, and Z1 were defeated. Garemiah's forces were attacked by the Red Patriots. The general, Bahntalos, criticaly wounded Garemiah, but was unable to deliver a death blow before he escaped.

Tinie and Penguin choose to become evil. They murder the paladin spartan.

Trigger talked to his (rp)brother Bahntalos, who enlisted him to join the Red Army's cause. Imp went into town and fought 2 Thieves. Tekno and GoS both died. Jarki and Setting talked about the Demone di Nitte, and Konny, Z1, Austin, and Havoc sparred.

Tekno and Poseidon were beaten to death by villagers.

Tinie became the communist ruler of the Gnomes.

Trigger's party splits up, each going it's own way. Trigger watched his brother(rp) Bahtnalos be beheaded by Barth, the king.

Tinie is removed from the faction Blanti, which were the Banana Lord's army. After almost being smothered to death, Tinie found himself at full health. This may or may not be a curse.

This is the story so far.....
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 5 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 7:39 am

I am not waiting for Trigger to return on Sunday. Either we continue the RP, or we will make a new one. So, if we continue:

Trigger is deranged and has gone into hiding. He can be found running around the forest with a severed head.

I guess Jarki can handle the battles and loot values for her side of the RP, and I'll do mine. If a battle rewards too much good loot, then I suppose the other editor can mod it lower.

I really don't like how the main story stops, all the little side quests have to too.

Also, I was looking for the item values. Now that I have them, I can not think of a good place to put them.

Healing draught = 100 bolsa
Field kit = 200 bolsa
Healing HP = 1 bolsa per point (50 bolsa to get from 24HP to 25HP)

Iron weapons = 50 bolsa
Iron shield = 100 bolsa
Iron armor = 150 bolsa
Iron arrows = 5 bolsa each

Mithril arrows = 25 bolsa each

Steel weapons = 100 bolsa
Steel shield = 200 bolsa
Steel armor = 300 bolsa
Steel arrows = 10 bolsa each

Scroll = Misery (High level fire magic ) = 1000 bolsa
Scroll = Decapitation (High level warrior skill) = 1000 bolsa
Scroll = Bombardment (High level ranger skill) = 1000 bolsa