Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

SOS Discussion Topic

Go down 
+3
Peng
Z 1
fatalitywolf
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 5:24 pm

I'm thinking of ending Tinie. I can't think of anyway to actually do it though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptySun Mar 01, 2009 5:28 pm

Pest02 wrote:
I'm thinking of ending Tinie. I can't think of anyway to actually do it though.

Get flung really, really, really high by the Demon, and go splat. Grin
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 7:01 am

Quote :
Is it just me or is Pest violently ruining the seriousness of the RP D:

I thought the dynamite wielding talking pig riding a turtle was a bit over the top. Shocked

I have a plan though. You'll see. Also, concerning my post...

If I saw a large lizard head poke over the side of a vehicle, I'd run too.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 4:27 pm

Heh heh ^_^

I think Horker might be my new favorite character.

Anyways, it has come to my attention that there are several characters on the status list that have been inactive for several pages. I'd like everyone who's still playing to post in here that they are. In a few days, I'll delete those who didn't respond.
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 4:49 pm

of course you know I'm still playing. I'm that awesome.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 4:53 pm

i am always playing, like i am always being watched
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptyMon Mar 02, 2009 5:04 pm

Z 1 wrote:
i am always playing, like i am always being watched

You're that guy that walks around in the background.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 6:40 pm

trigg what ever happned to auto healing after every battle, you know finding herbs and stuff
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 9:45 pm

Also, I'm a rogue so I did some basic sneaking. I think it was pretty neat.

Z 1 wrote:
trigg what ever happned to auto healing after every battle, you know finding herbs and stuff

Make something up.

Resting on the side of a tree, Bob found Limeroot! Limeroot was an ancient medicine for -insert illness-. Applying some to his wounds, Bob felt better, but knew the effects would not last. He needed real medical attention.

Last edited by Pest02 on Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:41 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptyTue Mar 03, 2009 11:41 pm

That, like several aspects of the RP, became obsolete.
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 10:56 am

erm............my health still says i'm dead so.............ya. also can i please have my two stats to strength >.<
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2009 3:51 pm

Huh? Your character sheet's been fixed since last night...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 2:59 am

CHANGES

The following are changes made within the RP. Some are new and some are old, however I shall list everything within the RP that deviates from the original specifications and guidelines. Undoubtedly I will forget to list a few.

~ Churches can not revive players.

~ Healing herbs are not found in between battles, except by Havoc's alchemist, which is now dead forever.

~ Sally (Salariel) no longer exists. Pretend you never saw her. Her use within the story has been rendered moot due to a few changes in the plotline.

~ Karin (Kariniel) no longer exists, though you never met her anyway.

~ You are aloud to dictate your own battles if you want, but bear in mind that if you stray beyond what is appropriate for your level, some terrible, possibly deadly fate will be sure to befall you (random rockslide ftw). It would be in your best interests to let me handle battles, but if you're in a hurry or something, feel free to write it yourself. Remember that I will still hand out exp. and rewards. This rule goes for everyone. Keep in mind that Boss battles will still need to be written by me. ALSO, bear in mind that constant power-levelling on weak enemies just for the sake of levelling will be met with annoyance. I'd prefer not to see you annihilate two or three random bandits at the end of every other post, as I suspect one of you might do. Try to give battles a meaning.

~ There will be no SoS2, nor will SoS1 continue on forever after the story draws to a close. I've already written up a follow-up RP that, in my opinion, is loads better than this one, both in story and functionality. I'd say you get about 75% freedom in SoS, whereas this new RP gives you around 95%. More on this as SoS nears the end of it's life, which won't be for quite awhile.

~ Yon Bon has been replaced by a majorly weaker (Albeit still dangerous) boss named Jedro, who is a bit stronger than Bergram. He is sort of a vampire ninja sort of thing. ^_^ *laughs* Really, the only overpowered boss left in the game is the girl with Agromagnon, and it's unlikely you'll find her. (Barthathos is a special case. Although overpowered, he is only lethal in certain situations.)

~ Shields no longer exist, because no one uses them, and as such I've simply made the agility skill more effective. Now, shields automatically come with armour sets, and will further boost stats in no way.

~ Mages are no longer bound by the "10 charges per battle" rule, as I found it to be irritating. Now, a mage's mana reserves are determined by his or her level.

~ If killed, a player can choose to immediately respawn in a location of my choosing at a loss of all of his items except his equipped weapon, and a quarter of his money (half lost on death plus half of that lost on reviving means you lose 75% of your money if you die and immediately respawn). OR you can wait a week (7 whole days) and you will respawn automatically with all of your items, and only half of your cash gone.

~ The weapon triangle no longer exists, because it was basically ignored, and every melee character simply chose a sword. =/

~ Henceforth, all one vs. one battles will be handled differently. Instead of me posting one battle post, the fight will be RP'd out between the two fighting characters. These will be referred to as duels, and will only take place under one of two conditions. 1- A player attacks another player, or 2 - A player engages a boss (Controlled by myself or Havoc, since he is a boss now). This doesn't mean to say that you can beat the boss just by being a better RP'er, no stats still determine the outcome, I just think this way is more fun. =P

~ Take a ruler and hold it up to your computer screen while looking at the map of Nobenos. Henceforth, each half inch is a day of travel.

~ Zak's healing ability can only heal those who aren't totally fucked up. I was rather lenient when he healed Impy, who had been shot in the head, and then exploded on the ground when he fell 20 stories.

Can't be revived by Zak :
- Beheaded, or otherwise having your head destroyed
- Damage in which a vital organ is removed from the body (heart ripped out)
- Death by severe burning (melting, basically)
- Turned to ashes, or otherwise utterly obliterated.

Anything else, Zak can save you from, at the expense of having his maximum mana reserves depleted by about 75% for a good long while. A blue message saying "Zak feels better" will be posted when he recovers from the effects.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 6:53 am

How far can we go in a day if we are mounted/in a cart?

Edit:

I was going to break into the weapon triangle, too. :/

Spears would be the ideal weapon for my rogue. Why?
SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 Raceargonian78534827856

Why not? Cheesy
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 7:35 am

Ok, my plan for the Gladiator thing:

I fight in several battles, eventually collecting a total of 500 bolsa for fighting. I want to gain 1 level from these fights. I then face the sub-champion for his title. The champion is the leader of the Red Patriots, so I can't fight him. I am supposed to win, because the fight is rigged and I get the earnings of 50,000 bolsa and a set of Champion -type- Armor. Maybe I'll ditch the armor, because I can't see what would be fitting here.

What will happen with the 50,000? Nibbles develops a romantic interest in Amelia and buys her. Nibbles and the elf get married and have dozens of little half breed children. After buying her freedom and a house out in the country, Nibbles is left with around 150-ish bolsa. I think its a good start for now.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 4:03 pm

o.o *blinks*

As for your question, grounded mounts double your movement speed, and aerial mounts (If they ever exist) quadruple it.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2009 4:49 pm

Trigger wrote:
As for your question, grounded mounts double your movement speed, and aerial mounts (If they ever exist) quadruple it.

Bucky my trusty centaur mount is back in action! Eventually one of us will travel to the land of dragons and take one of those.

Trigger wrote:
o.o *blinks*

Yes? Tongue

I did my math well. Lizard plus elf equals half breed thing.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 12:10 am

*Tries to think of a proper response, but only comes up with "D:"*
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 4:55 pm

Don't hate the half breed children! Look at it!
SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 20338212238951529188268
Look at it!
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2009 9:42 pm

Ok, in all seriousness, the RP seems to be dying. We have 6 people, but we've reached the stage in our Roleplays where things go sour quick. Besides the fact that Trigger has abandoned his character, Jarki has destroyed hers and injured everyone else, and I am on some bizarre love story quest, things are going pretty well though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 12:29 am

I was destroying my character so I could step into a new one... if I feel like it... Undecided

Make her look like...:

SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 MsJarki
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 8:42 am

i dont rember being damged, i did see the house down the street blow up thou
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 11:13 am

I just realized that nowhere in all my posts have I made a mention of over being able to join one of the groups. :/

Edit: I scrapped the lizard, and made a bard. Why? Bards are cool. I can relate my alcoholic bard character to other characters in the story.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 1:42 pm

I'm not in this RP anymore!
Wew!

I'll be sure to Join (and possibly stay) in Trigger's next one though.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 EmptySat Mar 07, 2009 1:43 pm

Jarki wrote:
I was destroying my character so I could step into a new one... if I feel like it... Undecided

Make her look like...:

SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 MsJarki

That choice of clothing is hardly appropriate for how cold it is around =/
Hypothermia Ftl.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 8 Empty

Back to top Go down

SOS Discussion Topic
Page 8 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next