Mad Science Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Mad Science Forums

It's still here!

HomePortalLatest imagesGallerySearchRegisterLog in

SOS Discussion Topic

Go down 
+3
Peng
Z 1
fatalitywolf
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage

SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 9:39 am

ok so ill be a melee with a holy background
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 9:45 am

do u think som1 should have a fighting special ability because every1 else has like a healing special ability
Back to top Go down
Austin Powers
The Bartender
The Bartender
Austin Powers

Number of posts : 72

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 10:42 am

its whatever you want to have as an ability. Although it does seem I have the only combat related ability...
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 1:47 pm

My character has a combat related ability!
*realizes everything was deleted*

I should probably post it again...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyWed Dec 24, 2008 2:26 pm

yeh =p :face:
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2009 2:13 am

*Sits down cross legged with a bag of popcorn*

Anyone want any? No? Well whatever, more for me.

It seems I should have gone into more detail about special abilities. Remember: the more powerful your ability is, the more deadly your weakness is. If a weakness is not obvious, then you shall simply suffer a stat decrease.

For instance (And this is purely made up from the top of my head) A person with no special ability might have a maximum HP count of 10000, but a person with a special ability might have a max hp of 6000 or some weakness of equivalent dread.

Also, another important thing to note is that, for example, a melee character couldn't have a special ability like "shoots fireballs" or "can also use a bow". They are a no-no. However, a special ability like "Heals a party member to maximum health in exchange for a percentage of my own hp"

Since a melee guy cannot use magic, it would be assumed that he did something nonmagical to heal those HPs. maybe concocted a potion from some weeds or something.

Also, in such a case as that, the amount you would be able to heal would determine the severity of your weakness. A person who could heal 10% would only be slightly miffed, however a person who can heal teammates to maximum health would suffer a dreadful weakness.

Blah, I'm very tired, and fear that I'm ranting. Ask me anything you wish to know, and I will answer.
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

Number of posts : 83

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 11:52 am

can i have the ability to seduce the enemy?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2009 7:41 pm

No! *cracks the whip of anger*

But you CAN attempt to seduce other players! =O
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 5:53 pm

*struts up to trigg*

hey sweetie......can i start with one million bolsa?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 8:11 pm

No, but you can start with a wooden sword! It's far worse than the iron stuff everyone else starts with!
Back to top Go down
Imp
Shotgun Surgeon
Imp

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 8:23 pm

hm.....................i accept this challange! i only request that because of this i start with 15 luck.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2009 8:26 pm

D: You're not allowed to rip open the fabric of space like that! *destroys all wooden swords*
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Number of posts : 426

Character Sheet
Name: Frost
Weapons: Samurai Edge(9mm)
Items: USB necklace(Umbrella Uplink), 9mm ammo

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 7:44 pm

As of Page 6, at this post:

Austin Powers wrote:
Dathdr holds his dagger, considering her offer. After a little bit, he puts away his dagger and says "Fine. I will not stab you, for now. But I would like an explanation as to why there are tales of you among the humans, and how you found us."

Trigger, Zak, Austin, and Fatality defended a maid at the local inn against a group of drunks. The guards were called, and those four and Pest left for the forest, to hide. Pest had no reason to hide, he is not a wanted criminal.

They set up a camp in a clearing, with two different campfires. An orc(Penguin) found them, followed by a huntsman(Spartan). Jarki soon found the group, followed by Konstantine and his hawk.

Trigger left the group because it was a mess and was more trouble that it was worth. Penguin chased after him, and Jarki the vampire after him. Spartan wandered off without talking, and Tinie chased after Trigger to ask him for directions.

Pest was punted into a river where he was found by Spartan, they had roast chicken. Austin found a group of men who identified Jarki as a vampire. Austin attacked Jarki, but was assaulted by Penguin, coming to her aid.

Austin fought off Penguin, and tried to attack Jarki but was hit by a frost spell by Pest. The rest of the group caught up to them.

That is what has happened so far...
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 7:46 pm

mmkay
but im not a huntsman im a warrior XD
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 7:49 pm

spartan117 wrote:
mmkay
but im not a huntsman im a warrior XD

You identified yourself as a hunter. :p
You'll be referred to as you character for the rest of the story.
Back to top Go down
Peng
Spider Wizard
Spider Wizard
Peng

Number of posts : 272

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 7:51 pm

Pest. We aren't going to merge our two groups...we think it's better to have two groups of 3, than one of 6.
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 7:53 pm

Penguin Hunter wrote:
Pest. We aren't going to merge our two groups...we think it's better to have two groups of 3, than one of 6.

Konstantine and Fatality aren't talking, so I'm saying that they are tagging along.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2009 7:56 pm

Penguin Hunter wrote:

*Points violently at the title of the chapter*
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 7:27 pm

As of Page 8, at this post: -Post may have been edited.

Trigger wrote:
Sheathing his blades, Braavos grunted, and sank to one knee, clutching a hand over his mauled shoulder. "This is nothing." he thought, lying to himself to help deal with the agonizing pain. "I bet I could look all the way through the hole and out the other end if I had a mirror..." He growled to himself as he stood back up and immediately started heading out the northwestern gate, towards a mid-sized town called Waynesbrook.

"I have no idea what the hell I'm doing, but I sure ain't sticking around this joint." Braavos muttered to himself. If the elf and old man still wanted anything to do with him, then he was sure that they would notice his leaving.

Trigger, Zak, Austin, and Fatality defended a maid at the local inn against a group of drunks. The guards were called, and those four and Pest left for the forest, to hide. Pest had no reason to hide, he is not a wanted criminal.

They set up a camp in a clearing, with two different campfires. An orc(Penguin) found them, followed by a huntsman(Spartan). Jarki soon found the group, followed by Konstantine and his hawk.

Trigger left the group because it was a mess and was more trouble that it was worth. Penguin chased after him, and Jarki the vampire after him. Spartan wandered off without talking, and Tinie chased after Trigger to ask him for directions.

Pest was punted into a river where he was found by Spartan, they had roast chicken. Austin found a group of men who identified Jarki as a vampire. Austin attacked Jarki, but was assaulted by Penguin, coming to her aid.

Austin fought off Penguin, and tried to attack Jarki but was hit by a frost spell by Pest. The rest of the group caught up to them.

Trigger left the group and found the town of Wessenridge. It was under attack by Sergeant Wilhelm, who was under orders from the king.

Trigger, Konstantine, Z1, Austin, and Havoc defended the town, along with a small group of locals.

This is the story so far.....
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2009 8:45 pm

If one more person refers to Wessenridge as "Wessenbridge" I swear I will throw this kitty off of the four story building I'm on. *Dangles kitty*
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:25 am

Jarki started it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 9:21 am

Nuh uh! Austin did!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 10:34 am

Edit: Bad Konny! No taking my kitty! Angry *evil face*
Back to top Go down
fatalitywolf
Lord of Wolves
fatalitywolf

Number of posts : 164

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 3:08 pm

is total starting to get pissed that people keep forgeting him
Back to top Go down
Pest02
Soldier
Pest02

Character Sheet

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2009 7:08 pm

As of Page 12, at this post:
WeskerX1 wrote:
"Lucky..." Said William as he heard a thief approaching, probably running from guards.. "Hopefully he'll have something goooood!!"

William stepped out from behind the large tree, right in the thief's way. His armor glimmering, he brandished his iron sword and said "If Luck smiles upon me this day, You'll have enough Bolsa to purchase a decent meal!"

Trigger left the group and found the town of Wessenridge. It was under attack by Sergeant Wilhelm, who was under orders from the king.

Trigger, Konstantine, Z1, Austin, and Havoc defended the town, along with a small group of locals.

Triggers' group left the town, and encountered a group of thieves in the forest.

Jarki and Wolf got into an argument. Wolf has a curse on him that makes him need to protect vampires from outside threats. Jarki sees this as an opening, and attacks.

Pest teleported to the ruined town of Wessenridge, and Penguin stumbled in wondering why smoke was coming from the town. Penguin, Pest, and Spartan defended themselves against some angry locals.

This is the story so far.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SOS Discussion Topic   SOS Discussion Topic - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

SOS Discussion Topic
Page 2 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next