Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

SOS Discussion Topic

Go down 
+3
Peng
Z 1
fatalitywolf
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 11:12 am

Good thing I just acquired a large amount of nickles, dimes, and pennies!
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 12:55 pm

could some plz revive me now am back
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 2:27 pm

Pest02 wrote:
I am not waiting for Trigger to return on Sunday. Either we continue the RP, or we will make a new one. So, if we continue:

Then I advise you all to delete my RP and make one of your own because I'm done wasting my time writing an RP for people who aren't even loyal enough to wait two days.

Considering these facts, it seems utterly idiotic that I waste my time writing this story when I could very well be doing more interesting things.

Last edited by Trigger on Fri Jan 23, 2009 2:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 2:35 pm

if u kill rhis rp i will be totaly pissed of and make sure the one u make on ur own dies
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 2:50 pm

guys you really should just wait.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 2:53 pm

my god pest, you knew from the start that trig would control the rp, stop trying to take it over. trigs right if you realy like the rp be loyal for and wait for 2 days
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 4:45 pm

meh, I can wait for a couple days, I'm in no hurry. Y'all really should get a little patience.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 5:02 pm

We can't continue the side quests? Trigger, you said yourself that most of us were too weak to fight any boss right now. We can't have two days to gather more materials, and then continue the story on Sunday?

Yeah, I know that some posts may be god modded, but I wasn't intending to give me and Penguin 100 bolsa each fight, and to level each time too. More like level every time we face a total of 10+ enemies total, with 5-30 gold as a reward.

I really like your RP's Trigger, I think it's just wrong that we have to keep stopping them.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 5:04 pm

Z 1 wrote:
my god pest, you knew from the start that trig would control the rp, stop trying to take it over. trigs right if you realy like the rp be loyal for and wait for 2 days

Z. Don't attack Pest for making a good suggestion. He is not trying to take it over, he's just trying to keep it going in Trigger's absence.

May I remind you that you're the one that constantly pesters him into writing when he doesn't feel like it?
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 5:10 pm

Penguin Hunter wrote:
May I remind you that you're the one that constantly pesters him into writing when he doesn't feel like it?

Hey, half of us are guilty of that. Most of this is about fights that need to be posted, though.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 6:09 pm

Most of you are way overreacting.

It's not like we haven't waited a week plus for someone to post in an RP, just to continue on. It's not like 2 days is very long, though it will definitely seem long, with it being 2 days of the weekend.

But Pest wasn't trying to take over the RP or anything. He stated clearly that he wasn't trying to rush the main story, merely continue on with the side stories. It was a very innocent plan.

Trigger, you're overreacting. We are VERY obviously loyal. So loyal, that we can't stand 2 days without it. So loyal, that we need a big distraction from our boredom while waiting. We've ended up relying on your RP.

Z1... I think you should just learn when to keep your opinions to yourself. You keep on claiming Pest is trying to take over the RP. Quite frankly, he's trying to improve upon it.

Now shaddap as I dance to Soul Bossa Nova
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 8:02 pm

Jarki wrote:
Z1... I think you should just learn when to keep your opinions to yourself. You keep on claiming Pest is trying to take over the RP. Quite frankly, he's trying to improve upon it.

He has every right to voice his opinion.

As I look back, from a different point of view, I would see that I appear to be very controlling. I am the one who posts the summaries, I post the most plans, posts explaining what I intend to do in the next four or five posts, and I am the one that has held his own sub-story for the longest.

I also seem to get into trouble with Trigger the most. This may be because of the sub-story that I am involved in, with me trying to do more than a person my character level is supposed to do.

You will also sometimes see a 'Last Edit by Pest02' at the bottom of some of Trigger's important posts. This is me editing the word order, or adding in details that pertain to my, and Penguins, sub story.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptyFri Jan 23, 2009 8:10 pm

If he wanted to say that, though, he could have said it much, much nicer.

You don't want to control the RP, it's more like, you want to make it so it appeals to everyone, including the Sub-Questers.
Back to top Go down
Z 1
Shotgun Surgeon
Z 1

Number of posts : 79

Character Sheet
Name: Talethal Yoric
Weapons: Aeromancer
Items: Lute, Raiper

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptySat Jan 24, 2009 11:02 pm

its sunday, now wheres trigg.

*puts out milk and cookies*

it worked last time
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 1:00 am

He's not coming back for another day Z.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 1:54 am

Half a day, really.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptySun Jan 25, 2009 5:02 pm

After having thought it over, I have posted a new RP that should satisfy those who feel stifled by the level of rigidity that I exercise in running SoS.

And no, I haven't read any of the posts made after the one I posted on Friday. I felt like a dick after I said those things.

*Hugs Pest*
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 5:25 pm

I feel like I am cheating. Let me explain:

Trigger's character is part of some sort of rebel army, with a castle and a well equipped army.

With my double post, double battle post on page 31, I am in the midst of making an outpost for all the uncivilized races of Nobenos. I think I've posted how I get all my resources, and soon I will have an army and castle soon. I have my own rock formations, the dwarves mine iron and steel for weapons, and use them. I haven't posted something like I get royalties or anything extremely unfair, it's just the fact that everything I seem to do only gathers more and more previously unknown factions to my cause.

I intend to leave the outpost, and join Havoc in some sort of quest for him. Penguin has every right to stay and command the goblins I just gave him, or join us.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 5:45 pm

I am considering letting everyone post their own battles, (group battles will be told from the perspective of the person elected "leader") except I will still distribute the items, XP, and money.

Also, any people who are luckier than their stats allow will probably have some unwelcome surprises waiting for them down the road.

I'll wait and see how everyone reacts to this idea before making it official
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 5:52 pm

Most of my battles seem to be Tinie watching others fight for him.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 6:05 pm

It's a good idea, but I don't know if everyone has a nickel...

And it may get abused.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptyMon Jan 26, 2009 6:44 pm

I don't expect everyone to flip coins a hundred times, so just post according to how you would expect your battles to occur.

And don't worry about it getting abused. Here's a hypothetical situation :

Billy was a nooby level 3, and he had literally taken no damage for the past four battles. Suddenly he got into another scuffle with some knights, whom he killed with an absurd level of skill.

Naturally, Trigger thought this was bunk, so he posted
"Alas, one of the soldiers wasn't really dead! He stumbled back to his feet and stabbed Billy through the throat while his back was turned!"

People definitely won't want to abuse it.

Then again, this would kill the game's risk : Players would give their characters damage all the time in order to sway my wrath, but would never actually consider allowing themselves to be killed, always escaping just shy of death, therefore making the game easy.

Since that would be pretty crappy, I might just allow this to be used when I am forced away from the RP for long periods of time (Like this weekend. I'm going to my Granny's)
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 6:55 pm

Tic Tac is a zombie, shouldn't he be able to RP more now?
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 7:10 pm

Tic Tac?
Back to top Go down
SettingSun
Soldier
SettingSun

Number of posts : 111

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2009 9:24 pm

No idea.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

SOS Discussion Topic
Page 6 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next