Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

SOS Discussion Topic

Go down 
+3
Peng
Z 1
fatalitywolf
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 5:26 pm

Quote :
Quote :
Pest02 wrote:
Magic cannonballs should pwn normal cannonballs, so the pirate battle should be easy.

I agree

Yet you still didn't post the battle. :o

I am totally on it! D:

Quote :
Quote :
Sally

Who is Sally?

You'll know before long. ^_^

Quote :
it's the magic capital of the known world, how is there not going to be awesome loot there? Plus, we would have lost all that cool loot when we were beat down.

I understand your concern, but look at it this way :

A sporting young chap named Ricky joined the RP today and created his level 0 warrior. His first post consisted of this =

Whilst strolling around the warrior capital of Vahelon, I stumbled upon an ancient chamber. Inside the chamber I found a full set of orihalcon armour, an orihalcon shield, and and orihalcon greatsword.

Now, Vahelon has always been known for it's powerful warriors, and therefore it wouldn't be too hard to believe that it might possess some long forgotten chambers filled with awesome loot. BUT it just wouldn't be sporting to give such a low level those great items, regardless of whether or not they would logically be found there.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 5:32 pm

A level one would easily be slaughtered by the temple defense systems
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 5:49 pm

Not if there weren't any. D:
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 5:53 pm

What kind of temple doesn't have some sort of traps?

Besides, isn't temple robbing illegal?
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 6:07 pm

At the top of page 20:

Trigger, Zak, Austin, and Fatality defended a maid at the local inn against a group of drunks. The guards were called, and those four and Pest left for the forest, to hide. Pest had no reason to hide, he is not a wanted criminal.

They set up a camp in a clearing, with two different campfires. An orc(Penguin) found them, followed by a huntsman(Spartan). Jarki soon found the group, followed by Konstantine and his hawk.

Trigger left the group because it was a mess and was more trouble that it was worth. Penguin chased after him, and Jarki the vampire after him. Spartan wandered off without talking, and Tinie chased after Trigger to ask him for directions.

Pest was punted into a river where he was found by Spartan, they had roast chicken. Austin found a group of men who identified Jarki as a vampire. Austin attacked Jarki, but was assaulted by Penguin, coming to her aid.

Austin fought off Penguin, and tried to attack Jarki but was hit by a frost spell by Pest. The rest of the group caught up to them.

Trigger left the group and found the town of Wessenridge. It was under attack by Sergeant Wilhelm, who was under orders from the king.

Trigger, Konstantine, Z1, Austin, and Havoc defended the town, along with a small group of locals.

Triggers' group left the town, and encountered a group of thieves in the forest.

Jarki and Wolf got into an argument. Wolf has a curse on him that makes him need to protect vampires from outside threats. Jarki sees this as an opening, and attacks.

Pest teleported to the ruined town of Wessenridge, and Penguin stumbled in wondering why smoke was coming from the town. Penguin, Pest, and Spartan defended themselves against some angry locals.

Jarki kills Wolf. She then fights a reserve corporal and loses. She was arrested but managed to escape to Jerdy.

Trigger, Austin, Jarki, Havoc, Setting, and Z1 manage to get involved in a barfight. Setting leads Jarki towards his house. Trigger's party goes adventuring.

Tinie, Penguin, and spartan find the boat dock, and manage to get aboard a boat.

Jerdy was attacked by Garemiah Bergram. Trigger, Austin, Jarki, Setting, Teckno, and Z1 were defeated. Garemiah's forces were attacked by the Red Patriots. The general, Bahntalos, criticaly wounded Garemiah, but was unable to deliver a death blow before he escaped.

This is the story so far.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 6:19 pm

Quote :
What kind of temple doesn't have some sort of traps?

The kind a level 0 that wants orihalcon equipment makes up
Quote :

Besides, isn't temple robbing illegal?

Not if you don't get caught
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 6:30 pm

I propose a deal to end this argument. A level limit for items.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 7:05 pm

Already in effect
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 7:29 pm

SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 Multic10
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 8:02 pm

Pest cannot go to Sof! He must create a different island! Sof= Island of Madness not Island of Magic.

I am comparing Sof to that of Shivering Isles from Oblivion. Now it could be so that the Mages Guild has a secret headquarters there but the Island was made for Madness therfore the people are Insane. This makes logical since so I deem it so!
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 8:06 pm

But, its already the mages headquarters... It has been for like, ever. Besides, most mages dont really seem to right in the head in the first place.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 8:40 pm

Like I said previously, The mages are based on the island of madness because those of the magical sort tend to favor insanity (because sanity is boring). Sof stays as is.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 11:18 pm

Trigger has failed as a writer. He must now bathe with a plugged-in toaster.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 11:23 pm

*cries*

I'm sorry I forgot about the existence of your character! D:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 18, 2009 11:27 pm

...MOO
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 7:14 am

So Sof is now the island of insanity?

P.S.

Havoc, I read that book in Shivering Isles.

Havoc wrote:

As the king slept that night he was awoken by his son who stood by his side equipped with the kings very own sword. The son stabbed his father in the chest and watched as he bled to death.

"Why?" asked Vespure.

"It was the most logical thing I could do," said his son walking away.

I liked that book. I also liked the one where Sheogorath posed as a man, found a woman and made her into musical instruments.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 7:43 am

I added Vladimir the ancient vampire to Nobenos. I may have a use for him later on as a device to advance the story, but I probably won't need to use him. I based his habits on Dracula, but only loosely.

Strengths:
*Can turn into a storm of bats
*Can seduce simple minded peasant women
*Can bite people as often as he wants
*Sunlight tolerant

Weaknesses:
*Water
*Silver
*Garlic
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 10:38 am

everyone is weak against garlic pest..........
Back to top Go down
SettingSun
Soldier
SettingSun

Number of posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 11:54 am

...except for me.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 12:05 pm

No Pest, Sof is now the island of magic thanks to you.. Sheelry Islands (not on the map) is the Island of Insanity. It has been approved and it is were i am going. Sadly it seems nobody wanted to accompany on my journey since it was largely based for my character purposes.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 12:39 pm

Trigger wrote:
*cries*

And Wesker, we all forgot about him too...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 3:56 pm

Pest02 wrote:
I added Vladimir the ancient vampire to Nobenos. I may have a use for him later on as a device to advance the story, but I probably won't need to use him. I based his habits on Dracula, but only loosely.

Strengths:
*Can turn into a storm of bats
*Can seduce simple minded peasant women
*Can bite people as often as he wants
*Sunlight tolerant

Weaknesses:
*Water
*Silver
*Garlic

Wouldn't a vampire be like any other vampire?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 3:59 pm

Penguin Hunter wrote:
Trigger wrote:
*cries*

And Wesker, we all forgot about him too...

Not really.

He didn't post after his first post.

I posted, but was deemed invisible.

Not really the same thing.

If Wesker wants to continue, all he has to do is post...
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 5:06 pm

Jarki wrote:
Pest02 wrote:
I added Vladimir the ancient vampire

No. He was alive when Vampires still had those weaknesses. Newer generations of vampires outgrew them.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 19, 2009 5:10 pm

Pest02 wrote:
Jarki wrote:
Pest02 wrote:
I added Vladimir the ancient vampire

No. He was alive when Vampires still had those weaknesses. Newer generations of vampires outgrew them.
Sounds reasonable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

SOS Discussion Topic
Page 4 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next